DS GLOW FACE WASH 100GM has the following salts in its composition
1) Dead sea minerals 2) Rosemary Oil 3) Menthol 4) Methylparaben 5) Castor Oil 6) White Lily Extract 7) Cathon CG 8) Propylene Glycol 9) Sodium Layurl Ether sulfate 10) Mayasol 11) Ultrez 20 12) Hydroxy Ethyl Cellulose 13) CAPB 14) Disodium EDTA.
Uses Of DS GLOW FACE WASH 100GM
Dead sea minerals (magnesium, iodine, calcium, bromide, zinc potassium etc) are extracted from waters of the dead sea. These are well known for its therapeutic and healing properties since ancient times as they:
- Promote cell metabolism, healing of skin tissue, cell renewal
- Protect skin from microbes
- Smoothen the damaged skin
- Enhance skin hydration
- Prevent wrinkles and fine lines
- Prevent skin cancer
- Promote hair growth
- Detoxify the body
- Relieve muscle cramps, stiff and sore muscles
- Revitalize dull complexion
- Reduce puffy skin, water retention, acne, sunburns, stretch marks
- Treat dandruff, eczema, psoriasis
- Treat rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, inflammation
Rosemary essential oil is extracted from rosemary herb which is considered as queen of all medicinal herbs because of its medicinal properties. It:
- Boosts immunity, oral health, memory, prostate health
- Acts as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory agent, antidepressant, expectorant
- Promotes digestion by improving quality of gastric juice
- Reduces muscle and joint pain, stress, bad odor, nervous tension and fatigue
- Increases circulation, respiratory activity, gallbladder function
- Cures migraines
- Relieves flu, a cough, cold, and anxiety
- Prevents cancer, sexually transmitted diseases
- Aids liver detoxification
- Reduces acne, aging
- Promotes hair health
Menthol is derived from pennyroyal, eucalyptus, and peppermint. It has many health benefits and is used both topically as well as take orally. Some uses of menthol are:
- Pain reliever (in case of minor pains from arthritis or other reasons)
- Treats gastrointestinal problems like bloating, gas, irritable bowel syndrome, colic and indigestion
- Relieve inflammation and itching caused due to hives and dermatitis (topical use)
- Treats asthma, cold, flu, bronchitis and other respiratory problems (oral intake)
The above list is only indicative, not exhaustive.
Methylparaben is an antifungal and antibacterial agent widely used as a preservative in preparation of cosmetics such as hair care products, lotions, moisturizers, makeup products, ophthalmic solutions, topical antibiotics and parenteral solutions.
Propylene glycol is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor irritations, diaper rash etc.
Side Effects Of DS GLOW FACE WASH 100GM
People may experience temporary burning sensation while applying the product to the skin. Please remove the product immediately if the burning sensation is acute.
Rosemary oil is usually safe, but in some cases of oral intake, it may cause side effects such as:
- Vomiting, kidney irritation
- Increased sun sensitivity, skin redness
- Uterine bleeding
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Menthol
Some of the common side effects are:
- Skin irritation, allergic reactions and rashes (in case of topical use)
- Burning sensation or worsened gastrointestinal pain(in case of oral use)
Some side effects that may occur due to the administration of methylparaben are:
- Eye and skin damage
- Increased risk of breast cancer
- Decreased sperm production and motility
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Propylene glycol is usually safe but in some cases, it may cause mild burning, irritation or stinging.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of DS GLOW FACE WASH 100GM
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug dead sea minerals or any other allergies.
- Patients on steroid treatment
- Circulatory disorders
Contraindications Of Salt: Rosemary Oil
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug rosemary oil or any other allergies.
- Bleeding disorders
- Seizure disorders
Contraindications Of Salt: Menthol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Bile-duct obstruction, liver damage
- Gallstones, gallbladder inflammation
- Acid reflux
- Blood pressure
Contraindications Of Salt: Methylparaben
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug methylparaben or any other allergies.
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug propylene glycol or any other allergies.
- Cuts on skin
- Sun burns
- Skin redness
- Acne, known as Acne Vulgaris, is one of the commonest dermatological complaints.
- Acne is especially prevalent during puberty and young adulthood, although some people may still suffer from it into their middle years. Acne is known in the general population as "pimples."
- Acne occurs when skin pores are blocked by excess sebum (natural oil produced by the skin) and by dead skin cells. As the sebum builds up, it causes inflammation of the surrounding skin. The lump that forms under the skin because of this blockage is called a comedo. A group of lumps is called comedones.
- If not treated properly acne can lead to permanent scarring. Acne also has important psychological implications such as low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression, especially in youths.
- Arthritis is a name collectively given to the various types of joint pains (over 100 types). Permanent changes can occur to the joints due to arthritis and a few types of arthritis can also damage the lungs, kidneys, heart, eyes, or skin.
Dandruff is a scalp condition in which skin of the scalp becomes dry, flaky and itchy. It is a phenomenon when scalp sheds extra skin cells. Dandruff isn’t a threatening condition but it can be embarrassing sometimes.
- Skin care is mutliple activities carried on to ensure healthy looking skin devoid of any diseases and deformities.
What Is Flu
Influenza is called as Flu. Flu is an infectious respiratory disease caused by the attack of the virus. The virus is present in the air and enters our body through nose and mouth. It spreads through coughs and sneezes. It can also spread through touching of surfaces infected by the virus and then touching your nose or mouth with those contaminated hands.
Flu can affect animals also including birds, pigs, and horses.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
Almost everyone experiences pain in the muscle at some point in time. Muscle pain, also known as myalgia is very common and since we have muscle tissue throughout the body, you can experience a muscle pain practically anywhere. The term “myalgia” or muscle pain is derived from the ancient Greek words “myos” which stands for “muscle” and “algos” meaning pain. The most common areas where you can experience muscle pain are the neck, back, legs and trapezius.
Acute bronchitis often referred to as chest cold, is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
Bronchial tubes are the airways which carry oxygen from the trachea (windpipe) to the lungs and carbon dioxide back from the lungs to the windpipe. When the bronchial tubes get infected by virus or bacteria, the swell and produce mucus. This mucous causes a cough in the infected person.
Bronchitis can be acute or chronic.
In acute bronchitis, the patient is sick for week and symptoms last for 1-2 weeks. It comes quickly and is usually self-limiting.
In chronic bronchitis, the patient has recurrent episodes of a cough and can last for a long time. A cough is accompanied with mucus for almost up to three months in a year, and it may take around two years to recover fully.
GORD occurs when there is an abnormal amount of stomach acid that leaks back into the oesophagus, leading to symptoms and possible damage to the lining of the oesophagus. There are different causes for GORD, but usually, there is some impairment of the functioning of the lower oesophageal sphincter (LES). This sphincter connects the oesophagus to the stomach, and contracts to prevent reflux of stomach contents into the oesophagus during and after eating.
If GORD is not treated, the damaged cells in the oesophagus can change into different cell types than normally found in the oesophagus. This condition is called Barrett’s oesophagus. If this is left untreated, it can progress to oesophageal cancer.
GORD can be diagnosed with specific tests:
If GORD is suspected, gastroscopy is usually the first investigation performed. A flexible tube with a camera lens is “swallowed” and allows the doctor to visualise the oesophagus and stomach. Stomach ulcers can also be excluded during the same procedure. The doctor will usually take a piece of oesophageal tissue (called a biopsy) and test it to see if there are any abnormal cells (Barrett’s oesophagus) or malignant cells. The biopsy may also show some yeast like Candida Albicans or bacteria like H.Pylori present in the oesophageal tissue that will need treatment.
Monitoring of the oesophagus’ pH over twenty-four hours can also be performed to assess for abnormal spikes of acid (low pH).
Manometry measures the pressure inside the oesophagus as well as the sphincter's contraction.
Radiological procedures such as a barium swallow (swallowing of a contrast medium while taking an X-ray) can also be performed to assess sphincter functionality and exclude any narrowing or masses in the oesophagus.
White men are more at risk for oesophageal cancer than any other population group. GORD is more prevalent in patients over the age of
It is also known as Urticaria. This causes red, itchy, raised welts and bumps on the skin that appears in various shapes and sizes. This is a very common disease in which rashes appear all over the body. These hives flare up suddenly and this disease is increased by extreme heat and cold. Antihistamines are the best treatment for this disease.
Pain is an unpleasant sensation caused by an injury or illness disrupting the quality of life. It can be physical, mental or emotional. Pain can be in any specific part of the body or can be in the whole body in case of illness.
In medical terms, pain is described as a symptom of an underlying condition. This pain can be due to variety of diseases or conditions ranging from acute to chronic. The pain is a warning sign to protect the body from any bigger damage.
Pain is classified into 3 categories;
- Acute pain: This lasts for a period of time less than 30 days. Usually, it improves as the healing process is completed.
- Chronic pain: It lasts for more than 6 months or beyond the expected time of healing.
- Cancer pain: It may occur by the tumors in the body or treatment procedures. This pain may persist long after the treatment has ended such as after chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
In this article, we shall be talking about acute pain mainly.
Skin rash means changes in the color, texture or appearance of the skin. Rashes on the skin change the color, cause swelling, cracking, blistering, dryness, bumping or warming of the skin. The skin rashes can be in a localized area or all over the skin.
Symptoms Treated With DS GLOW FACE WASH 100GM
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne
- Acne starts out as comedones. People with acne present with blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules (commonly known as “pimples”) or nodules (lumps that form under the skin). Often people with acne suffer from an oily skin complexion.
- Acne is classified as either inflammatory or non-inflammatory acne.
- Comedones are non-inflammatory acne. They can either be closed (whiteheads) or open (blackheads). The color of a blackhead is not debris or an indication of bad skin hygiene, but melanin (the skin’s surface pigment).
- Inflammatory acne occurs when bacteria invade the skin, causing papules or pustules (pimples). Nodules and cysts are also inflammatory lesions. Nodules are deeper skin lesions, while cysts are fluid-filled lumps.
- Acne usually presents in common areas of increased oil production such as the forehead, nose, chin, chest and upper back.
- Acne can be classified as mild, moderate or severe, depending on the amount and type of lesions.
What Are The Symptoms Of Arthritis
- The most common symptoms are pain and swelling of joints, joints getting stiff and reduced range of movements.
What Are The Symptoms Of Dandruff
The symptoms of dandruff are easily recognised such as:
- Dry flaky skin on the scalp.
- Visibility of the flakes on the shoulders, eyebrows, hairline and nose.
- Itchy scalp.
- Greasy scalp.
What Are The Symptoms Of Skin care
Everybody wants to look beautiful and skin is the most important part of not only beauty but also a healthy body. Your skin shows how healthy your body is. However, skin is also the most easily affected part of the body if proper care is not taken. Some of the symptoms of poor skin are:
- Acne, chapped lips, moles, warts
- Early wrinkles
- Uneven texture, patches, dryness on the skin, blotchiness.
- Dark spots or hyperpigmentation
- Flaky/ scaly skin, rashes
What Are The Symptoms Of Flu
Symptoms of the flu start after one or two days of infection. Following are the symptoms of the flu:
- Chills are the first symptoms of flu
- Fever is also common in flu
- A runny nose, sneezing
- Fatigue, headache
- A sore throat, shortness of breath
- Irritation of the eyes or watery eyes
- Nasal congestion, cough
- Muscle aches, earache
- Vomiting and diarrhea are mostly seen in children.
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
What Are The Symptoms Of Muscle Pain
- Inflammation that causes swelling and pain.
- Tenderness when the muscle is touched or moved.
- Muscles hurt even while you rest.
- Pain may be very mild or so severe that you can’t use the muscle.
Acute bronchitis is contagious and spreads from person to person. Symptoms include:
- High-grade fever, a runny nose.
- Initial dry cough, which later changes to wet cough with mucous.
- Sneezing, watery eyes.
- Congestion in the nose.
- Head ache, a sore throat.
- Wheezing, tiredness.
- Body pain.
- Complications include high-grade fever, breathlessness, chest pain and pneumonia.
You can notice that the mucous changes in colour from white to green and then to yellow. It just means that your immune system is trying to fight off the infection.
If you suffer from GORD, you may have some of the typical symptoms. Heartburn is the commonest complaint. You may have pain after eating or during swallowing (referred to as “dysphagia”). Sometimes it may feel as though the food “gets stuck” just to the bottom of your sternum(breastbone). You make wake up with the taste of acid in the mouth (“waterbrash”), due to stomach acid reflux while lying down.
Some people may have atypical symptoms caused by GORD. Atypical symptoms may include:
- Chronic irritating cough
- Hoarse voice due to acid reflux affecting the vocal chords
- Retrosternal chest pain (pain behind the breastbone) due to spasm of the LES when swallowing food.
What Are The Symptoms Of Hives
The disease hives have many certain symptoms which can be seen and observed very easily. In this disease, symptoms keep on appearing and disappearing but chronic hives can have symptoms for months. Here are the most common ones: -
- Raised itchy bumps.
- Either red or skin coloured rashes.
- Dizziness & Wheezing.
- Swelling of the face and lips.
- Hives on reproductive organs.
What Are The Symptoms Of Pain
There are no as such symptoms of pain as pain itself is a symptom of an underlying condition.
Symptoms of chronic pain are:
- Pain that does not go away after recovery from disease or injury.
- Pain causing stiffness or discomfort.
What Are The Symptoms Of Skin rash
Symptoms may vary according to the skin condition or diseases. Some of the common symptoms of skin rashes are:
- Redness, itching
- Scaling, dryness
- Bumps and Blisters on the skin.
- Light colored patches, white patches
- Sores which spreads intensely
- Nodules, papules
- The flushed appearance of the skin
- Swelling, small or large spots on the skin.
- Unusual scars
Causes of diseases where DS GLOW FACE WASH 100GM is used
What Are The Causes Of Acne
- Causes of acne are multifactorial. There are many myths surrounding causes and home remedies.
- Genetics play the largest role (estimated in 80%) of acne cases.
- Hormones, especially increased testosterone during puberty, play the second biggest role. Androgens increase the production of sebum by the skin’s oil glands as well as an increased production of cells found in the skin’s epidermis (top layer).
- Hormonal changes during normal menstrual cycles, as well as pregnancy also play a role in women.
- The bacteria, Propionibacterium Acnes, which is usually found on the skin, is another important role player. The areas of inflamed skin surrounding comedones make it easier for bacteria to accumulate and grow.
- Although there are many myths surrounding diet in acne, there are few scientific conclusions around its actual role. Carbohydrates and milk products have shown some suggested links, but none are definitive.
- Facial hygiene is important, but plays a small role, especially in severe acne.
What Are The Causes Of Arthritis
- The cause behind arthritis depends on the type of arthritis. The causes may range from injury, genetic factors, infections, misdirected immune system with autoimmunity. Though more common among adults, but people of any age can suffer from Arthritis.
What Are The Causes Of Dandruff
There are various causes of dandruff like:
- Dry skin: People with dry skin are prone to dandruff. Dandruff occurs due to dry skin mostly in winters. These flakes are often small and itchy but not oily.
- Not Brushing the hair regularly: People who do not brush or comb their hair regularly tend to have more dandruff, as brushing can help in the shedding of the dead skin cells from the scalp.
- Not shampooing when required: When one does not shampoo their hair properly and regularly, the oil and dead skin cells keep on accumulating that results in dandruff.
- Reaction due to certain hair care products: Some people are allergic to certain hair care products which might cause an adverse reaction resulting in dandruff.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: Seborrheic dermatitis is one of the most common causes of dandruff. In this condition greasy, the red scalp is covered with white and yellow flaky scales.
What Are The Causes Of Skin care
Skin problems are mostly symptoms of the problem within the body. Some of the causes of poor skin health are:
- Drinking less water (leading to dehydrated body)
- Poor diet, eating too much of junk food
- Too much of sun exposure, smoking, drinking alcohol
- Stress, less physical rest
- Pollution, not washing your face frequently
- Using too much of make-up, using poor quality of makeup products, not removing makeup before sleeping
- Any skin disease, any problem like imbalance of hormones
What Are The Causes Of Flu
Flu is a highly infectious contagious disease caused by the virus. There are 3 types of viruses which causes flu.
There are 3 types of Influenza virus affecting the people. These are:
- TYPE A: This is Influenza A virus for which wild aquatic birds are the natural hosts. Type A virus is more common among humans as compared to other 2 types and causes severe disease.
This type can be divided into different serotypes. This includes H1N1, H2N2, H3N2, H5N1, H7N7, H1N2, H9N2, H7N2, H7N3, H10N7, and H7N9. This causes annual outbreaks.
- TYPE B: This is influenza B virus and affects humans less commonly then Type A. This causes outbreaks every 3 to five years and in winter season commonly.
- TYPE C: This is influenza C virus and affects humans less commonly than other 2 other types. This shows milder symptoms that too in children.
Flu can spread in three ways:
- Direct contact where infected person sneezes out directly into the eyes, nose or mouth of another person.
- An airborne route in which aerosols produced by the infected person by coughing or sneezing in the air are inhaled by another person.
- Hand to other body parts such hand to eye, hand to nose, hand to ear, hand to mouth etc. This can also spread by direct handshake also.
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
What Are The Causes Of Muscle Pain
Some causes of muscle pain include:
- Tension, stress, physical activity
- Overuse of muscle while doing some physical activity
- Injuring the muscle while exercising or some physical activity
- Infections such as flu, bacterial infections, and polio
- Medications and drugs such as ACE inhibitors, statins, and cocaine
- Fibromyalgia, autoimmune disorders such as polymyositis, dermatomyositis, lupus, etc.
- Hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
- Lyme disease, hormonal changes
- Hypokalemia (low potassium levels)
Acute bronchitis occurs more frequently in children and elderly people. However, all age groups are at risk of getting this disease.
- The main cause of this infection is a respiratory virus. Around 10% of cases are caused by a bacterial infection. Other factors which might increase the risk of an infection are:
- It is more common in the winter months.
- Repeated exposure to other persons with bronchitis or the common cold.
- People with a previous condition of upper respiratory tract infection may also get acute bronchitis.
- Exposure to dust, pollutants, chemical fumes, etc.
- Inhaling cigarette smoke.
- Failure to take vaccinations against diseases like whooping cough, pneumonia, and flu.
- Weakened immunity system makes it easy for viruses to cause infections.
GORD is most often caused by a lowered tone in the lower oesophageal sphincter (LES)
Factors/Causes that affect the functioning of the LES:
- Hiatus hernias
- Raised intra-abdominal pressure due to pregnancy, intra-abdominal masses, obesity or being overweight
- Pregnancy: Progesterone lowers the tone of the oesophageal sphincter, as well as the combination of increased abdominal pressure
Factors that reduce the tone of the LES:
- Delayed emptying of the stomach called gastroparesis will also contribute to GORD. This may occur in patients with diabetes or other abnormalities of digestion.
Medications that can contribute to the development of GORD:
- NSAIDS (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories)
- Blood pressure treatments such as calcium channel blockers(CCB)
What Are The Causes Of Hives
Hives occur when the body reacts to an allergen and this releases some chemicals from under the skin. The chemical causes inflammation and burning sensation causing hives.
Common causes of this disease are: -
- Intestinal Parasites
- Extreme temperature and cold
- Transmission from pets
- Water on the skin
- Blood Transfusion
- Insect bites and stings
- Factors like exercise and sun exposure
- Certain medications
What Are The Causes Of Pain
Pain can be caused due to several known or unknown conditions. These include:
- Illness, injury, surgery
- Trauma, stress
- Wrong sitting or sleeping postures
- Chronic diseases
What Are The Causes Of Skin rash
Some of the common causes are listed below:
- Fungal infection
- Bacterial infection
- Food allergy’
- Exposure to allergens such as dust, pollen, pests, and chemicals
- Eczema or acne
- Poor hygiene
- Reaction to injections or vaccinations
- Exposure to heat or sun
- Skin diseases such as measles, chickenpox, dermatitis, psoriasis, Erythema, ringworm disease, syphilis, scabies, melanoma etc.
Worst Foods With DS GLOW FACE WASH 100GM
What Are The Worst Foods For Acne
- Avoid foods with a high-glycaemia component (simple sugars/carbohydrates)
- White rice, Rice cakes, Potatoes, Puffed cereals, White Bread, Pasta, Sugar in any form- Honey, and fructose (bananas, mangoes, apricots, pineapples)
- Some studies have linked dairy to acne, although the response is based on the individual
- If you have excluded both carbohydrates and dairy from your diet, and you still struggle with acne, it is advised to consult your doctor for treatment
- If you are already on treatment for acne, eliminating these foods may be complementary.
What Are The Worst Foods For Arthritis
- Avoid nightshade vegetables: Nightshade vegetables are like: tomatoes, white potatoes, eggplant, okra, peppers, tomatillos etc. The chemical solanine present in these leads to pain.
- Fried and Processed foods: Reducing these foods can decrease the inflammation at joints and can help regain body’s natural defence.
- Advanced glycation end product (toxin present in the heated, grilled, fried or pasteurized food). These result in inflammation.
- Sugars and Refined carbs increase the Advanced Glycation End product that worsens arthritis
- Alcohol and Tobacco: Alcohol increases the risk of gout and smoking leads to rheumatoid arthritis
- Salt & Preservatives: These lead to the inflammation of joints.
What Are The Worst Foods For Dandruff
Certain foods to avoid for keeping the scalp dandruff free:
- Saturated fats rich foods: Excess of saturated fat can result in excessive sebum formation that leads to dandruff.
- Tea and coffee: Beverages like tea and coffee results in loss of hydration by an increase in urination and perspiration which results in dryness of skin and scalp. Dryness further results in flake formation on the scalp.
- Sugar: Excessive intake of sugar may lead to increased insulin level that affects certain hormones, which trigger the oil formation on the scalp. Oil formed on the scalp may promote dandruff flakes.
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin care
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Fast food, junk food.
- Cow’s milk (Sometimes cow’s milk is taken from pregnant cows. It has increased levels of hormones, which in turn can cause acne).
What Are The Worst Foods For Flu
- Sugary foods: Foods rich in sugar should be avoided as these increase the congestion and make the environment conducive for the virus to grow. Sugary foods prevent the body from fighting the infection.
- Fatty, fries and fast foods: These foods are rich in carbohydrates, salt, and spices which prolong the disease by irritating the throat.
- Dairy products: Milk and its products should be avoided as it can increase the mucus in lungs and sinuses. These can worsen the symptoms by creating the favorable conditions for the virus to live and stay longer.
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol increases the inflammation and delays the recovery process. Alcohol also causes dehydration of the body.
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
What Are The Worst Foods For Muscle Pain
- Avoid soda and sugary beverages as they boost mineral loss and makes muscle pains worse.
- Sugar and sugary foods eliminate important minerals and calcium from the body causing the muscle pain to worsen. So, avoid refined sugar and sugary foods such as candy, cakes, pastries, colas, fruit juice, etc.
- Avoid alcohol as it causes dehydration and worsens muscle pain.
- Avoid packaged foods such as noodles, ready to eat foods, etc. as they are deficient in vitamins and minerals that are necessary for muscle hydration and proper functioning of the muscles.
- Avoid consuming caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, energy drinks, etc. as they lead to dehydration and worsen muscle pain.
- Reduce the intake of milk as it tends to increase mucous production.
- Avoid fried food, sugary food and food made from refined flour. Do not eat candies, pastries, fries, ice cream, etc. They contain a lot of sugar and synthetic vitamins, which add little or no value to the body’s nutritional requirement.
- Avoid alcohol as well as caffeinated beverages. They dehydrate the body and make the mucous hard. This makes it difficult to remove from the body.
- Carbonated drinks (CO lowers tone of LES)
- Spicy foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Hives
| Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Observe if any of the following foods flare up the symptoms. If yes, avoid them completely. Some of them are: - |
- Dried Food: The dried food contains chemicals that can react so individual should eliminate this type of food completely from his/her diet. The dried food includes raisins, apricots, and dried apples.
- Citrus foods: Avoid all the sour products as it surely will make you suffer more. Citrus food stimulates the histamine quantity in the body. This food includes oranges, lemon, pickles, and tomatoes as well.
- Dairy Products: When any individual is suffering from skin rashes then, he/she should completely avoid all the dairy products. This includes milk, cheese, cream, and butter.
- Seafood and Eggs: These both are high in histamines and this will surely enhance your skin itching issue. Thus, try to avoid them for some days.
What Are The Worst Foods For Pain
- Sugar: Avoid sugar and foods containing sugars such as chocolates, beverages, cakes, biscuits, cookies, candies, soft drinks etc. These increase the inflammation causing pain.
- Processed and refined foods: These foods contain lots of spices and calories. These tend to increase the weight and provide fewer nutrients. They also trigger inflammation and lead to pain.
- Saturated fats: Foods which contains saturated fats should be avoided as these contain a high amount of cholesterol which triggers the pain.
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin rash
- Refined carbohydrates: Refines carbs increase the production of oil in the skin and block the pores. Refines carbs increase the glucose level of the body leading to the increased production of sebum oil. These interfere with the healing process.
- Dairy products: These should be avoided as these are pro-inflammatory products and can worsen the rashes. These contain lactose which may cause sensitivity leading to rashes.
- Processed and refined food: These foods are rich in omega-6 fatty acids which increase the inflammation of the skin. These should be avoided.
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol and its products should be avoided as these increase the sugar levels of the body and cause dehydration. This dehydration removes the moisture from the skin. Alcohol causes the depletion of collagen leading to premature aging. It increases the risk of rashes.
Do's With Usage of DS GLOW FACE WASH 100GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acne
- Consult your doctor sooner rather than later. Early treatment is important, especially for moderate to severe acne, to prevent scarring
- Sunlight has some anti-inflammatory effects. Moderate sunlight exposure may help curb the inflammation, but be sure to use a non-comedogenic sunscreen
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Arthritis
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
- Maintain weight
- Regular Exercise
- Massaging painful joints and muscles
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Dandruff
- Choose right hair care products like shampoo conditioner and oil. In case the problem persists, then go for medicated shampoo.
- Shampoo and condition your hair regularly and properly. Make sure all the product is out of the hair after rinsing.
- Brush your hair regularly.
- Try out home remedies like apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, coconut oil, baking soda, olive oil and tea tree oil.
- Keep your body well hydrated.
- Choose a healthy diet that is rich in protein instead of junk food.
- If the problem persists then refer to a good dermatologist.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin care
- Drink lots of water.
- Whether you have acne or not, keep your face clean. Cleanse at least twice a day.
- Use natural cleansers to clean your face.
- Exercise and relax.
- Use only good quality skin care products.
- Find out the exact cause of your skin problem as skin problems can be caused due to hormonal changes, taking contraceptive pills, stress, smoking, over exposure to sun etc. Identify the root cause and make your treatment plan accordingly.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Flu
- Adopt good hygiene habits: Frequent washing of hands, not touching your eyes, nose or your mouth with hands are some of the good habits which one should adopt to minimize the risk of infection.
- Covering your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing will prevent the infection from spreading into the air.
- Use of face masks will help in preventing the transmission of infections.
- Maintain distance from the infected person as flu is contagious.
- Staying hydrated is recommended for sick patients.
- Plenty of rest should be taken by sick patients
- Get vaccination for influenza to increase the immunity.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Muscle Pain
- Rest the muscle where you are experiencing pain.
- Apply ice or a bag of frozen peas to the affected area. This can help to reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Stretch the muscles gently.
- Always stretch before and after workouts.
- Relieve the tension by doing yoga or meditation.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids and stay hydrated when you are active.
- Exercise regularly to improve the muscle tone.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- If you are suffering from acute bronchitis, do use a tissue to cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing. This will help in preventing your co-workers or friends from contracting this infection.
- If you are working in factories, do use a mask to avoid inhaling dust and smoke.
- Do wash your hands frequently, especially in the flu season, to get rid of any virus or germs that you might have picked up.
- Use humidifiers if you think there is an increase in humidity in the room.
- Inhale steam three to four times a day so that the mucous gets liquefied. It will clear congestion.
- Do take vaccination for flu every year.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do take rest.
- Avoid large meals. Eat small regular meals during the day
- Restrict fluid intake 3 hours before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed or sleep on 2-3 pillows to help prevent reflux that occurs more easily when lying down
- Lose weight if you are overweight
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hives
Here are the some of the most recommended tips that one should follow if he/she is suffering from the disease Hives.
- Visit a doctor as soon as you observe symptoms.
- Identify and avoid all the triggering factors.
- Apply moisturiser and soothing agents like petroleum jelly.
- Use mild soap for bathing.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Pain
- Relax your mind and body.
- Take a deep breath. Hold your breath for 2-3 minutes and then release.
- Focus your attention on another part of the body which is not paining.
- Think positively by focusing your attention towards pleasant places or things.
- If the pain persists for longer than consult with the doctor.
- Try to sleep for a while.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin rash
- Protect the affected area from direct exposure to the sun.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Use gentle and non-perfumed cleansers.
- Protect skin while going out.
- Stay in a clean and hygienic place.
Dont's With Usage Of DS GLOW FACE WASH 100GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acne
- Skin moisture balance is essential. Do not over dry your skin with cleaning products. Over drying will cause the skin to produce more sebum, creating a vicious circle.
- Do not use facial scrubs too often, as the exfoliation may worsen the skin’s irritation
- Although it can be very tempting, do not "squeeze" the acne as it causes a spread of bacteria, that can lead to more acne, and may result in scarring.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Arthritis
- Don’t wear flip-flops or uncomfortable footwear.
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Dandruff
- Don’t scratch your scalp. Scratching the scalp can cause inflammation and more damage to the scalp.
- Don’t leave your hair wet. When you go out with wet hair, there are chances of accumulation of sweat in hair, causing dandruff formation.
- Do not keep the oil for long in hair.
- Do not use hair styling products much.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin care
- Use make-up sparingly.
- Avoid using fragrances, pomades, or gels on your hair. If they get on your face, they can block your skin's pores and irritate your skin.
- Avoid touching your skin part which has acne, rashes. It can spread the bacteria, and also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
- Do not sleep with make-up on.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Flu
Don’t do following things if you are suffering from flu -
- Don’t spit in public places as this can spread the infection
- Don’t share anything with the infected person as you may also get infected.
- Don’t consume alcohol as it can cause dehydration.
- Don’t go outside during peak days of flu as the risk of spreading of infection is high.
- Don’t take bath with cold water to reduce the fever as it can worsen the condition.
- Don’t go for self-medication. Consult your doctor first.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Muscle Pain
- Avoid any high-impact activities till the muscle pain reduces.
- Avoid lifting any weights till the pain goes away.
- Avoid sitting idle for long periods as it can lead to muscle stiffness.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid being around people who smoke. Passive smoking also causes bronchitis.
- Avoid going out in damp weather.
- If you have acute bronchitis, be considerate of others by not going out in public places, parks and malls.
- Don’t lie down immediately after eating.
- Don’t consume large meals high and fat and protein that takes longer to digest and delay stomach emptying.
- Don’t stay away from foods that lower the LES tone (see below).
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hives
| Experts have given some tips regarding the management of the healthy skin and thus they recommend avoiding some things. So, here are some best tips: - |
- Don’t use any cream or lotion without prescription.
- Don’t wear tight clothes.
- Don’t use and rely on hotel linens and soaps.
- Don’t experiment new products.
- Don’t eat spicy cuisines.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Pain
- Don’t take any type of painkiller on your own. It may provide temporary relief but may not cure the disease.
- Don’t neglect the chronic pain. It can be the symptom of chronic disease also.
- Don’t take the stress. It can increase the pain.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin rash
- Never scratch or pick the rashes.
- Don’t cover the affected area all the time. Keep them open and allow the skin to breathe.
- Never use harsh cosmetics or soaps on rashes as they may worsen the skin condition.
- Avoid wearing rough clothing.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfDS GLOW FACE WASH 100GM
What Are The Tips For Acne
- Zinc and Omega 3 supplementation can be added to maintain normal skin function. Increase water intake (2 liters per day) to help your body detoxify.
- Natural oils, such as tea tree oil, applied topically oil has shown some benefit in mild acne. It is always best to consult your physician first before using any complementary products, as it may interfere with other medications that you are on.
What Are The Tips For Arthritis
- Therapies like acupuncture and aromatherapy can help.
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.
What Are The Tips For Dandruff
Dandruff is not a threatening skin condition, but it should not be ignored if it is persistent, flakes are big and cause irritation on the scalp. In such cases, one should always consult a good dermatologist.
What Are The Tips For Skin care
- Exfoliate your face with scrub made for face.
- De-germ your cell phone.
What Are The Tips For Flu
The best way to treat flu is to take plenty of fluids and lot of rest. One can try some home remedies also to prevent or manage flu.
- Home remedies are very cost effective and safe. Below are some home remedies to treat flu:
- Ginger: Ginger is the best remedy for flu. Boil some ginger in water or drink ginger tea. This will soothe your throat and helps relieve the congestion.
- Honey: The antimicrobial and antibacterial action of honey helps to fight the infection and relieve a cough.
- Garlic: The presence of allicin in garlic acts as an antimicrobial agent which helps to fight the symptoms of flu.
- Steam: Taking steam is the good option to cure flu. This helps to relieve the congestion. Taking steam for about 15 minutes will help in soothing the throat and sinuses.
- Lemon: It has wide varieties of properties such anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral which works to fight the virus and flu symptoms. Lemon tea, honey and lemon tea, lemon juice can be consumed during flu.
- Exercise and yoga: Doing exercise and practicing yoga when you are not infected with flu will boost your immunity and will prevent the further attack of the virus.
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include:
- Remaining in one position for a long time or sitting at your desk working for prolonged periods can make your muscles get stiff and tense. And, when the muscles get tensed, they can get quite painful. So, it is a good idea to stand up, stretch and move around once in a while to reduce muscle stiffness and pain.
- Filling your bathtub with hot water and mixing a cup of Epsom salt and soaking in this for at least 20 minutes can provide relief from muscle pain.
- Essential oils are an excellent natural remedy for relief from muscle pain. You can mix peppermint oil, coconut oil, and cypress oil and massage them on your sore muscles for relief.
- A hot water soak provides quick relaxation and relief from pain as it helps to increase the blood flow and hasten the process of healing. However, you must not do this within as soon as the pain first begins.
- A good massage can help to improve the blood circulation in the affected areas and can help to quicken the healing process. Massaging the affected muscles with essential oils such as peppermint mixed with marjoram, and lemongrass can help to relieve the pain and muscle spasm.
- Turmeric has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Mixing a teaspoon of turmeric powder in warm milk and drinking this twice in a day can help to promote internal healing and also provide relief from muscle pain.
- Grate some fresh turmeric and mix it with some salt and lemon juice. Apply this to the affected muscles for around 30 minutes twice a day. This can help in providing relief from muscle pain.
- Eating a cupful of tart cherries can help to prevent any inflammation and muscle pain, especially post a workout. You can also drink a cupful of tart cherry juice without any added sugar for relief from pain.
- Ginger is an anti-inflammatory agent and helps to improve blood flow and circulation and helps to relieve muscle pain. Drinking 2-3 cups of ginger tea daily for relief from muscle pain. Alternatively, put 3-4 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger into a cloth bag and seal it tightly and put this into hot water for 1-2 minutes. When it cools slightly, place this on the sore muscles many times during the day for relief from pain.
- Apple cider vinegar can help to reduce muscle inflammation and pain, as it has anti-inflammatory properties. You can add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with some honey to a glass of warm water and drink it once in a day for a week for relief from muscle pain. Or, you can add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to warm bath water and soak for around 15 minutes for relief from pain in the muscle.
- Blackstrap molasses is rich in magnesium and is used as a natural remedy for muscle aches and pains. Consume a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in your mug of coffee every morning for relief from painful muscles.
- Coconut oil is a great remedy for muscle pains. Use around 2-3 tablespoons in cooking for benefits.
The most important advice is to quit smoking. Secondly, proper hygiene and sanitation are very important to prevent infections. Add to this, an active lifestyle with a balanced diet plays a great role in staying fit and healthy.
If you have been suffering from heartburn for a long time, and been treating yourself at home, it is advisable to go to a doctor for a gastroscopy to rule out damage to your oesophagus as this can predispose you to develop cancer.
What Are The Tips For Hives
Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Manage the emotions if you are suffering from stress hives.
- Take medicines on time and have a regular check-up.
What Are The Tips For Pain
Pain can be managed by medications and modification in living standards. Changes in lifestyle prevent us from getting a disease in the future as well. Below are some tips to manage pain:
- Manage weight as unhealthy weight increases the risk of getting various types of body pains.
- Exercise regularly to stay fit.
- Eat healthy diet
- Take adequate sleep and stress
- Forget stress
- Meditate and relax your body whenever you feel pain.
Ayurvedic tips to manage pain:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is found to reduce pain since ages. Add a small amount of turmeric to your diet daily. It will help to reduce the inflammation causing pain.
- Ginger: Ginger is also a good anti-inflammatory agent. This is one of the best herbs which can be added to your daily meals to reduce pain.
- Aromatherapy: It helps to relieve the stress causing pain. Essential oils used in aromatherapy act as painkillers.
- Massage therapy: Massage helps to relax the body. It helps to increase the circulation and removes body stiffness.
What Are The Tips For Skin rash
Skin rashes can be managed by changing eating habits and living standards also. Here are some tips to manage your skin rashes:
- Drink plenty of water. Water is the natural remedy for many types of skin rashes. Water rehydrates the skin and heals the rashes.
- Always use gentle soaps and cleansers to clean the skin. This will prevent the rashes from worsening.
Use natural remedies to heal rashes such as:
- Aloe Vera: It helps in soothing the skin and has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and emollient properties.
- Cold compress: This technique helps to reduce rashes which occur due to heat, shingles or insect bites. It helps in reducing swelling and inflammation.
- Baking soda: Application of baking soda helps to reduce the inflammation and itching of the skin.
- Olive oil: It contains Vitamin E and is rich in antioxidants which help in reducing the itching and soothes the skin. It can be used along with honey to heal the rashes.
- Neem: This is one of the oldest methods to treat skin rashes. Neem, due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties, is used to treat various types of skin rashes. Various Neem formulations are available in the market which treat almost every type of skin problem.