FLUCREAM NM has the following salts in its composition
1) Miconazole 2) Chlorhexidine
Uses Of FLUCREAM NM
Miconazole is used to treat Fungal infections of vagina, also called Vaginal yeast infections. It reduces the symptoms like Itching, burning or discharge that happens due to the infection.
Chlorhexidine is an antimicrobial agent which acts as antiseptic and disinfectant.
Following are some uses of Chlorhexidine Hydrochloride:
- It is used as an antiseptic in cleaning wounds.
- It is used in dental preparations such as toothpaste and mouth wash to treat yeast infection and dental plaque.
- As a disinfectant, it is used for skin disinfection before surgery by healthcare professionals.
- It is used in Eye Infections also.
Side Effects Of FLUCREAM NM
Side Effects Of Salt: Miconazole
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Itching/ burning/ pain in urethra/ vagina
- Abdominal pain
Some of the side-effects are:
- Taste alteration
- Skin irritation
- Dryness of mouth
- Allergic reaction such as rashes, redness, itching or swelling
- Teeth discoloration
Contraindications Of FLUCREAM NM
Contraindications Of Salt: Miconazole
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Immune system problems like HIV/AIDS
Ask your doctor if you can have sex while using this medicine. This medicine may weaken the rubber products, hence causing condoms etc. to fail.
Contraindications Of Salt: Chlorhexidine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Also called as ‘Candidal Vulvovaginitis’, vaginal yeast infection is a condition where the concentration of yeast in vagina increases and that of Lactobacillus bacteria decreases. Generally, overgrowth of Candida fungus due to the decrease in Lactobacillus bacteria leads to this condition.
A kind of injury that is caused by various factors like an accident, surgery and certain diseases is called a wound. The skin may get punctured, cut, or torn to form a wound.
Wounds are classified into five categories, which depend upon their causes.
- Abrasion: When skin is scraped or rubbed against a hard or rough surface, Abrasion is caused. An example of an abrasion is a road rash. Not much of bleeding is there in abrasion, but one must get the wound scrubbed, and cleaned, to abstain from any infection.
- Incision: Incision is caused by a pointed or sharp object, like a razor blade, broken piece of glass, and knife. Incision causes a lot of bleeding. An incision, which is deep can cause damage to muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Laceration: A deep and rooted tear, or cut in the skin is called laceration. Accidental cuts with machines, tools, or knife may cause a laceration. In this, wound bleed extensively, and rapidly.
- Puncture: A small hole may be caused by a pointed, long object, like an ice pick, needles, or nail is called puncture. Even a bullet shot can result in a puncture wound. This wound is enough deep to impair the body’s internal organs, though may not bleed that much. A Puncture wound may need an immediate expert vigilance. In some cases, even tetanus is required to prevent the infection.
- Avulsion: An Avulsion is an extreme form of a wound. In this, the skin may tear away completely, or partially. This wound may occur at the time of a vicious accident like a gunshot, explosion, or body-crushing accidents. These wounds may bleed rapidly, and heavily.
Symptoms Treated With FLUCREAM NM
The common symptoms of the condition are:
- Swelling around the vagina.
- Itching around the vagina.
- Painful urination.
- Pain during sex.
- Clumpy vaginal discharge.
Certain symptoms accompanied with wounds are:
- Blood may ooze out from an injured part of the body.
- Redness on or around the affected area.
- Swelling or inflammation on or around injured area.
- Tenderness and pain are experienced in the wound.
- The Heat radiating out of the wound.
- Infection accompanied by a fever may be caused due to a wound.
- Immobilization of an affected area.
- Pus may be formed in an infected wound, which may smell foul as well.
Causes of diseases where FLUCREAM NM is used
Candida albicans and other similar organisms are recognised as the accountable organisms in this condition. Overgrowth of yeast in the vagina may be due to:
- Impaired immune system.
- Higher oestrogen levels caused by hormone therapy or birth control pills.
- Excess use of antibiotics.
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
- Poor eating habits.
Wounds are generally caused by injuries or accidents, however, the other reasons that may cause wounds are:
- Burns due to heat, and chemical.
- Extreme temperatures like frostbite.
- Certain kind of radiations.
- Some of the health conditions that can be the cause of chronic wounds are as follows:
- Sickle Cell Anaemia.
- Chronic Osteomyelitis.
- Heart Disease.
- High Cholesterol.
- Kidney Failure.
- Bowel disorders.
- Clotting, or circulation disorders, often caused by arteriosclerosis.
- Venous Insufficiency.
- Certain inflammatory diseases that can cause wounds are:
Best Foods With FLUCREAM NM
The most recommended foods to reduce and prevent yeast infections are:
- Vitamin C-rich foods: Such foods effectively inhibit fungal growth. These foods include oranges, guava, papaya, grapefruit, strawberries, pineapple, kohlrabi, brussels sprouts, etc.
- Copper, Iron-, Manganese- and fibre-rich foods: Foods containing these nutrients help in keeping the fungal infection under control. Such foods include coriander, beans, peas, almonds, spinach, sunflower seeds, beef liver, dark chocolate, nuts, whole grains, salads, etc.
- Oregano oil: It is an effective anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory agent, which is why it is good for treatment of vaginal yeast infection.
- Coconut Oil: It effectively fights against Candida fungus and has antioxidant properties.
- High-protein foods: The protein intake has to be more during this condition to promote healthy Candida levels in the body. Such foods include eggs, seeds, chicken, fish, milk products, etc.
- Vegetables: These should be added to the diet to let the infection succumb through a healthy digestive process. Such vegetables include cauliflower, cabbage, onion, tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber, etc.
What Are The Best Foods For Wound healing
To help heal the wound, certain foods can aid in speeding up the clotting process. These are as follows:
- Tomatoes: Tomato comprises of an antioxidant called lycopene, which is rare in most of the good foods. Lycopene prevents the oxidation in one’s body. Oxidation may increase the risk of the damage in the cells. Lycopene is also beneficial in boosting the immune system of the body. Thus lycopene has a great potential of diminishing the wound infection’s risk.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a phytonutrient rich vegetable. It is antioxidants that may help to reduce the inflammation in the body, along with boosting the immune system. Broccoli is rich in vitamin C, which is a mandatory component of wound healing.
- Black beans: Black beans is one of the superfoods. It is high in protein content. Consuming a ½ cup of black beans can provide 8 grams of the protein. Saturated fats and sodium contents are less in it. To enhance the process of wound healing, the most required nutrient is protein. Hence, protein deficiency may slow down the process of healing.
- Soy: Soy is a vegetarian super food. Soybean consists of a wide variety of vitamins, which may boost the immune system. Hence, the immune system helps in the fast recovery of the wound.
- Chocolate: Chocolate helps to control the blood pressure, which is a primary factor for the ability of the body to deliver nutrients, vitamins, and oxygen to the bed of the wound. Dark chocolate has a lot of antioxidants, which boost up the body’s immune system. The strong immune system helps to fight the infections.
- Lean ProteinCollagen is one of the proteins that are present in one’s body in ample amount. Collagen is an essential protein, which has a property to knit the tissues back together. Normal protein intake should be 0.8 grams per kg weight. But, to cure a wound one may need a much higher quantity of the protein. One must aim to take 1.5 to 2.0 grams of the protein per kilogram. Examples of lean protein are legumes, fish, turkey, beans, and eggs.
- Fermented Dairy: For healing a wound, patients are normally prescribed with antibiotics. These antibiotics work to kill the infection causing bacteria along with the bacteria that are good for the digestive tracts and help to digest the food and produce vitamins. These bacteria may also play an important role in boosting the immune system of one’s body. So, to produce the good bacteria one must consume fermented dairy products like yoghurt and kefir. Kefir may contribute 8-12 species of good bacteria just by a small serving, while yoghurt contributes fewer species of the good bacteria, and has lower bacterial-count.
- Vitamin C rich foods: Vitamin C rich food like bell pepper is an exceptionally healthy food for healing wounds. It helps to cross link the collagen, which is required in a healing process. Especially if one suffers from an incision, then bell-peppers should be consumed. Some other foods that provide Vitamin C are citrus fruits, broccoli, kiwi fruit, kale, and guava.
- Zinc rich foods: Zinc helps in boosting the immune system of the body, it also activates and develops body immunity cells. Hence, it plays a vital role in the healing of the wounds. Zinc also helps in cell growth and protein synthesis that is a must for the healing of a wound. Some of the zinc rich foods that one must consume, when trying to heal wounds are seeds, nuts, oyster, liver, lamb, and beef.
- Papaya and pineapple: These two fruits consist of protease enzyme, which helps to body in breaking and digesting protein. These enzymes may help to lessen down the inflammation and swelling. Hence, these fruits are really beneficial for the healing process of the wound.
Worst Foods With FLUCREAM NM
The foods that promote the growth of yeast are to be avoided. Few are:
- Sweets: Excess sugar helps in the growth of microbes. Avoid consuming candies, processed soups, fruit juice, etc.
- Baked bread: Made using yeast, these foods promote the growth of fungus. So, avoid consuming cookies, cakes, pastries, doughnuts and anything that is baked using sugar. Also, avoid products containing white bread.
- Dry fruits: Dry fruits have higher risks of being contaminated with fungus. So, avoid walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, coconuts, etc.
- Alcohol and other beverages: Alcohol serves a great medium for the growth of fungus. These include all alcoholic drinks, coffee, cereal beverages, etc.
- Sauces: Sauces can undergo fermentation and help in the growth of microbes. So, avoid ketchup, pasta sauces, and anything sauce with sugar in it.
- Pasta: Avoid consuming pasta bread, especially made from white flour. These can lead to further infection. These include fried noodles, ramen, semolina, farina, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Wound healing
Some foods that delay or hinder the healing process of a wound may be as mentioned below:
- Nitrate-Rich Foods: Blood vessels in one’s body help the chemicals and cells to move. The movement of chemicals and cells are necessary to heal the wound. By consuming nitrate rich food, these blood vessels can get damaged. A condition known as atherosclerosis can be caused by excessive consumption of nitrate rich foods. In this case, fatty plaques can be formed in the blood vessels which can lead to the rupture of the blood vessels and can further delay the healing process. In addition to these issues, nitrate-rich foods can cause different types of bleeding disorders, heart attack, and even strokes. A few nitrate containing foods are various kinds of processed meats like bacon, deli meats, and hot dogs.
- Spices and spicy foods: Spices may add flavour to the food, but it can be proved harmful during the process of wound healing. Various spices can hinder the process of wound healing, by delaying the clot formation. Some of the spices that may cause wound healing difficult are red pepper, and black pepper
Do's With Usage of FLUCREAM NM
Prudent tips for the management of vaginal yeast infection include:
- Washing underwear with hot water.
- Following a healthy and balanced diet.
- Cleaning the infected area frequently.
- Replacing feminine products often.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Wound healing
One must follow these tips to prevent, and cure wounds:
- Proper cleaning of the wound: One may clean his/her wound with flowing, clean water.
- Applying the pressure gently on the wound by using a clean sterilized bandage or a clean cloth is advised. Application of the pressure restricts the collagen to ooze out of the wound, above the skin level, as the wound heals.
- Wound Massage is advised: Gently and evenly massage the area near the wound with clean fingers. Doing this helps the collagen to break down, which further reduce the chances of scar formation or make them less noticeable.
- Get the dressing changed time to time: It is important to get the dressing changed timely either by an expert or by oneself, to avoid infection.
Dont's With Usage Of FLUCREAM NM
- Avoid wearing tight underwear and pants.
- Don’t wear wet clothes for too long.
- Avoid using hot tubs for bathing.
- Avoid vaginal douching.
- Avoid using scented sanitary napkins.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Wound healing
Avoid certain things to heal the wounds faster, which are as follows:
- Do not scratch the wounds: Wound may cause itching, but Scratching of a wound can worsen the condition of the wound.
- Do not pick the scabs: Scabs may protect the bruise from the dirt. Scabs may get peeled off as the wound heals.
- Do not smoke: Smoking slowdowns the healing process and may cause certain healing complications.
- Do not let the wound exposed to the air till advised by the doctor: Air exposure to the wounds may cause a decrease in the healing rate of a wound. Certain cells involved in the process may require a moist environment.
- Do not Stay out in the sun for too long: The healing process may slow down due to the exposure to the UV rays.
- Do not use Hydrogen peroxide on the wound: It may cleanse the wound, however, causes damage to the new cell growth, which may slow down the process of healing.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfFLUCREAM NM
- Applying coconut oil or tea tree oil cream externally around the infected part provides relief from symptoms.
- Make sure that hands are clean before applying creams or oils for treatment around the vagina.
- Avoid certain drugs that may hinder the body’s healing process.
- Give attention to the hygiene conditions of the wound.