FRAXIPARINE 0.4 has the following salts in its composition
1) Nadroparin calcium
Uses Of FRAXIPARINE 0.4
Nadroparin calcium is a low molecular weight heparin (LMWHs) used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Thromboembolic disorders (pulmonary embolism (blockage of an artery in lungs), deep vein thrombosis (DVT))
- Clotting during hemodialysis
- Unstable angina
- Myocardial infarction (blockage of the flow of blood to heart muscles).
Side Effects Of FRAXIPARINE 0.4
Some common side effects that may after taking nadroparin calcium are:
- Bleeding gums, over bleeding
- Injection site reactions like swelling/ itching/pain
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of FRAXIPARINE 0.4
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug nadroparin calcium or any other allergies.
- Liver disease, blood clotting disorder
A feeling of squeezing or pressure in the chest may be associated with angina. It may be a feeling like a heart attack, however, most of the times; it is considered as a warning sign of the future heart attack.
The chest pain (angina) can happen if the sufficient amount of blood is not flowing into the parts of the heart. It is regarded as a symptom of the heart disease. It can occur if anything blocks the arteries or there is a decreased blood flow in some arteries. Arteries are responsible in order to bring the oxygen-rich blood in the heart.
Angina generally goes away in a short period of time. But, it can be an alarming sign of a life-risking heart problem. It is very important to get checked by a specialist as early as possible in order to avoid a heart attack.
Angina can be of different types as follows:
- Stable angina: It is the most common type of angina. It can be triggered by the physical activities or stress. It can last for a few minutes and goes away when an individual takes rest. Stable angina is not a heart attack, although it can be an alarming sign of developing heart attack in the near future. A Specialist should be consulted without any delay.
- Unstable angina: An individual can experience this type of angina while he/she is not very active or taking rest. The pain, associated with it, can be strong as well as long-lasting. It can frequently come back. It is considered as a signal of developing heart attack very soon. So, a Specialist should be consulted in this regard as soon as possible.
- Prinzmetal's angina (or variant angina): It is a rare type of angina that can happen at night in the time of resting or sleeping. The arteries in the heart can suddenly narrow or tightened. It can be associated with lots of pain and individuals should be given the proper treatment as soon as possible.
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) triggers when there is a blood clot formation in a vein that is present deep inside the body. This blood clot, which is solid and gelatine-like in form, form mostly in the thigh or lower leg of the person. However, DVT can also develop in other sections of the body.
Symptoms Treated With FRAXIPARINE 0.4
Chest pain (angina) that is experienced in the chest region can be associated with the following symptoms:
- Pressure, squeezing
- Tightening, heaviness
- Aching or burning across the chest, it usually starts behind the breastbone.
The particular pain can be spread into the jaw, neck, throat, shoulders, teeth, or back. Sometimes, patients can also complain of the following symptoms:
- Heartburn, indigestion
- Sweating, shortness of breath.
- Weakness, nausea
Stable angina generally lasts for a small period of time. Sometimes, it may feel like indigestion or gas. Unstable angina generally occurs at a resting position. It can be a surprising effect as well as lasts longer and may be complicated over time. Another type of angina is variant angina that generally occurs at a resting posting and can be severe.
It is hard to diagnose a case of DVT as there are no specific symptoms for this condition. However, here are some of the ones that were commonly found in patients.
- Pain in calf, foot or leg muscles - usually on just one side.
- Warmness and tenderness in skin
- The bluish, reddish, or pale skin over the affected area.
- Severe pain in the foot and ankle.
Causes of diseases where FRAXIPARINE 0.4 is used
Chest pain (angina) usually occurs due to a heart disease. If a fatty substance (plaque) builds up in the arteries, then it can block the normal blood flow to the heart muscles. For this particular situation, the heart is forced in order to work with less oxygen. It results in pain. The arteries can also be associated with the blood clots that can result in heart attacks.
Some of the less common causes of the angina are as follows:
- If a major artery of the lungs (called pulmonary embolism) is associated with a blockage, then the angina can develop.
- If a valve in the central part of the heart (aortic stenosis) gets narrowed, then the angina can occur.
- A thickened or enlarged heart (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) can develop this particular situation.
- If the sac associated with heart (pericarditis), experiences swelling, then angina may develop.
- Tearing of the aorta (the largest artery in the body) wall can develop this situation.
DVT occurs due to a number of reasons. Some of the main causes are:
- Due to physical inactivity: When a person's body is physically inactive, there are chances of blood clots to form in the lower body, especially in the legs after a long duration of inactivity.
- Due to an operation: There are high chances of acquiring a blood clot after an operation as DVT has more tendency of occurring due to physical inactivity. Any operation that is over 90 minutes can trigger chances of DVT.
- Abdominal or inflammatory conditions like Appendicitis can also cause chances of DVT.
- Confinement to a bed or chair (without walking or moving legs) for more than three days can cause the blood flow to slow down in the body, increasing the risk of DVT.
- Damage in blood vessels can lead to their narrowing or blocking. This can lead to blood clot formation.
- Injuries due to muscle damage or broken bones can also cause DVT.
- Inflammation of blood vessels (Vasculitis).
- Chemotherapy can damage blood vessels, leading to DVT.
- Medical and Genetic Conditions: Any medical or genetic condition that causes blood to clot increase chances of DVT. Some of these are heart or lung diseases, cancer treatments, rheumatoid arthritis, thrombophilia, hepatitis, dehydration, obesity, over the age of 60, etc.
Best Foods With FRAXIPARINE 0.4
Following foods can be consumed when suffering from angina pain after consulting with the doctor:
- Fibre-rich foods: These types of foods help in maintaining a lower cholesterol level and thus prevent chest pain (angina). Such types of foods are beans, oats, peas, barley, apples, citrus, and psyllium.
- Consume lean proteins: Lean proteins such as fish, skinless chicken, and beans are helpful in preventing chest pain (angina).
- Vitamin C rich foods: Consuming vitamin C rich diet helps to keep the cholesterol under control. Good cholesterol level significantly decreases the risk of angina pain. Vitamin C rich foods that one must consume are oranges, grapes, pineapple, broccoli, etc.
A balanced diet is important for keeping the blood flow regulated in DVT. So, here are some food items that can help:
- Ginger and Lemon: Blood clots can be reduced with the help of ginger and lemon in the diet. These are great for the improvement of the blood circulation in the vessels.
- Spinach Juice: Juice that has been prepared from the leaves of spinach is helpful in regulating the blood pressure.
- Fibre-rich foods: Fibre helps in strengthening cardiovascular activities in the body of the patient so it is advisable to add such foods in the diet. These foods are broccoli, whole wheat bread, artichokes, lima beans, lentils, blackberries, raspberries, etc.
- Vitamin C-rich foods: Vitamin C helps to maintain a healthy vascular state in the body. Foods that are rich in vitamin C are oranges, lemon, acerola cherry, strawberries, black currant, papaya, and citrus fruits.
- Garlic: Garlic is good for patients who have cardiac problems. It helps with the regulation of the blood flow, which is why it is great for DVT patients.
- Pepper and Capsicum: These foods are helpful in keeping the blood platelets apart in the vessels - hence, avoiding blood clot formation.
Worst Foods With FRAXIPARINE 0.4
Following foods should not be consumed in the case of angina pain:
- Consume less red meat: Red meat, such as lamb, pork, goat, veal, etc. is rich in saturated fat that enhances the cholesterol levels. An individual should try to consume one meat-free meal on a regular basis in order to prevent angina.
- Limit your salt intake: Salt can cause fluid retention that can enhance the blood pressure as well as can worsen chest pain. High sodium foods that one must avoid to reduce the risk of angina are pickles, pizza, etc.
- Vitamin K-rich foods: Vitamin K limits the effect of Coumadin, which is needed for the treatment of DVT patients. So, doctors’ advice patients to avoid consuming foods rich in Vitamin K, such as spring onions, cabbage, green leafy vegetables (however, spinach juice can be taken), collards, prunes, etc.
- Fatty foods: Fat-containing foods reduce the size of the blood vessels by sticking to the inner walls, hence reducing blood flow. So, foods like nuts, cheese, dark chocolate, avocados, etc., should be avoided.
- Limit animal fats in your diet.
Do's With Usage of FRAXIPARINE 0.4
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Chest pain (angina)
- To protect oneself from angina, following things can be done after consulting with the doctor:
- Before initiating any prolonged physical activity like having intercourse or walking uphill, consider taking nitroglycerin (ask your doctor before taking it).
- Consider Deep breathing: Stress is one of the major causes of angina pain. Therefore, it is important to manage stress. Stress can be released by performing deep breathing.
- Maintain a healthy weight: A healthy weight should be maintained in order to protect the heart. An overweight can force the heart in order to work harder for pumping blood across the body and that can result in an increased blood pressure. It can trigger the chest pain.
- Stop your activity as soon as angina pain is felt: If one experiences angina pain while performing some activity, he/she must immediately discontinue the particular activity and take rest.
- Immediately stand up or sit, if angina is experienced while sleeping or lying. This helps to release the pressure built-up in the heart.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Deep vein thrombosis
- Focus on losing weight, if the person is obese.
- Focus on controlling the patient's blood pressure.
- If the doctor advises wearing a compression stocking, then wear it.
- Walk daily for 20-30 min.
- Make sure that the patient's legs are at least 6 inches elevated while sleeping.
Dont's With Usage Of FRAXIPARINE 0.4
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Chest pain (angina)
To protect oneself from chest pain following things should not be done after consulting with the doctor:
- Do not do heavy exercises: Regular exercising as well as maintaining an active schedule is very important in order to keep the heart as well as blood vessels in a good working condition. Proper exercise can also be helpful in order to lose weight and maintain a healthy blood pressure level. Thus, angina can be prevented. Make sure you don’t do vigorous exercises and it should be conducted under expert guidance as heavy exercise may increase the chances of angina.
- Do not work in an industry that requires vigorous physical activities: Try to change the job, if it requires heavy physical work. As heavy physical work may induce the episodes of angina pain.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Deep vein thrombosis
- Do not consume food that is high in Vitamin K.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not consume too much coffee or tea.
- It is advisable to stop the consumption of processed foods.
- Do not board flights that have a duration of more than 2 hours.
- Avoid obstructing the thigh muscle with any item.
- Do not sit inactively without moving the leg muscles.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfFRAXIPARINE 0.4
If an individual is associated with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetes, then he/she should take care of the following things in order to prevent angina:
- A healthy blood pressure should be maintained. Lower blood pressure will also be helpful in various other health issues, such as kidney disease, diabetes, heart problems, or stroke.
- Keeping a healthy blood sugar level is also very important for preventing angina.
Avoid staying inactive for too long. Keep moving your legs muscles from time to time. Do not sit in congested areas such as an aeroplane for too long.