ENSURE FOS VANILLA 1 KG has the following salts in its composition
1) MALTODEXTRIN 2) SODIUM 3) Calcium CASEINATES 4) Sucrose 5) EDIBLE VEGETABLES OIL 6) SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE 7) FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES 8) Minerals 9) FLAVOURING VitaminS
Uses Of ENSURE FOS VANILLA 1 KG
Maltodextrin is a food additive used in candies, potato chips and soft drinks. It is also used in beer brewing since it improves the mouth feel without increasing alcohol content. Maltodextrin is used as to thicken instant formula products. It is also used as an insecticide in horticulture fields as well as greenhouses.
Provides Instant energy,Rehydrates the body, Maintains pH level.,Good for muscle health.
It is a dietary fiber which is used as supplement sweetener to:
- Decrease cholesterol level
- Decrease blood sugar level
- Treat Constipation.
Multi minerals are the combination of many micro and macro nutrients like zinc, manganese, calcium, iron, chromium, boron, etc. the minerals are both organic and inorganic in nature. They:
- Improve general body health, Bone health, the growth of body, good transmission of nerve impulses, cardiac health, hormone balance, increases muscle strength.
- Prevent bone diseases such as Osteoporosis (or) brittle bones.
- Treat anemia, Insomnia, fatigue, cognitive malfunction, high blood pressure, cramps.
- Lower stress and anxiety.
Side Effects Of ENSURE FOS VANILLA 1 KG
An increase in blood sugar levels, allergic reactions, weight gain are the usual side effects.
Rarely consuming maltodextrin may also result in rashes, breathing difficulties, asthma and itching.
Generally, no side effects are observed if taken in appropriate quantity as prescribed by the doctor. Overdose may result in gas trouble due to indigestion.
Side Effects Of Salt: Minerals
No side effects noted.
Contraindications Of ENSURE FOS VANILLA 1 KG
Contraindications Of Salt: MALTODEXTRIN
Children, pregnant women with hypersensitivity towards Maltodextrin should avoid using substances containing maltodextrin.
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Contraindications Of Salt: Minerals
Constipation is a condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened faeces.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Dyslipidaemia or high cholesterol indicate the imbalance of fats (or lipids) in one’s blood system.
High cholesterol or dyslipidaemia, means that there is an imbalance of fats (or lipids), circulating in one’s blood stream. The body uses cholesterol (the fatty substance) to metabolize food and also make hormones.
The following three different measurements are used to determine one’s overall lipid health:
1. Low-Density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol, LDL): The higher LDL, the more is the risk of cardiovascular disease. LDL obstructs the proper blood flow into the heart and other organs by building up plaque in arteries.
2. High-Density Lipoprotein (Good cholesterol, HDL): HDL brings back the cholesterol to the liver from other parts of the body, thus removing the harmful cholesterols from your body. The higher the HDL, the better it is for the heart.
3. Triglycerides – Also referred to as fat in the blood. This type of fat is usually found in eatable animal fats and vegetable oils. High levels of Triglycerides signify the increased risk of cardiovascular disease as it also contributes to building up of a plaque in one’s arteries
Arrhythmias means the heartbeat is not in rhythm. Also called dysrhythmia, this condition is characterized by irregularity in the heartbeats. Generally, it feels like the heart is beating too fast, or too slow, or skips a beat or flutters.
When the heart does not beat in sequence or beats erratically, it fails to pump blood to the vital organs like brain, lungs and other parts of the body. This damages the organs and can cause organ failure.
Arrhythmias can generally be harmless, but if the irregularities in the heartbeats are high or due to damaged heart conditions, then arrhythmias can be dangerous or can also be fatal.
The different types of arrhythmias which can be seen in people are:
- Premature atrial contractions: These are extra heartbeats which originate in the upper chambers of the heart called atria. These contractions are harmless and generally do not require any treatment.
- Premature ventricular contractions: These are the skipped heartbeats which we generally feel and are the most common type of arrhythmias. Stress, caffeine and nicotine are believed to cause these. Sometimes premature ventricular contractions are linked to heart disease.
- Atrial fibrillation: This is the condition when both the upper chambers of the heart beat in an irregular way and are not in synchronisation with the lower chambers.
- Atrial flutter: It happens in people with heart disease, mostly few days after surgery.
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia: Rapid heart rate which starts and ends suddenly.
- Accessory pathway tachycardias: A rapid heart rate due to an extra path between the atria (upper chambers) and the ventricles (lower chambers) of the heart. The impulses travel through the normal route as well as the extra pathway causing the heartbeats to travel unusually fast within the heart, thereby causing a very fast heart rate.
- AV nodal reentrant tachycardia: This is also another type of rapid heartbeat. It is caused by an extra pathway in the AV node of the heart. The patient suffers from palpitations, fainting or even heart failure.
- Ventricular tachycardia: A very fast heart rhythm originating from the lower chambers (ventricles) of the heart.
- Ventricular fibrillation: This is a serious problem and an emergency. It is caused because of the ventricles quiver and fails to pump blood to the different parts of the body.
- Bradyarrhythmias: Due to a problem in the heart’s electrical system, the heart rate becomes slow.
- Sinus node dysfunction: This is also a slow heart beat problem caused by problems in the sinus node of the heart.
- Long QT syndrome: Disorder in the heart’s rhythm characterized by fast and uncoordinated heart beats. This is a potentially dangerous condition.
- Heart block: In this condition, there can be a delay or entire blockage of the electrical impulse when it travels from the sinus node of the heart to the lower chambers. As a result, the heartbeat becomes irregular or may become slow.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is also known as degenerative joint disease, degenerative arthritis is a chronic condition that can harm any join. However, the most likely affected parts are knees, hips, lower back, and neck, small joints of the fingers, thumb and the big toes’ base.
Symptoms Treated With ENSURE FOS VANILLA 1 KG
What Are The Symptoms Of Constipation
- Passing 3 or fewer stools in a week.
- Hard, lumpy stools.
- Difficulty in bowel movements.
- Feeling of blockage in the rectum.
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
Usually, high cholesterol doesn’t have much of symptoms initially, except chest pain. However, it can lead to sudden heart attack or stroke, if it goes unnoticed.
Some people having arrhythmia may not experience any symptoms at all. In such cases, arrhythmia can be diagnosed by a physical examination, by checking the pulse or by conducting an electro cardiogram (ECG).
Others have symptoms like:
- Chest pain.
- Feeling dizzy.
- Feeling light headed.
- A rapid pounding in the chest.
- Palpitations – feels like the heart is fluttering; skipping a beat or running away.
- Weakness in the chest.
In some complicated cases, patient may suffer sudden cardiac arrest.
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
- Joint pain and stiffness are the major symptoms. Pain, decreased the range of movement, medication’s side-effects can further deteriorate the well-being. The decreased mobility due to OA in the knee or hip-joint can be a cause of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Causes of diseases where ENSURE FOS VANILLA 1 KG is used
Constipation can be caused by any of the following reasons:
- Changes in your usual diet or activities.
- Antacid medicines containing calcium, iron or aluminium.
- Colon cancer.
- Eating a lot of dairy products.
- Eating disorders. Eating too much of junk food, white bread.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis.
- Not being active.
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
- Eating fatty foods
- No physical exercise
- Age (after 20, it starts to rise).
- Family history
Whenever there is an interruption in the electric impulses travelling across the heart and hence causes the heart to contract, it can result in arrhythmia.
There are many reasons which can make the heart to dysfunction:
- Hyper tension (High BP), heart disease.
- Excessive alcohol consumption, drug abuse, heavy smoking.
- Excessive caffeine.
- Imbalance of electrolytes like sodium and potassium in the blood.
- Scarring or injury to heart after a heart attack.
- Changes in the structure of the heart.
- Post surgery healing.
People with a normal and healthy heart may also experience an arrhythmia.
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
- Aging and obesity are the most common causes, though there are many more reasons that can cause OA.
Worst Foods With ENSURE FOS VANILLA 1 KG
What Are The Worst Foods For Constipation
Avoid cheese and dairy items
- Fried foods
- Red meat
- Frozen food
- Unripe banana
- Processed food
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
Here are the things you should avoid:
- Saturated fats: Red meat, whole-fat dairy products, eggs, vegetable oils, such as palm oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. Saturated fat can increase your levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and at the same time lowers triglycerides and nudges up levels of "good" HDL cholesterol. Hence, saturated fats should be taken in moderate quantities.
- Trans fats: Pies, cakes, cookies, donuts, French fries, chips, Margarine, samosa, muffins, pan cakes, fried chicken and other fried items.
Caffeinated drinks and beverages may trigger abnormal heart rhythm. So people who already have arrhythmia should try to avoid caffeine.
Sugar not only causes an inflammation, but also has the ability to cause palpitations in the heart. So limit your intake of sugar.
Too much salt is also bad for the heart. Salt causes irregularities in blood pressure levels which in turn affects heart activity. Hence reduce consumption of salt. A large amount of salt is used as the preservative in processed food. Read labels before you stock your kitchen cabinets with processed food.
Fatty food, junk food and food which is deep fried are all bad for the heart. They increase cholesterol and clog arteries, thereby increasing the chances of heart stroke.
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
What Are The Worst Foods For Osteoarthritis
Foods that make Osteoarthritis worse are:
- Refined carbohydrates
- Meat and Eggs
- Trans fats
Do's With Usage of ENSURE FOS VANILLA 1 KG
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Constipation
- Constipation is usually caused by wrong food habits, which disturb the digestion system of the body. Apart from that, try the following:
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, as it helps in digesting the food faster.
- If you are taking any iron supplement, pl. ask your doctor to change it. Most of the iron supplements cause constipation.
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage High Cholesterol
- Exercise regularly (3o minutes daily for 5 days a week) and keep your weight under control.
- Though fat people are more at risk of getting high cholesterol, it can also happen to thin people. Hence, get the regular check up done after the age of 40 years.
- Eat low salt, low-fat diet.
Since the heart is a vital organ of the body, it is very important that we take care of it. For people having an arrhythmia, it becomes all the more important to have a healthy heart. The following suggestions will help to keep the heart healthy and strong:
- Healthy lifestyle choices play a key role in maintaining the heart’s health. A well -balanced diet, physical exercise and a stress-free life are key factors.
- Keep weight under control.
- Control your cholesterol level.
- Maintain blood pressure.
- Include omega 3 fatty acids in your diet as research shows that it may prevent sudden cardiac death.
- Family members have to be familiar with CPR in the case of an emergency like a stroke or heart failure.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Osteoarthritis
To prevent or reduce Osteoarthritis, take care of the following:
- Manage a healthy weight
- Regular Exercise
- Avoid Joint Injuries
- Wear shoes with proper fitting, shock absorbing shoes
- Cool down after physical activities.
Dont's With Usage Of ENSURE FOS VANILLA 1 KG
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Constipation
- Don’t over use laxatives as these can cause hard to treat constipation.
- Don’t have a lifestyle of less physical activity.
- Never ignore the urge to go to the toilet.
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage High Cholesterol
- Alcohol, smoking is a complete no-no for patients with high cholesterol.
- Do not have a sedentary life style.
If a person has a certain type of arrhythmias, he is at risk of cardiac arrest, stroke or heart failure. To keep the heart strong, follow these suggestions:
- Do not smoke. Also, do not be around other people who are smoking (passive smoking).
- Do not drink excessive alcohol.
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine.
- Do not take illegal drugs.
- Avoid fatty and spicy food.
- Some cold and cough medicines promote arrhythmia. A health worker may guide you regarding the medicines.
- Avoid unnecessary tensions in life. Anger, stress, anxiety, nervousness, etc. lead to abnormal heart rhythm. Beat stress through techniques like meditation, yoga and mindfulness and lead a peaceful life.
- You might have difficulty in driving if you have irregular heart rhythm. Avoid driving at such times and inform your colleagues about your condition.
- Sometimes arrhythmia causes sudden loss of control. If your job involves being on top of a building, doing heavy machinery work or being constantly alert, try to avoid such situations until the issue of loss of control has been resolved.
- If certain activities like running, or any particular exercise increases your heart rate, try to avoid those.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Osteoarthritis
- Don’t bend knees past 90 degrees while doing half knee bends
- Avoid running on concrete.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfENSURE FOS VANILLA 1 KG
- Store half a litre of water in the copper jug overnight and drink it empty stomach in morning. This helps in getting rid of every type of constipation. Continue it for a week or a month, depending on the severity of your problem.
- Take one spoon of Isabel in hot milk every day till you get rid of constipation.
- Generally, arrhythmia is harmless. But people with abnormal irregularities in heart rate have to take of themselves. Whenever you feel dizzy, remember to lie down.
- Even complicated and serious arrhythmias can be effectively treated with medical treatment coupled with an active lifestyle and healthy nutrition.
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include:
- Consume balanced diet
- Sleep Well
- Use hot and cold compresses for the affected joint to decrease pain, stiffness and swelling.