EPINEURON TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) EPALRESTAT 2) Vitamin B12
Uses Of EPINEURON TABLET
Epalrestat is used in the treatment of Diabetic Neuropathy.
Mecobalamin is used to treat Vitamin B12 deficiency.
Side Effects Of EPINEURON TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: EPALRESTAT
The most common side effects of Epalrestat are:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Gastro intestinal problems, diarrhoea
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Mecobalamin is usually safe. Some people may experience:
- Getting nervous or anxious
- Uncontrollable or Involuntary movements.
Contraindications Of EPINEURON TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: EPALRESTAT
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Epalrestat or any other allergies.
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin B12
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- The breast-feeding mothers.
- If suffering from an infection
- Low iron or folate level
- Polycythemia (a bone disease)
- Optic atrophy (genetic condition that harms the nerve connecting the eye to brain)
- Blood in urine.
Diabetic Neuropathy is a condition where nerve damage occurs due to Diabetes Mellitus. This painful condition is mainly classified into four types:
- Peripheral Neuropathy: It usually affects the legs and feet and rarely affects the arms, back, and abdomen.
- Autonomic Neuropathy: This type mainly affects the digestive system or the gastrointestinal tract. It also shows an effect on sex organs, urinary system, and blood vessels.
- Proximal Neuropathy: This condition shows pain in the hips, thighs, or buttocks which is usually one-sided.
- Focal Neuropathy: It affects specific nerves, especially in the head, leg, or torso and results in muscle weakness and severe pain.
- In Anaemia, lesser oxygen is carried around the body by red blood cells. Anemia can be of different types.
Symptoms Treated With EPINEURON TABLET
Although the condition doesn’t have any characteristic set of symptoms, each type of Diabetic Neuropathy is said to show certain signs as listed below:
Peripheral Neuropathy: The symptoms for the condition are said to get worse at night. Some symptoms are:
- Reduced perception or numbness of stimulus like pain, touch or change of temperature.
- Burning or tingling sensation.
- Muscle weakness.
- Loss of reflex in feet and legs.
- Loss of coordination and balance.
- Sharp cramps.
Autonomic Neuropathy: The condition might possibly cause:
- Complications related to the bladder, including urinary retention or urinary tract infections.
- Diarrhoea or constipation.
- Difficulty in deglutition or swallowing.
- Complications related to sex organs that include erectile dysfunction in men and vaginal dryness in women.
- Problems related to homoeostasis. Difficulty in accommodation of pupils of the eyes.
Focal Neuropathy: The condition usually shows symptoms that may include:
- Eye pain.
- Bell’s palsy or paralysis on one side of the face.
- Severe pain in certain parts of the body, including chest and belly.
What Are The Symptoms Of Anaemia
- Common symptoms of anemia are tiredness, dizziness, and breathlessness.
Causes of diseases where EPINEURON TABLET is used
The possible causes for Diabetic neuropathy differ based on types. Here are a few factors that are likely to cause nerve damage:
- Metabolic Factors: After prolonged diabetes, damage to delicate nerve fibres occurs as high blood sugar interferes with the nerves’ ability to transmit signals across the body. Also, high levels of bad cholesterol and low levels of insulin also contribute to nerve damage.
- Autoimmune factors: This involves inflammation of nerves.
- Lifestyle factors: These include habits of smoking and alcoholism.
- Neurovascular factors: Damage of blood vessels that supply oxygen to nerves results in damage to the nerves.
- Other factors like a mechanical injury to the nerves.
What Are The Causes Of Anaemia
- Deficiency of nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin B 12, sickle cell anemia (a genetic blood disorder) or kidney disease can be amongst few causes of anemia.
- The type of food you eat also affects the absorption of iron and folic acid.
Best Foods With EPINEURON TABLET
The best food recommended for Diabetic Neuropathy include those which help in maintaining normal blood sugar levels:
- Broccoli: With the help of a compound called sulforaphane, this helps in triggering anti-inflammatory processes in the body to reduce blood sugar levels and control damage of blood vessels.
- Apples: These have high amounts of antioxidants and significantly lower the Low-Density Lipoproteins (LDLs) in the body. This helps in lowering the abnormal cholesterol levels in the body.
- Blueberries: As good sources of both soluble and insoluble fibres, these help in removing excess fat out of the body as well as improving control of blood sugar levels. It also stimulates the release of the adiponectin hormone, which helps in lowering of blood glucose and increases insulin sensitivity.
- Asparagus: This non-starchy vegetable contains high levels of antioxidant called glutathione that helps in easing the effects of diabetes and other neurovascular disorders.
- Oats: Oatmeal has high levels of magnesium that helps the body to utilise glucose efficiently and secrete insulin properly.
- Avocados: These are good sources of healthy monosaturated fat content to serve as a substitute for saturated fat containing foods.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark Chocolates are rich sources of flavonoids which are seen to reduce insulin resistance, lower fasting blood glucose levels, improve insulin sensitivity in the body.
- Fish: As a rich source of omega-3-fatty acid, fish helps to decrease inflammation in the body.
- Olive oil: Including olive oil in a diabetic diet has shown to significantly reduce the risk of diabetes in comparison with a low-fat diet. It is also a good source of antioxidants that help in preventing cellular damage.
- Brown rice or wild rice: In contrast to white rice, these have higher levels of fibres that help in slowing down the rush of glucose into the bloodstream.
- Black Coffee and Green tea: Green tea helps in hydrating and further stabilises blood sugar levels and increases body metabolism. Black coffee has low calories and carbohydrates to maintain normal blood glucose levels.
- Cinnamon: This spice helps in reducing blood glucose levels and LDL and VLDL levels. With the use of cinnamon, Hb1Ac levels and fasting blood sugar levels were significantly decreased because of the presence of chromium that increases insulin activity.
What Are The Best Foods For Anaemia
- Maintain the healthy diet, especially foods containing iron, Vitamin B12 (Eggs, Cheese, Milk, Meats like beef, lamb, pork, Fish, Fortified breakfast cereals).
- Eat lots of leafy vegetables like spinach.
- Fruits like Pomegranates.
- Beetroot and sesame seeds are considered the wonder food for treating anemia.
Worst Foods With EPINEURON TABLET
Here are certain foods that are to be avoided in order to control or prevent Diabetic Neuropathy:
- Candy, cookies: These are high-sugar containing foods and also lack nutritional value, which causes a dramatic spike in blood glucose levels.
- Processed, refined, white carbs: White rice flour increase blood-glucose levels and hardly contribute to satisfying one’ appetite. These include white bread, white pasta, and other refined starches.
- Baked snacks, cakes, and pastries: These contain a combination of sugar with white flour and also sodium, saturated fats, and preservatives. These not only increase blood glucose levels but also increase bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Bacon: These contain great amounts of saturated fats that promote inflammation.
- Whole milk and its products: Not only it contains higher levels of carbohydrates, it also worsens insulin resistance in the body.
- Roasted nuts: These are shown to perpetuate damaged receptors on the cells and thus worsen insulin resistance.
- Dried fruits: Although these contain a high concentration of essential nutrients, sugar levels are also high in dry fruits due to loss of water.
What Are The Worst Foods For Anaemia
- Junk food.
- Coffee, tea, red wine as these inhibit the absorption of iron.
- White bread.
Do's With Usage of EPINEURON TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Diabetic Neuropathy
The following are considered as the important factors in controlling or preventing Diabetic Neuropathy:
- Keep track of blood sugar levels periodically.
- Take care of toenails as it avoids getting foot sores or ulcers.
- Wear shoes or sandals that fit well and make sure the feet don't get injured.
- Take small meals so that your body can maintain blood glucose control
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anaemia
- Use iron utensils for cooking as food cooked in iron vessel automatically gathers iron from the vessel and makes food iron rich.
- To improve absorption of iron in your body, take it with foods rich in vitamin C (like oranges, lemon)
- Find out the exact reason of anemia as your food choice will depend upon the real cause of anemia. E.g., patients with anemia caused by celiac disease should avoid eating gluten rich foods (like wheat, oats. Etc.), which others should continue with gluten.
Dont's With Usage Of EPINEURON TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Diabetic Neuropathy
The factors that should be completely avoided to control or prevent Diabetic Neuropathy include:
- Avoid exposure to triggering factors of increased blood sugar.
- Avoid overeating as it contributes to abnormal body weight.
- Don’t skip the medication otherwise clinically significant breakthrough effects are likely to be observed.
- Don’t walk barefooted at any cost as diabetic patients take more time to heal the foot injury.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anaemia
- Avoid taking iron with calcium rich foods, coffee, tea as these hinder the absorption of iron in the body. Take these items at different times.
- Do yoga regularly as it increases the RBC count and also purifies the blood.
- Exercise regularly, as it causes hunger, which in turn improves your food intake.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfEPINEURON TABLET
Regular exercise helps in improving the condition of diabetes and also lowers abnormal cholesterol levels.