FESTIVE D 10ML DROPS has the following salts in its composition
1) Ofloxacin 2) Dexamethasone
Uses Of FESTIVE D 10ML DROPS
Ofloxacin is used to treat certain Bacterial Infections like:
Dexamethasone, a corticosteroid, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Rheumatic problems (auto immune diseases)
- Severe allergies, many skin diseases, brain swelling
- Tuberculosis (In combination of antibiotics)
- Asthma, Croup (upper airway infection)
- Adrenal insufficiency (adrenal gland does not produce sufficient amount of steroid hormones).
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (low levels of platelets)
- Diabetic macular oEdema (accumulation of Fluid in macula of retina of eye)
- Central retinal vein occlusion
- Acute endophthalmitis (inflammation of intraocular cavities of eye) along with antibiotics inflammation
- Ankylosing spondylitis ( inflammatory Arthritis of spine and joints)
Side Effects Of FESTIVE D 10ML DROPS
Side Effects Of Salt: Ofloxacin
Please tell your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms for long:
- Upset stomach
- Trouble sleeping
The most common side effects of Dexamethasone are:
- Nausea / vomiting / dizziness
- Increased appetite, weight gain
- Insomnia, Depression
- Increased risk of infection
- Confusion, Irritability
Sometimes severe (but rare) side effects are
- High blood glucose, Low potassium levels
- Unusual tiredness
- Unusual digestion upset
- Blood in stools / black stools
- Congestive heart failure
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of FESTIVE D 10ML DROPS
Contraindications Of Salt: Ofloxacin
Before taking ofloxacin, please inform your doctor your medical history of:
- Seizure disorders, conditions which increase the risk of seizures (e.g. brain tumours, brain/head injury)
- Liver disease
- Nerve problems like peripheral neuropathy
- Kidney disease
- Joint/tendon problems like tendonitis, bursitis
- Myasthenia gravis.
Contraindications Of Salt: Dexamethasone
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Dexamethasone or any other allergies
- Diabetes, Psychoses
- Peptic ulcers, Hypertension
- Infectious diseases (Herpes simplex, keratitis)
- Untreated tuberculosis
- High cholesterol
- In efficiency of hypothalamus and pituitary gland
- Wide angle glaucoma
- Bacteria are the single celled, microscopic organisms which are essential for many processes of human body and a few of them are responsible for causing harm. A bacterial infection refers to the condition when there is accumulation of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body.
An allergy is an autoimmune response called a hypersensitivity reaction. This means that the body's immune system is acting in a way that is detrimental or has consequences that that affects the body- The body's immune system "overreacts" to a particular trigger, and thus your immune system is called "hypersensitive."
The severity of this overreaction of the immune system differs from person to person. Some people may have a mild reaction (sometimes only referred to as a sensitivity and not an allergy), while others may have severe anaphylactic reactions that can be life-threatening.
Eczema, food allergies, allergic rhinitis, medication allergies and anaphylactic reactions can all be grouped under the term "allergy." No specific causes of allergies have been found although genetics play the biggest role in predisposing to allergies.
People who suffer from allergies have different triggers that cause an allergic reaction. The first time someone is exposed to a trigger, the body's immune system forms antibodies against the particular allergen. This is called sensitization.
When the immune system encounters the allergic trigger for the second time, the antibodies will react to the trigger and cause an allergic response. Sometimes the allergic response can worsen with every exposure, for example, seen in patients with bee-sting allergies. The first bee sting might not be severe, but the third or fourth reaction could be life-threatening. Most of the time, the allergic response stays the same in severity.
Often people who suffer from allergies had what we call an atopic triad in childhood- this triad of allergies include atopic dermatitis (eczema), food allergies and asthma.
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
Symptoms Treated With FESTIVE D 10ML DROPS
- The symptoms of bacterial infections are running nose, cough, headache, restlessness. The signs of bacterial infection can be easily confused with viral infection; doctors can make out the difference by examining particular signs.
What Are The Symptoms Of Allergy
The symptoms of allergies are because of a release of a substance called histamines from the immune system.
The symptoms of allergies depend on the type of allergy:
Acute anaphylaxis may be potentially life-threatening. This may present with a red skin rash, swelling of the airways, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, cardiovascular collapse and will lead to death if not treated.
A red itchy skin rash (wheal and flare reaction) is common in food allergies, chemical allergies (e.g. latex allergy), medication allergies and allergic reactions to insect bites.
Food allergies may present with a skin rash, itchy or swollen airways or gastrointestinal upsets.
Allergic rhinitis presents with a runny nose, teary eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion. Allergic rhinitis is one of the medical conditions that have the worst impact on quality of life.
Eczema usually presents in childhood with a dry, itchy rash, usually affecting the skin over joint surfaces.
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
Causes of diseases where FESTIVE D 10ML DROPS is used
- Bacterial Infections can be caught by someone’s sneezing, coughing, sex, contaminated food or water, infected pets or livestock.
What Are The Causes Of Allergy
Genetics is the biggest link to allergies.
There has recently been much discussion about the increasing prevalence of allergies seen in the developed world. This increase is thought to be attributed to a decreased exposure to allergens and toxins in childhood, because of "over-hygienic" parenting. This is referred to in the media is the "hygiene hypothesis."
Children who are exposed to more bacteria and allergens in childhood have shown to have lower incidences of allergies.
Triggers for allergies are numerous. The common triggers are:
- House dust mites and dust
- Pollen and grass
- Animal dander
- Nuts- especially peanuts
- Milk and soy
- Shellfish and iodine-containing foods
- Medications such as penicillin, sulphonamide
- Chemicals such as latex
- Insect toxins such as bee-stings
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
Worst Foods With FESTIVE D 10ML DROPS
Foods that must not be consumed if suffering from Bacterial Infection are:
- Unpasteurized and contaminated dairy products
- Protein foods (raw meat, tofu, eggs and fish)
- Raw and dirty fruits15vegetable sprouts
- Salads from market
- Refrigerated salsa
- Uncooked grain and miso products
- Brewed tea
- Unpasteurized juices
- Herbal Supplements
What Are The Worst Foods For Allergy
- If you are allergic to any food substance, avoidance of that particular food is prudent.
- Spicy foods induce a histaminic response. It may worsen your allergy in some cases. Use with discretion.
- Raw fruits and vegetables may sometimes aggravate allergies because of pesticides and pollen. Cooking your vegetables can lower the allergic response related to this.
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
Do's With Usage of FESTIVE D 10ML DROPS
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bacterial Infections
- The habit of washing hands frequently must be developed.
- Keep the household objects that are used by many clean (Telephones, keys, doorknobs, taps, sink etc.).
- Wash fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- Toys for toddlers must be kept clean.
- Get properly vaccinated.
- Take care of general well being.
- Keep your ears neat.
- Don’t use cotton swabs, hairpins or clips for cleaning your ears.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Allergy
- Screen yourself for your particular allergen triggers through skin prick or blood tests.
- Trigger avoidance is the biggest component of allergy treatment.
- If you suffer from severe allergic reactions, always carry your adrenaline pen with you.
- It would be wise to keep your chronic medications on you, in the case of an acute allergic episode.
- Wear a medical alert bracelet if you have any life-threatening allergies.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
Dont's With Usage Of FESTIVE D 10ML DROPS
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bacterial Infections
- Avoid consuming contaminated or easily mishandled food.
- Don’t consume stale food
- Avoid smoking and being a passive smoker.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Allergy
- Don't leave allergies untreated as they have a significant impact on quality of life.
- Don't smoke. Smoking increases inflammation in the body and can worsen allergic reactions; this is especially true if you suffer from airway allergies such as allergic rhinitis or asthma.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfFESTIVE D 10ML DROPS
What Are The Tips For Allergy
Probiotics are useful in food sensitivities to restore intestinal flora balance. An elimination diet may lower inflammation in the body and help reduce allergies.
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.