FLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Tamsulosin (0.4mg) 2) Dutasteride
Uses Of FLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET
It is used to improve urination in men with suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate). It works by relaxing the muscles of bladder and prostate itself and thus making the flow of urine easier.
It also helps in the passage of kidney stones.
Dutasteride is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Symptoms of enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Urine blockage
Side Effects Of FLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET
Some of the common side-effects may be:
- Abnormal ejaculation,
- Diarrhoea, nausea
- Decreased amount of semen;
- Back pain;
- Blurred vision
Rare side effects may be:
- Fainting, dizziness
- Painful or prolonged erection
Consult your doctor if any of the side effects worsen.
The most common side effects of cyproheptadine are:
- Decreased interest in sex.
- Testicle pain/swelling.
- Decreased amount of semen.
- Increased breast size (or) tenderness.
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Allergic reactions such as a rash.
- Severe dizziness.
- Trouble breathing.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of FLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Kidney disease
- Cataract or glaucoma Surgery
Contraindications Of Salt: Dutasteride
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug dutasteride or any other allergies.
- Liver problems.
- Low sperm count.
- Breast feeding.
This disease commonly known as BPH is an enlarged prostate. This prostate gland surrounds the urethra or a bigger prostate may squeeze and block the urethra. It is a very common disease and occurs with almost all the men whereas all men over age 50 have BPH, and it’s not a severe problem. This disease is also believed as a cause of cancer, but it is just a myth.
Hard deposits of acid salts and minerals that stick together in concentrated urine are called kidney stones. They are quite painful while passing through the urinary tract. They are usually not noticed till they cause trouble and usually don't cause permanent damage. Many small stones pass out without trouble.
Kidney stones can be of different types: uric acid, calcium oxalate, calcium phosphate, and cysteine.
Symptoms Treated With FLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET
- Sometimes, there is hardly any symptom of the disease as it includes mild and hardly noticeable pain but very rarely it can be serious too. The symptoms become worse during the winter season and also due to stress. Generally, the symptoms of BPH involve problems related to bladder storage and emptying. Some of the most common symptoms are: -
- Frequent Urination.
- Weakness in the flow of urine.
- An uncontrollable urge to urinate.
- Pain during urination.
- Bleeding in urination.
- Waking at the night to urinate.
- Bladder spasm.
What Are The Symptoms Of Kidney Stone
- Extreme pain in the side of the abdomen, back or groin.
- Painful or frequent urination. Blood in urine.
- Nausea and vomiting.
Kidney stones can be diagnosed by blood test, urine test or imaging (X-ray, CT scan).
Causes of diseases where FLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET is used
The actual cause of BPH is still unknown whether many types of research studies have concluded some of the facts. Thus, here are some possible causes of BPH: -
- Normal ageing.
- Genetics is also a possible cause as it has been observed Africans are more likely to have this problem other than Asian men.
- Obesity as men with overweight has higher a risk than others.
- Changes in the balance of sex hormones.
Though there are no exact reasons for kidney stones, they are formed when:
- Urine contains more oxalate, calcium, and uric acid, the crystal-forming substances than the fluid in urine can dilute.
- Urine lacking substances which prevent crystals from sticking together, thus creating a good environment for kidney stones to form.
Certain factors that increase the risk of kidney stones are:
- Dehydration, obesity’
- Certain medical conditions cystinuria, renal tubular acidosis, hyperparathyroidism, some urinary tract infections.
- Certain medications, family history of kidney stones
- Digestive diseases like chronic diarrhea, inflammatory bowel disease and surgeries like gastric bypass surgery can cause changes in the digestive process affecting the absorption of water and calcium, increasing the levels of stone-forming substances in the urine.
Best Foods With FLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET
Diet plays an important role in curing or prevention from diseases. The most common recommendation about the food in Benign prostatic hyperplasia are: -
- Fresh fruits and veggies: Eat more fruits will surely be helpful and green vegetables too. Some fruits are required to avoid but most of the fruits are healthy. They are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants and thus play an important role in the body. The fruits and veggies include strawberries, watermelon, banana, apple, and peanut butter.
- Fatty fish: Omega-3 fatty acids can lower cholesterol and also maintain the right blood pressure in the body. Cut the animal fat and go for the omega-3 products. The food includes sardines, salmon, tuna, and anchovies.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts are very beneficial for the healthy prostates. They are portable and give you instant energy. They contain calcium and Vitamin-E. Nuts which are helpful are pecans, almonds, and walnuts. When it comes to seed, Sesame seed is very helpful.
- Beans: Chia, hemp seeds, and beans are full of protein and other nutrients. Adding up beans in your diet will surely boost prostate health. They contain amino acids as well as important fibre for the body.
- Green tea: Researchers say that green tea is one of the best cures available. They can help protect against prostate cancer and lower cholesterol and improves concentration ability.
What Are The Best Foods For Kidney Stone
- Eat calcium-rich foods (preferably fresh foods instead of supplements). Foods rich in calcium are cheese, seeds, yogurt, sardines, almonds, canned salmon, whey protein, green leafy vegetables etc.
- Vitamin B rich foods help people with kidney stones. Some of the rich sources of vitamin B6 are seafood, bananas, poultry, potatoes, leafy green vegetables like spinach, and fortified cereals.
Worst Foods With FLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Kidney Stone
- Reduce consumption of oxalate-rich foods: Some people tend to form calcium oxalate stones; hence their doctor may suggest them to reduce such foods. These include beets, okra, rhubarb, spinach, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, nuts, tea, black pepper, chocolate, and soy products.
- Reduce salt and animal protein. Reduce the amount of salt you eat and choose non-animal protein source.
- Since different people get different types of stones (uric acid, calcium oxalate, calcium phosphate, and cysteine), identify the type of your stone and avoid foods rich in those salts or minerals.
Do's With Usage of FLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET
Here are some tips for better management of this disease:
- Urinate at the first urge. Make sure to urinate before going to the bed.
- Regulate the fluid intake. Drink moderately.
- Relax more.
- Keep warm and exercise regularly.
- Learn special pelvic strengthening exercises.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Kidney Stone
- Drink lots of water as many small stones can just pass out naturally while urinating, thus avoiding the need for surgery. Drinking lot of water also helps in preventing kidney stones.
- If diet and medicines are not taken properly, kidney stones can come back. So, take care of your diet and complete the treatment prescribed by the doctor.
- If you work out too much or sweat too much, hydrate your body with liquids as less liquids cause less urine production, hence more chances of forming stones.
Dont's With Usage Of FLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET
Here are some don’ts which experts believe that can help the patient a lot. Thus, pay an attention to it.
- Do not drink too much of fluids.
- Do not take stress or tension about the petty things.
- Do not take painkillers and medicines without a prescription.
- Do not smoke and overeat.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Kidney Stone
- Don’t let your body dehydrate.
- Don’t take symptoms like back pain or stomach pain lightly.
- Avoid taking more than 1000mg calcium per day.
- Don’t drink too much of alcohol.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfFLOTAM D 0.4MG0.5MG TABLET
- Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Take plenty of time in urination.
- Do practice meditation and yoga for refreshing.
- Do not sit for long in the same position as it can worsen the situation.