GABANEURON SR TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Gabapentin 2) Vitamin B12
Uses Of GABANEURON SR TABLET
Gabapentin is used for:
- Managing nerve Pain due to herpes zoster infection or shingles.
- Prevent and control seizures
Mecobalamin is used to treat Vitamin B12 deficiency.
Side Effects Of GABANEURON SR TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Gabapentin
Some of the possible side-effects include:
- Loss of coordination
- Blurred vision
Mecobalamin is usually safe. Some people may experience:
- Getting nervous or anxious
- Uncontrollable or Involuntary movements.
Contraindications Of GABANEURON SR TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Gabapentin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Alcohol addiction
- Kidney disease
- Mood problems like depression
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin B12
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- The breast-feeding mothers.
- If suffering from an infection
- Low iron or folate level
- Polycythemia (a bone disease)
- Optic atrophy (genetic condition that harms the nerve connecting the eye to brain)
- Blood in urine.
Seizures are a rapid rush of electrical activity in the brain. The nerve cell action is disturbed during seizures. It affects an individual’s appearances or actions for a short period of time.
Shingle is an infection leading to a painful red skin rash that reflects on the skin in the form of a red strip, band, or a small patch. This appears in the form of blisters mainly on the torso, face, back and neck.
- In Anaemia, lesser oxygen is carried around the body by red blood cells. Anemia can be of different types.
Symptoms Treated With GABANEURON SR TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Seizures
A seizure can occur for an episode of few seconds to 15 minutes.
- Short-term loss of consciousness
- Spasms, Muscle stiffness
- Repetitive movements, bouncy movements
- A sick stomach
- Modified Vision
- An out of body feeling
If in Progress:
- Salivating or frothing of mouth
- Difference of taste in the mouth
- Clamping teeth together
- Rapid eye Movements
- Rumbling / making noises
- No control over bladder or bowel function
The most common symptoms observed in shingles are:
- Red rashes, itching.
- Painful, fluid/pus-filled blisters that break easily.
- Mild Flu.
- Tingling, Joint pain, difficulty urinating.
- Weakness and pain in the muscles.
What Are The Symptoms Of Anaemia
- Common symptoms of anemia are tiredness, dizziness, and breathlessness.
Causes of diseases where GABANEURON SR TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Seizures
Various health issues may lead to a seizure.
- Decreasing glucose levels in blood
- Failure in kidney or liver
- Exceptionally elevated blood pressure
- Shock in head
- An electric shock
- Sudden drug/alcohol abandonment
- A brain defect present from birth
- An injury/injection caused in brain
- Toxic bites/stings
Shingles are usually caused by the varicella zoster virus, which also causes chickenpox. So, the skin condition resembles that of the latter.
- As a person ages, the chances of getting Shingles increases.
- Certain diseases such as HIV/AIDS or cancer can trigger Shingles in the body.
- Stress-related encounters are also accountable for Shingles.
- The dormant virus in the nervous system can also be triggered by certain drugs.
What Are The Causes Of Anaemia
- Deficiency of nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin B 12, sickle cell anemia (a genetic blood disorder) or kidney disease can be amongst few causes of anemia.
- The type of food you eat also affects the absorption of iron and folic acid.
Worst Foods With GABANEURON SR TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Seizures
People who have risks of seizures need to avoid certain foods that may trigger the condition out of the blue. Some of these are:
Refined Carbohydrates: Foods with refined carbohydrates tend to increase the glycaemia in the body that leads to high glucose levels. These foods comprise of chips, white pasta, bagels, cakes, white bread, soft drinks, pizza, etc.
Fruits and vegetables with high glycaemia: There are also a number of fruits and vegetables that have high glycemic content in them leading to irregular glucose levels. Such food items that need to be avoided are dates, mashed potatoes, bananas, raisins, mangos, etc.
Other foods that have chances of triggering seizures in people are Monosodium Glutamate and Gingko Nuts which when consumed in large quantity can be toxic to the nerves.
- Chocolate: It has amino acid ‘Arginine’ which promotes the growth of the virus.
- Processed foods: These don’t provide any nutrition to the body.
- Alcohol and other acidic beverages: Alcohol disturbs the normal metabolism in the body and promotes the growth of microbes.
- Caffeinated drinks: Such drinks change the normal functioning of the body and increase acidity that reduces healing process of Shingles. These include energy drinks, coffee, carbonated drinks, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Anaemia
- Junk food.
- Coffee, tea, red wine as these inhibit the absorption of iron.
- White bread.
Do's With Usage of GABANEURON SR TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Seizures
- The main objective should be to protect the person from injuries caused from falling.
- Make sure the person is in a safe area. Remove any sharp or dangerous objects lying around.
- Provide a pillow to the person’s head.
- Untie the tighter clothes, especially those around the neck.
- Position the person on their sides. This is to prevent the vomit from entering the lungs.
- Follow the instructions on medical ID bracelet.
- Be sure someone stays with the person until the help arrives.
For proper management of shingles, one must follow:
- It is prudent to keep the rash clean and dry for stopping the infection from growing.
- Clean the skin occasionally.
- Use coconut oil over the rashes to nourish the skin and prevent itching.
- Disinfected articles are to be used in patient care.
- Application of calamine lotion is helpful in reducing the painful irritation.
- Wear loose-fitting apparels for avoiding contact with the rash, leading to irritation.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anaemia
- Use iron utensils for cooking as food cooked in iron vessel automatically gathers iron from the vessel and makes food iron rich.
- To improve absorption of iron in your body, take it with foods rich in vitamin C (like oranges, lemon)
- Find out the exact reason of anemia as your food choice will depend upon the real cause of anemia. E.g., patients with anemia caused by celiac disease should avoid eating gluten rich foods (like wheat, oats. Etc.), which others should continue with gluten.
Dont's With Usage Of GABANEURON SR TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Seizures
- Never try to hold down the person.
- Do not place anything between the teeth.
- Don’t move the person unless they are in risky positions or environment.
- Never try to stop the person from spasms as the person cannot control it.
- Starting CPR before the seizure stops completely.
- Do not try to insert anything through the mouth before the person becomes fully alert.
- Avoid contact with individuals affected by shingles or chickenpox.
- Don’t share used articles or non-disinfected articles.
- Do not apply rub-on antibiotic ointments and creams as they will slow down the healing process.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anaemia
- Avoid taking iron with calcium rich foods, coffee, tea as these hinder the absorption of iron in the body. Take these items at different times.
- Do yoga regularly as it increases the RBC count and also purifies the blood.
- Exercise regularly, as it causes hunger, which in turn improves your food intake.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfGABANEURON SR TABLET
What Are The Tips For Seizures
Leading a healthy lifestyle can reduce the risk of seizure.
One can get shingles from own chickenpox virus. Even after infection, the causative virus might remain in the nervous system for years. Thus, take care to not to expose to the triggering factors.