DUOVA INHALER WITH DOSE COUNTER has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of DUOVA INHALER WITH DOSE COUNTER
It is used in the treatment of COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) including chronic bronchitis and emphysema
It helps in prevention of wheezing, Coughing shortness of breath and chest tightness in COPD patients.
It acts by relaxing and opening the air passages to the lungs by making breathing easier.
Side Effects Of DUOVA INHALER WITH DOSE COUNTER
Side Effects Of Salt: Tiotropium
Some of the common side-effects include:
Dry mouth, throat irritation.
Overdose of tiotropium may cause following side effects such as:
- Difficulty in urination
- Stomach pain constipation
- Irregular heartbeat red eyes
- Worsening of breathing trouble
Contraindications Of DUOVA INHALER WITH DOSE COUNTER
Contraindications Of Salt: Tiotropium
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- prostatic hyperplasia
- Bladder neck obstruction
- Prostatic hyperplasia
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Renal impairment
Acute bronchitis often referred to as chest cold, is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
Bronchial tubes are the airways which carry oxygen from the trachea (windpipe) to the lungs and carbon dioxide back from the lungs to the windpipe. When the bronchial tubes get infected by virus or bacteria, the swell and produce mucus. This mucous causes a cough in the infected person.
Bronchitis can be acute or chronic.
In acute bronchitis, the patient is sick for week and symptoms last for 1-2 weeks. It comes quickly and is usually self-limiting.
In chronic bronchitis, the patient has recurrent episodes of a cough and can last for a long time. A cough is accompanied with mucus for almost up to three months in a year, and it may take around two years to recover fully.
Symptoms Treated With DUOVA INHALER WITH DOSE COUNTER
Acute bronchitis is contagious and spreads from person to person. Symptoms include:
- High-grade fever, a runny nose.
- Initial dry cough, which later changes to wet cough with mucous.
- Sneezing, watery eyes.
- Congestion in the nose.
- Head ache, a sore throat.
- Wheezing, tiredness.
- Body pain.
- Complications include high-grade fever, breathlessness, chest pain and pneumonia.
You can notice that the mucous changes in colour from white to green and then to yellow. It just means that your immune system is trying to fight off the infection.
Causes of diseases where DUOVA INHALER WITH DOSE COUNTER is used
Acute bronchitis occurs more frequently in children and elderly people. However, all age groups are at risk of getting this disease.
- The main cause of this infection is a respiratory virus. Around 10% of cases are caused by a bacterial infection. Other factors which might increase the risk of an infection are:
- It is more common in the winter months.
- Repeated exposure to other persons with bronchitis or the common cold.
- People with a previous condition of upper respiratory tract infection may also get acute bronchitis.
- Exposure to dust, pollutants, chemical fumes, etc.
- Inhaling cigarette smoke.
- Failure to take vaccinations against diseases like whooping cough, pneumonia, and flu.
- Weakened immunity system makes it easy for viruses to cause infections.
Worst Foods With DUOVA INHALER WITH DOSE COUNTER
- Reduce the intake of milk as it tends to increase mucous production.
- Avoid fried food, sugary food and food made from refined flour. Do not eat candies, pastries, fries, ice cream, etc. They contain a lot of sugar and synthetic vitamins, which add little or no value to the body’s nutritional requirement.
- Avoid alcohol as well as caffeinated beverages. They dehydrate the body and make the mucous hard. This makes it difficult to remove from the body.
Do's With Usage of DUOVA INHALER WITH DOSE COUNTER
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- If you are suffering from acute bronchitis, do use a tissue to cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing. This will help in preventing your co-workers or friends from contracting this infection.
- If you are working in factories, do use a mask to avoid inhaling dust and smoke.
- Do wash your hands frequently, especially in the flu season, to get rid of any virus or germs that you might have picked up.
- Use humidifiers if you think there is an increase in humidity in the room.
- Inhale steam three to four times a day so that the mucous gets liquefied. It will clear congestion.
- Do take vaccination for flu every year.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do take rest.
Dont's With Usage Of DUOVA INHALER WITH DOSE COUNTER
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid being around people who smoke. Passive smoking also causes bronchitis.
- Avoid going out in damp weather.
- If you have acute bronchitis, be considerate of others by not going out in public places, parks and malls.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfDUOVA INHALER WITH DOSE COUNTER
The most important advice is to quit smoking. Secondly, proper hygiene and sanitation are very important to prevent infections. Add to this, an active lifestyle with a balanced diet plays a great role in staying fit and healthy.