ETHOLATE SUSPENSION has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of ETHOLATE SUSPENSION
Ethamsylate is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Excessive bleeding during mensuration or surgery
- Excessive bleeding caused due to various other conditions like menorrhagia and hemorrhages.
It works by promoting platelet adhesion.
Side Effects Of ETHOLATE SUSPENSION
The common side effects of Ethamsylate are:
- Nausea, diarrhea, headache, vomiting
- Rash, fever
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Hormone imbalance
- Slow growth in children and teenagers
- Dark Urine
- Yellowing of eyes/ skin
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of ETHOLATE SUSPENSION
Contraindications Of Salt: Ethamsylate
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Ethamsylate or any other allergies
- Coeliac disease
Heavy bleeding during periods is very common amongst women. However, when it crosses the certain level of bleeding and results in severe blood loss, it is called menorrhagia. Most of the heavy bleeding can’t be termed as menorrhagia.
Symptoms Treated With ETHOLATE SUSPENSION
What Are The Symptoms Of Menorrhagia
You can be suffering from Menorrhagia if you experience any or many of the following symptoms of menorrhagia:
- Soaking through tampons or sanitary pads every hour (for several consecutive hours)
- Bleeding lasting more than a week
- Passing larger than a quarter blood clots
- Needing to wake up to change sanitary napkins during the night or use double sanitary protection to avoid leakage
- Finding it difficult to perform daily activities due to heavy bleeding
- Symptoms of anemia, such as fatigue, tiredness, or shortness of breath
- Bleeding in between periods, bleeding after menopause
Causes of diseases where ETHOLATE SUSPENSION is used
What Are The Causes Of Menorrhagia
Some of the common causes of menorrhagia are:
- Hormonal imbalance: Can be caused by polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), insulin resistance obesity, and thyroid problems.
- Dysfunction of the ovaries: e.g. ovaries not releasing eggs during ovulation
- Uterine polyps: Benign, small growth on the lining of the uterus
- Uterine fibroids: Non-malignant fibroids can also cause heavy bleeding.
- Intrauterine device (IUD): A device often used for birth control, it can cause heavy bleeding
- Adenomyosis: It causes painful periods and heavy bleeding when the glands from the endometrium get embedded in the uterine muscle.
- Cancer: Uterine cancer or cervical cancer can be the cause of excessive menstrual bleeding, especially in postmenopausal women.
- Pregnancy complications: e.g. miscarriage, unusual location of the placenta, like placenta previa or a low-lying placenta.
- Inherited bleeding disorders like von Willebrand's disease
- Other medical conditions: Many other medical conditions, like kidney or liver disease, may also be the cause of menorrhagia.
- Certain medications: Hormonal medications, anti-inflammatory medications, or some other types of medications can lead to prolonged or heavy menstrual bleeding.
Worst Foods With ETHOLATE SUSPENSION
What Are The Worst Foods For Menorrhagia
Some foods tend to increase the blood flow, hence should be avoided especially during periods:
- Papaya: It is also known for causing miscarriages. Hence, papaya should be avoided during periods.
- Certain Ayurvedic medicines, home products like foxnut, Chayavanprash, ginger etc. are hot in nature. Taking large quantities of such items can also lead to heavy bleeding.
- Caffeine-containing products like coffee and tea
- Foods with high sugar content like pastries, sweets
- High salts and fried foods like French fries, pizzas
Do's With Usage of ETHOLATE SUSPENSION
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Menorrhagia
- There are many types of treatments available to control heavy bleeding, e.g., removal of fibroids, Dilation and Curettage (D&C), Hysterectomy, hormonal treatment, and Endometrial removal. Your doctor will advise you the best method that can be used for your condition.
- Cold compresses help in the construction of blood vessels. Take cold compresses for 10 mins every 4 hours during periods.
- Swimming in between two mensural periods is known to bring the gap between two mensural cycles to normal. If swimming is not possible, sit in bath-tub filled with normal to cold water for 10 minutes every day.
- Get enough sleep.
Dont's With Usage Of ETHOLATE SUSPENSION
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Menorrhagia
- Avoid too much running around or heavy exercises during periods.
- Avoid dehydration.
- Avoid stress as this is also one of the key reasons for heavy bleeding.