ESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP has the following salts in its composition
1) Diethylcarbamazine (50mg) 2) Cetirizine
Uses Of ESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP
Diethylcarbamazine is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Filariasis (parasitic infection)
- Lymphatic filariasis (parasitic infection of lymph nodes and lymph vessels)
- Loiasis (African eye worm)
- Tropical pulmonary eosinophilia
- Onchocerciasis (river blindness)
Cetirizine or levocetirizine is used for relieving allergy symptoms like:
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes, itching eyes/nose
- Hives, itching.
It works by blocking the histamine, a natural substance which body makes during an allergic reaction.
Side Effects Of ESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP
Diethylcarbamazine is usually safe, but in some cases may cause side effects such as:
- Facial swelling, itching
- Feeling tired, headache
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Cetirizine
Some people, using cetirizine may experience:
- Dry mouth
Contraindications Of ESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug diethylcarbamazine or any other allergies.
- Eye problems
- Pregnancy, any recent surgery
Contraindications Of Salt: Cetirizine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Difficulty in urinating due to an enlarged prostate or any other reason
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
It is a parasitic infectious disease caused by roundworms of the Filarioidea type. These are thread-like nematodes that belong to the roundworm filarioidea family.
This disease belongs to helminthiases. The infection is spread by blood-feeding mosquitoes and black flies. There are 8 types of known filarial nematodes which use human as their best host. They are divided into 3 categories on the basis of the niche in the body they occupy:
Lymphatic filariasis: Here, the lymphatic system is occupied by the worms including lymph nodes. These worms are Brugia timori, Wuchereria bancrofti, and Brugia malayi. In chronic conditions, elephantiasis may develop.
Subcutaneous filariasis: Here, the subcutaneous layer of the skin is occupied by the worms. These worms are Onchocerca volvulus, Mansonella streptocera and Loa loa.
Serous cavity filariasis: Here, the serous cavity of the abdomen is occupied by the worms. These worms are Mansonella ozzardi and Mansonella perstans Mansonella ozzardi.
An allergy is an autoimmune response called a hypersensitivity reaction. This means that the body's immune system is acting in a way that is detrimental or has consequences that that affects the body- The body's immune system "overreacts" to a particular trigger, and thus your immune system is called "hypersensitive."
The severity of this overreaction of the immune system differs from person to person. Some people may have a mild reaction (sometimes only referred to as a sensitivity and not an allergy), while others may have severe anaphylactic reactions that can be life-threatening.
Eczema, food allergies, allergic rhinitis, medication allergies and anaphylactic reactions can all be grouped under the term "allergy." No specific causes of allergies have been found although genetics play the biggest role in predisposing to allergies.
People who suffer from allergies have different triggers that cause an allergic reaction. The first time someone is exposed to a trigger, the body's immune system forms antibodies against the particular allergen. This is called sensitization.
When the immune system encounters the allergic trigger for the second time, the antibodies will react to the trigger and cause an allergic response. Sometimes the allergic response can worsen with every exposure, for example, seen in patients with bee-sting allergies. The first bee sting might not be severe, but the third or fourth reaction could be life-threatening. Most of the time, the allergic response stays the same in severity.
Often people who suffer from allergies had what we call an atopic triad in childhood- this triad of allergies include atopic dermatitis (eczema), food allergies and asthma.
Symptoms Treated With ESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP
What Are The Symptoms Of Filariasis
The most common symptom is edema which further results in elephantiasis (swelling and thickening of the skin and underlying tissues). This occurs when worms attack the lymphatic system.
Other symptoms are :
- Subcutaneous form: itching, urticaria, skin rashes, arthritis, onchocerciasis(river blindness)
- Serous cavity filariasis: Symptoms are similar to subcutaneous form in addition to abdominal pain
What Are The Symptoms Of Allergy
The symptoms of allergies are because of a release of a substance called histamines from the immune system.
The symptoms of allergies depend on the type of allergy:
Acute anaphylaxis may be potentially life-threatening. This may present with a red skin rash, swelling of the airways, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, cardiovascular collapse and will lead to death if not treated.
A red itchy skin rash (wheal and flare reaction) is common in food allergies, chemical allergies (e.g. latex allergy), medication allergies and allergic reactions to insect bites.
Food allergies may present with a skin rash, itchy or swollen airways or gastrointestinal upsets.
Allergic rhinitis presents with a runny nose, teary eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion. Allergic rhinitis is one of the medical conditions that have the worst impact on quality of life.
Eczema usually presents in childhood with a dry, itchy rash, usually affecting the skin over joint surfaces.
Causes of diseases where ESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP is used
What Are The Causes Of Filariasis
Filariasis is caused by the infected mosquitoes of Filarioidea type. They bite the human body and inject filarial parasites into the body. Multiplication of microfilariae by takes place inside the body which can live for around 6-8 years in a body. Thus millions of immature larvae are produced which circulates in the blood.
When mosquitoes bite the infected person microfilariae enters their bloodstream. They develop into infective larvae inside the mosquito. When these infected mosquitoes bite the human body, the mature parasite larvae are injected into the body through the skin and bloodstream. They mature into an adult worm in the lymphatic vessel and in this way the cycle of transmission continues.
What Are The Causes Of Allergy
Genetics is the biggest link to allergies.
There has recently been much discussion about the increasing prevalence of allergies seen in the developed world. This increase is thought to be attributed to a decreased exposure to allergens and toxins in childhood, because of "over-hygienic" parenting. This is referred to in the media is the "hygiene hypothesis."
Children who are exposed to more bacteria and allergens in childhood have shown to have lower incidences of allergies.
Triggers for allergies are numerous. The common triggers are:
- House dust mites and dust
- Pollen and grass
- Animal dander
- Nuts- especially peanuts
- Milk and soy
- Shellfish and iodine-containing foods
- Medications such as penicillin, sulphonamide
- Chemicals such as latex
- Insect toxins such as bee-stings
Best Foods With ESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP
What Are The Best Foods For Filariasis
- Cloves, Agarwood, black walnut oil: These helps to kill the parasite and remove them from the blood.
- High protein and low-fat diet: This will boost the immunity and will help to fight the infection
- Probiotics: These are very much helpful in digestion and maintain the good health of intestinal tract.
- Oregano: These are very much helpful in fighting with parasites.
- Drink plenty of water to remove toxins from the body.
What Are The Best Foods For Allergy
- Green teas contain natural antihistamines, so are good to use in allergies.
- Foods high in vitamin C have shown to reduce the frequency of allergies. These include watermelon, apples, oranges, grapes, and strawberries.
- Food that contains Omega 3 such as salmon, mackerel, almonds, walnuts, avocados, and flaxseeds.
- Vary your diet.
Worst Foods With ESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP
What Are The Worst Foods For Filariasis
- Fatty and spicy foods: These increases the inflammation so should be avoided.
What Are The Worst Foods For Allergy
- If you are allergic to any food substance, avoidance of that particular food is prudent.
- Spicy foods induce a histaminic response. It may worsen your allergy in some cases. Use with discretion.
- Raw fruits and vegetables may sometimes aggravate allergies because of pesticides and pollen. Cooking your vegetables can lower the allergic response related to this.
Do's With Usage of ESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Filariasis
- Sleep under a mosquito net during net to prevent the attack of mosquitoes
- Limit your outdoor activities during dusk and dawn. As during this time period, the mosquitoes are highly active.
- Cover yourself with the full sleeves clothes to minimize the attack on the body. More the skin is exposed more will be chances of an attack.
- Use mosquito repellent on the exposed skin. This will keep the mosquitoes away.
- Exercise to reduce the inflammation and to keep the body warm.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Allergy
- Screen yourself for your particular allergen triggers through skin prick or blood tests.
- Trigger avoidance is the biggest component of allergy treatment.
- If you suffer from severe allergic reactions, always carry your adrenaline pen with you.
- It would be wise to keep your chronic medications on you, in the case of an acute allergic episode.
- Wear a medical alert bracelet if you have any life-threatening allergies.
Dont's With Usage Of ESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Filariasis
- Avoid going out at dusk and dawn as during this period parasites are highly active.
- Don’t keep water in coolers for a long duration.
- Don’t drink cold water as it can make you fall ill
- Restrict the intake of milk and its products
- Don’t allow the water to stand in sewage and your household as these are the common sites for mosquitoes.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Allergy
- Don't leave allergies untreated as they have a significant impact on quality of life.
- Don't smoke. Smoking increases inflammation in the body and can worsen allergic reactions; this is especially true if you suffer from airway allergies such as allergic rhinitis or asthma.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfESNOCOF 50 MG2 MG SYRUP
What Are The Tips For Filariasis
- Filariasis can be managed with preventive techniques. The best way to prevent this disease is to stay away from mosquitoes and protect yourself from their infectious bites.
- Keeping the surrounding clean will reduce the mosquitoes.
- This is a global health issue. Education and awareness can help to eradicate this infectious disease from the society.
What Are The Tips For Allergy
Probiotics are useful in food sensitivities to restore intestinal flora balance. An elimination diet may lower inflammation in the body and help reduce allergies.