GABAPIN PLUS 100 TABLET 10`S has the following salts in its composition
1) Gabapentin 2) Alpha Lipoic Acid 3) Vitamin B12
Uses Of GABAPIN PLUS 100 TABLET 10`S
Gabapentin is used for:
- Managing nerve Pain due to herpes zoster infection or shingles.
- Prevent and control seizures
Alpha Lipoic Acid is used for Immunity building, as well as by people with type 2 diabetes. It increases body's ability to use its own insulin to lower the levels of blood sugar.
Mecobalamin is used to treat Vitamin B12 deficiency.
Side Effects Of GABAPIN PLUS 100 TABLET 10`S
Side Effects Of Salt: Gabapentin
Some of the possible side-effects include:
- Loss of coordination
- Blurred vision
Mecobalamin is usually safe. Some people may experience:
- Getting nervous or anxious
- Uncontrollable or Involuntary movements.
Contraindications Of GABAPIN PLUS 100 TABLET 10`S
Contraindications Of Salt: Gabapentin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Alcohol addiction
- Kidney disease
- Mood problems like depression
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin B12
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- The breast-feeding mothers.
- If suffering from an infection
- Low iron or folate level
- Polycythemia (a bone disease)
- Optic atrophy (genetic condition that harms the nerve connecting the eye to brain)
- Blood in urine.
Seizures are a rapid rush of electrical activity in the brain. The nerve cell action is disturbed during seizures. It affects an individual’s appearances or actions for a short period of time.
Shingle is an infection leading to a painful red skin rash that reflects on the skin in the form of a red strip, band, or a small patch. This appears in the form of blisters mainly on the torso, face, back and neck.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
- In Anaemia, lesser oxygen is carried around the body by red blood cells. Anemia can be of different types.
Symptoms Treated With GABAPIN PLUS 100 TABLET 10`S
What Are The Symptoms Of Seizures
A seizure can occur for an episode of few seconds to 15 minutes.
- Short-term loss of consciousness
- Spasms, Muscle stiffness
- Repetitive movements, bouncy movements
- A sick stomach
- Modified Vision
- An out of body feeling
If in Progress:
- Salivating or frothing of mouth
- Difference of taste in the mouth
- Clamping teeth together
- Rapid eye Movements
- Rumbling / making noises
- No control over bladder or bowel function
The most common symptoms observed in shingles are:
- Red rashes, itching.
- Painful, fluid/pus-filled blisters that break easily.
- Mild Flu.
- Tingling, Joint pain, difficulty urinating.
- Weakness and pain in the muscles.
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
What Are The Symptoms Of Anaemia
- Common symptoms of anemia are tiredness, dizziness, and breathlessness.
Causes of diseases where GABAPIN PLUS 100 TABLET 10`S is used
What Are The Causes Of Seizures
Various health issues may lead to a seizure.
- Decreasing glucose levels in blood
- Failure in kidney or liver
- Exceptionally elevated blood pressure
- Shock in head
- An electric shock
- Sudden drug/alcohol abandonment
- A brain defect present from birth
- An injury/injection caused in brain
- Toxic bites/stings
Shingles are usually caused by the varicella zoster virus, which also causes chickenpox. So, the skin condition resembles that of the latter.
- As a person ages, the chances of getting Shingles increases.
- Certain diseases such as HIV/AIDS or cancer can trigger Shingles in the body.
- Stress-related encounters are also accountable for Shingles.
- The dormant virus in the nervous system can also be triggered by certain drugs.
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
What Are The Causes Of Anaemia
- Deficiency of nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin B 12, sickle cell anemia (a genetic blood disorder) or kidney disease can be amongst few causes of anemia.
- The type of food you eat also affects the absorption of iron and folic acid.
Worst Foods With GABAPIN PLUS 100 TABLET 10`S
What Are The Worst Foods For Seizures
People who have risks of seizures need to avoid certain foods that may trigger the condition out of the blue. Some of these are:
Refined Carbohydrates: Foods with refined carbohydrates tend to increase the glycaemia in the body that leads to high glucose levels. These foods comprise of chips, white pasta, bagels, cakes, white bread, soft drinks, pizza, etc.
Fruits and vegetables with high glycaemia: There are also a number of fruits and vegetables that have high glycemic content in them leading to irregular glucose levels. Such food items that need to be avoided are dates, mashed potatoes, bananas, raisins, mangos, etc.
Other foods that have chances of triggering seizures in people are Monosodium Glutamate and Gingko Nuts which when consumed in large quantity can be toxic to the nerves.
- Chocolate: It has amino acid ‘Arginine’ which promotes the growth of the virus.
- Processed foods: These don’t provide any nutrition to the body.
- Alcohol and other acidic beverages: Alcohol disturbs the normal metabolism in the body and promotes the growth of microbes.
- Caffeinated drinks: Such drinks change the normal functioning of the body and increase acidity that reduces healing process of Shingles. These include energy drinks, coffee, carbonated drinks, etc.
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
What Are The Worst Foods For Anaemia
- Junk food.
- Coffee, tea, red wine as these inhibit the absorption of iron.
- White bread.
Do's With Usage of GABAPIN PLUS 100 TABLET 10`S
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Seizures
- The main objective should be to protect the person from injuries caused from falling.
- Make sure the person is in a safe area. Remove any sharp or dangerous objects lying around.
- Provide a pillow to the person’s head.
- Untie the tighter clothes, especially those around the neck.
- Position the person on their sides. This is to prevent the vomit from entering the lungs.
- Follow the instructions on medical ID bracelet.
- Be sure someone stays with the person until the help arrives.
For proper management of shingles, one must follow:
- It is prudent to keep the rash clean and dry for stopping the infection from growing.
- Clean the skin occasionally.
- Use coconut oil over the rashes to nourish the skin and prevent itching.
- Disinfected articles are to be used in patient care.
- Application of calamine lotion is helpful in reducing the painful irritation.
- Wear loose-fitting apparels for avoiding contact with the rash, leading to irritation.
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anaemia
- Use iron utensils for cooking as food cooked in iron vessel automatically gathers iron from the vessel and makes food iron rich.
- To improve absorption of iron in your body, take it with foods rich in vitamin C (like oranges, lemon)
- Find out the exact reason of anemia as your food choice will depend upon the real cause of anemia. E.g., patients with anemia caused by celiac disease should avoid eating gluten rich foods (like wheat, oats. Etc.), which others should continue with gluten.
Dont's With Usage Of GABAPIN PLUS 100 TABLET 10`S
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Seizures
- Never try to hold down the person.
- Do not place anything between the teeth.
- Don’t move the person unless they are in risky positions or environment.
- Never try to stop the person from spasms as the person cannot control it.
- Starting CPR before the seizure stops completely.
- Do not try to insert anything through the mouth before the person becomes fully alert.
- Avoid contact with individuals affected by shingles or chickenpox.
- Don’t share used articles or non-disinfected articles.
- Do not apply rub-on antibiotic ointments and creams as they will slow down the healing process.
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anaemia
- Avoid taking iron with calcium rich foods, coffee, tea as these hinder the absorption of iron in the body. Take these items at different times.
- Do yoga regularly as it increases the RBC count and also purifies the blood.
- Exercise regularly, as it causes hunger, which in turn improves your food intake.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfGABAPIN PLUS 100 TABLET 10`S
What Are The Tips For Seizures
Leading a healthy lifestyle can reduce the risk of seizure.
One can get shingles from own chickenpox virus. Even after infection, the causative virus might remain in the nervous system for years. Thus, take care to not to expose to the triggering factors.
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include: