FRESPAS MF 80MG250MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Drotaverine (80mg) 2) Mefenamic Acid
Uses Of FRESPAS MF 80MG250MG TABLET
Drotaverine, an anti spasmodic drug, is administered in the cases
- Pain and dysfunction caused by smooth muscle spasm
- Chest pain
- Enhance cervical dilation during child birth
- Functional bowel disorders
- Pain in renal colic disorders
Mefenamic acid is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Mild to moderate pain in various conditions especially pain and blood loss during the menstrual period.
Side Effects Of FRESPAS MF 80MG250MG TABLET
The most common side effects of Drotaverine are:
- Dry mouth
- Fainting, sweating
- Sleeping disorders
- Allergic dermatitis
Please consult your physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Some common side effects of mefenamic acid are:
- Nausea, drowsiness
- Stomach upset, heartburn
- Dizziness, headache
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of FRESPAS MF 80MG250MG TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Drotaverine or any other allergies.
- Severe hepatic diseases
- Cardiac complications
- Renal failures
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug mefenamic acid or any other allergies.
- Asthma, heart bypass surgery
- Kidney disease
- Ulcers, gastrointestinal bleeding.
A feeling of squeezing or pressure in the chest may be associated with angina. It may be a feeling like a heart attack, however, most of the times; it is considered as a warning sign of the future heart attack.
The chest pain (angina) can happen if the sufficient amount of blood is not flowing into the parts of the heart. It is regarded as a symptom of the heart disease. It can occur if anything blocks the arteries or there is a decreased blood flow in some arteries. Arteries are responsible in order to bring the oxygen-rich blood in the heart.
Angina generally goes away in a short period of time. But, it can be an alarming sign of a life-risking heart problem. It is very important to get checked by a specialist as early as possible in order to avoid a heart attack.
Angina can be of different types as follows:
- Stable angina: It is the most common type of angina. It can be triggered by the physical activities or stress. It can last for a few minutes and goes away when an individual takes rest. Stable angina is not a heart attack, although it can be an alarming sign of developing heart attack in the near future. A Specialist should be consulted without any delay.
- Unstable angina: An individual can experience this type of angina while he/she is not very active or taking rest. The pain, associated with it, can be strong as well as long-lasting. It can frequently come back. It is considered as a signal of developing heart attack very soon. So, a Specialist should be consulted in this regard as soon as possible.
- Prinzmetal's angina (or variant angina): It is a rare type of angina that can happen at night in the time of resting or sleeping. The arteries in the heart can suddenly narrow or tightened. It can be associated with lots of pain and individuals should be given the proper treatment as soon as possible.
Smooth muscle spasm is defined as the smooth muscle’s involuntary contraction causing a sudden, extreme pain. It is also known as a muscle cramp but is not as same as a muscle twitch. A muscle twitch is regarded as an uncontrolled fine movement that is associated with the larger muscle’s small segment that can be seen under the skin.
Smooth muscle is generally located in the walls that are associated with the hollow internal structures in the body such as intestines, arteries, iris of the eye, and bladder. These muscles are regarded as involuntary muscles, and they are controlled by the unconscious part involved with the brain functions. The particular brain function is regulated by the autonomic nervous system.
Pain is an unpleasant sensation caused by an injury or illness disrupting the quality of life. It can be physical, mental or emotional. Pain can be in any specific part of the body or can be in the whole body in case of illness.
In medical terms, pain is described as a symptom of an underlying condition. This pain can be due to variety of diseases or conditions ranging from acute to chronic. The pain is a warning sign to protect the body from any bigger damage.
Pain is classified into 3 categories;
- Acute pain: This lasts for a period of time less than 30 days. Usually, it improves as the healing process is completed.
- Chronic pain: It lasts for more than 6 months or beyond the expected time of healing.
- Cancer pain: It may occur by the tumors in the body or treatment procedures. This pain may persist long after the treatment has ended such as after chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
In this article, we shall be talking about acute pain mainly.
Symptoms Treated With FRESPAS MF 80MG250MG TABLET
Chest pain (angina) that is experienced in the chest region can be associated with the following symptoms:
- Pressure, squeezing
- Tightening, heaviness
- Aching or burning across the chest, it usually starts behind the breastbone.
The particular pain can be spread into the jaw, neck, throat, shoulders, teeth, or back. Sometimes, patients can also complain of the following symptoms:
- Heartburn, indigestion
- Sweating, shortness of breath.
- Weakness, nausea
Stable angina generally lasts for a small period of time. Sometimes, it may feel like indigestion or gas. Unstable angina generally occurs at a resting position. It can be a surprising effect as well as lasts longer and may be complicated over time. Another type of angina is variant angina that generally occurs at a resting posting and can be severe.
Smooth muscle spasm is associated with the following signs and symptoms:
- Smooth muscles that are associated with the hollow organs such as colon can be involved with spasm. It can cause a severe pain. Most of the times, the particular pain is colicky, that means it develops and goes. Such kinds of examples are involved with diarrhea, menstrual cramps, passing a kidney stone, gallbladder pain and so on.
- Smooth muscle spasm fills the air in the hollow part of the body as well as the muscle spasm can squeeze the hollow part’s fluid that can result in a significant pain as the air or fluid can’t be compressed. The intestinal wall can develop smooth muscle spasm through the waves of pain known as colic. Bile duct can also be involved with this kind of colicky pain that may develop after food consumption.
- Coronary artery spasm can cause chest pain that may be indistinguishable from the coronary artery disease’s pain.
- Menstrual cramp is a kind of smooth muscle spasm that can be associated with leg pain, hip pain, lower back pain, vomiting, nausea, headaches, diarrhea, irritability, bloating and so on.
What Are The Symptoms Of Pain
There are no as such symptoms of pain as pain itself is a symptom of an underlying condition.
Symptoms of chronic pain are:
- Pain that does not go away after recovery from disease or injury.
- Pain causing stiffness or discomfort.
Causes of diseases where FRESPAS MF 80MG250MG TABLET is used
Chest pain (angina) usually occurs due to a heart disease. If a fatty substance (plaque) builds up in the arteries, then it can block the normal blood flow to the heart muscles. For this particular situation, the heart is forced in order to work with less oxygen. It results in pain. The arteries can also be associated with the blood clots that can result in heart attacks.
Some of the less common causes of the angina are as follows:
- If a major artery of the lungs (called pulmonary embolism) is associated with a blockage, then the angina can develop.
- If a valve in the central part of the heart (aortic stenosis) gets narrowed, then the angina can occur.
- A thickened or enlarged heart (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) can develop this particular situation.
- If the sac associated with heart (pericarditis), experiences swelling, then angina may develop.
- Tearing of the aorta (the largest artery in the body) wall can develop this situation.
Smooth muscle spasm can be developed in several organs. A number of causes associated with this are as follows:
- If the kidney stones are passed through the urinary tract, then the smooth muscles associated with the ureter (that connects the kidney to the bladder) may develop muscle spasm that may cause rhythmic and significant pain. Most of the times, the particular type of pain is associated with the vomiting and nausea and it is called renal colic.
- Muscles that are located around the oesophagus may develop muscle spasm if acid reflux develops an irritation on the oesophagus lining. It can result in GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) or esophagitis.
- Diarrhoea can be involved with colicky pain if the muscles associated with the colon wall develop muscle spasm just before a bowel movement (watery).
- Menstrual cramps are also a common example of smooth muscle spasm that can occur when the uterus walls contract forcefully.
- The coronary arteries that provide blood to the heart muscles are associated with the smooth muscles inside their walls. They can also develop muscle spasm that is called as Coronary artery spasm. Smokers and people with high cholesterol level can face this trouble more than other people. Coronary artery spasm may be enhanced by alcohol withdrawal, stress, cocaine abuse or some medications that can make constrict blood vessels. Coronary artery spasm is also called as Prinzmetal's angina.
What Are The Causes Of Pain
Pain can be caused due to several known or unknown conditions. These include:
- Illness, injury, surgery
- Trauma, stress
- Wrong sitting or sleeping postures
- Chronic diseases
Worst Foods With FRESPAS MF 80MG250MG TABLET
Following foods should not be consumed in the case of angina pain:
- Consume less red meat: Red meat, such as lamb, pork, goat, veal, etc. is rich in saturated fat that enhances the cholesterol levels. An individual should try to consume one meat-free meal on a regular basis in order to prevent angina.
- Limit your salt intake: Salt can cause fluid retention that can enhance the blood pressure as well as can worsen chest pain. High sodium foods that one must avoid to reduce the risk of angina are pickles, pizza, etc.
Following foods should not be consumed after consulting the Doctor:
- Caffeinated Beverages: Caffeine can be found in coffee, tea, and soft drinks. It may increase constrict blood vessels that can worsen muscle spasms. The oils, associated with the coffee, can irritate the intestines. So, the decaffeinated versions of such drinks can be selected after consulting the doctor.
- Alcohol: Alcohol can act as a diuretic and can cause to retain water inside the body. It can enhance the menstrual cramping that can also lead to bloating.
- Red meat: Red meat is associated with such substances that are known as arachidonic acids. They may be associated with prostaglandins’ stimulation that can increase menstrual cramps.
- Dairy products: Milk, yogurt, cheese, and butter should be avoided in order to get rid of muscle spasm. Such types of products are associated with the arachidonic acids that can increase cramps.
- Salty Foods: Chips, table salt, processed meals, Chinese food dishes such as lo mein, and General Tso's chicken as well as fast foods are associated with high amount of sodium. High salt intake can develop retained water in the body, so they should be avoided in order to get rid of muscle spasms.
What Are The Worst Foods For Pain
- Sugar: Avoid sugar and foods containing sugars such as chocolates, beverages, cakes, biscuits, cookies, candies, soft drinks etc. These increase the inflammation causing pain.
- Processed and refined foods: These foods contain lots of spices and calories. These tend to increase the weight and provide fewer nutrients. They also trigger inflammation and lead to pain.
- Saturated fats: Foods which contains saturated fats should be avoided as these contain a high amount of cholesterol which triggers the pain.
Do's With Usage of FRESPAS MF 80MG250MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Chest pain (angina)
- To protect oneself from angina, following things can be done after consulting with the doctor:
- Before initiating any prolonged physical activity like having intercourse or walking uphill, consider taking nitroglycerin (ask your doctor before taking it).
- Consider Deep breathing: Stress is one of the major causes of angina pain. Therefore, it is important to manage stress. Stress can be released by performing deep breathing.
- Maintain a healthy weight: A healthy weight should be maintained in order to protect the heart. An overweight can force the heart in order to work harder for pumping blood across the body and that can result in an increased blood pressure. It can trigger the chest pain.
- Stop your activity as soon as angina pain is felt: If one experiences angina pain while performing some activity, he/she must immediately discontinue the particular activity and take rest.
- Immediately stand up or sit, if angina is experienced while sleeping or lying. This helps to release the pressure built-up in the heart.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Smooth muscle spasm
You can do the following things in smooth muscle spasm:
As smooth muscle spasm can occur due to many various internal disorders such as gall bladder stones, indigestion, and other metabolic disorders, so it is advisable to get a proper diagnosis done first.
Smooth muscles present in internal organs such as the heart can also lead to spasm so it is recommended that the patient performs cardiovascular exercises.
Consume smooth muscle-relaxants after proper consultation with a specialist.
A bottle of warm water can be kept above the stomach for some time in order to get relief from pain and other symptoms associated with smooth muscle spasms.
Smooth muscles spasms need to be relaxed during their treatment so it is advisable to intake small meals instead of large ones.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Pain
- Relax your mind and body.
- Take a deep breath. Hold your breath for 2-3 minutes and then release.
- Focus your attention on another part of the body which is not paining.
- Think positively by focusing your attention towards pleasant places or things.
- If the pain persists for longer than consult with the doctor.
- Try to sleep for a while.
Dont's With Usage Of FRESPAS MF 80MG250MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Chest pain (angina)
To protect oneself from chest pain following things should not be done after consulting with the doctor:
- Do not do heavy exercises: Regular exercising as well as maintaining an active schedule is very important in order to keep the heart as well as blood vessels in a good working condition. Proper exercise can also be helpful in order to lose weight and maintain a healthy blood pressure level. Thus, angina can be prevented. Make sure you don’t do vigorous exercises and it should be conducted under expert guidance as heavy exercise may increase the chances of angina.
- Do not work in an industry that requires vigorous physical activities: Try to change the job, if it requires heavy physical work. As heavy physical work may induce the episodes of angina pain.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Smooth muscle spasm
Avoid doing following things in smooth muscle spasm:
- Don’t allow your body to develop dehydration as it can result in electrolytic disorders.
- Do not consume items that are too hard on the metabolism of the patient.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Pain
- Don’t take any type of painkiller on your own. It may provide temporary relief but may not cure the disease.
- Don’t neglect the chronic pain. It can be the symptom of chronic disease also.
- Don’t take the stress. It can increase the pain.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfFRESPAS MF 80MG250MG TABLET
If an individual is associated with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetes, then he/she should take care of the following things in order to prevent angina:
- A healthy blood pressure should be maintained. Lower blood pressure will also be helpful in various other health issues, such as kidney disease, diabetes, heart problems, or stroke.
- Keeping a healthy blood sugar level is also very important for preventing angina.
As smooth muscle spasm is mostly involved with the internal organs, so a specialist should be consulted as early as possible.
What Are The Tips For Pain
Pain can be managed by medications and modification in living standards. Changes in lifestyle prevent us from getting a disease in the future as well. Below are some tips to manage pain:
- Manage weight as unhealthy weight increases the risk of getting various types of body pains.
- Exercise regularly to stay fit.
- Eat healthy diet
- Take adequate sleep and stress
- Forget stress
- Meditate and relax your body whenever you feel pain.
Ayurvedic tips to manage pain:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is found to reduce pain since ages. Add a small amount of turmeric to your diet daily. It will help to reduce the inflammation causing pain.
- Ginger: Ginger is also a good anti-inflammatory agent. This is one of the best herbs which can be added to your daily meals to reduce pain.
- Aromatherapy: It helps to relieve the stress causing pain. Essential oils used in aromatherapy act as painkillers.
- Massage therapy: Massage helps to relax the body. It helps to increase the circulation and removes body stiffness.