ERITEL CH 40MG LS TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Telmisartan 2) Chlorthalidone
Uses Of ERITEL CH 40MG LS TABLET
Telmisartan is used to treat (hypertension) high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent heart attacks, strokes, and kidney problems. It relaxes blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily.
Telmisartan is sometimes given together with other blood pressure medications.
Chlorthalidone (also known as Chlortalidone) is used in the treatment of:
- Reduce excess salt and water in body in cases of heart failure, liver, kidney diseases
- Kidney stones
- Decrease edema and breathing problems due to accumulation of fluid in body parts and lungs
Side Effects Of ERITEL CH 40MG LS TABLET
Some patients might feel some symptoms for initial few days of starting the medicines, however, in most of the cases these symptoms disappear within a short time. Some of the common side effects of Telmisartan are:
- Blurred vision
- Back pain as your body adjusts to the medication
- Other side effects of Telmisartan include:
- Stuffy nose
- Sinus pain
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Pl. consult your doctors if you experience any of the above symptoms for more than a week.
Many people using this medicine do not experience any serious side-effects. However, some patients may experience:
- Increase in sugar level in diabetic patients
- Low level of sodium and potassium
- Dehydration (excessive loss of water from body)
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occur:
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular heart beat
- Extreme thirst
- Dry mouth
- Urination problems
- Vision problems
Contraindications Of ERITEL CH 40MG LS TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Telmisartan
Pl. inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Renal Artery Stenosis, Liver Problems, Blockage of a Bile Duct, Abnormally Low Blood Pressure, Kidney Disease, Pregnancy, Decreased Blood Volume, High Amount of Potassium in the Blood, Extreme Loss of Body Water.
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Low electrolyte balance
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
Cardiovascular risk factors are the habits and conditions that increase your risk of coronary heart disease, heart failure, heart attack, hypertensive heart disease, cardiomyopathy, congenital heart disease, carditis, aortic aneurysms, thromboembolic disease, rheumatic heart disease, heart arrhythmia, valvular heart disease, peripheral artery disease and venous thrombosis. These factors also increase the chances of the existing conditions of the cardiovascular heart disease (CHD) to worsen.
CHD is also known coronary artery disease. This is a condition where the inner walls of the coronary arteries (the arteries that supply the heart with oxygen-rich blood) are coated with a build-up of plaque, which is a waxy substance. The plaque causes the narrowing of the arteries and reduces the flow of blood to the heart.
This reduced blood flow causes chest pain, especially if you are active and ultimately, an area coated with plaque can rupture, which causes a blood clot to be formed on the plaque’s surface. If the blood clot becomes very big, it can block the blood flow to the part of the heart which is supplied by the particular artery. And, the blocked blood flow causes a heart attack.
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
When the body or some parts of the body become swollen or puffy, the condition is known as edema. The swelling occurs when the capillaries (tiny blood vessels) in the body leak fluid, which is trapped in tissues of the body, especially the skin, causing swelling. A small part of the body or the entire body can be affected.
Although edema is quite a common condition, sometimes an edema can be a sign of some serious problem. Most often, edema affects the skin and parts of the body such as arms, hands, legs, feet and ankles. It can affect the bowels, lungs muscles, brain and eyes too.
There are many types of edema such as:
- Peripheral edema:The edema affects the legs, feet, ankles, arms and hands.
- Pulmonary edema:This occurs when fluid collects in the lungs and makes it difficult to breathe. This can be caused due to acute lung injury or congestive heart failure.
- Macular edema:The swelling occurs in the macula of the eye and is a complication caused due to diabetic retinopathy.
- Cerebral edema:When there is swelling in the brain.
Symptoms Treated With ERITEL CH 40MG LS TABLET
While cardiovascular risk by itself does not have any symptoms, the symptoms are usually seen in the case you suffer from heart attack or stroke. And, some of the symptoms and signs of a heart attack and stroke are:
The symptoms of heart attack are:
- A pressure that is very uncomfortable, squeezing or pain in the centre of the chest that occurs for a minute or more, disappears and then comes back.
- Discomfort or pain in one of the arms or both of them, in the jaw, back, stomach or neck.
- Shortness of breath, which may or may not be accompanied by discomfort in the chest.
- Other symptoms like nausea, feeling lightheaded, breaking out into a cold sweat, etc.
The symptoms of stroke are:
- Sudden trouble in speaking and understanding things, confusion.
- Sudden weakness or numbness in the face, arm or leg, especially occurring on one side of the body.
- Problem with vision in one or both the eyes.
- An unexpected and severe headache, without any cause.
- Sudden dizziness, loss of coordination or balance or trouble in walking.
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
What Are The Symptoms Of Edema
The symptoms and signs of edema are:
- Swelling, pain and tightness
- Stretched, shiny and swollen skin
- When pressed, the skin forms a dimple
- Puffiness of face, ankles or eyes
- Weight gain or loss
- Stiff joints and aching body
- High blood pressure and pulse rate
- Changes in bowel habits, nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Lethargy and confusion, disturbances in vision
Causes of diseases where ERITEL CH 40MG LS TABLET is used
Causes of cardiovascular risk
Some of the causes of cardiovascular risk are:
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol or LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Being overweight and obesity
- Diabetes and prediabetes
- Being post-menopausal
- No physical activity
- Unhealthy diet
- Stress and anxiety
Some factors that cause a cardiovascular risk that cannot be controlled are:
- Family history of cardiovascular disease
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
What Are The Causes Of Edema
Some causes of edema are:
- Staying or sitting in a particular position for a prolonged period.
- High altitude, sunburn or burns.
- Use of contraceptives, thyroid disease
- Eating too much of salt or salty foods.
- Premenstrual symptoms, pregnancy.
- Medications (high blood pressure medicines, steroid drugs, NSAIDs, estrogens, thiazolidinediones (diabetes medication), vasodilators, etc.).
Sometimes, edema may be caused due to a more serious health condition like:
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Congestive heart failure
- Weakness or damage to the veins in the legs
- Kidney disease, kidney damage
- Long-term severe protein deficiency
- Damaged lymphatic system
- Problems with circulation, infection, death of tissues
- Electrolyte problems, overload of fluid in the body
- Diabetes, edema in the brain due to head injury, brain tumour, stroke
- Allergies, blood clot in vein
- Varicose veins, tumour, cyst or growth
- Lymphedema due to infection, surgery or infection
Worst Foods With ERITEL CH 40MG LS TABLET
- Avoid a diet that is high in saturated fats and trans fats like cheese, animal products, French fries, chips, bacon, pasties, etc. as these increase the cholesterol levels and also the cardiovascular risk.
- Avoid a diet that is high in sodium as increases the risk of hypertension (high blood pressure) that increases cardiovascular risk.
- Avoid processed and refined grains and products like white rice, white bread and white pasta as they increase the risk of heart disease.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it damages the heart muscles and increases cardiovascular risk leading to cardiac arrhythmia and stroke.
- Avoid sugary foods and beverages like parties, doughnuts, cakes, fizzy drinks, sports drinks, colas, etc. as these increases cardiovascular risk.
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
What Are The Worst Foods For Edema
- Sodium is very bad for edema. So, avoid consumption of salt and salty foods such as French fries, chips, soy sauce, salted nuts, pretzels, bacon, ham, canned tuna, processed meats, hot dogs, sausages, takeaway food, cheese, canned foods, etc. as they are high in salt.
- Avoid foods that are high in saturated and trans fats as they stimulate inflammation and worsen the condition of edema.
- Avoid or limit consumption of alcohol and caffeinated beverages, as they cause fluid retention and aggravate the edema.
- Avoid carbonated beverages such as fizzy drinks, soda, beer, etc. as they contain loads of sugar and sodium and they also cause bloating and gas apart from making the edema worse.
- Avoid processed grains and products such as oat cereals, ready-to-eat bran, popcorn, pancakes, waffles, crackers, etc. as these contain a lot of sodium, which worsens edema.
- Avoid tomato juice and vegetable juice as they have high levels of sodium which worsens the edema.
- Avoid convenience foods such as soups, rice, pasta mixes, frozen meals, etc. as they are high in sodium and cause the edema and swelling to worsen.
Do's With Usage of ERITEL CH 40MG LS TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Cardiovascular risk
Follow a regular exercise routine. Physical activity helps to prevent many chronic health problems including reducing cardiovascular risk as it not only regulates your weight but also helps to improve the use of insulin by your body. Being active also helps to improve blood lipid levels, blood glucose levels, blood pressure, blood vessel health and also reduces inflammation all the factors that cause CHD.
Follow a healthy diet, as this is essential to prevent cardiovascular disease. Diet is the main factor that you can change that will influence the other factors of cardiovascular risk.
Keep your cholesterol levels in control by following a healthy diet and exercise and medication (if required).
Keep your blood pressure and diabetes under control with the help of a healthy diet, exercise and medication.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Edema
If you are suffering from edema:
- Cut down consumption of salt.
- Lose weight in case you are overweight.
- Raising your legs helps to improve circulation. Walking, cycling, running and aerobics can help to prevent edema.
- Regular exercise can help to prevent occurrence of edema.
- When you are travelling, get up and walk around regularly.
- In the cold temperature, dress warmly.
- When sitting at your desk at work, if you have swelling in your ankles, then lift your legs parallel to the floor periodically.
- Keep up your feet propped up on a pillow when watching TV, resting or reading. The gravity can help to drain the fluid away from the swollen feet and ankles.
- Applying ice to the affected parts can help to reduce the swelling. However, avoid this if you suffer from poor circulation or diabetes.
Dont's With Usage Of ERITEL CH 40MG LS TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Cardiovascular risk
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco as they increase cardiovascular risk. Passive smoking also increases cardiovascular risk.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Edema
- Avoid standing or sitting for long periods of time.
- Avoid extreme temperatures and very hot showers, baths and sauna therapy.
- Avoid crossing your legs, as the blood flow through the veins gets limited and makes the swelling worse.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing, as it stops the fluids from being removed from the lower legs.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfERITEL CH 40MG LS TABLET
- You must take up risk assessments to determine your risk of developing a heart disease, stroke and heart attack in the future. And, if you are at a higher risk for heart disease, then you must begin treatment to prevent the same.
- Stress, anger and anxiety are major causes that increase cardiovascular risk. Adopting calming techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga, tai chi, massage, etc. can help you relax and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It is recommended that after the age of 65, women must take 81mg of aspirin daily to reduce cardiovascular risk. However, it is a good idea to check with your doctor before taking it.
What Are The Tips For Edema
- You can use massage therapy to remove the accumulated fluid by massaging in the direction of the heart. Massaging helps to activate the lymphatic system, helping to drain the fluid naturally. You can use warm olive, coconut or mustard oil and massage the inflamed area many times a day for relief.
- Keeping the swollen portion above heart level many times in a day, especially while sleeping can help to reduce edema.
- Using compression sleeves, stockings or gloves put pressure on the limbs and stops the fluid from collecting in the tissue and helps to reduce the swelling.
- Calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and B5 help to improve the kidney function and remove the water from the body, thereby preventing edema.
Some natural remedies for edema are:
- Dandelion has natural diuretic properties and contains potassium that helps to reduce the level of sodium and also aids in eliminating the fluids and reducing the swelling. You can mix a teaspoon of dandelion leaves, dried or fresh in 1 glass of hot water and let it steep for around 5-7 minutes. Strain and drink the tea 2-3 times in a day for relief from edema. However, you should avoid using dandelion if you have gallbladder problems.
- Apple cider vinegar and helps to reduce fluid retention and also pain and swelling caused due to edema as it has a high potassium content. Adding 1-2 teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and drinking it 2 times a day provides relief. Or, soaking a towel in a solution of water and apple cider vinegar and wrapping the towel over the affected parts of the body 2-3 times in a day can provide relief from swelling.
- Mix 1 cup of Epsom salt in a tub of warm water and soak in it for 10-15 minutes around thrice a week. This can help to flush out the excess water and toxins from the body and reduce edema.
- Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Add it to some oil such as coconut or jojoba oil and massage it to the affected parts twice a day for relief from inflammation and pain.
- Parsley has diuretic properties and can help to reduce painful swelling caused by edema. To 2 cups of water add a spoonful of parsley and let it boil for around 10 minutes and strain and drink the liquid in the morning on an empty stomach or grind the parsley leaves into a paste and apply the paste to the inflamed areas for around 30 minutes and rinse with warm water for relief.