FLEXIB 50 MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of FLEXIB 50 MG TABLET
Rofecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Pain, stiffness, and inflammation caused due to rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis (a type of arthritis where ends of bones wear down) and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (chronic inflammatory disease).
- Menstrual pain, migraine
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (arthritis of spine)
- Gout (swelling of joints), post-operative pain
Side Effects Of FLEXIB 50 MG TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Rofecoxib
Some common side effects that may be caused by the administration of Rofecoxib are:
- Dizziness, fatigue
- Diarrhoea, high blood pressure, nausea
- Vomiting, abdominal pain
- A headache, constipation
- Heartburn, edema
- Gastritis, palpitations
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of FLEXIB 50 MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Rofecoxib
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug rofecoxib or any other allergies.
- Stomach/ kidney/ liver problems
- Heart diseases, stroke
- Arthritis is a name collectively given to the various types of joint pains (over 100 types). Permanent changes can occur to the joints due to arthritis and a few types of arthritis can also damage the lungs, kidneys, heart, eyes, or skin.
Menstrual cramps, also known as dysmenorrhea are the cramping or throbbing pains that you get in your lower abdomen or back, just before or during your menstrual period. Most women experience menstrual cramps sometime during their lives while menstruating. Menstrual cramps may just be a mild discomfort or for some women, these can be so severe as to hamper their daily activities during the days when they have their period.
Menstrual cramps normally start a year or two when you begin having your period. And may decrease slowly over time and get less painful as you grow older and sometimes may stop completely when you have a baby. Sometimes, menstrual cramps may also be caused due to some underlying problem such as endometriosis or uterine fibroids.
- Migraine is a result of some abnormal activities in the brain that cause a severe headache. This is accompanied by over-sensitivity to light, sound or particular kind of smells.
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is also known as degenerative joint disease, degenerative arthritis is a chronic condition that can harm any join. However, the most likely affected parts are knees, hips, lower back, and neck, small joints of the fingers, thumb and the big toes’ base.
Symptoms Treated With FLEXIB 50 MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Arthritis
- The most common symptoms are pain and swelling of joints, joints getting stiff and reduced range of movements.
Some of the symptoms of menstrual cramps are:
- Discomfort or throbbing or cramping pain in your belly or lower abdomen (sometimes it can be quite intense)
- Pressure in your belly
- Pain that radiates to your inner thighs, hips and the lower back
- When the pain is very severe, it may cause symptoms including:
- Loose stools
- Upset stomach accompanied by vomiting
What Are The Symptoms Of Migraine
- Though not all the migraine pains are similar, few common symptoms are: moderate to severe throbbing pain in either side of the head, which increases during any physical activity, sweating, temperature change of the body, abdominal pain, nausea, pain in the eyes etc.. There may be sensitivity to noise, smell and light.
- Joint pain and stiffness are the major symptoms. Pain, decreased the range of movement, medication’s side-effects can further deteriorate the well-being. The decreased mobility due to OA in the knee or hip-joint can be a cause of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Causes of diseases where FLEXIB 50 MG TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Arthritis
- The cause behind arthritis depends on the type of arthritis. The causes may range from injury, genetic factors, infections, misdirected immune system with autoimmunity. Though more common among adults, but people of any age can suffer from Arthritis.
- Cramps occur due to contractions of the uterus or the womb.
- Uterus contracts to expel the uterine lining caused by the presence of prostaglandins. A higher level of prostaglandins can cause more severe cramps.
Secondary dysmenorrhea (a problem in the reproductive organs that causes cramps).
- Endometriosis (when the endometrium or tissue lining the uterus is outside the uterus).
- PID or pelvic inflammatory disease (usually starts in the uterus and may spread to other parts of the reproductive organs and is caused by bacteria).
- Uterine fibroids (growths in the uterus).
- Adenomyosis (tissue that lines the uterus grows into the walls of the uterus).
- Cervical Stenosis (narrowing of the cervix or the lower part of the uterus).
What Are The Causes Of Migraine
Though real cause of migraine is still not known, possible causes could be:
- Central nervous disorder
- Genetic predispositions
- Abnormalities in brain chemical or nerve pathways
- Abnormalities in blood vessel system of brain, or vascular system.
- Things which can trigger the attack of migraine are skipping meals, salty foods, junk foods, hormonal changes, sensory triggers like exposure to light, noise or certain kinds of smells.
- Aging and obesity are the most common causes, though there are many more reasons that can cause OA.
Worst Foods With FLEXIB 50 MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Arthritis
- Avoid nightshade vegetables: Nightshade vegetables are like: tomatoes, white potatoes, eggplant, okra, peppers, tomatillos etc. The chemical solanine present in these leads to pain.
- Fried and Processed foods: Reducing these foods can decrease the inflammation at joints and can help regain body’s natural defence.
- Advanced glycation end product (toxin present in the heated, grilled, fried or pasteurized food). These result in inflammation.
- Sugars and Refined carbs increase the Advanced Glycation End product that worsens arthritis
- Alcohol and Tobacco: Alcohol increases the risk of gout and smoking leads to rheumatoid arthritis
- Salt & Preservatives: These lead to the inflammation of joints.
- Avoid foods that cause water retention in the body and bloating.
- Avoid fatty and fried foods like chips, fries, baked food, etc. as they worsen the symptoms of menstrual cramps.
- Avoid carbonated beverages and fizzy drinks like cola, soda, etc. as they cause bloating and increase the pain during periods.
- Cut down on salt in your diet or eliminate salt and avoid salty foods like bacon, canned foods, chips, packaged foods, etc. as they cause water retention and bloating and worsen the pain caused due to menstrual cramps.
- Avoid sugar and sugary foods like candy, jellies, ice cream, pastries, cakes, etc. as sugar increase menstrual cramping and pain. If you feel like having something sweet have fruits like raspberries, strawberries, etc. instead.
- Avoid foods with Omega-6 fatty acids like corn oil, safflower oil, etc., as these fats produce inflammatory substances and aggravate the menstrual pain.
What Are The Worst Foods For Migraine
Foods that trigger a migraine and other headaches and must be avoided are:
- Pickled, fermented or marinated foods contain Monosodium Glutamine (MSG), that stimulates a migraine
- Asian foods, especially the Chinese foods, contain MSG in the flavouring, so must be avoided
- Caffeine (chocolates, tea, coffee, sodas, energy drinks)
- Aged Cheese: Tyramine, a monoamine found in blue cheese, Parmesan, Cheddar induce a migraine. Smoked fish and sausages also contain the same
- Preservative Sodium Nitrate found in various fast foods must not be consumed
- Onions contain tyramine that induces a migraine
- Artificial sugar containing drinks must not be consumed
- Alcohol, the red wine specifically. Though beer and white wine can also lead to a migraine.
What Are The Worst Foods For Osteoarthritis
Foods that make Osteoarthritis worse are:
- Refined carbohydrates
- Meat and Eggs
- Trans fats
Do's With Usage of FLEXIB 50 MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Arthritis
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
- Maintain weight
- Regular Exercise
- Massaging painful joints and muscles
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Menstrual cramps
- If the cramps are mild, you can take aspirin or a mild pain reliever.
- You can use a hot water bottle or heat pad to relieve the pain in your tummy or back.
- Taking a warm bath can help to provide relief from pain.
- If you are having a lot of pain, it is a good idea to rest.
- Taking dietary supplements such as omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, vitamin B1 and B6 and magnesium can help to alleviate menstrual cramps.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Migraine
To relax from the migraine pain or other headaches, do the following:
- Lavender oil can be inhaled or applied directly to reduce the pain
- Peppermint oil stimulates a proper flow of oxygen into the bloodstream as this is the major cause of a migraine
- Basil oil relaxes the muscles and helps reduce a headache caused due to tension or tight muscles.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Osteoarthritis
To prevent or reduce Osteoarthritis, take care of the following:
- Manage a healthy weight
- Regular Exercise
- Avoid Joint Injuries
- Wear shoes with proper fitting, shock absorbing shoes
- Cool down after physical activities.
Dont's With Usage Of FLEXIB 50 MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Arthritis
- Don’t wear flip-flops or uncomfortable footwear.
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Menstrual cramps
- Avoid psychological stress and anxiety, as this can increase the severity of the menstrual cramps.
- Don’t take painkillers on an empty stomach as they will worsen the condition of pain in the stomach.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Migraine
- Don’t spend too much time in front of the computer, mobile or any other electronic gadget.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Osteoarthritis
- Don’t bend knees past 90 degrees while doing half knee bends
- Avoid running on concrete.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfFLEXIB 50 MG TABLET
What Are The Tips For Arthritis
- Therapies like acupuncture and aromatherapy can help.
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.
- Research reveals that massaging your abdomen, back and side can provide relief from menstrual cramps. So, having a massage therapy for around 20 minutes can help in reducing pain.
- Studies show that exercising regularly or physical activity can help to prevent menstrual cramps. So, it is a good idea to follow a regular exercise routine. You can also do some yoga a few days before your period as yoga can help to reduce the pain during your period.
- Taking herbal supplements like fennel, pycnogenol, dill, cinnamon and ginger can help to lessen the severity and provide relief from menstrual cramp pain, as they contain anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic compounds that reduce the inflammation and swelling during periods.
- Alternative therapies like acupressure and acupuncture involve stimulating specific points of the body and can help to relieve menstrual cramps.
What Are The Tips For Migraine
Lifestyle Changes to prevent the migraine pains:
- Have a proper sleep cycle with fixed sleeping and waking up time
- Regular Exercise
- Consume regular meals, as the dip in the sugar level, can be a cause of a migraine
- Drink adequate amount of water as dehydration can also be a cause of a migraine
- Stress is a major cause of a migraine, de-stress yourself through meditation, yoga, calm music or walk
- Additional therapies along with prescription like acupuncture, massage, and talk therapy can help reduce the ailment.
- Consume balanced diet
- Sleep Well
- Use hot and cold compresses for the affected joint to decrease pain, stiffness and swelling.