DEFCORT TM TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Tamsulosin 2) Deflazacort
Uses Of DEFCORT TM TABLET
It is used to improve urination in men with suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate). It works by relaxing the muscles of bladder and prostate itself and thus making the flow of urine easier.
It also helps in the passage of kidney stones.
Deflazacort is used for treating:
- Inflammation of skin
- Autoimmune diseases
- Autoimmune diseases
- Respiratory diseases
- Many other types of inflammations
Side Effects Of DEFCORT TM TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Tamsulosin
Some of the common side-effects may be:
- Abnormal ejaculation,
- Diarrhoea, nausea
- Decreased amount of semen;
- Back pain;
- Blurred vision
Rare side effects may be:
- Fainting, dizziness
- Painful or prolonged erection
Consult your doctor if any of the side effects worsen.
Common side effects of deflazacort are:
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Increased thirst
- Peripheral, central nervous system disturbances,
- Metabolic and nutritional disorders
- Cataract, vision changes
Contraindications Of DEFCORT TM TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Tamsulosin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Kidney disease
- Cataract or glaucoma Surgery
Contraindications Of Salt: Deflazacort
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any allergic reactions
- Pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Developmental issues in children
- Any other illnesses of any kind
This disease commonly known as BPH is an enlarged prostate. This prostate gland surrounds the urethra or a bigger prostate may squeeze and block the urethra. It is a very common disease and occurs with almost all the men whereas all men over age 50 have BPH, and it’s not a severe problem. This disease is also believed as a cause of cancer, but it is just a myth.
Hard deposits of acid salts and minerals that stick together in concentrated urine are called kidney stones. They are quite painful while passing through the urinary tract. They are usually not noticed till they cause trouble and usually don't cause permanent damage. Many small stones pass out without trouble.
Kidney stones can be of different types: uric acid, calcium oxalate, calcium phosphate, and cysteine.
An allergy is an autoimmune response called a hypersensitivity reaction. This means that the body's immune system is acting in a way that is detrimental or has consequences that that affects the body- The body's immune system "overreacts" to a particular trigger, and thus your immune system is called "hypersensitive."
The severity of this overreaction of the immune system differs from person to person. Some people may have a mild reaction (sometimes only referred to as a sensitivity and not an allergy), while others may have severe anaphylactic reactions that can be life-threatening.
Eczema, food allergies, allergic rhinitis, medication allergies and anaphylactic reactions can all be grouped under the term "allergy." No specific causes of allergies have been found although genetics play the biggest role in predisposing to allergies.
People who suffer from allergies have different triggers that cause an allergic reaction. The first time someone is exposed to a trigger, the body's immune system forms antibodies against the particular allergen. This is called sensitization.
When the immune system encounters the allergic trigger for the second time, the antibodies will react to the trigger and cause an allergic response. Sometimes the allergic response can worsen with every exposure, for example, seen in patients with bee-sting allergies. The first bee sting might not be severe, but the third or fourth reaction could be life-threatening. Most of the time, the allergic response stays the same in severity.
Often people who suffer from allergies had what we call an atopic triad in childhood- this triad of allergies include atopic dermatitis (eczema), food allergies and asthma.
- Arthritis is a name collectively given to the various types of joint pains (over 100 types). Permanent changes can occur to the joints due to arthritis and a few types of arthritis can also damage the lungs, kidneys, heart, eyes, or skin.
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
Symptoms Treated With DEFCORT TM TABLET
- Sometimes, there is hardly any symptom of the disease as it includes mild and hardly noticeable pain but very rarely it can be serious too. The symptoms become worse during the winter season and also due to stress. Generally, the symptoms of BPH involve problems related to bladder storage and emptying. Some of the most common symptoms are: -
- Frequent Urination.
- Weakness in the flow of urine.
- An uncontrollable urge to urinate.
- Pain during urination.
- Bleeding in urination.
- Waking at the night to urinate.
- Bladder spasm.
What Are The Symptoms Of Kidney Stone
- Extreme pain in the side of the abdomen, back or groin.
- Painful or frequent urination. Blood in urine.
- Nausea and vomiting.
Kidney stones can be diagnosed by blood test, urine test or imaging (X-ray, CT scan).
What Are The Symptoms Of Allergy
The symptoms of allergies are because of a release of a substance called histamines from the immune system.
The symptoms of allergies depend on the type of allergy:
Acute anaphylaxis may be potentially life-threatening. This may present with a red skin rash, swelling of the airways, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, cardiovascular collapse and will lead to death if not treated.
A red itchy skin rash (wheal and flare reaction) is common in food allergies, chemical allergies (e.g. latex allergy), medication allergies and allergic reactions to insect bites.
Food allergies may present with a skin rash, itchy or swollen airways or gastrointestinal upsets.
Allergic rhinitis presents with a runny nose, teary eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion. Allergic rhinitis is one of the medical conditions that have the worst impact on quality of life.
Eczema usually presents in childhood with a dry, itchy rash, usually affecting the skin over joint surfaces.
What Are The Symptoms Of Arthritis
- The most common symptoms are pain and swelling of joints, joints getting stiff and reduced range of movements.
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
Causes of diseases where DEFCORT TM TABLET is used
The actual cause of BPH is still unknown whether many types of research studies have concluded some of the facts. Thus, here are some possible causes of BPH: -
- Normal ageing.
- Genetics is also a possible cause as it has been observed Africans are more likely to have this problem other than Asian men.
- Obesity as men with overweight has higher a risk than others.
- Changes in the balance of sex hormones.
Though there are no exact reasons for kidney stones, they are formed when:
- Urine contains more oxalate, calcium, and uric acid, the crystal-forming substances than the fluid in urine can dilute.
- Urine lacking substances which prevent crystals from sticking together, thus creating a good environment for kidney stones to form.
Certain factors that increase the risk of kidney stones are:
- Dehydration, obesity’
- Certain medical conditions cystinuria, renal tubular acidosis, hyperparathyroidism, some urinary tract infections.
- Certain medications, family history of kidney stones
- Digestive diseases like chronic diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disease and surgeries like gastric bypass surgery can cause changes in the digestive process affecting the absorption of water and calcium, increasing the levels of stone-forming substances in the urine.
What Are The Causes Of Allergy
Genetics is the biggest link to allergies.
There has recently been much discussion about the increasing prevalence of allergies seen in the developed world. This increase is thought to be attributed to a decreased exposure to allergens and toxins in childhood, because of "over-hygienic" parenting. This is referred to in the media is the "hygiene hypothesis."
Children who are exposed to more bacteria and allergens in childhood have shown to have lower incidences of allergies.
Triggers for allergies are numerous. The common triggers are:
- House dust mites and dust
- Pollen and grass
- Animal dander
- Nuts- especially peanuts
- Milk and soy
- Shellfish and iodine-containing foods
- Medications such as penicillin, sulphonamide
- Chemicals such as latex
- Insect toxins such as bee-stings
What Are The Causes Of Arthritis
- The cause behind arthritis depends on the type of arthritis. The causes may range from injury, genetic factors, infections, misdirected immune system with autoimmunity. Though more common among adults, but people of any age can suffer from Arthritis.
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
Worst Foods With DEFCORT TM TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Kidney Stone
- Reduce consumption of oxalate-rich foods: Some people tend to form calcium oxalate stones; hence their doctor may suggest them to reduce such foods. These include beets, okra, rhubarb, spinach, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, nuts, tea, black pepper, chocolate, and soy products.
- Reduce salt and animal protein. Reduce the amount of salt you eat and choose non-animal protein source.
- Since different people get different types of stones (uric acid, calcium oxalate, calcium phosphate, and cysteine), identify the type of your stone and avoid foods rich in those salts or minerals.
What Are The Worst Foods For Allergy
- If you are allergic to any food substance, avoidance of that particular food is prudent.
- Spicy foods induce a histaminic response. It may worsen your allergy in some cases. Use with discretion.
- Raw fruits and vegetables may sometimes aggravate allergies because of pesticides and pollen. Cooking your vegetables can lower the allergic response related to this.
What Are The Worst Foods For Arthritis
- Avoid nightshade vegetables: Nightshade vegetables are like: tomatoes, white potatoes, eggplant, okra, peppers, tomatillos etc. The chemical solanine present in these leads to pain.
- Fried and Processed foods: Reducing these foods can decrease the inflammation at joints and can help regain body’s natural defence.
- Advanced glycation end product (toxin present in the heated, grilled, fried or pasteurized food). These result in inflammation.
- Sugars and Refined carbs increase the Advanced Glycation End product that worsens arthritis
- Alcohol and Tobacco: Alcohol increases the risk of gout and smoking leads to rheumatoid arthritis
- Salt & Preservatives: These lead to the inflammation of joints.
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
Do's With Usage of DEFCORT TM TABLET
Here are some tips for better management of this disease:
- Urinate at the first urge. Make sure to urinate before going to the bed.
- Regulate the fluid intake. Drink moderately.
- Relax more.
- Keep warm and exercise regularly.
- Learn special pelvic strengthening exercises.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Kidney Stone
- Drink lots of water as many small stones can just pass out naturally while urinating, thus avoiding the need for surgery. Drinking lot of water also helps in preventing kidney stones.
- If diet and medicines are not taken properly, kidney stones can come back. So, take care of your diet and complete the treatment prescribed by the doctor.
- If you work out too much or sweat too much, hydrate your body with liquids as less liquids cause less urine production, hence more chances of forming stones.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Allergy
- Screen yourself for your particular allergen triggers through skin prick or blood tests.
- Trigger avoidance is the biggest component of allergy treatment.
- If you suffer from severe allergic reactions, always carry your adrenaline pen with you.
- It would be wise to keep your chronic medications on you, in the case of an acute allergic episode.
- Wear a medical alert bracelet if you have any life-threatening allergies.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Arthritis
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
- Maintain weight
- Regular Exercise
- Massaging painful joints and muscles
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
Dont's With Usage Of DEFCORT TM TABLET
Here are some don’ts which experts believe that can help the patient a lot. Thus, pay an attention to it.
- Do not drink too much of fluids.
- Do not take stress or tension about the petty things.
- Do not take painkillers and medicines without a prescription.
- Do not smoke and overeat.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Kidney Stone
- Don’t let your body dehydrate.
- Don’t take symptoms like back pain or stomach pain lightly.
- Avoid taking more than 1000mg calcium per day.
- Don’t drink too much of alcohol.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Allergy
- Don't leave allergies untreated as they have a significant impact on quality of life.
- Don't smoke. Smoking increases inflammation in the body and can worsen allergic reactions; this is especially true if you suffer from airway allergies such as allergic rhinitis or asthma.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Arthritis
- Don’t wear flip-flops or uncomfortable footwear.
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfDEFCORT TM TABLET
- Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Take plenty of time in urination.
- Do practice meditation and yoga for refreshing.
- Do not sit for long in the same position as it can worsen the situation.
What Are The Tips For Allergy
Probiotics are useful in food sensitivities to restore intestinal flora balance. An elimination diet may lower inflammation in the body and help reduce allergies.
What Are The Tips For Arthritis
- Therapies like acupuncture and aromatherapy can help.
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.