EBERNET M CREAM 10GM has the following salts in its composition
1) Eberconazole 2) Mometasone Topical
Uses Of EBERNET M CREAM 10GM
Eberconazole is an anti-fungal drug, used for treatment of:
It is mostly used in topical treatment.
Mometasone Topical is used for treating skin conditions like Eczema, allergies, Psoriasis, and rashes. It decreases inflammation, Itching, and redness.
Side Effects Of EBERNET M CREAM 10GM
Eberconazole is generally well tolerated. Some mild side-effects could be experience when first applied:
- Irritation on skin, rash
- Coldness on skin
Allergic skin rash, Irritation, mild burning may occur when used for the first time. If the symptoms persist, pl. consult your doctor
Contraindications Of EBERNET M CREAM 10GM
Contraindications Of Salt: Eberconazole
Candidiasis is an infection produced by overgrowth of a type of yeast called Candida. Usually, several types of bacteria and fungi live and grow on the human skin, mouth, and belly, and are not harmful. However, these fungi are potentially hazardous, which grow and start multiplying uncontrollably and cause infections on skin and membranes. It usually results in red, itchy rashes commonly in the folds of the skin including armpits, groin, under the breasts and between the fingers. Based on the location of infection, candidiasis is classified as:
- Thrush: The infection due to candida yeast in the mouth and throat is called thrush or oropharyngeal candidiasis. People with a weak immune system, newborns and Geriatrics are prone to this. Also, adults who are under chemotherapy, wear dentures or have diabetes are more susceptible to the infection.
- Genital Candidiasis: This is very common in women and occurs when the pH balance changes in the vagina. This change in pH balance can be accounted to pregnancy, diabetes, use of lubricants or some medicines. Rarely, in men, the infection occurs and forms itchy rashes on the penis.
- Invasive Candidiasis: Candida yeast might invade the heart, blood, eyes, bones, and brain by entering the bloodstream through infected medical equipment.
A fungus is a group of organisms that make spores. Fungi live mostly everywhere and usually don’t cause infections or skin growths. But, you may occasionally get fungal growths on your skin, like ringworm, jock itch, or vaginal yeast infection, athlete's foot.
Eczema also called atopic dermatitis, is a set of skin conditions that cause the skin inflammation and irritation.
It commonly appears on face, wrists, hands, knees or feet. It may also affect other areas.
Eczema is not contagious; hence there is no risk of it getting spread from one person to another.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
Symptoms Treated With EBERNET M CREAM 10GM
What Are The Symptoms Of Candidiasis
The most common symptoms of candidiasis might include:
- Redness of skin.
- Intense itching.
- Blisters and pustules.
- Sores due to infection.
- These symptoms might resemble those of ringworm, hives, eczema, psoriasis, herpes or dermatitis and thus proper identification and treatment are essential.
- Darkening of skin, redness
- Rashes or small bump
What Are The Symptoms Of Eczema
Eczema, irrespective of the part of body affected, has following symptoms:
- Dark, thick and patchy skin
- Cracked and rough skin
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
Causes of diseases where EBERNET M CREAM 10GM is used
What Are The Causes Of Candidiasis
The infection due to candida yeast occurs on an uncontrollable growth of the yeast. Some of the most cited causes of candidiasis include:
- Poor hygiene.
- Warm weather.
- Tight clothing.
- Infrequent undergarment changes.
- Excess use of wide-spectrum antibiotics.
- Weakening of the immune system due to the use of corticosteroids.
- Improper drying of wet skin.
- Weakened immune system
- Certain medications like antibiotics
- Keeping skin wet for long
- Swimming in infected water
- Using contaminated items like towel, clothes
What Are The Causes Of Eczema
Exact causes of eczema are still unknown, but it is often triggered by an overactive response by body’s immune system to an irritant. People who have the family history of certain allergies or asthma are more at risk of developing eczema.
Certain foods like nuts or dairy products can also trigger eczema. Environmental factors or pollens also trigger eczema in some patients.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
Worst Foods With EBERNET M CREAM 10GM
What Are The Worst Foods For Candidiasis
These are some of the foods that are to be avoided to combat candidiasis:
- Sugar: The candida yeast feeds on sugar and multiplies in the body. Thus, it is important to cut-off all the obvious and hidden sources of high sugar content.
- Wine and Beer: Along with being fermented products, these contain sugar and gluten which might worsen the infection. These also suppress the immune system to cause further infection.
- Dried fruits: With the loss of the water, the sugar content is more concentrated in dried fruits and is better to avoid them.
- Legumes: These are starchy foods upon which the yeast feed and the compound called agglutinin in legumes worsens inflammation.
- Mushrooms: These are fungi and can have an adverse reaction with candida yeast to result in an inflammation. These might also interfere in the pursuit of treatment of candidiasis.
- Glutinous grains: Barley, rye, and wheat contain high amounts of gluten which is a triggering factor for infection.
- Poor eating habits lead to the poor immune system, which in turn leads to the risk of catching the fungal infection. You should avoid:
- Eating stale food, bacteria laden water.
- Too much use of anti-biotics, as weakens the immune system.
- High amounts of processed foods (especially sugar).
- Foods with high glycemic acid (white bread, most white rice, high sugar breakfast cereals).
- Dairy products except for probiotic yoghurt.
- Nuts and seeds like Cashews and pistachios which have the high content of carbohydrates.
- Smoked meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eczema
Following foods may not cause allergies, but can trigger inflammation. Hence, if you have eczema, you should limit your intake of:
- Soy, Soy sauce, pickles, spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods containing preservatives or having artificial ingredients. Foods in this category are fast foods, junk foods, trans fats, margarine etc.
- Oranges, tomato, grapes and grape products like wine, grape juice etc. Grapes are rich in MSG, which worsens eczema.
- Kiwi fruit, a strongly acidifying food.
- Avocado, good food to have in the diet when you don’t have eczema. But those who have eczema should avoid it as it worsens the disease.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
Do's With Usage of EBERNET M CREAM 10GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Candidiasis
Some of the important tips to combat candidiasis include:
- Change undergarments regularly.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes.
- Clean the affected areas with gentle soap or body-cleansers.
- Keep track of blood sugar levels as high levels of glucose in blood favors the growth of the yeast.
- Change diapers in babies regularly as it provides an ideal environment for the candida yeast to grow.
- Change the damp swimsuits or gym clothes quickly.
- Change your socks on regular basis.
- Take showers instead of baths in the case of genital candidiasis to avoid further infection.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Fungal infection
- Keep your skin dry as wet skin often can cause fungal infection. People who sweat more are more likely to get the fungal infection. So, wipe your body dry frequently if you perspire heavily.
- Wash all towels/ clothes in warm soapy water
- Keep you bath tub dry and disinfected. Clean it especially after every bath.
- Take vitamins and probiotics to improve your immune system.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eczema
- Moisture your skin frequently.
- Keep sweat to the minimum to avoid flare ups.
- Identify your eczema triggers and avoid them.
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid hot water baths and it can lead to flare ups. Take room temperature baths.
- If you need to do a work, which requires affected parts to get wet, try some protection (e.g. gloves on hands if you have eczema on hands)
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
Dont's With Usage Of EBERNET M CREAM 10GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Candidiasis
Here are some of the points to be avoided for the effective management of candidiasis:
- Avoid intimate contact with the infected person as the disease might be contagious for people possessing weak immune system.
- Avoid wearing tight undergarments.
- Avoid sex until the symptoms of infection are gone as there are chances of transmission of infection.
- Avoid scented soaps or cleansers to clean the affected areas, especially the genitals.
- Avoid douching unless prescribed by the physician.
- Avoid dyed toilet papers as it might trigger the infection.
- Avoid excess use of oral contraceptives as these have a risk of causing pH imbalance in the body.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Fungal infection
Since fungal infections are contagious, you should take special care of the following:
- Avoid scratching the infected area
- Do not share infected person’s clothes, towel or comb.
- Sometimes, water in swimming pools also may also cause fungal infection. Check if you experience continuous itching or rashes after swimming.
- Avoid works which require long term exposure to water like washing clothes, cleaning utensils etc., if you have the fungal infection in your hands.
- Avoid taking too much of anti-biotics, immune suppressants and steroids, as they cause increased risk of getting fungal infections.
- If you have the fungal infection in your feet, do not wear close shoes. Use flip flops instead.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eczema
- Don’t scratch the itchy skin.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid tight clothes.
- Avoid synthetic clothes.
- Avoid stress as it can increase the irritation.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfEBERNET M CREAM 10GM
- Maintaining proper hygiene with regular shower is important to keep away the infection.
- Clean and comfortable clothes are important in the management of candidiasis, preferably of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Drinking cold water helps in having a cooler environment in the body.
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.