DALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of DALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION
Dalteparin is used along with aspirin for:
- Reducing the risk of stroke, angina
- Treating blood clots
Side Effects Of DALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION
Side Effects Of Salt: Dalteparin
Dalteparin may sometimes cause side effects such as:
- Irritation/bruising/pain at injection site
- Dark urine
- Vision changes
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of DALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION
Contraindications Of Salt: Dalteparin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Dalteparin or any other allergies.
- Serious bleeding/blood disorders
- Eye problems
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease.
Blood clots are masses resembling a jelly-like substance produced after an injury to the body to stop the continuous bleeding. Protein and platelets in the blood are responsible for the formation of blood clots in the injured part of the body. Usually, the body is able to dissolve the clots after the injury heals itself.
Sometimes, clots can develop inside veins and arteries even without any injury to the body and these are not able to dissolve either. Such clots can lead to pulmonary embolism or stroke. Such fatal medical conditions occur because the blood blocks the arteries from carrying oxygen to the heart and other parts of the body. Any such issue due to blood clots may require immediate medical attention.
A feeling of squeezing or pressure in the chest may be associated with angina. It may be a feeling like a heart attack, however, most of the times; it is considered as a warning sign of the future heart attack.
The chest pain (angina) can happen if the sufficient amount of blood is not flowing into the parts of the heart. It is regarded as a symptom of the heart disease. It can occur if anything blocks the arteries or there is a decreased blood flow in some arteries. Arteries are responsible in order to bring the oxygen-rich blood in the heart.
Angina generally goes away in a short period of time. But, it can be an alarming sign of a life-risking heart problem. It is very important to get checked by a specialist as early as possible in order to avoid a heart attack.
Angina can be of different types as follows:
- Stable angina: It is the most common type of angina. It can be triggered by the physical activities or stress. It can last for a few minutes and goes away when an individual takes rest. Stable angina is not a heart attack, although it can be an alarming sign of developing heart attack in the near future. A Specialist should be consulted without any delay.
- Unstable angina: An individual can experience this type of angina while he/she is not very active or taking rest. The pain, associated with it, can be strong as well as long-lasting. It can frequently come back. It is considered as a signal of developing heart attack very soon. So, a Specialist should be consulted in this regard as soon as possible.
- Prinzmetal's angina (or variant angina): It is a rare type of angina that can happen at night in the time of resting or sleeping. The arteries in the heart can suddenly narrow or tightened. It can be associated with lots of pain and individuals should be given the proper treatment as soon as possible.
Symptoms Treated With DALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION
What Are The Symptoms Of Blood clots
Blood clot formation in the arm or leg
A common place of blood clot formation is a person's limb. Symptoms that occur during blood clot in an arm or leg include a bluish or pale discoloration, a warm sensation at the region, tenderness, pain, and swelling. Medical experts say that the symptoms also depend upon the blood clot size. So, many patients may not even witness any symptoms or just minute swelling in the area without much pain. However, if the clot is large, then it is possible that the entire leg gets swollen with severe pain.
Blood clot formation in the heart:
While an uncommon region for a blood clot, its formation in the heart can lead to heaviness or pain in the chest. This accompanies with shortness of breath and light-headedness as well.
Blood clot formation in the abdomen:
Formation of a blood clot in the abdomen includes symptoms like swelling and excessive abdominal pain.
Blood clot formation in the brain
Blood clots in the brain lead to an acute and painful headache, including symptoms such as finding it hard to see or speak.
Blood clot formation in the Lungs
Clot formation in the lung commonly initiates within a vein deeply located in the leg or arm. Usually, starts out in a deep vein in your arm or leg, then stops and reaches the lung. This is what is called as pulmonary embolism, which is regarded as a fatal condition.
Besides these, there may also be symptoms like sweating, coughing, pain in the chest, heaviness in breathing, dizziness.
Chest pain (angina) that is experienced in the chest region can be associated with the following symptoms:
- Pressure, squeezing
- Tightening, heaviness
- Aching or burning across the chest, it usually starts behind the breastbone.
The particular pain can be spread into the jaw, neck, throat, shoulders, teeth, or back. Sometimes, patients can also complain of the following symptoms:
- Heartburn, indigestion
- Sweating, shortness of breath.
- Weakness, nausea
Stable angina generally lasts for a small period of time. Sometimes, it may feel like indigestion or gas. Unstable angina generally occurs at a resting position. It can be a surprising effect as well as lasts longer and may be complicated over time. Another type of angina is variant angina that generally occurs at a resting posting and can be severe.
Causes of diseases where DALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION is used
What Are The Causes Of Blood clots
Formation of the blood clots is due to the thickening of plasma proteins and platelets to form a semi-solid mass. Usually, a blood clot occurs due to an injury, but this can also happen inside the body without any injury. After forming, the blood clot can travel around to other areas of the body, which can be harmful. Causes of a blood clot include:
Other causes of a blood clot include:
- Research says that some types of cancer increase the amount of substance in the body leading to more chances of clotting. When veins are damaged during such a medical case, the blood vessels release pro-clotting materials that may cause blood to blot.
- Toxic chemicals in cigarette smoke may cause nerves to damage, leading to DVT. This further increases the risks of blood clot formation.
- Surgeries make a patient immobile temporarily. This increases the chances of injuries to the blood vessels, ultimately the formation of blood clots.
- A number of cases point to blood clot formation due to family history. People who inherit disorders such as Factor V Leiden, certain kidney diseases, dysfibrinogenemia can witness blood clot formation easily.
- Antiphospholipid syndrome, Obesity, Peripheral artery disease
- Pregnancy, Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), Factor V Leiden
- Family history of blood clots, Heart arrhythmias, Hiatal hernia, Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), Factor V Leiden
- Heart failure, Various medications like hormone therapy drugs, oral contraceptives and certain breast cancer drugs
- Prolonged bed rest or sitting
- Pulmonary embolism (blood clot formation in the lung)
Chest pain (angina) usually occurs due to a heart disease. If a fatty substance (plaque) builds up in the arteries, then it can block the normal blood flow to the heart muscles. For this particular situation, the heart is forced in order to work with less oxygen. It results in pain. The arteries can also be associated with the blood clots that can result in heart attacks.
Some of the less common causes of the angina are as follows:
- If a major artery of the lungs (called pulmonary embolism) is associated with a blockage, then the angina can develop.
- If a valve in the central part of the heart (aortic stenosis) gets narrowed, then the angina can occur.
- A thickened or enlarged heart (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) can develop this particular situation.
- If the sac associated with heart (pericarditis), experiences swelling, then angina may develop.
- Tearing of the aorta (the largest artery in the body) wall can develop this situation.
Best Foods With DALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION
What Are The Best Foods For Blood clots
For reducing the risks of blood clots inside the body, people should follow a diet that consists of fiber and saturated fat-rich vegetables and fruits. There are certain foods that will help in dissolving the blood clots, hence preventing blood clot formation.
- Salicylates are important inhibitors when it comes to preventing blood clot formation. Natural foods that include salicylates are spices and herbs such as peppermint, licorice, ginger, turmeric, thyme, paprika, cayenne, and curry. There are also fruits that contain salicylates which include cranberries, blueberries, prunes, raisins, grapes, oranges, and strawberries. Besides these, salicylates are also found in cider, honey, vinegar, and wine.
- Omega- 3 Fatty Acids
- Omega-3 fatty acids also consist of properties such as thinning of blood to prevent strokes due to blood clots. The best source for omege-3 fatty acids is fish which includes specific species like mackerel, herring, lake trout, salmon, and anchovies. Even fish oil is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. For vegetarians, plant sources include soy, safflower oil, corn oil, canola oil, sunflower seeds, and flaxseed.
- Vitamin E
- Another popular blood thinning nutrient is Vitamin E, which is commonly found in wheat, chickpeas, oats, palm oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts.
- Alcohol (Red Wine)
- Alcohol also acts as a potential blood thinning agent. This is because alcohol causes the reduction in the platelet accumulation and decrease of fibrinogen levels (which are known to cause blood clots). Alcohol increases a process called fibrinolysis that dissolves blood clots.
Following foods can be consumed when suffering from angina pain after consulting with the doctor:
- Fibre-rich foods: These types of foods help in maintaining a lower cholesterol level and thus prevent chest pain (angina). Such types of foods are beans, oats, peas, barley, apples, citrus, and psyllium.
- Consume lean proteins: Lean proteins such as fish, skinless chicken, and beans are helpful in preventing chest pain (angina).
- Vitamin C rich foods: Consuming vitamin C rich diet helps to keep the cholesterol under control. Good cholesterol level significantly decreases the risk of angina pain. Vitamin C rich foods that one must consume are oranges, grapes, pineapple, broccoli, etc.
Worst Foods With DALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION
What Are The Worst Foods For Blood clots
It is advisable to avoid the following foods to prevent the formation of blood clots:
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin K-rich foods increase the chances of blood clots. Vitamin K-rich foods such as bananas, peaches, asparagus, lettuce, broccoli, spinach, and kale should not be consumed to avoid blood clot formation.
- Calcium-rich foods
- Calcium is one of the nutrients that help in blood coagulation during an injury. And it does the same when there is blood clot formation inside as well. So, it is prudent to avoid dairy products containing calcium such as yogurt, cheese, and milk. Other calcium-rich foods that need to be avoided are soy products, cereals, orange juice (calcium-fortified), canned sardines and salmon.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)-rich foods:
- Niacin, or Vitamin B-3, is an essential vitamin that helps in providing energy to various reactions in the body. Unfortunately, this also helps in increasing chances of blood clotting. Niacin occurs in the body in the form of NAD (Nicotinamide dinucleotide) or NADP (Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate). Foods with niacin include cereals, fortified bread, etc.
- Fat-rich foods:
- Foods containing fats are unhealthy for the body because of cholesterol. This may lead to higher risks of blood clot formation. Unhealthy fatty foods such as butter, egg yolks, full-fat cheese, and fatty meats should be avoided.
Following foods should not be consumed in the case of angina pain:
- Consume less red meat: Red meat, such as lamb, pork, goat, veal, etc. is rich in saturated fat that enhances the cholesterol levels. An individual should try to consume one meat-free meal on a regular basis in order to prevent angina.
- Limit your salt intake: Salt can cause fluid retention that can enhance the blood pressure as well as can worsen chest pain. High sodium foods that one must avoid to reduce the risk of angina are pickles, pizza, etc.
Do's With Usage of DALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Blood clots
| Few tips to follow to prevent or treat the blood clots are: |
- Wear clothes that are loosely fitted.
- Make sure that the person raises the legs 6 inches above the heart periodically. For this, the bottom portion of the patient's bed can be raised up using pillows or some other object.
- Get compression stockings if a medical practitioner prescribes one.
- Exercise regularly as instructed by a doctor.
- While on a long trip, make sure to change positions very often.
- Try moving around or stay active as much as possible.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Chest pain (angina)
- To protect oneself from angina, following things can be done after consulting with the doctor:
- Before initiating any prolonged physical activity like having intercourse or walking uphill, consider taking nitroglycerin (ask your doctor before taking it).
- Consider Deep breathing: Stress is one of the major causes of angina pain. Therefore, it is important to manage stress. Stress can be released by performing deep breathing.
- Maintain a healthy weight: A healthy weight should be maintained in order to protect the heart. An overweight can force the heart in order to work harder for pumping blood across the body and that can result in an increased blood pressure. It can trigger the chest pain.
- Stop your activity as soon as angina pain is felt: If one experiences angina pain while performing some activity, he/she must immediately discontinue the particular activity and take rest.
- Immediately stand up or sit, if angina is experienced while sleeping or lying. This helps to release the pressure built-up in the heart.
Dont's With Usage Of DALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Blood clots
Certain things to avoid preventing or cure the blood clots are:
- Avoid consuming too much salt. As this can lead to high blood pressure, which is fatal during blood clot.
- Avoid standing or sitting for more than an hour at a time.
- Avoid sitting with crossed legs and also avoid concoctions
- Avoid placing pillows under the knees to blood clot formation.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Chest pain (angina)
To protect oneself from chest pain following things should not be done after consulting with the doctor:
- Do not do heavy exercises: Regular exercising as well as maintaining an active schedule is very important in order to keep the heart as well as blood vessels in a good working condition. Proper exercise can also be helpful in order to lose weight and maintain a healthy blood pressure level. Thus, angina can be prevented. Make sure you don’t do vigorous exercises and it should be conducted under expert guidance as heavy exercise may increase the chances of angina.
- Do not work in an industry that requires vigorous physical activities: Try to change the job, if it requires heavy physical work. As heavy physical work may induce the episodes of angina pain.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfDALPIN 5000 IU INJECTION
- Make sure that the person with blood clot moves around and does not stay idle for too long.
- Maintain healthy sleeping postures that ensure a healthy supply of blood through the body.
If an individual is associated with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetes, then he/she should take care of the following things in order to prevent angina:
- A healthy blood pressure should be maintained. Lower blood pressure will also be helpful in various other health issues, such as kidney disease, diabetes, heart problems, or stroke.
- Keeping a healthy blood sugar level is also very important for preventing angina.