ETOGESIC T TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Etodolac 2) Tolperisone
Uses Of ETOGESIC T TABLET
Etodolac is an anti-inflammatory medicine and not a steroid.
Etodolac is used to treat mild Fever, Pain or inflammation. It is specifically used in the reduction of Pains that are caused due to rheumatoid Arthritis and osteoArthritis.
It is a centrally acting muscle relaxant used in the treatment of Back Pains, Pain>Joint Pains and muscular Pains.
It is used to treat spasticity of muscular skeleton.
It increases the supply of blood to skeletal muscles and thus causes muscle relaxation by acting on CNS.
Side Effects Of ETOGESIC T TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Etodolac
Dizziness, drowsiness, diarrhoea, stomach upset and nausea are the usual side effects.
This drug may increase blood pressure. BP has to be monitored regularly when using this medicine.
Please inform the doctor if you experience liver, kidney, weight loss, stiff neck and mood changes while using the medicine.
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort
- Muscular weakness
- Dry mouth.
Contraindications Of ETOGESIC T TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Etodolac
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers are not advised to use this medicine.
- Etodolac should be avoided strictly by patients with the asthma problem.
Contraindications Of Salt: Tolperisone
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is also known as degenerative joint disease, degenerative arthritis is a chronic condition that can harm any join. However, the most likely affected parts are knees, hips, lower back, and neck, small joints of the fingers, thumb and the big toes’ base.
Back pain is a kind of inflammation that occurs due to strain in the back muscles. It can increase from a normal pain to sharp pain in the back leading to stiffness. The pain may originate from the muscles, nerves, bones and joints.
Symptoms Treated With ETOGESIC T TABLET
- Joint pain and stiffness are the major symptoms. Pain, decreased the range of movement, medication’s side-effects can further deteriorate the well-being. The decreased mobility due to OA in the knee or hip-joint can be a cause of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
What Are The Symptoms Of Back Pain
- Severe back pain.
- Weight loss
- Swelling on the back.
- Pain reaches to other body parts.
- Difficulty in standing straight.
- Difficulty in urinating.
Causes of diseases where ETOGESIC T TABLET is used
- Aging and obesity are the most common causes, though there are many more reasons that can cause OA.
What Are The Causes Of Back Pain
Back pain causes due to any of these reasons
- Disk breakdown
- Reported disks
- Strained muscles
- Strained ligaments
- Lifting heavy objects.
- The bad posture of sitting.
- Sleep disorders
- Infection of the spine.
- Any hidden injury
Best Foods With ETOGESIC T TABLET
Healthy eating for Osteoarthritis include the following:
- Vitamin C rich food items like papaya, guava, pineapples, oranges, grapefruit, strawberries, kiwi, raspberries, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc. Vitamin C is essential for cartilage’s development.
- Vitamin D helps in decreasing the breakdown of cartilage and decreases joint space narrowing. Vitamin D rich foods are seafood (wild-caught salmon, cod, shrimp, sardines, and cod), fortified milk, egg, yoghurt, tofu, and breakfast cereals.
- A very powerful antioxidant beta-carotene eliminates the free radicals and avoids harm to the joints that they cause. Foods rich with beta-carotene are sweet potatoes, parsley, apricots, tomatoes, asparagus, peppermint leaves, cantaloupe, winter squash etc.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are a boon to the OA patients as they decrease inflammation by prohibiting the production of cytokines and the enzymes responsible for breaking down of cartilage. Foods are salmon, rainbow trout, walnuts, flaxseeds, omega-3 fortified eggs, Pacific oyster, and mackerel.
- Anti-oxidants such as quercetin and anthocyanins act as anti-inflammatory agents. Rich food sources are kale, leeks, broccoli, green tea, apricots, apples, black currant, cocoa powder, onions, and blueberries.
- Spices also act as anti-inflammatory agents, ginger and turmeric are great for OA patients.
What Are The Best Foods For Back Pain
- Many foods are effective when it comes to treating a back pain. These foods reduce inflammation that causes back pain.
- Cherries and berries juices can reduce muscle pain and strain.
- Flax and chia seeds, cold water fish contain Omega 3 that helps to treat the back pain.
- Sweet potatoes, carrots are full of nutrition and can help to heal the severe back pain.
- Grapes and red wine have anti-inflammatory agents.
- Herbs and spices including basil, cinnamon, ginger, Rosemary, garlic, onions, and turmeric.
- Spinach and broccoli can also help you fight the back pain.
- Almonds, orange, and tofu are the high source of calcium and help increase muscle strength.
- Beans, seeds, nuts and whole grain are the sources of magnesium that helps to maintain bone density.
Worst Foods With ETOGESIC T TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Osteoarthritis
Foods that make Osteoarthritis worse are:
- Refined carbohydrates
- Meat and Eggs
- Trans fats
What Are The Worst Foods For Back Pain
- Reduce salt consumption as it increases urinary calcium excretion before body absorbs it.
- Nightshade vegetables such as tomatoes, eggplant, white potatoes, and peppers.
- Processed foods can lead to bone loss.
- Fast foods such as White bread, pasta, and rice can weaken the bones.
- Trans fats can increase pain.
- Caffeine as it is dehydrating drink and can cause inflammation.
- Sugary drinks and snacks as they pro inflame and increase pain.
- Fried food, Chips, and pastries can block the absorption of essential nutrition.
- Alcohols can worsen inflammation.
Do's With Usage of ETOGESIC T TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Osteoarthritis
To prevent or reduce Osteoarthritis, take care of the following:
- Manage a healthy weight
- Regular Exercise
- Avoid Joint Injuries
- Wear shoes with proper fitting, shock absorbing shoes
- Cool down after physical activities.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Back Pain
- Apply a hot water compress or an ice pack on your back that will provide you with some relief.
- Exercise and keep your muscle strength high.
- Take enough doses of calcium and vitamin D.
- Increase milk products intake and take a balanced diet with proper nutrition.
- Stand straight and change your walking style.
- Sit in the right posture.
Dont's With Usage Of ETOGESIC T TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Osteoarthritis
- Don’t bend knees past 90 degrees while doing half knee bends
- Avoid running on concrete.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Back Pain
- Avoid sitting for hours at one place only; take a break from your seat often.
- Avoid lifting up heavy things and don't push anything too hard.
- Avoid smoking as mainly smokers face back pain problems often.
- Avoid extra exercises.
- Sleep early and wake up early. Give yourself proper rest.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfETOGESIC T TABLET
- Consume balanced diet
- Sleep Well
- Use hot and cold compresses for the affected joint to decrease pain, stiffness and swelling.
What Are The Tips For Back Pain
- Massage of Peppermint and wintergreen oil are effective in reducing back pain.
- Try to sleep sideways.