EXIT 100MG150MG SUSPENSION has the following salts in its composition
1) Mebendazole (100mg) 2) Levamisole
Uses Of EXIT 100MG150MG SUSPENSION
Mebendazole is and anti-worm medicine, used for treating intestinal worm infections likes roundworm, whipworm, pinworm, and hookworm.
Side Effects Of EXIT 100MG150MG SUSPENSION
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Diarrhoea, Vomiting
- Change in taste in mouth
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach/ abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Clay coloured stools
Contraindications Of EXIT 100MG150MG SUSPENSION
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Intestinal problems like ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease
Intestinal worms also called parasitic worms or intestinal parasites are organisms that may be unicellular or multicellular. They live in the gut of human beings and animals and get their nutrition from the digestive tract.
The 2 broad types of intestinal worms are roundworms and flatworms.
- Roundworms: These cause pinworm, hookworm and ascariasis infections.
- Tapeworms: These include flukes and tapeworms.
Intestinal worms may vary in size, from being a few millimeters to even few meters long, depending on the type of the worm. Usually, kids are more prone to getting intestinal worms as they play in contaminated soil, sandboxes, etc. However, adults who do not maintain good hygiene are also at risk. Parasitic worms cause serious health problems and if not treated, this can be life-threatening.
Symptoms Treated With EXIT 100MG150MG SUSPENSION
Some of the symptoms of intestinal worms are:
- Passing of worms in stools.
- Tenderness and pain in the abdomen.
- Itching and rashes in the groin area.
- Fatigue and tiredness.
- Weight loss.
- Increase in appetite.
- Nausea, vomiting, gas and bloating.
- Diarrhoea (which may contain blood)
Some less common symptoms are:
- Symptoms of IBS or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Growth retardation.
- Gnashing the teeth while sleeping.
- Finding it difficult to fall asleep.
- Hives, skin rashes, eczema, and rosacea.
- Joint and muscle pain.
- Depression, anxiety, apathy and chronic fatigue.
- Constantly feeling hungry.
- Deficiency of Vitamin B.
- Mucus in stools (with or without visible traces of blood).
- A cough and congestion in the lungs.
- Sweats and chills at night.
Causes of diseases where EXIT 100MG150MG SUSPENSION is used
Some of the causes of intestinal worms are:
- Eating undercooked meat of an infected animal such as fish, pig or cow.
- Drinking contaminated water.
- Eating contaminated soil.
- Contact with contaminated feces.
- Poor hygiene.
- Poor sanitation.
- Usually, roundworms are transmitted via contact with contaminated feces and soil.
Worst Foods With EXIT 100MG150MG SUSPENSION
- Avoid meats, especially undercooked meat like pork, beef, and fish until the treatment for intestinal worms is complete.
- Avoid sugar and sugary foods, as these feed the parasites and also lowers the immune function of the body.
- Avoid processed foods such as white bread, white rice, pasta, refined flour, etc. as these foods lower the immune function and help the intestinal worms to flourish.
- Avoid fatty foods such as cream, oil, butter, etc. until the intestinal worms are completely removed.
Do's With Usage of EXIT 100MG150MG SUSPENSION
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Intestinal worms
- It is a good idea to practice good hygiene at all time.
- Wash your hands properly before you eat and after you use the toilet.
- Change your underwear and bed linen regularly and wash them with hot water.
- Always drink clean, filtered or boiled water.
- Wash your vegetables and fruits thoroughly with clean water and peel and cook them before eating.
- Cook meat thoroughly to temperatures of around 148oF or 62.8oC and up to 160oF or 71oC for ground poultry and meat.
- When you cook the meat, allow it to rest for at least 3 minutes before cutting or eating.
- Freeze meat or fish to -4oF or -20oC for up to at least 24 hours before eating.
- If any food falls on the floor, wash it or reheat it before eating.
Dont's With Usage Of EXIT 100MG150MG SUSPENSION
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Intestinal worms
- Avoid produce that has been fertilized using untreated animal and human manure.
- If you go out for a walk in the park, make sure that you leave the shoes outside and disinfect your shoes and also your home regularly.
- Do not play with stray dogs and cats and even home pets that have not been de-wormed.
- If you play with a pet, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before eating or cooking food, etc.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfEXIT 100MG150MG SUSPENSION
Some home remedies for eliminating or preventing intestinal worms are:
- Having raw papaya or the milky extract with a teaspoon of honey can help to remove intestinal worms.
- Papaya juice is very potent and has anti-parasitic effects and helps to remove intestinal worms.
- Herbs such as ginger and oregano have anti-parasitic and antibacterial effects.
- Mixing a few cloves of garlic with half a cup of fruit juice can help to kill intestinal worms.
- Mix a tablespoonful of rock salt with warm water and drink it on an empty stomach. This helps to kill intestinal worms.
- Chewing cloves in the morning can eliminate intestinal worms.
- Mix a tablespoonful of freshly ground coconut with 250ml of lukewarm milk and 30ml of castor oil and having it in the morning can help to kill intestinal worms.
- Pumpkin seeds contain curcubitine, which helps to paralyze the tapeworms and this followed by a laxative can help to flush the tapeworms from the gut.
- Dried papaya seeds with honey can help to eliminate intestinal worms from the gut.
- Berries such as blackberry, cloudberry, strawberry, Arctic bramble and their extracts have polyphenols that have been found to be effective in killing intestinal worms.
- Making a paste of raw garlic and mixing it with some petroleum jelly and applying it around the anal region can help to reduce the itching caused by the intestinal worms and this also helps to kill the eggs of the parasites.
- Eating black walnuts can help to get rid of intestinal worms.
- Wormseed is a popular herbal remedy to remove tapeworms, hookworms, and roundworms in tropical regions.
- Eating 10 grams of jaggery in the morning on an empty stomach and after 15 minutes, having half a teaspoon of carom seeds along with water can help to eliminate intestinal worms.
- You can use the bark, stem, and root of pomegranate to kill intestinal worms.
- Extracting the juice from the Indian aloe leaves and boiling it in water and drinking this can help to kill intestinal worms.
- Mixing turmeric powder in water or buttermilk and drinking it can help to get rid of intestinal worms and also cure other gastrointestinal issues.