DERMACOL H CAPSULE has the following salts in its composition
1) Biotin 2) Green tea extract powder 3) Calcium pantothenate 4) Grape seed extract 5) Choline 6) Collagen Peptides 7) Copper 8) Selenium 9) Methionine 10) Silicon 11) Zinc 12) Folic Acid 13) L-cysteine 14) Lysine 15) Niacinamide 16) Vitamin B6 17) Vitamin C
Uses Of DERMACOL H CAPSULE
Uses Of Salt: Biotin
Biotin is used to prevent and treat biotin deficiency associated with malnutrition, pregnancy, long-term tube feeding, and rapid weight loss. It’s also used for hair loss, skin rash in infants, brittle nails, diabetes, and mild depression.
Calcium pantothenate is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Vitamin B5 deficiency, constipation
- ADHD in children
- Dry eyes, eye-trauma
- Osteoarthritis, symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- Sinus infection, nasal dryness
- Skin irritation, Hair loss
- Diabetic problems
- Muscular dystrophy, muscle cramps, sprains
Grape seed extract is prepared from grapefruit and is widely used in traditional medicine. It:
- Improves cardiovascular health, immunity, blood circulation.
- Reduces high cholesterol, swelling caused by injury, eye problems due to diabetes.
- Prevents risk of cancer.
Choline is a water-soluble vitamin similar to vitamin B. It is used as a supplement and also is helpful in:
- Treating liver diseases like hepatitis, symptoms of asthma, bipolar disorder, symptoms of bronchitis caused by dust, complex partial seizures, Tourette’s syndrome and Huntington’s chorea.
- Lowering the risk of neural tube defects.
- Improving mental performance
- Reducing depression, high cholesterol levels.
It is found to beneficial in following cases:
- Improves health and growth of hair and nails.
- Improves joint health and provide flexibility
- Reduces joint pains
- Weight management
Uses Of Salt: Copper
Copper is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Low body temperature
- Osteoarthritis, brittle bones
- Dilated veins, low white blood cells count
- Elevated cholesterol levels, uneven heart beat
- Skin problems
- Thyroid problems
Selenium is a very important mineral essential for many activities such as:
- Boosting Immunity, fertility
- Prevention of heart diseases, cancer
- Regulation of thyroid hormone
- Reducing symptoms of asthma
- Relieving stress
- Improving blood flow
- Increasing longevity
It is used in the form of a supplement to keep bones and tissues strong.
It is also used for the treatment of:
- Heart disease
- Hair loss
- Digestion problems
- Alzheimer's disease
Silicon is found in ample quantities in cereals, apples, raw cabbage, carrots, peanuts, onions, pumpkin, cucumber, fish, oats, almonds, unrefined grains, and oranges.
Uses Of Salt: Zinc
Zinc is useful in the following conditions, as it:
- Reduces risk of infertility, early delivery, oesophageal cancer, diabetes, and aging.
- Treats diarrhea, Wilson’s disease, age related vision loss, anemia, anorexia, ADHD in children, leprosy, peptic ulcers.
- Relieves depression, the common cold.
- Heals burns, diaper rash, foot ulcers due to diabetes, swelling, and ulcers in the mouth due to radiation therapy.
- Prevents gingivitis, plaque, bad breath, pressure ulcers.
- Reduces symptoms of sickle cell anemia.
Folic acid is used for preventing & treating folate deficiency, and its complications, like anaemia, inability of the bowel to absorb nutrients properly. Folic acid is also used for folate deficiency conditions including liver disease, ulcerative colitis, alcoholism, and kidney dialysis.
Pregnant women are advised to take folic acid to prevent miscarriage and neural tube defects.
L–cysteine is a semi-essential amino acid of our body and is used in medicine as it:
Detoxifies body toxins
- Improves antioxidant capacity, immunity, male fertility, digestion.
- Reduces ageing process, symptoms of ulcerative colitis.
- Maintains overall health in postmenopausal women, blood sugar levels in diabetic patients, symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Relieves symptoms of respiratory conditions.
- Treats psychiatric disorders (bipolar disorder).
- Prevents colon cancer, lung cancer, asthma, and angina.
- Treats acne.
Uses Of Salt: Lysine
Lysine is an amino acid and is used to prevent cold sores by either applying to the skin or taking orally. It works by preventing herpes virus from growing. Lysine is also found to improve athletic performance.
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 and is used for preventing and treating niacin deficiency.
Pyridoxamine Dihydrochloride (Vitamin B6) is important to:
- Maintain and build immune system of body
- Have positive effects on metabolism
- Hormonal control, kidney health, anaemia, arthritis,
- Maintain positive emotional health
- Manage pre-mensural syndrome
- Maintain skin health
It is also used to treat Vitamin B6 deficiency in following conditions:
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Cardiac disease
- Kidney disease
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Emotional and mental disorders
- Skin disorders
Vitamin C is used by the body to form collagen. Usual benefits of Vitamin C are:
- Skin health
- Ligaments, tendons formation
- Blood vessels health
- Bone health
- Teeth health
- Cartilage health
- Healing of wounds
- Fighting ill-effects of toxicity
Vitamin C is also used in skin care products. The benefits of using Vitamin C topically are:
- Prevents damages by ultraviolet rays, boosts the effectiveness of sunscreens
- Maintains skin health
- Delays aging
- Prevents pigmentation, dark spots
- Prevents skin cancer
- Removes acne marks
Side Effects Of DERMACOL H CAPSULE
Side Effects Of Salt: Biotin
Biotin is usually safe unless taken in excess.
Calcium pantothenate is mostly safe, but in some cases, it may cause diarrhea.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Grape seed extract is usually safe, but an overdose may cause:
- Nausea, dizziness
- A headache, itchy scalp
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Choline
Choline is possibly safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Fishy body odor, diarrhea, sweating
- Gastrointestinal distress, vomiting
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Generally, no side effects are reported if taken in an appropriate amount as directed by physician.
Some of the rare side effects may be:
- Alter in taste
- Allergic reactions
- Decreases appetite
Side Effects Of Salt: Copper
Copper is mostly safe, but in some cases (or) over doses, it may cause:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Fever, stomach pain
- Low blood pressure
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Selenium
Selenium is very safe but if taken in over doses, it may cause:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Silicon
Generally, no side effects are observed if taken in appropriate dose as prescribed by the doctor.
Side Effects Of Salt: Zinc
Zinc is usually safe, but in some cases (over doses)it may cause:
- Stomach pain
Side Effects Of Salt: Folic Acid
Some of the side effects (though rare) of Folic Acid are:
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Sleeping disturbances
- Allergic rejection
Please consult your doctor if you get any of the above side effects, especially if they do not go away within 3-4 days of starting the use.
Side Effects Of Salt: L-cysteine
Side Effects Of Salt: Lysine
Lysine is usually safe when taken in limited dose till one year. Overuse or overdose can cause stomach pain and diarrhea.
Niacinamide is mostly safe in patients. A minor side effect could be flushing reaction (causing tingling, itching, burning, and redness of arms, face, and chest).
Side Effects Of Salt: Vitamin B6
Generally no severe side effects are observed when Pyridoxamine Dihydrochloride is taken in appropriate amount.
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Side Effects Of Salt: Vitamin C
Vitamin C is usually safe.
Contraindications Of DERMACOL H CAPSULE
Contraindications Of Salt: Biotin
Please consult your doctor before consuming in the following conditions:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding or planning of childbirth
- Kidney dialysis
- Bleeding problems
- Liver, kidney or stomach problems
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Hyper sensitivity towards the drug calcium pantothenate or any other allergies.
- Stomach blockage
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug grape seed extract or any other allergies.
- Bleeding disorders
- High blood pressure
Contraindications Of Salt: Choline
Contraindications Of Salt: Copper
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the copper or any other allergies.
- Direct oral intake
- Kidney disease
- Wilson’s disease
Contraindications Of Salt: Selenium
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Skin cancer
- Prostate cancer
Contraindications Of Salt: Silicon
Contraindications Of Salt: Zinc
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards zinc or any other allergies.
- HIV / AIDS
Contraindications Of Salt: Folic Acid
- Antibiotics. Iron decreases the effectiveness of certain types of antibiotics. Hence, there should be a gap of 1-2 hours between iron and antibiotics dose.
- Bisphosphonates, Levodopa, Levothyroxine, Methyldopa and Mycophenolate Mofetil, Iron might decreases the absorption of these medicines. Hence, if you are taking any medicines containing any of these salts, you should keep a gap of 1-2 hours between any iron supplement and these medicines.
Contraindications Of Salt: L-cysteine
Contraindications Of Salt: Lysine
Avoid taking high amount of calcium or gastrointestinal medicines when taking this drug.
Contraindications Of Salt: Niacinamide
Please consult your doctor before consuming in the following conditions:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding or planning of childbirth
- Kidney dialysis
- Bleeding problems
- Liver, kidney or stomach problems
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin B6
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding.
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin C
- Obesity is defined as the build-up of excessive or abnormal fat that may spoil health. BMI (body mass index) calculated by dividing the body’s mass by the square of body height, gives a rough idea of the tissue mass in an individual and helps in categorizing the individual as being underweight, normal weight or overweight.
- Obese people are prone to cardiovascular diseases, musculoskeletal abnormalities, and various kinds of cancer. Consuming healthy foods and regular physical activities can help prevent or reduce obesity.
- Skin care is mutliple activities carried on to ensure healthy looking skin devoid of any diseases and deformities.
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
An attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is also known as ADHD, generally attacks children, teenagers and can even be found in adults. People affected by ADHD usually act without perception and show traits of hyperactivity. Furthermore, people suffering from this mental disorder have trouble focusing.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
An involuntary contraction of a muscle which occurs unexpectedly and doesn’t relax is known as a muscle cramp. When we make use of the voluntary muscles (muscles that can be controlled) in our arms and legs, they contract and relax alternately as the limbs are moved.
The muscles in the neck, head and trunk contract and relax and help to maintain posture. When a muscle (or few fibres of the muscle) contracts involuntarily, it is said to be in “spasm” and if the spasm is sustained and forceful, then it becomes a cramp. Muscle cramps cause the palpable or visible hardening of the muscle that is involved.
Any muscle(s) that can be controlled voluntarily (skeletal muscle) can be affected by cramps. Cramps can affect the entire muscle or part of a muscle or many muscles in a group. Muscle cramps can last for a few seconds or sometimes much longer and it can recur several times until it subsides.
The most common muscle groups that get cramps are:
- Gastrocnemius (back of calf or lower leg)
- Quadriceps (front of thigh)
- Hamstrings (back of thigh)
- Cramps in the abdomen, alongside the rib cage, arms, hands and feet are very common.
Muscle cramps are extremely common and everyone experiences cramps in their lifetime. Muscle cramps are quite common in adults and increase in frequency with age. The cramping of feet and legs (nocturnal leg cramps) and calf cramps (also known as Charley horse) are quite common.
When muscles are unable to generate force over an extended period of activity or for some pathological issues, it is called muscle fatigue.
The body muscles need oxygen to produce energy. But, when the muscles use up all the stored energy and oxygen, they start generating energy through a process that makes a waste product called lactic acid. As an amount of this acid increases in your muscle, you feel fatigue and experience pain.
Muscle fatigue is associated with some potential causes such as ion imbalance in muscles, impaired blood flow, nervous fatigue, and an accumulation of lactic acid in muscles. It is a common problem in most of the people especially who are associated with sports.
Cancer is essentially when there is an abnormal growth of cells in any part of the body. Typically, the body forms new cells to replace the ones that die. When new cells start growing even if you don’t really need them and the old cells don’t die, the extra cells may form a mass known as a tumour (leukaemia is an exception, as in this case cancer prohibits the normal functioning due to the abnormal division of cells in the bloodstream.
These tumours are classified as benign or malignant. Benign tumours are those that remain in one spot and do not grow. These tumours are not cancerous, whereas malignant ones are cancerous. The cells from malignant tumours spread via the lymphatic or blood systems and attack the neighbouring healthy tissues. These cancerous cells may also break away and spread to other parts of the body.
There are over 100 kinds of cancers and cancer can affect any part of the body. Most of the cancers are named after the part of the body where they originate. For instance, if it starts from the lung, it is known as lung cancer, etc. and when cancer spreads from one part of the body to another, it is known as metastasis.
There are broadly 5 groups of cancers:
- Carcinomas: They occur in cells that cover the external and internal parts of the body such as colon, breast and lung cancer.
- Sarcomas: These are caused in the cells located in the cartilage, bone, connective tissue, muscle, fat and other supportive tissues.
- Lymphomas: These cancers usually begin in the immune system tissues and lymph nodes.
- Adenomas: These are cancers that originate in the pituitary gland, thyroid, adrenal gland and other glandular tissues.
- Leukaemia: These cancers begin in the bone marrow and accrue in the bloodstream.
Dyslipidaemia or high cholesterol indicate the imbalance of fats (or lipids) in one’s blood system.
High cholesterol or dyslipidaemia, means that there is an imbalance of fats (or lipids), circulating in one’s blood stream. The body uses cholesterol (the fatty substance) to metabolize food and also make hormones.
The following three different measurements are used to determine one’s overall lipid health:
1. Low-Density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol, LDL): The higher LDL, the more is the risk of cardiovascular disease. LDL obstructs the proper blood flow into the heart and other organs by building up plaque in arteries.
2. High-Density Lipoprotein (Good cholesterol, HDL): HDL brings back the cholesterol to the liver from other parts of the body, thus removing the harmful cholesterols from your body. The higher the HDL, the better it is for the heart.
3. Triglycerides – Also referred to as fat in the blood. This type of fat is usually found in eatable animal fats and vegetable oils. High levels of Triglycerides signify the increased risk of cardiovascular disease as it also contributes to building up of a plaque in one’s arteries
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
- In Anaemia, lesser oxygen is carried around the body by red blood cells. Anemia can be of different types.
A thyroid is a butterfly-shaped small gland that is located in the front part of the neck. It produces two primary hormones namely tetraiodothyronine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). These hormones control cells’ energy consumption strategy. The thyroid gland regulates the metabolism by releasing these two hormones.
Hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid disease is referred to as a special condition of the thyroid. It occurs when thyroid gland starts to produce a large amount of T4, T3, or both.
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is also known as degenerative joint disease, degenerative arthritis is a chronic condition that can harm any join. However, the most likely affected parts are knees, hips, lower back, and neck, small joints of the fingers, thumb and the big toes’ base.
Alzheimer’s is an irreversible brain disorder, which causes problems with memory, thinking and even worsens over time. It could destroy memory, ability to think and eventually ability to do simplest tasks in life.
Bones act as splendid biological parts of the body to store calcium, anchor muscles, protect organs, and deliver body structure. To ensure that our bones are healthy, they keep on changing their size, shape, and position throughout life. New bones in the body keep forming as old bones deteriorate. Younger people develop new bones faster while the old bones break. This increases the bone density.
After a certain age, the bones in the body start depleting, but some develop various disorders, which deplete the bone mass faster compared to the normal speed. Depletion in bone health is generally characterized by two major disorders. These are:
- Osteopenia: Osteopenia is a medical disorder in which the mineral and protein content of the bone tissue reduces but not that severely. A person with osteopenia may not necessarily witness a bone fracture but still, the condition defects the bone health.
- Osteoporosis: Osteoporosis is marked as a more severe condition than osteopenia and the bones become very weak in the former condition. This is due to the loss of vitamin D and calcium leading to a more severe case and permanent damage of the bone tissue. This results in progressive depletion of the bone density.
- Hair loss, also called alopecia or baldness, means a loss of hair from part of the body or head. The severity of hair loss may vary from a small area to the entire body. Typically scarring or inflammation is not present. Hair loss may cause psychological distress in some people.
- Common types of hair loss are male-pattern hair loss, alopecia areata, female-pattern hair loss, and a thinning of hair known as telogen effluvium.
The common cold is simply referred to as cold as well. The common cold is a contagious disease caused by viruses. It occurs in the upper part of the respiratory tract which affects mainly the nose. The body parts that may get affected by common cold are voice box, sinus, and throat. Symptoms and signs of the common cold may start to appear within two days after the exposure to the virus.The common cold is accompanied by a headache, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, coughing and sometimes fever as well. Generally, it might take a week to 10 days in the recovery. Some of the symptoms can stay even for three weeks. When the symptoms of common cold worsen, it can turn into Pneumonia.
The force of around 200 viruses is involved for causing the common cold. A virus known as rhinovirus is the most prevalent cause of common cold. Common cold vaccines are not yet available. The antidote of the common cold is also not yet made but relieve to the patients can be provided by treating the symptoms.
In humans, the common cold is one of the most reoccurring infectious diseases. Averagely, an adult may suffer from cold from a couple of times to four times in a year. Cold occurs mainly in winters.
- Diarrhoea is an increased frequency of bowel movements (stools) and also increased looseness of the motion. Diarrhoea can be due to higher fluid secretion into the intestine, minimal fluid absorption by the intestines or swift passage of stool from the intestine.
- Acute Diarrhoea stays for 4 to 5 days but the chronic Diarrhoea can last up to 4 weeks. Recurrent and severe Diarrhoea can be a sign of an intestinal disease.
Infertility is a medical condition where a woman is unable to conceive or get pregnant despite one year or longer of unprotected sex. Women or men or both of the partners can be having infertility. If a woman is having infertility disorder then it is termed as female infertility and if men are having infertility disorder then it is termed as male infertility.
Types of infertility
Infertility is divided into two parts:
- Primary fertility: Primary infertility refers to those who have never been able to get pregnant or conceive a child at least after 1 year of regular unprotected sex
- Secondary fertility: Secondary infertility refers to those couples who are now unable to conceive after conceiving once.
- Acne, known as Acne Vulgaris, is one of the commonest dermatological complaints.
- Acne is especially prevalent during puberty and young adulthood, although some people may still suffer from it into their middle years. Acne is known in the general population as "pimples."
- Acne occurs when skin pores are blocked by excess sebum (natural oil produced by the skin) and by dead skin cells. As the sebum builds up, it causes inflammation of the surrounding skin. The lump that forms under the skin because of this blockage is called a comedo. A group of lumps is called comedones.
- If not treated properly acne can lead to permanent scarring. Acne also has important psychological implications such as low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression, especially in youths.
When a person suffers from certain obsessions or fears and unreasonable thoughts that result in repetitive behaviors, this is known as obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD, which is a condition related to mental health. These compulsions and repetitive behaviors usually interfere with the daily activities of the person and cause a lot of distress.
OCD manifests itself in many ways and the different types of OCD are:
- Checking something repeatedly
- Fear of contamination
- Hoarding, rumination
- Intrusive thoughts
- Too much orderliness and symmetry
These are not the only kinds of compulsions and obsessions related to OCD, but they generally fall into these categories.
Herpes is caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). There are two types of HSV: HSV-1 and HSV-2. HSV-1 is the most common cause of oral herpes, and HSV-2 is the most common cause of genital herpes. However, both viruses can cause oral and genital infections with practically identical symptoms.
The herpes virus normally enters the body through mucous membranes (especially mouth and genitals) and skin. It travels along the nerve endings to the base of spine, where it stays by feeding off nutrients produced by body cells.
Our teeth have a lot of work to do like chewing, grinding, biting, talking and also face the aging process. Hence, they need the care to keep them away from dental diseases. Brushing the teeth twice a day and flossing the mouth are age-old mantras to keep them healthy and safe. Other than this, attending routine dental check-ups and watching what you eat and drink are vital factors in deciding the health of your teeth.
The diseases of teeth are:
Also called tooth decay, this happens due to adult bacteria which survive on refined white sugar. When we eat candy or other sugary food, some morsels stick to the teeth, gums and in between teeth. Bacteria feed on this sticky food and thrive, releasing a toxin which causes tooth decay. The solution is to brush teeth regularly and floss the mouth. Avoid eating sticky sugary food.
This is a gum disease and occurs in the mild alkaline to the mild acidic environment in the mouth. The cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene and lack of the certain type of enzymes which can digest food substances. Gingivitis is a reversible condition with proper dental treatment.
If gingivitis is left untreated, it progresses into periodontal disease. In this disease, the plaque bacteria form crystals, which attach to the teeth, and these crystals destroy the ligaments, which attach teeth to the bone. As a result, pockets are formed, in which more food particles can be trapped and lodged. This causes the disease to progress, and eventually, it may lead to the removal of the tooth. The damage to the tooth and gum caused by periodontal disease is permanent and irreversible.
Also called bad breath or halitosis, mouth odor is due to remnants of food particles in the mouth. Enteric bacteria feed on these food particles and release an odor. Again, good brushing and flossing habits and the kind of food we eat play a key factor in preventing bad breath.
Symptoms Treated With DERMACOL H CAPSULE
What Are The Symptoms Of Obesity
- Abnormal weight
- Pot belly
What Are The Symptoms Of Skin care
Everybody wants to look beautiful and skin is the most important part of not only beauty but also a healthy body. Your skin shows how healthy your body is. However, skin is also the most easily affected part of the body if proper care is not taken. Some of the symptoms of poor skin are:
- Acne, chapped lips, moles, warts
- Early wrinkles
- Uneven texture, patches, dryness on the skin, blotchiness.
- Dark spots or hyperpigmentation
- Flaky/ scaly skin, rashes
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder has some common symptoms such as:
- Lack of attention
- Trouble While Speaking
- Getting distracted by any small noise
- More reaction time
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
Symptoms of muscle cramps include:
- Local pain
- Twitching of muscle
- Cramped muscle becomes hard
- Disturbs function of affected limb
Muscle fatigue is associated with a number of signs and symptoms. You should understand the factors so that you can be careful while performing exercising activities:
- Muscle weakness: A common symptom of muscle fatigue is the weakness in muscles. This symptom can give you feeling like your legs are made of spaghetti, and they are not able to handle your weight.
- Leg twitching: Your leg muscles can experience a twitching feeling due to the muscle weakness; this condition is known as myoclonic jerks. It is also a common symptom for a person who is diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The brain sends the impulse signals and instructs the twitching muscle to relax and contract as early as possible.
- Reduced activity: A person can experience a lack of energy or he/she is unable to do regular physical activities. This particular type of muscle weakness can be a result of insufficient blood flow to the muscles. Patients, who are suffering from various cardiovascular issues such as high blood pressure, may experience this type of a symptom.
- Weak grips: During the weight lifting, an athlete may feel that he/she is not able to get an enough grip of a dumbbell or a barbell. Sometimes, it can be experienced with uncontrolled trembling. These are the apparent symptoms of muscle fatigue. These conditions are known as exercise-induced muscle fatigue. A weak grip along with trembling feeling indicates that a person ends up his/her activity limit. By these symptoms, the muscles protect themselves from further injury.
What Are The Symptoms Of Cancer
- Unexplained weight loss
- Changes in the skin
· Darker skin (hyperpigmentation)
· Red eyes (erythema)
· Yellowish eyes and skin (jaundice)
· Itching (pruritis)
· Excessive growth of hair
Some other symptoms of cancer are:
- Change in bladder function or bowel habits (longterm diarrhoea, constipation, pain or blood in urine).
- Sores that do not heal.
- White spots on the tongue or white patches inside the mouth (leukoplakia).
- Unusual discharge or bleeding.
- Thickening or lump in any part of the body such as breast, testicles, lymph nodes, etc.
- Long-term indigestion or trouble in swallowing.
- Any changes in a mole, wart or any changes in the skin.
- Hoarseness or a nagging cough.
Usually, high cholesterol doesn’t have much of symptoms initially, except chest pain. However, it can lead to sudden heart attack or stroke, if it goes unnoticed.
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
What Are The Symptoms Of Anaemia
- Common symptoms of anemia are tiredness, dizziness, and breathlessness.
Sometimes, Hyperthyroidism can be visible through the enlarged thyroid gland (called a goitre). It can be one-sided or symmetrical. The eyes can also appear more prominent that is a symptom of exophthalmos, a sign of Graves’ disease, and it is the most common symptom of Hyperthyroidism.
Other symptoms of Hyperthyroidism may be as follows:
- Feeling anxious, nervous or irritable.
- Feeling very weak or tired.
- Experiencing mood swings.
- Sensitivity to heat.
- Irregular or fast heartbeat or palpitations.
- Sudden unexplained weight loss
- Increased frequency of the bowel movements.
- Shaking in fingers and hands (tremor).
- Thinning skin.
- Sleep problems.
- Fine and brittle hair.
- Changes in your menstrual cycle.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- The following symptoms require immediate medical supervision:
- Loss of consciousness.
- Breathe shortness.
- Hyperthyroidism may also lead to atrial fibrillation. It is a detrimental arrhythmia that can result in strokes.
- Joint pain and stiffness are the major symptoms. Pain, decreased the range of movement, medication’s side-effects can further deteriorate the well-being. The decreased mobility due to OA in the knee or hip-joint can be a cause of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
- Memory Loss
- Confusion with time and place
- Frequent change in mood and personality
- Very poor judgment skills
- Hard time planning and solving simple issues.
What Are The Symptoms Of Bone health
Depletion in bone health can be determined by a number of factors. Some of these symptoms have been mentioned below:
- Decreased grip strength: As people grow older, there are chances of the weakening of bones unless a healthy nutrition-intake is not part of the diet. One of the main ways of judging the weakening of bones is checking the grip strength as it involves the use of bones and muscles in the arms and hands. If a patient feels that the grip strength is depleting, then there are chances that he/she is suffering from bone health depletion.
- Bone pain: Bone pain is one of the main symptoms of the disintegration of bone health and the main reason behind it is the deficiency of vitamin D from the body.
- Decreased height: This case arises if the person is severely affected by bone health depletion. Height loss occurs when the bone tissue is reduced progressively leading to a reduction in overall height.
- Brittle and weak fingernails: If a patient's fingernails are easily breaking and losing their grip with the bone tissue, then it is likely that the person is suffering from bone loss.
- Bone fracture/ brittle bones: If bone fractures occur more often in the person, then his/her bone health may not be in a good condition.
- Receding gums: Receding gums is not an uncommon symptom. While it may not be the main symptoms for bone health disintegration, it does count as an important symptom.
- Gradual thinning of hair.
What Are The Symptoms Of Common cold
After the exposure to the virus, the symptoms may occur in few days. Certain symptoms and signs of the common cold are as followed:
- Stuffy or a runny nose.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Regular coughing.
- Congestion is experienced in the chest.
- A mild headache and slight body pain may occur.
- Continuous sneezing is experienced in some of the cases.
- A little temperature rise of the body can occur.
- Feeling of general sickness may be felt.
- The nose may discharge green or yellow, thicker mucus.
- Breaths become shorter.
- Pain in the sinus.
- Pain in the ear can be experienced.
- Eyes and eyelids may become heavy.
- Extreme fussiness may occur.
- Unusual drowsiness is experienced.
- Loss of appetite can also be of the symptoms of common cold.
- Certain complicated symptoms that may occur along the common cold:
There are fewer chances of such complications but sometimes cold gets worse and reaches to one’s ears, sinuses, or chest.
- Ear infection: The main signs of ear infection are yellow or green nasal discharge and aching ears. It commonly occurs in small children.
- Sinusitis: When a common cold stays for a longer period then the chances of sinusitis increases. Symptoms of sinusitis may include infected and inflamed sinuses.
- Asthma: Wheezing or difficulty in breathing may be provoked by a common cold.
- Chest infection: Infections like bronchitis and pneumonia can be caused by prolonged common cold.
- Strep throat: Common cold is accompanied by strep throat infection. In this condition, throat becomes sore along with coughing.
What Are The Symptoms Of Diarrhoea
- Loose, watery stools.
- Cramps in abdomen leading to abdominal pains.
- Frequent bowel movements.
- Urgent need to pass bowls
- Blood in stool (sometimes)
What Are The Symptoms Of Infertility
Not able to conceive after one year of regular unprotected sex is the topmost symptom of infertility.
Symptoms may vary both men and women.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
- Low sperm count
- Less libido or changes in sexual desire
- Erectile dysfunction, small and firm testicles.
- Premature aging
- Poor ejaculation
Symptoms of infertility in women:
- Changes in menstrual cycle
- Missed periods or heavy or light periods
- Pain during periods
- Unexplained weight gain
- Loss of hair
- The unwanted growth of hair
- Sudden acne
- Changes in gut
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne
- Acne starts out as comedones. People with acne present with blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules (commonly known as “pimples”) or nodules (lumps that form under the skin). Often people with acne suffer from an oily skin complexion.
- Acne is classified as either inflammatory or non-inflammatory acne.
- Comedones are non-inflammatory acne. They can either be closed (whiteheads) or open (blackheads). The color of a blackhead is not debris or an indication of bad skin hygiene, but melanin (the skin’s surface pigment).
- Inflammatory acne occurs when bacteria invade the skin, causing papules or pustules (pimples). Nodules and cysts are also inflammatory lesions. Nodules are deeper skin lesions, while cysts are fluid-filled lumps.
- Acne usually presents in common areas of increased oil production such as the forehead, nose, chin, chest and upper back.
- Acne can be classified as mild, moderate or severe, depending on the amount and type of lesions.
Typically, OCD begins when the person is in the teens or as a young adult. The symptoms usually begin gradually and may vary throughout the person’s life. When the person is stressed, the symptoms may worsen. OCD is a disorder that remains lifelong and the symptoms can range from mild to moderate or it may become so severe and time-consuming that it can disable life.
OCD comprises both obsessive, as well as compulsive behaviors. However, it may also include having only obsessive or only compulsive behaviors.
Symptoms of Obsession
These are urges, thoughts or images that are persistent, repeated, intrusive or unwanted and cause anxiety or distress and the person tries to get rid of these by compulsive rituals or behaviours. Some themes of obsessions are:
- Need to have things in a symmetrical and orderly manner
- Fear of dirt or contamination
- Horrific or aggressive thoughts of harming others or oneself
- Unwanted thoughts such as religious, sexual or aggressive thoughts
Signs and symptoms of obsession include:
- Anxiety of getting contaminated by touching things that other people have touched.
- Doubts if you have switched off the stove, locked the door, etc.
- Feeling of great stress when objects are not symmetrically placed or facing in a particular way.
- Unwanted images of hurting someone or yourself that make you extremely uncomfortable.
- Acting inappropriately or shouting obscenities that make you uncomfortable.
- Distress caused by sexual images that occur repeatedly in the mind.
- Avoiding situations that can cause the triggering of obsessions like shaking hands, etc.
Symptoms of Compulsion
Compulsive behaviours are metal or repetitive behaviours that reduce or prevent anxiety that is related to your obsessions or to prevent something bad from occurring. However, engaging in these compulsive behaviours do not make you happy, but may only result in temporary relief from the feeling of anxiety.
- Cleaning and washing
- Requiring reassurances
- Following a strict routine
Signs and symptoms of compulsion include:
- Washing hands till the skin becomes raw
- Repeatedly checking doors to ensure that they are locked.
- Counting in patterns
- Checking repeatedly if the stove is off.
- Silently repeating a word, phrase or prayer.
- Arranging articles and things to face in a specific way.
Common symptoms of herpes are a pain, itching, small pores, blisters, ulcers, sores, fever, and swollen glands.
What Are The Symptoms Of Teeth health
The general symptoms of all dental diseases are:
- Tooth pain.
- Sensitivity: There is a sharp tingling sensation when consuming hot or cold drinks or beverages.
- Bleeding gums.
- Red and swollen gums.
- Cavities in teeth.
- Pain while chewing.
- Bad breath.
- Mouth sores.
- Loose teeth.
Causes of diseases where DERMACOL H CAPSULE is used
What Are The Causes Of Obesity
- The major reason that leads to over-weight or obesity is the imbalance between the calories consumed and the calories burnt. The intake of high energy foods and the sedentary lifestyles has led to the global widespread of obesity.
What Are The Causes Of Skin care
Skin problems are mostly symptoms of the problem within the body. Some of the causes of poor skin health are:
- Drinking less water (leading to dehydrated body)
- Poor diet, eating too much of junk food
- Too much of sun exposure, smoking, drinking alcohol
- Stress, less physical rest
- Pollution, not washing your face frequently
- Using too much of make-up, using poor quality of makeup products, not removing makeup before sleeping
- Any skin disease, any problem like imbalance of hormones
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
ADHD has been known to occur due to genetic problems. If a child is affected by ADHD then it is possible that the father or grandfather of the child is affected by the disorder as well.
Exposure to Toxins:
Mothers who smoke or drink alcohol and other toxic substances during pregnancy can affect the development of their unborn child as well. Such substances have been found to develop hyperactivity in children from an early age.
Brain injuries can lead to poor functioning of the motor activity in people.
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
Muscle cramps are caused due to various reasons such as:
- Exercising, overuse of the muscles, injury.
- Due to cold temperature, especially cold water.
- Medical conditions like kidney disease, thyroid disease, multiple sclerosis, peripheral arterial disease (problems with blood flow).
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time, standing for a long time on a hard surface, placing legs in awkward positions when sleeping.
- Reduced levels of minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, etc.
- Medicines like diuretics, statins, birth control pills, statins, etc.
- Nerve compression (lumbar stenosis).
- Insufficient blood supply.
While exercising, the muscles can feel weak, tired, and painful. This happens due to the muscle fatigue. Muscle fatigue is associated with a number of physical, nutritional, biochemical, and environmental factors. These factors are as follows:
Anaerobic Respiration: Muscles require energy in order to move and contract our body parts, and the body cells have to produce oxygen to create an essential energy. When the sufficient amount of oxygen has been supplied, then the associated cell respiration procedure is called aerobic respiration. But, when the oxygen is not enough, the cells bound to respire in an anaerobic process, and as a result, lactic acid is generated. Lactic acid is basically a waste element that causes fatigue and muscle pain.
Mineral Deficiencies: Certain electrolytes and minerals are essential for proper muscle functioning. When these important minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and calcium get reduced, then a person may experience sudden muscle cramps and fatigue.
Aging: With ageing, our muscles start to lose their strength and become weaker. Exercise can improve the muscle strength and power. But, you should be very careful with your exercise routine.
Infections: Infections associated with illness are one of the general causes of temporary muscle weakness and fatigue.
Pregnancy: During or after pregnancy, the level of steroids gets increased in the blood, and as a result, anaemia can be developed (lacking in iron). It can cause a muscle fatigue.
What Are The Causes Of Cancer
- Exposure to toxic compounds or chemicals like benzene, asbestos, nickel, tobacco, etc.
- Ionising Radiation: UV rays from the sun, gamma rays, uranium and radon radiation, etc.
- Pathogens: HPV, herpes, hepatitis viruses, etc.
- Genetics: Cancers like ovarian, breast, skin, prostate, colorectal cancers and melanoma are linked to human genes and are inherited from members of the family.
- Eating fatty foods
- No physical exercise
- Age (after 20, it starts to rise).
- Family history
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
What Are The Causes Of Anaemia
- Deficiency of nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin B 12, sickle cell anemia (a genetic blood disorder) or kidney disease can be amongst few causes of anemia.
- The type of food you eat also affects the absorption of iron and folic acid.
In most of the cases, Hyperthyroidism can be a result of Graves’ disease- an autoimmune disorder. In this case, antibodies produced for body immunity can stimulate the thyroid gland encouraging it to produce too much T4, T3, or both hormones. According to doctors, Graves’ disease may be genetic, and it is most commonly found among young women.
Other causes of Hyperthyroidism may be as follows:
- Excess iodine that is a key ingredient of T4 and T3.
- Thyroiditis (inflammation of the thyroid) that can cause T4 and T3 leaking out the gland.
- Tumours of the testes or ovaries.
- Benign tumours of the pituitary or thyroid gland.
- A Large quantity of tetraiodothyronine that may be taken through medication or dietary supplements.
- Hyperfunctioning of thyroid nodules can enhance the growth and activity of thyroid gland that results in too much hormone production. It can be a major cause of Hyperthyroidism.
- Aging and obesity are the most common causes, though there are many more reasons that can cause OA.
Scientists believe that the cause of this disease is a combination of genetic (carrying certain genes), the lifestyle of an individual and environmental factors that could affect the brain.
What Are The Causes Of Bone health
Bone health disintegration causes and possible risks are mentioned below:
- Menopause: Oestrogen produced in women helps regulate bone mass during their reproductive age. Once post-menopause stage enters in their life, the oestrogen levels start declining, leading to bone declination.
- Genetic factors: There are several individuals who are genetically prone to conditions promoting loss of bones like osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- Aging: Aging is one of the main causes of bone loss and is somewhat unavoidable.
- Lifestyle factors: A person's lifestyle can have a drastic effect on the way his/her bone health progresses. Various lifestyle factors that can cause bone health deterioration are extreme stress, too much smoking, excessive drinking of alcohol, improper diet, and lack of sedentary lifestyle and exercise.
- Male-pattern hair loss may be caused by a combination of genetic factors and male hormones.
- The cause of alopecia areata is autoimmune diseases.
- The causes for female pattern hair loss are not clear.
- The cause of is telogen effluvium (common following pregnancy) is mostly a psychologically or physically stressful event.
What Are The Causes Of Common cold
- The common cold is the infection causes in the upper-respiratory tract. It is caused by the attack of the viruses. It is a myth that not wearing enough cloth in winters or cold weather causes the cold. Some of the ways one can catch infections are as follows:
- Exposure to the virus by touching any contaminated object like cell phone remote controls, laptops, etc. or any virus containing surface like door knobs, taps, etc.
- Close contact with an infected person.
- Using the personal belongings of a person suffering from the common cold like the towel, clothes, etc.
- A mild infection may be caused in adults by three types of viruses responsible foe cold. However, in old people, children, and individuals with a weak immune system it can cause serious lower respiratory tract problem. Also, patients with heart and lung diseases, asthmatic patients, and premature babies are at a higher risk of getting the complications like pneumonia and bronchitis.
What Are The Causes Of Diarrhoea
- The main cause is the virus that infects gut. However various other causes are an allergy to a food, alcohol, diabetes, diabetes to the intestines, medications, Laxatives, radiation therapy, running, surgery, cancers, troublesome nutrition absorption.
What Are The Causes Of Infertility
The causes of infertility can be different for both men and women.
Causes of infertility in women:
- Damage or Blockage in the Fallopian tube
- Ovulation disorders, disorders of uterus or cervical
- Endometriosis, pelvic adhesions
- Early Menopause or ovarian insufficiency
- Any sexually transmitted disease
Causes of infertility in men:
- Low sperm count
- Disorder in sperm transport
- Sexual disorder, any sexually transmitted disease
What Are The Causes Of Acne
- Causes of acne are multifactorial. There are many myths surrounding causes and home remedies.
- Genetics play the largest role (estimated in 80%) of acne cases.
- Hormones, especially increased testosterone during puberty, play the second biggest role. Androgens increase the production of sebum by the skin’s oil glands as well as an increased production of cells found in the skin’s epidermis (top layer).
- Hormonal changes during normal menstrual cycles, as well as pregnancy also play a role in women.
- The bacteria, Propionibacterium Acnes, which is usually found on the skin, is another important role player. The areas of inflamed skin surrounding comedones make it easier for bacteria to accumulate and grow.
- Although there are many myths surrounding diet in acne, there are few scientific conclusions around its actual role. Carbohydrates and milk products have shown some suggested links, but none are definitive.
- Facial hygiene is important, but plays a small role, especially in severe acne.
The causes of OCD are not really understood. However, it is believed to be caused due to:
- Biology: Due to changes in the brain function or natural chemistry
- Environment: Infections
The risk factors that increase the risk of triggering or developing OCD include:
- Family history
- Stressful events
- Other disorders related to mental health
The common causes of herpes transmission are kissing, skin-to-skin direct contact during anal, vaginal, or oral sex with someone who already has an active herpes infection.
Dental diseases are caused by microorganisms that live in the mouth and release toxins causing damage to dental tissue. The mouth offers resources for the bacteria to survive and multiply. There are three types of bacteria thriving in the oral cavity - pathogenic, beneficial, and neutral. When the mouth is dominated by beneficial bacteria, then there is good dental health. When pathogenic bacteria dominate the oral cavity, it leads to dental diseases. Neutral bacteria follow whichever bacteria are dominant.
Causes of tooth and gum diseases are:
- Sugary foods: When bacteria in the mouth combine with remnants of sugary or starchy food particles, they form a colourless, sticky substance called plaque. When you don’t remove plaque from mouth by proper brushing and flossing, it hardens into tartar or calculus. Removal of tartar will require a dental procedure by a dentist.
- Acidic foods: Acidic drinks and foods attack the tooth enamel, thereby damaging it. Soft drinks contain enormous amounts of sugar, which facilitate plaque formation. The acidic content of soft drinks erodes teeth enamel and causes damage to teeth.
- Dry mouth: Saliva in the mouth is helpful in inhibiting plaque formation. People with dry mouth are more prone to dental problems. Dry mouth condition is caused by certain medications. Diseases like diabetes also cause dry mouth issues.
- Grinding of teeth: People who grind teeth in their sleep or under stress are invariably damaging their teeth. The grinding process strips away the enamel (outer layer of teeth), thereby causing tooth decay.
- Genetics: Some people inherit tooth crevices and enamel problems from parents. This can also lead to teeth problems.
- Poor dental hygiene: Improper brushing and flossing is the number one cause of teeth problems.
Worst Foods With DERMACOL H CAPSULE
What Are The Worst Foods For Obesity
To manage overweight and obesity, following foods must be avoided:
- Sweetened beverages
- Refined grains
- Large amounts of fruit juice
- Red meat and the processed meat
- Highly processed foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin care
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Fast food, junk food.
- Cow’s milk (Sometimes cow’s milk is taken from pregnant cows. It has increased levels of hormones, which in turn can cause acne).
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
- ADHD patients being hyperactive are prone to act with uncontrollable mood swings on consumption of certain foods.
- Sugary foods: Too much sugar can lead to higher sugar levels in the body that increase hyperactivity and mood swings in the patients. So, it is prudent to avoid sugary foods like candies, sweets, energy drinks, etc.
- Make them avoid eating anything that is too colourful to look at as well. These include fruit-flavoured cereals, gelatine powder, hard candy, cake mixes, etc.
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
What Are The Worst Foods For Muscle Cramps
- Avoid drinking alcohol, as it causes dehydration and the muscle cramps to worsen.
- Avoid tea, coffee and soda as the caffeine contained in these constrict the blood vessels, reduce circulation in the muscles and worsen muscle cramps. Drink water, herbal tea or decaf instead.
What Are The Worst Foods For Muscle Fatigue
You should not eat the following foods if you are experiencing muscle fatigue:
Egg: Egg yolk contains arachidonic acid, and according to some studies, it is one of the main fatty acids that are associated with inflammation.
Processed foods: Processed foods (such as bacon, granola bars, flavoured nuts, fruit snacks, margarine, microwave popcorn, ketchup, etc.) are related to high-glycemic starches and processed sugars, and they are mostly responsible for muscle pain.
White flour: White flour can enhance the muscle pain.
Salt: Too much salt intake can develop muscle cramps.
Citrus fruits: Citric acid can increase your muscle pain, so try to consume less citrus fruits such as lemon, tangerine, pomelo, bitter orange, etc.
You should quit the following foods as they encourage muscle fatigue:
Sugar: As per the research, sugar can increase the pain associated with muscle fatigue.
Less caffeine and alcohol: Caffeine and alcohol can increase the symptoms related to muscle fatigue.
What Are The Worst Foods For Cancer
- Avoid calorie-dense, fatty foods like chips, French fries, doughnuts, pastries, ice creams, etc. as they cause weight gain and obesity, which are the main cause of cancer.
- Reduce or eliminate your consumption of sugar and sugary foods and beverages like sports drinks, soft drinks, etc. as sugar boosts the insulin and suppresses the immune system and also feeds the cancer cells.
- Reduce or eliminate processed meats that are smoked, cured salted or preserved like sausages, hot dogs, bacon, lunch meats, etc. as they increase the risk of cancer.
- Avoid creamy dressings, sauces and dips as they are high in calories and can cause weight gain.
- Avoid red meat as these meats increase the risk of cancer.
- Avoid genetically modified (GMO) foods as they will worsen the effects of cancer.
- Avoid soybean oil or corn oil as these can suppress the immune system further, especially if the oils are hydrogenated.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can cause liver, oesophageal and breast cancer.
Here are the things you should avoid:
- Saturated fats: Red meat, whole-fat dairy products, eggs, vegetable oils, such as palm oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. Saturated fat can increase your levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and at the same time lowers triglycerides and nudges up levels of "good" HDL cholesterol. Hence, saturated fats should be taken in moderate quantities.
- Trans fats: Pies, cakes, cookies, donuts, French fries, chips, Margarine, samosa, muffins, pan cakes, fried chicken and other fried items.
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
What Are The Worst Foods For Anaemia
- Junk food.
- Coffee, tea, red wine as these inhibit the absorption of iron.
- White bread.
Patients who are suffering from Hyperthyroidism should avoid the following foods:
- Gluten: Most of the thyroid problems are based on autoimmune disease. Gluten encourages the autoimmune disease; moreover, it can cause inflammation in the body. Rye, spelt, barley, Kamut and several other processed foods are rich sources of Gluten.
- Dairy products: Dairy products are sources of inflammation in the body. The protein casein is found in dairy products and it can make the autoimmune disease more complicated. Patients suffering from Hyperthyroidism should avoid cow’s milk, cheese, ice-cream, and yoghurt.
- Sugar: Sugar increases inflammation and worsens the autoimmune diseases. Sugar helps in enhancing the harmful pathogens in the digestive system and encourages gut infections. It can cause “leaky gut syndrome” and it can act as a driver of all autoimmune diseases.
- A large amount of raw cruciferous vegetables: Patients suffering from Hyperthyroidism should not consume cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts in a raw form.
- Industrial seed oils: Different vegetable oils such as sunflower, corn, safflower, cottonseed, soybean, grape seed, and rice bran oil. The extraction process in the mentioned oils damages and oxidises the essential polyunsaturated fats. These damaged fats can create a great amount of inflammation in the body. They can increase free radicals and damage tissues. So, consumption of healthy fat is necessary such as olive oil, avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, raw seeds and nuts, avocados, oily fish, pastured butter and ghee, and coconut oil.
- Soy: Soy is rich in lectins that can cause irritation in gut lining and make leaky gut syndrome more complicated in people suffering from autoimmune disease.
What Are The Worst Foods For Osteoarthritis
Foods that make Osteoarthritis worse are:
- Refined carbohydrates
- Meat and Eggs
- Trans fats
- Bad Fat (due to consumption of trans fats in processed foods)
- Extra Calories (A high-calorie food can lead to Obesity, Fat, and diabetes upping the risk of Alzheimer’s
- Excessive Alcohol
What Are The Worst Foods For Bone health
The decrease in bone health may have multiple reasons behind it, but the primary reason for bone health degradation is the kind of food a person consumes. Hence, the worst foods that should be avoided are:
- Caffeine: With the consumption of coffee, magnesium and calcium are excreted in the urine at a much higher rate. Research says that consumption of two cups of coffee can lead to bone disintegration. Also, consumption of three coffee cups takes away around 45mg of calcium from the body. This risk keeps on worsening on more and more consumption of coffee, which ultimately leads to the fracturing of the hip bone.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is one of the worst food items that increase the risks of bone health degradation. Consumption of regular alcohol deteriorates overall health, including bones. This is because alcohol acts as an inhibitor of the absorption of essential minerals as it reduces the magnesium levels in the body. Excessive intake of alcohol too can lead to bone fracture with time.
- Salts: Too much salt consumption leads to removal of calcium through the urine in the body. Sodium that is present in foods at 20% or above is not suitable for the bones, so they ought to be avoided.
- Saturated fat foods: Saturated fat is not recommended to be a part of the diet of a person suffering from bone health depletion. Saturated fat will act as a counterproductive compound, leading to the thinning of the bones. This will eventually lead to bone fracture. Some well-known foods that contain saturated fats are tropical oils, cream, butter, lard, poultry skin, and red meat.
- Processed foods
- Full-fat dairy products
- Red meats
- Coffee, tea, chocolate and cola drinks.
- Such foods decrease the nutrients in the body and raise adrenal levels. This results in a chain of reaction of producing more androgen, causing hair loss.
What Are The Worst Foods For Common cold
Some of the foods to cut down to curb common cold and its symptoms are as follows:
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages: Immunity of one’s body gets weakened by alcohol, also body experiences dehydration. Such conditions make one even more vulnerable to common cold. So, one should not consume alcohol, especially in a hefty amount to prevent the common cold. Some of the beverages to avoid are beer, wine, tequila, vodka, and whiskey.
- Dairy Products: The Dairy product should be cut down during the common cold, as consuming dairy items may worsen the mucus formation. Excessive mucus causes the common cold to irritate even more. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid completely are milkshakes, cold coffee, milk ice creams, butter, cheese, yoghurt, cream, pudding, and other milk desserts.
- Packed Juices: When one is suffering from the common cold he/she must stay away from packed fruit juices as they consist of high amount of added sugar. Sugar decreases the efficiency of WBC to fight against infections. The Vitamin C benefits from the packed juice are cancelled by excessive sugar present in them.
What Are The Worst Foods For Diarrhoea
Don’t consume the following if suffering from Diarrhoea:
- Fatty foods as they make Diarrhoea worse
- Dairy products except for yogurt, as Diarrhoea leads to lactose intolerance
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks act as dehydrating agents
- Artificial sweeteners have a laxative effect on the digestive system.
- Foods leading to the excess of intestinal gas as beans, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Tainted foods prone to mishandling like fish or meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Infertility
- Avoid all trans-fats and processed foods because these increase the insulin in the body and results into obesity also.
- Caffeine: Increases the risk of miscarriages.
- Smoking and alcohol: These have a negative effect on fertility.
- Sugary products and high carbohydrates: These increases the blood glucose level and can cause ovulatory infertility.
- Seafood: These are rich in mercuric content and so can lead to infertility.
What Are The Worst Foods For Acne
- Avoid foods with a high-glycaemia component (simple sugars/carbohydrates)
- White rice, Rice cakes, Potatoes, Puffed cereals, White Bread, Pasta, Sugar in any form- Honey, and fructose (bananas, mangoes, apricots, pineapples)
- Some studies have linked dairy to acne, although the response is based on the individual
- If you have excluded both carbohydrates and dairy from your diet, and you still struggle with acne, it is advised to consult your doctor for treatment
- If you are already on treatment for acne, eliminating these foods may be complementary.
- Foods such as refined carbohydrates, foods with added sugars, containing saturated and trans fats and packaged and processed foods containing additives and preservatives are harmful to the body and also worsen the symptoms of OCD.
- Avoid foods and beverages containing caffeine such as coffee, soda, tea, energy drinks, etc., as they worsen anxiety and the condition of OCD.
- Avoid or reduce consumption of alcohol as this can intensify anxiety and stress and cause the symptoms of OCD to get worse.
What Are The Worst Foods For Herpes simplex
- Certain food actually can accelerate the growth of herpes virus. Foods rich in substances like arginine, caffeine drinks, sugar, sweets, processed foods etc. actually give birth to/ accelerate the growth of herpes virus. Some of these foods can impair the immune system of a person and thus make them more vulnerable to the herpes virus. Hence, the following foods should be avoided if you have herpes virus infection or prevent it:
- Arginine rich foods like nuts, gelatine, coconut, brown rice, wheat germ, seeds, lentils, oats, peanut butter, dried beans.
- Caffeine Drinks And Foods like coffee, soda, cake, frozen yoghurt, cappuccino, tea, ice cream, cookies.
- Corn Syrup / Sugar / Sweets
- Processed Foods like whole wheat bread, pizza, bakery products, pasta.
What Are The Worst Foods For Teeth health
- Sugary sweets and candies: Sugary food is what bacteria thrive on. Even if you wish to have sweets, opt for those which leave no particles sticking to the teeth and clear out of the mouth quickly.
- Starchy carbohydrates: Foods like chips, crackers, bread, and pasta contain starch which is available as sugar to the bacteria.
- Carbonated soft drinks and sodas: Firstly, carbonated drinks again contain a lot of sugar. Secondly, they contain phosphorous and carbon dioxide which are known to wear away the enamel of the teeth. This causes them to get brown or stained.
- Fruit juices: Though fruit juices are healthy, they contain sugar and acids which are a bad combination for teeth. If you regularly consume juices, don’t keep them for too long in the mouth. Use a straw for minimal contact with teeth.
Do's With Usage of DERMACOL H CAPSULE
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Obesity
To prevent or reduce obesity, do the following:
- Regular exercise
- Consume vegetable-based oils rather than animal-based oils.
- Take adequate sleep
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin care
- Drink lots of water.
- Whether you have acne or not, keep your face clean. Cleanse at least twice a day.
- Use natural cleansers to clean your face.
- Exercise and relax.
- Use only good quality skin care products.
- Find out the exact cause of your skin problem as skin problems can be caused due to hormonal changes, taking contraceptive pills, stress, smoking, over exposure to sun etc. Identify the root cause and make your treatment plan accordingly.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
- Parents or close relatives need to foster ADHD patients by coping up with the behaviour of the person.
- Make sure the ADHD sufferer takes his/her medications as this is the fundamental step towards coping up with the disorder.
- Parents or relatives can also try behavioural management therapy that offers a strict managing strategy to deal with the way ADHD patients act.
- Divide tasks for them so that everything is systematic.
- Organise and simplify the way people with ADHD live.
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Muscle Cramps
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated to prevent cramps.
- When you have cramps, stretching the muscle that is involved can help to stop the cramps.
- If you have cramps in your legs, walking around or jiggling your leg can help to relieve the cramps.
- Massaging the muscles that are cramped can help to relax the cramp.
- Applying a hot pad or having a hot soak can help to relieve the cramp.
- If the cramps are due to dehydration, then replacing the fluids, especially electrolytes can help to relieve the cramps.
- Riding a bike can help to stretch and condition your muscles.
- Ensure that you stretch your muscles before and after a workout and before you go to bed at night to prevent cramps.
- If you are doing some activity that triggers the cramp stop doing the particular activity.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Muscle Fatigue
You should do the following things if you are experiencing muscle fatigue:
- Try different relaxation techniques: Various relaxation techniques help in fighting the fatigue and weakness associated symptoms as well as give relief from the stress involved with chronic fatigue syndrome. Some of the relaxation techniques are meditation, deep breathing exercises, muscle relaxation procedure, biofeedback, and yoga.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Cancer
- Maintaining a healthy body weight is very important to reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases. Being overweight or obese increases the risk of various cancers such as colon, rectum, breast, endometrium, oesophagus, kidney and pancreas cancers.
- Use healthy cooking methods like broiling, baking, steaming and poaching of foods instead of frying or charbroiling to prevent weight gain and obesity.
- Protect yourself from the sun by using sunscreen or hats or scarves to prevent the risk of skin cancer.
- Go in for regular screening tests for cancer every year after the age of 40.
- Use the techniques of self-examination every month that may help to detect lumps that may indicate breast cancer in women and prostate or testicular cancer in men.
- If you are suffering from cancer, you may feel fatigue and weak. Have plenty of rest but at the same lead an active life.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage High Cholesterol
- Exercise regularly (3o minutes daily for 5 days a week) and keep your weight under control.
- Though fat people are more at risk of getting high cholesterol, it can also happen to thin people. Hence, get the regular check up done after the age of 40 years.
- Eat low salt, low-fat diet.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anaemia
- Use iron utensils for cooking as food cooked in iron vessel automatically gathers iron from the vessel and makes food iron rich.
- To improve absorption of iron in your body, take it with foods rich in vitamin C (like oranges, lemon)
- Find out the exact reason of anemia as your food choice will depend upon the real cause of anemia. E.g., patients with anemia caused by celiac disease should avoid eating gluten rich foods (like wheat, oats. Etc.), which others should continue with gluten.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hyperthyroidism
Approximately 1 in every 1000 man and 15 in every 1000 women suffer from Hyperthyroidism. The patients need more help than just taking care of their diet. So, it is important to know what should be done during Hyperthyroidism:
Thyroid level should be checked regularly as it is helpful in monitoring the severity of Hyperthyroidism. The following tips can help the patients suffering from Hyperthyroidism:
Sufficient Vitamin-D: Make sure that you are taking sufficient amount of Vitamin-D as Vitamin-D deficiency is associated with various autoimmune disorders.
De-stress: Stress can weaken your thyroid gland and as a result, it can perform at a sub-optimum level. The patients suffering from Hyperthyroidism should practice stress buster activities.
Use healthy cookware: Your cookware should not be associated with any chemical or metal as it can mix with your food and cause harmful chemical reactions.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Osteoarthritis
To prevent or reduce Osteoarthritis, take care of the following:
- Manage a healthy weight
- Regular Exercise
- Avoid Joint Injuries
- Wear shoes with proper fitting, shock absorbing shoes
- Cool down after physical activities.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Alzheimers disease
- Set goals that are realistic.
- Allow yourself some time to think and set goals for your daily tasks.
- Keep photos of your loved ones and the people you see often in your house and label them with their names.
- The person should keep himself busy in a productive way.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bone health
- Get enough sunlight without sunscreen, especially in morning or afternoon. If you are worried about sunburns or tanning, enrich your food with natural anti-oxidants like blueberries, raspberries, goji berries and pomegranates.
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
- Exercise: People who don't exercise are likely to lose calcium from their bones, leading to bone health depletion. Exercising can help with stretching of muscles that will ultimately keep the bones flexible, upright, and maintain the storage of calcium in them. People should exercise with the increase in weight gradually to improve the structure of the bones. Some capable exercises are brisk walking, dancing, swimming, or aerobics.
- Understand the genetic factors and act accordingly: It is prudent to know the family history of the person to learn about bone loss conditions like osteoporosis in other family members (especially mother's side). Once the research is done, act accordingly by improving dietary habits and exercising on a regular basis.
- Get a DEXA scan: DEXA is the acronym for Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry, which is used for checking the bone mineral density in a person. This scan will help to measure the bone strength so that necessary steps to prevent further bone loss can be done.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hair fall, Alopecia
- Take hot oil treatment- olive, coconut, and canola.
- Keep your scalp clean.
- Let the hair dry naturally. Avoid using a hair dryer.
- Eat iron rich food. Add protein, minerals in your diet.
- Find out the causes of hair loss, which may include hormonal or nutritional deficiencies, such as low iron, or low protein
- Thyroid problems or the reason could be genetic. Change your diet as per the cause identified.
- Switch your shampoos.
- Getting 7 hours of sleep, one glass of water every hour and eating protein rich foods can reduce hair loss by up to 80%. Hair is made up of minerals which only water can provide.
- Attend to dandruff as soon as you get it. Prolonged dandruff also leads to hair loss.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Common cold
The tips that one should follow while suffering from common cold are as follows:
- Keep one’s hands clean: Keep the hands clean by sanitizing them or washing them, as it helps to avoid the transferring of cold causing viruses. Especially, clean one’s hands after visiting public places like movie hall, shopping complex, gym, airport, and railway station. As these places contain a lot of germs.
- Usage of disposables is recommended and encouraged if anyone from the family is suffering from common cold. By doing this one can prevent infection from spreading. After the usage disposables should be put into trash cans. One must particularly use disposable crockery like cups, plates, spoons and glasses, paper tissues.
- Maintain the hygiene of one’s dwelling place: One should keep the house area germ free by cleaning it thoroughly with disinfectants. One must take care of cleaning the most touched things in the house like remote control, laptop, cell phone, etc. It helps to avoid viral infection, which includes common cold.
- In the case of children suffering from common cold, clean his/her toys and utility items properly.
- Keep the towels and clothes separate for the person suffering from common cold.
- Maintaining a healthy and good lifestyle is important. One must exercise, take healthy meals, and sleep properly to boost up the immune system. Body’s immunity helps to fight the common cold and other infection.
- Keep the stress in control: Stress is one of the major factors that weaken one’s immunity; hence one should try to relax. Good immunity means increases in the efficiency to fight with germs that cause the common cold.
- Make swimming a habit: People are prone to common cold should try swimming and make it a habit. Doing so can improvise the flow of blood in the nasal tract.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Diarrhoea
To prevent diarrhoea, follow:
- Keep the food preparation area neat and tidy.
- Thaw frozen food in the refrigerator.
- Consume clean water.
- Wash the fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- Cook meat thoroughly.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Infertility
- Do start a healthy diet: Eating a healthy and nutritious diet will help in carrying the pregnancy to full term. Don’t wait for the pregnancy to occur. Before you get pregnant start taking healthy diet which body needs.
- Maintain healthy body weight: Having excess or low body weight can delay your pregnancy.
- Exercise regularly: Staying fit and active will help to conceive more quickly.
- Keep track of your menstrual cycle: A women should keep the track of her menstrual cycle to check her most ovulating days.
- Use of supplements: To prepare the body for pregnancy necessary supplements including multivitamins and minerals should be added to the diet.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acne
- Consult your doctor sooner rather than later. Early treatment is important, especially for moderate to severe acne, to prevent scarring
- Sunlight has some anti-inflammatory effects. Moderate sunlight exposure may help curb the inflammation, but be sure to use a non-comedogenic sunscreen
- Be supportive of the person suffering from OCD and try to boost their self-image, confidence, and self-esteem.
- Set behavior rules and follow them. Try to maintain a normal family routine.
- Be positive. OCD is an illness and not a person’s fault or part of their personality.
- Be informed about the various aspects of the illness to be able to handle it better.
- Take definitive action and get help professional help if required.
- Exercising regularly can help the brain to manage fear and stress in a healthy manner
- Get enough of sleep, as sleep deprivation can increase the production of stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol that worsens conditions like anxiety, OCD, etc.
- Soaking in warm baths, listening to soothing music and breathing slowly and deeply can help to make the symptoms of OCD better.
- Have relaxed meals. Rushing meals or skipping them can cause the blood sugar to drop and make the anxiety and symptoms related to stress and OCD to worsen.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Herpes simplex
- Complete the course of medication, even if symptoms subside before completion.
- Wash your hands frequently so that infection doesn’t pass on to others.
- Maintain strong immune system by taking care of your diet.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Teeth health
- Brush your teeth at least two times a day to wash off any food substances remaining in the mouth.
- Flossing your teeth regularly is as important as brushing. Flossing removes food particles trapped in between teeth and also removes bad odor.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months. Bristles become weak after a time and are ineffective in cleaning the teeth. You have to change your toothbrush after a bout of illness to prevent re-infection.
- Wash the bristles thoroughly after each brushing ritual.
- Chew on sugarless gum. Chewing produces saliva which helps in washing off the bacteria.
- Give a massage to your gums at least two times a week.
- Clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner.
- Drink lots of water to keep the mouth moist.
- See the dentist biannually for a general check-up of the teeth.
Dont's With Usage Of DERMACOL H CAPSULE
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Obesity
- Decrease the energy intake from total sugars and fats.
- Never skip breakfast as skipping breakfast makes you consume more calories during the day.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin care
- Use make-up sparingly.
- Avoid using fragrances, pomades, or gels on your hair. If they get on your face, they can block your skin's pores and irritate your skin.
- Avoid touching your skin part which has acne, rashes. It can spread the bacteria, and also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
- Do not sleep with make-up on.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
- Do not feel negative. Be patient in your ways to cope up with the person's disorder.
- Do not let the person with ADHD be in charge of the situation. Try calming the situation in a practical way.
- Try not to get distracted by unnecessary things.
- Don’t worry about the small failures.
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Muscle Cramps
- Avoid increasing the amount of exercise suddenly, increase it gradually every week.
- If you have a cramp, don’t ignore the cramp and keep exercising. Stop until the cramp subsides.
- Avoid putting ice on the cramped muscle, as it will keep the muscle still in cramp. Post a workout or after any major injury, putting ice helps to decrease the muscle hangover, but to relax the muscle, increase blood flow and loosen the muscle fibres, applying heat is better.
- When the muscle is cramped, it may be difficult t find a comfortable position to rest. Place the cramped muscle or joint in a position where it stays at normal length or even slightly stretched. Resting it in a shortened position can cause it to cramp again.
- Avoid strength training the cramped muscle as it will worsen the cramp.
- If you have a lot of cramping, then it may be due to some other medical condition. If you suffer from muscle cramps regularly, then see a doctor.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Muscle Fatigue
You should not do the following things if you are experiencing muscle fatigue:
- Don’t do the wrong exercise: Don’t exercise without consulting a fitness expert as different people need different exercises for their body.
- Don’t sleep during the day: Try to avoid sleeping during the day as it can increase the muscle fatigue problem.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Cancer
- Avoid smoking and tobacco products.
- Avoid large portion sizes of foods and choose low-calorie foods.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage High Cholesterol
- Alcohol, smoking is a complete no-no for patients with high cholesterol.
- Do not have a sedentary life style.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anaemia
- Avoid taking iron with calcium rich foods, coffee, tea as these hinder the absorption of iron in the body. Take these items at different times.
- Do yoga regularly as it increases the RBC count and also purifies the blood.
- Exercise regularly, as it causes hunger, which in turn improves your food intake.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hyperthyroidism
- Limit the cell phone usage: Too much use of cell phone can be detrimental to your thyroid gland. It’s a smarter idea to use the headset during speaking on the phone.
- Caffeine: Don’t take too much caffeine as it can worsen the symptoms of Hyperthyroidism by increasing heartbeat and nervousness.
- Smoking: Patients suffering from Grave’s disease should quit smoke as soon as possible.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Osteoarthritis
- Don’t bend knees past 90 degrees while doing half knee bends
- Avoid running on concrete.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Alzheimers disease
- Don’t try to do everything on your own, take help.
- Don’t feel guilty when you haven’t reached the goals set.
- Don’t communicate with others like you need to rush.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bone health
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through the skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like a glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by the skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
- Do not use steroids for a prolonged period: There are a number of drugs, such as corticosteroids, that reduce the storage of calcium in the bones. Such steroidal drugs are meant for the treatment of various kinds of cancers in the body. While a patient may need to stick to a steroidal medication for a long period, this may result in the reduction of bone health with time. So, it is advisable to consult the healthcare specialist for periodic check-ups of the effect of such drugs on the bone density as well. If possible, such corticosteroids need to be avoided.
- Do not stress yourself: Stress is another reason for an indirect depletion of bone mass. With an increase in stress, the adrenal gland in the body fails to produce serotonin properly. This leads to the increase in cortisol in the body. High cortisol levels cause insomnia. But, in order to generate new bone tissues, sleep is necessary. With insomnia taking over the body, it will reduce a person's sleeping activity, hence leading to decrease in the rate of production of bone tissue.
- Do not keep body idle for too long: People who have bone health problems must not keep their body idle for too long. The body needs to keep moving from time to time so that the bone mass does not go waste.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hair fall, Alopecia
- Do not tie your hair till they dry naturally as tying wet hair weakens the roots of the hair.
- Avoid use of styling tools, chemical filled sprays and colours.
- Avoid stress as it is one of the key reasons for hair loss.
- Do not let dandruff continue for long.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Common cold
One must avoid a few things when attached by the common cold. Some such things are as follows:
- Do not touch one’s face, particularly the eye, mouth, and nose area, when exposed to the people suffering from common cold.
- Do not smoke: Smoking a cigar or a cigarette may disturb the air passage and increase the chances of the common cold, and certain other infections. Passive smokers are also at a risk of catching a common cold. Hence, smoking should be completely avoided.
- Avoid going to the work place: Since common cold is a contagious disease, one should avoid visiting public places. Also, some rest is advised during common cold accompanied by fever.
- Do not travel by air: When suffering from common cold, one should not take flights. Increase in pressure while flying can make the ear drum rupture if one is congested. Also, dry air of the plane may irritate the inflamed nasal track and enhances the chance of bleeding nose.
- Do not drive when feeling drowsy: Lack of sleep caused due to blocked nose and inability to breathe properly can make one feel drowsy all the time. Also, certain medicines prescribed in common cold have sedatives in them, which may cause drowsiness. Driving in such state may be proved hazardous, hence avoid driving in such illness.
- Avoid sexual activities: Although indulging in sexual activities is said to be an immunity booster, but it may cause the transmission of common cold causes viruses. Especially, kissing a healthy partner by the infected partner may result in the transferring of the germs. Hence, one should restrict from sexual activities.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Diarrhoea
To prevent diarrhoea, follow:
- Don’t consume stale food.
- Avoid uncooked foods when out.
- Don’t eat uncooked eggs.
- Avoid unpasteurized dairy products.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Infertility
- Don’t smoke: It can make you infertile and can delay your conception. It can lead to miscarriages and premature labor pain.
- Don’t consume alcohol: Excess intake reduces the sperm count in men and egg production in women. So it should be avoided.
- Don’t eat processed or fried food: Such food can make you obese and can increase the risk of getting infertile.
- Don’t take stress: Stress can also make you infertile for a temporary period of time.
- Don’t consume caffeine: This can lead to low sperm count and cause miscarriages also.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acne
- Skin moisture balance is essential. Do not over dry your skin with cleaning products. Over drying will cause the skin to produce more sebum, creating a vicious circle.
- Do not use facial scrubs too often, as the exfoliation may worsen the skin’s irritation
- Although it can be very tempting, do not "squeeze" the acne as it causes a spread of bacteria, that can lead to more acne, and may result in scarring.
- Don’t acknowledge or get involved in the person’s rituals and obsessions as this will only worsen them.
- Don’t be persuaded by emotional blackmail, tears or any other methods used by the person to support a person’s compulsions as this will only make them worse.
- Don’t be embarrassed by the illness and get help and support.
- OCD is very difficult to understand and handle. So, don’t give up on the person suffering from the illness and educate yourself so that you can handle it better.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Herpes simplex
- Herpes infections are contagious. You can infect other people, even during your treatment. Avoid touching people or allowing infected areas come into contact with other people.
- Don’t touch an infected area and then your eyes.
- Do not share the towel, clothes, combs etc. with others.
- If you or your partner has genital herpes, refrain from sex till it is cured. However, latex condoms are safe to use to avoid spreading the infection.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Teeth health
- Do not brush too hard, you will tear the gums or damage the tooth.
- Do not forget to rinse your mouth after eating sugary food.
- Do not sleep with your mouth open.
- Do not smoke as it is known to cause oral cancer.
- Do not keep sipping on beverages like tea or coffee throughout the day. This gives a chance to the bacteria to thrive and attack the enamel of the teeth.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfDERMACOL H CAPSULE
What Are The Tips For Skin care
- Exfoliate your face with scrub made for face.
- De-germ your cell phone.
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.
Don’t get disappointed if your kid is affected by ADHD as it can be controlled. Consult a specialist. At the same time, don’t feel negative about yourself and practice meditation for at least 20 minutes per day.
- If you have a tendency to get muscle cramps while exercising, drink at least 2 cups of water before every workout and around 250ml during the exercise sessions. If you sweat a lot drink a sports drink that contains potassium and sodium to replenish the lost electrolytes.
- If you get cramps while sleeping, try to avoid sleeping with your toes pointed and avoid tucking in the sheet very tightly, as this bends the toes downwards and causes cramps.
- Taking a warm shower or soaking in a bath with added Epsom salts can help to relax the muscles and relieve muscle cramps.
- Wintergreen oil contains methyl salicylate that helps to stimulate blood flow and relieve pain. Mixing wintergreen oil and vegetable oil in the ratio 1:4 and massaging it into the muscle cramp several times in a day can help to relieve the cramp.
- Taking vitamin E helps to improve blood flow and prevents leg cramps at night.
- Chamomile herb contains flavonoids and anti-inflammatory properties. Massage chamomile oil into the affected muscles to relax sore muscles and this also provide relief from muscular spasms.
- Drinking cherry juice can help to relieve inflammation and muscle pain, as cherries have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin that is a natural muscle relaxant and can help to reduce muscle spasms. You can add it to your food, use it in the capsule form or apply a cream containing it, on the affected muscle.
- Apple cider vinegar is high in potassium and helps to relieve muscle cramps. Mixing one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and drinking this once a day can help to prevent muscle cramps. If you suffer from night-time cramps, mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with honey and a tablespoon of calcium lactate with half a glass of warm water and drink this half an hour before going to bed for relief.
- Having a teaspoon of yellow mustard with a glass of warm milk can help to treat muscle cramps, as yellow mustard contains acetic acid that can help to relieve soreness and pain.
- Clove oil can help to reduce inflammation and swelling in muscles as it has anti-inflammatory properties. You can warm some clove oil and massage it for 5 minutes on the affected muscle for relief.
Some valuable quick tips regarding muscle fatigue are as follows:
- Apply an ice pack for treating the muscle fatigue.
- Increase fluid intake.
- Try natural remedies such as Epsom salt, essential oil like Eucalyptus.
- Take amino acid rich foods.
- Take a hot and cold shower.
- Go for swimming.
- Try to have an uninterrupted sleep.
What Are The Tips For Cancer
- Foods like ginseng, green tea, aloe vera, lycopene, vitamins and dietary supplements are sometimes used as an alternative treatment for cancer. However, before using any of these as a remedy for cancer, check with your doctor.
- Acupuncture has been used in many instances to treat cancer as an alternative therapy. However, before you decide to go in for such therapies, do consult with your doctor.
- There are a few vaccines that can help to prevent cancer. You can check these out and take the vaccines as recommended.
- Don’t be stressed or anxious. Take up yoga or meditation that can help you deal with any stress.
- Mental health counselling, relaxation exercises and stress management can help you manage fatigue and help you overcome it.
- Take up activities that will help to distract you from your illness like gardening, bird watching, walking in the park, photography, etc.
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include:
Consult your doctor regularly so that he/she can measure your Hyperthyroidism treatment progress. You have to take the right amount of medicine in correct time. If you are taking any anti-thyroid medicine, then make sure that you take them at correct time every day.
There are various treatments for Hyperthyroidism. Your doctor will decide what treatment will be best suited for you. The treatment can be radioactive iodine, anti-thyroid medicine, surgery, or beta blockers.
- Consume balanced diet
- Sleep Well
- Use hot and cold compresses for the affected joint to decrease pain, stiffness and swelling.
- Maintain a notebook or keep a smart phone wherein you can keep track of important information
- Ask your Friend or family members to remind you of important things
- Ask for help if things get lost
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at a younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.
- Certain medicines may also cause rapid hair fall. Consult your doctor if you face any such symptom.
- If you are staying in a high pollution area, wash your hair frequently. Instead of using shampoo for hair wash every time, try using powder of gooseberry, soapnut and Acacia continent (Shikakai). Powder of these three ingredients is easily available in grocery shops. Soak 1-1.5 tablespoon of the powder in half glass of water overnight. Sieve it next day morning and wash your hair. A mixture of dried gooseberry, soap nut and Acacia continent (Shikakai) is the best chemical free hair washing agent.
- Take some steam: Blocked nose can be opened up by taking steam. There are a lot of steamers available in market these days, which makes easy to breathe in the steam. If a steamer is not available, then one can take steam from boiling water’s pot. Always remember to breathe through the nose while taking steam. Also, be careful as the steam can burn the nose badly. One can add a few prescribed medicines to the boiling water for better results.
- Blow the mucus out: During a typical cold, excessive mucus is formed. Hence, it is important to blow it out instead of sniffing it back to the nasal passage. But be careful as blowing the nose too hard can make the germs enter to the ear passage that may lead to ear infections and ear ache. The right way of blowing nose is to press one finger on one of the nostrils and gently blow the other one.
- Use Salt-Water or Saline Spray to rinse: These may help to ease the congestion by breaking it up.
What Are The Tips For Diarrhoea
Following precautions can be taken to prevent Diarrhoea:
- Wash your hands before eating and after using the bathroom.
- Wash your hands after touching your pet or their waste.
- Use soap for about 20 seconds while washing hands, in the case of absence of soap use sanitizer.
- Keep children away from putting contaminated objects into their mouths.
What Are The Tips For Acne
- Zinc and Omega 3 supplementation can be added to maintain normal skin function. Increase water intake (2 liters per day) to help your body detoxify.
- Natural oils, such as tea tree oil, applied topically oil has shown some benefit in mild acne. It is always best to consult your physician first before using any complementary products, as it may interfere with other medications that you are on.
- Supplements like adaptogen herbs like holy basil, ashwagandha root, licorice root, Panax, ginseng, etc. can help to reduce the cortisol levels and also the symptoms of OCD.
- People with OCD can benefit from exercises that help to promote relaxation such as yoga, breathing techniques, tai chi, etc. It has been found that moderate aerobic exercises can help to reduce obsessions and compulsions in just 1 week.
- Acupuncture may be another method that can help in treating OCD symptoms by increasing the levels of serotonin production.
- Research shows that music can have positive benefits for people suffering from anxiety, depression, OCD, etc. by helping to redirect their thoughts and reducing stress levels.
- Studies reveal that mindfulness and meditation practices can help to relieve the symptoms of OCD significantly.
- Support of a professional therapist, family and friends can play a significant role in a person overcoming OCD.
- Taking up hobbies and other calming activities can go a long way in relieving the symptoms of OCD.
Some natural remedies for OCD are:
- Milk thistle contains silymarin, a flavonoid that helps to manage mood-related disorders and is a great remedy that can help to manage the symptoms of OCD.
- Borage oil contains gamma-linolenic acid which has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce symptoms of anxiety and OCD.
- St. John’s Wort or SJW can help to treat various psychiatric conditions such as OCD, depression, etc. by acting as an inhibitor that inhibits the reuptake of monoamine and blocks serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter, which plays a dominant role in the development of OCD.
- The best advice for teeth health is good oral hygiene and regular appointments with the dentist.
- Keeping a watch of what goes into the mouth as food will go a long way in protecting those pearly white assets.
- Along with brushing and flossing, using a mouthwash is very important. Mouthwash containing Listerine and chlorine dioxide will help in maintaining the good bacteria in the mouth. It will also promote good breath and make teeth strong.
- Choosing toothpaste with fluoride will make the enamel strong, and hence, avoid tooth decay. But take care to use the pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste for kids. Using too much of it can cause white spots on the teeth.