DEPSOL 75MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of DEPSOL 75MG TABLET
Imipramine is used for the treatment of anxiety and agitation related Depression. It is also used for the treatment of the problem of night time involuntary urination.
Side Effects Of DEPSOL 75MG TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Imipramine
Common side effects are urinary retention, dry mouth, nausea, dizziness and drowsiness. Side effects which are relatively rare are a headache, seizures, anxiety, weakness, sleeplessness, hypertension, palpitations, hypertension, increased psychiatric symptoms, blurred vision, vomiting, increased appetite, cramps, jaundice, constipation and taste change.
Contraindications Of DEPSOL 75MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Imipramine
Patients with medical history of breathing related disorders, diabetes, glaucoma, heart, liver and kidney problems, mental condition related disorders, urination troubles should inform the doctor.
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is a psychiatric condition, and is classified in the DSM-V (Diagnostic and Statistic Manual of Mental disorders, Fifth Edition) by standardised defining criteria.
Generalised anxiety disorder is one of the commonest mental health concerns worldwide, and it is estimated that a significant number of cases are left undiagnosed.
Patients with GAD present with excessive worry and anxiety in usual day-to-day life activities. This worry interferes with their normal functioning and is often regarded as irrational or out of proportion. The worry affects areas such as health, personal relationships, finances, and career.
Diagnosis of GAD may be difficult to make as it is commonly occurs in conjunction with other mental disorders such as depression. Online and easily accessible tools such as the Generalised Anxiety Disorder-7 questionnaire may assist in the diagnosis.
The average age of diagnosis is around thirty years of age.
- Involuntary leakage of urine also known as Urinary Incontinence is the condition when an individual urinated even when they don’t want to. The way it happens and when it happens further distinguishes the type of urinary incontinence.
Symptoms Treated With DEPSOL 75MG TABLET
According to the DSM-V criteria, a patient with GAD must present with at least three of the symptoms listed below. The symptoms must be present for a minimum of six months, on most days, rather than at irregular intervals.
- Feeling impatient or on edge
- Getting worn-out quickly
- Struggling to focus or concentrate. The mind seems like it goes "blank."
- Getting annoyed quite quickly
- Muscle tension
- Some disruption of normal sleeping patterns- either having problems falling asleep, waking up at night, or having restless sleep.
The anxiety or worry must interfere with important areas of functioning such as social or employment spheres. It is important to exclude that the symptoms are not caused by other medical conditions e.g. thyroid function disturbances or by a particular substance or medication.
Patient with GAD may also have other physical manifestations of anxiety, along with those already mentioned. These include:
- Trembling, feeling jittery or being startled easily
- Gastrointestinal upsets such as nausea, diarrhoea or irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.
- Recurrent tension headaches
- If the child is wetting the bed even after the age of 7, then he/she might be prone to this disorder.
- If the child is not able to voluntarily control his/her bowel movements, then he/she is likely to suffer from this condition.
- Symptoms such as painful urine, irregular thirst, pink or red urine, hard stools, or wheezing may result in this condition.
- Adults can also develop this condition at any stage of their life.
Causes of diseases where DEPSOL 75MG TABLET is used
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is not linked to a specific aetiology, but different risk and associated factors have been identified, with a primary focus on genetics and environmental causes.
Life stressor may trigger anxiety in genetically predisposed individuals. Life stressors include social issues such as isolation, lack of family support and poor self-esteem. Financial stressors such as inadequate income or debt may also contribute.
Women are more often affected than men. GAD is seen less often in married couples or those in long-term relationships, than those without a life-partner.
Personality types may also play a role in developing GAD. Avoidant, dependent and obsessive-compulsive personalities are most commonly associated with anxiety.
- Various factors that can lead to Urinary Incontinence are obesity (increased pressure on bladder due to fat weakens the bladder), smoking, old age, prostate disease, and women face involuntary leakage of urine more than men. Other causes leading to this problem are pregnancy, menopause, hysterectomy (removal of the uterus), childbirth (labour), nervous system problems, urinary stones, spinal injury, urinary tract infection or problem from the time of birth.
Other reasons include:
- Small Bladder
- Hormone Imbalance
- Sleep Apnea
- Basic problem in the urinary tract or sensory system
Best Foods With DEPSOL 75MG TABLET
- Fresh fruits and vegetables give your body the nutrients it needs to keep your cognitive functioning optimal.
- Dehydration may worsen anxiety. Make sure to drink the recommended amount of water per day.
- Tryptophan rich foods. Tryptophan is a precursor of serotonin Foods that contain tryptophan includes: Sesame seeds, peanut butter, chicken, bananas, and turkey.
- Foods that are high in vitamin B such as red meat, tuna, eggs and salmon.
- Low GI carbohydrates. Carbohydrates increase serotonin production in the body, but refined carbohydrates cause insulin spikes. Low GI grains and bread are healthier, keep the blood glucose levels constant, and will increase serotonin levels.
- Food that is high in omega-3 such as mackerel, salmon, tuna, sesame seeds and avocados.
Foods to consume to fight urinary incontinence:
- Pumpkin seeds, the rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, help in improving bladder function.
- Non-citrus fruits like apple, pear, banana.
- Goat milk (instead of cow milk)
- Whole grains, Wheat or barley oats
- Natural Greek yoghurt
- Celery and lettuce
- Pears, apples, plums, peaches, and grapes
- Honey and banana
Worst Foods With DEPSOL 75MG TABLET
- Caffeine- coffee, black tea, chocolate.
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners. Sugar has shown to increase depression and anxiety. Sugar-spikes wreak havoc on your insulin-glucose pathway and induce a "stress-response" in the body that worsens anxiety.
- Foods high in unsaturated fatty acids, that increase neural inflammation.
To curb urinary incontinence, avoid the following:
- Fruit juices that are acidic
- Carbonated drinks
- Artificial sweeteners irritate the bladder
- Highly spiced foods.
Do's With Usage of DEPSOL 75MG TABLET
Exercise. Cardiovascular exercise is a good way to assist with stress relief, as well as managing symptoms of anxiety
Start practicing specific and directed relaxation techniques to help anxiety
Psychotherapy has been proven to be as beneficial as medication and is of additive benefit to patients who are on treatment.
Lower your caffeine intake. Caffeine is a stimulant that releases sympathomimetics (the same chemical neurotransmitters that are released during anxiety or fear
To manage urinary incontinence:
- Distribute the fluid intake throughout the day.
- Do Kegel exercises to increase your ability to hold.
- Do not feel stressed about your condition.
- For parents or guardians, make sure that the patient consumes a lot of natural product, vegetables, oat and liquids.
- Make sure that the person goes to the washroom before going to bed.
Dont's With Usage Of DEPSOL 75MG TABLET
- Do not smoke. Nicotine is a stimulant that stimulates your cardiovascular system and mimics a stress response. However, anticipated difficulty with quitting smoking may worsen anxiety. It is important to consult a doctor or counsellor to assist you, as well as to ensure that you have a good support structure around you, before attempting to stop.
- Avoid alcohol. It is a sedative but may cause a reflex/ compensatory stimulatory response by your body. Dehydration, impaired cognitive functioning, and memory impairment seen in alcohol use may also contribute to anxiety. Alcohol also lowers serotonin levels, which are important in maintaining mood and anxiety.
- Do not isolate yourself. Pursue meaningful inter-personal relationships and spend time with loved ones, as this has shown to lower anxiety
Avoid the following to deal with Involuntary leakage of urine:
- Don’t carry large water bottle with you unless exercising
- Don’t gulp, sip slowly.
- Parents should avoid scolding their child as they do not have a control over themselves in this disorder.
- There is no need to be embarrassed about disclosing this condition.
- Do not neglect the condition thinking that it will pass away. It needs proper treatment, so consult a specialist immediately.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfDEPSOL 75MG TABLET
- Supplements such as omega-3, as well as magnesium and calcium may be beneficial.
- Aromatherapy, massage therapy, and reflexology may also assist with anxiety and stress reduction in general.
- The initial step you have to take in tending to the issue is conversing with your kid about any apprehensions and tensions confronted.
- Give your youngster a chance to feel more responsible for the circumstance, by helping you to change the bed blankets, flushing them and setting them in a clothing pack. Bear in mind to commend your kid for all the assistance.