FAMCIMAC 250 has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of FAMCIMAC 250
Famciclovir is used in the treatment of herpes zoster, which is Painful rash with blisters on the skin in a localised area.
It is used in suppressing recurring instances of Herpes simplex 2 type virus, which causes sores around the mouth. It is also used in HIV patients to prevent the recurring instance of Herpes simplex virus.
Side Effects Of FAMCIMAC 250
Mild fever, nausea, headache and mild stomach upset are common side effects. Mood changes, kidney problems, dizziness and drowsiness are rare, but more severe side effects.
Contraindications Of FAMCIMAC 250
Contraindications Of Salt: Famciclovir
People with a medical history of kidney problems and nursing mothers should inform the doctor. Pregnant women should use this medicine only under doctor's supervision.
Herpes is caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). There are two types of HSV: HSV-1 and HSV-2. HSV-1 is the most common cause of oral herpes, and HSV-2 is the most common cause of genital herpes. However, both viruses can cause oral and genital infections with practically identical symptoms.
The herpes virus normally enters the body through mucous membranes (especially mouth and genitals) and skin. It travels along the nerve endings to the base of spine, where it stays by feeding off nutrients produced by body cells.
Shingle is an infection leading to a painful red skin rash that reflects on the skin in the form of a red strip, band, or a small patch. This appears in the form of blisters mainly on the torso, face, back and neck.
Symptoms Treated With FAMCIMAC 250
Common symptoms of herpes are a pain, itching, small pores, blisters, ulcers, sores, fever, and swollen glands.
The most common symptoms observed in shingles are:
- Red rashes, itching.
- Painful, fluid/pus-filled blisters that break easily.
- Mild Flu.
- Tingling, Joint pain, difficulty urinating.
- Weakness and pain in the muscles.
Causes of diseases where FAMCIMAC 250 is used
The common causes of herpes transmission are kissing, skin-to-skin direct contact during anal, vaginal, or oral sex with someone who already has an active herpes infection.
Shingles are usually caused by the varicella zoster virus, which also causes chickenpox. So, the skin condition resembles that of the latter.
- As a person ages, the chances of getting Shingles increases.
- Certain diseases such as HIV/AIDS or cancer can trigger Shingles in the body.
- Stress-related encounters are also accountable for Shingles.
- The dormant virus in the nervous system can also be triggered by certain drugs.
Best Foods With FAMCIMAC 250
Many types of research have proven that food rich in lysine help in reducing the replication of herpes virus and shortening the duration of an outbreak.
Some of the lysine rich foods are:
- Fruits: Apples, figs, pears, mangoes, apricots.
- Vegetables: Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, Beans, beets and potatoes.
- Dairy: Yoghurt (which doesn’t contain gluten or corn syrup), milk.
- Meats: Beef, lamb, fish and chicken.
A proper diet plays a major role in the effective management of shingles. The best foods recommended for shingles are:
- Fish: Fishes are a rich source of amino acid, Lysine, which inhibits the growth of the virus.
- Red meat: It is rich in iron, vitamin C and the essential amino acid, lysine.
- Garlic and onions: They are excellent sources of antioxidants and anti-microbial agents.
- Bananas: They contain high levels of vitamin B-6 which is essential for a healthy central nervous system.
- Milk, Yogurt, Cheese: Contain high levels of lysine that are good for reducing the skin infection.
- Green leaves: Contain high levels of zinc, vitamin C and other essential nutrients for rejuvenating the immunity system in the body. These include lettuce, kale, cabbage, parsley, etc.
Worst Foods With FAMCIMAC 250
What Are The Worst Foods For Herpes simplex
- Certain food actually can accelerate the growth of herpes virus. Foods rich in substances like arginine, caffeine drinks, sugar, sweets, processed foods etc. actually give birth to/ accelerate the growth of herpes virus. Some of these foods can impair the immune system of a person and thus make them more vulnerable to the herpes virus. Hence, the following foods should be avoided if you have herpes virus infection or prevent it:
- Arginine rich foods like nuts, gelatine, coconut, brown rice, wheat germ, seeds, lentils, oats, peanut butter, dried beans.
- Caffeine Drinks And Foods like coffee, soda, cake, frozen yoghurt, cappuccino, tea, ice cream, cookies.
- Corn Syrup / Sugar / Sweets
- Processed Foods like whole wheat bread, pizza, bakery products, pasta.
- Chocolate: It has amino acid ‘Arginine’ which promotes the growth of the virus.
- Processed foods: These don’t provide any nutrition to the body.
- Alcohol and other acidic beverages: Alcohol disturbs the normal metabolism in the body and promotes the growth of microbes.
- Caffeinated drinks: Such drinks change the normal functioning of the body and increase acidity that reduces healing process of Shingles. These include energy drinks, coffee, carbonated drinks, etc.
Do's With Usage of FAMCIMAC 250
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Herpes simplex
- Complete the course of medication, even if symptoms subside before completion.
- Wash your hands frequently so that infection doesn’t pass on to others.
- Maintain strong immune system by taking care of your diet.
For proper management of shingles, one must follow:
- It is prudent to keep the rash clean and dry for stopping the infection from growing.
- Clean the skin occasionally.
- Use coconut oil over the rashes to nourish the skin and prevent itching.
- Disinfected articles are to be used in patient care.
- Application of calamine lotion is helpful in reducing the painful irritation.
- Wear loose-fitting apparels for avoiding contact with the rash, leading to irritation.
Dont's With Usage Of FAMCIMAC 250
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Herpes simplex
- Herpes infections are contagious. You can infect other people, even during your treatment. Avoid touching people or allowing infected areas come into contact with other people.
- Don’t touch an infected area and then your eyes.
- Do not share the towel, clothes, combs etc. with others.
- If you or your partner has genital herpes, refrain from sex till it is cured. However, latex condoms are safe to use to avoid spreading the infection.
- Avoid contact with individuals affected by shingles or chickenpox.
- Don’t share used articles or non-disinfected articles.
- Do not apply rub-on antibiotic ointments and creams as they will slow down the healing process.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfFAMCIMAC 250
One can get shingles from own chickenpox virus. Even after infection, the causative virus might remain in the nervous system for years. Thus, take care to not to expose to the triggering factors.