GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET
Gabapentin is used for:
- Managing nerve Pain due to herpes zoster infection or shingles.
- Prevent and control seizures
Side Effects Of GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Gabapentin
Some of the possible side-effects include:
- Loss of coordination
- Blurred vision
Contraindications Of GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Gabapentin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Alcohol addiction
- Kidney disease
- Mood problems like depression
Seizures are a rapid rush of electrical activity in the brain. The nerve cell action is disturbed during seizures. It affects an individual’s appearances or actions for a short period of time.
Shingle is an infection leading to a painful red skin rash that reflects on the skin in the form of a red strip, band, or a small patch. This appears in the form of blisters mainly on the torso, face, back and neck.
Symptoms Treated With GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Seizures
A seizure can occur for an episode of few seconds to 15 minutes.
- Short-term loss of consciousness
- Spasms, Muscle stiffness
- Repetitive movements, bouncy movements
- A sick stomach
- Modified Vision
- An out of body feeling
If in Progress:
- Salivating or frothing of mouth
- Difference of taste in the mouth
- Clamping teeth together
- Rapid eye Movements
- Rumbling / making noises
- No control over bladder or bowel function
The most common symptoms observed in shingles are:
- Red rashes, itching.
- Painful, fluid/pus-filled blisters that break easily.
- Mild Flu.
- Tingling, Joint pain, difficulty urinating.
- Weakness and pain in the muscles.
Causes of diseases where GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Seizures
Various health issues may lead to a seizure.
- Decreasing glucose levels in blood
- Failure in kidney or liver
- Exceptionally elevated blood pressure
- Shock in head
- An electric shock
- Sudden drug/alcohol abandonment
- A brain defect present from birth
- An injury/injection caused in brain
- Toxic bites/stings
Shingles are usually caused by the varicella zoster virus, which also causes chickenpox. So, the skin condition resembles that of the latter.
- As a person ages, the chances of getting Shingles increases.
- Certain diseases such as HIV/AIDS or cancer can trigger Shingles in the body.
- Stress-related encounters are also accountable for Shingles.
- The dormant virus in the nervous system can also be triggered by certain drugs.
Best Foods With GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Seizures
- A fruitful diet comprises of fruits, vegetables, proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Besides, there is a need to intake plenty of liquid as well.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates can be best consumed in the form of whole grain foods which offer nutritious ingredients like minerals, vitamins and fibres.
- Proteins: They help build up the immune system, red blood cells, enzymes, hormones and muscles in the body that reduce the chances of seizure. Some protein-rich foods are eggs, fish, meat, lentils, beans, tofu, cheese, milk, etc.
- Fruits and Vegetables: They help protect the body from infections. Apple, orange, guava, strawberry, pear, peach, broccoli, carrots, beans, are some of the many fruits and vegetables that should be added to the patient's diet.
- Liquids: Consumption of liquids at regular intervals is important as it helps avoid dehydration that can trigger a seizure.
A proper diet plays a major role in the effective management of shingles. The best foods recommended for shingles are:
- Fish: Fishes are a rich source of amino acid, Lysine, which inhibits the growth of the virus.
- Red meat: It is rich in iron, vitamin C and the essential amino acid, lysine.
- Garlic and onions: They are excellent sources of antioxidants and anti-microbial agents.
- Bananas: They contain high levels of vitamin B-6 which is essential for a healthy central nervous system.
- Milk, Yogurt, Cheese: Contain high levels of lysine that are good for reducing the skin infection.
- Green leaves: Contain high levels of zinc, vitamin C and other essential nutrients for rejuvenating the immunity system in the body. These include lettuce, kale, cabbage, parsley, etc.
Worst Foods With GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Seizures
People who have risks of seizures need to avoid certain foods that may trigger the condition out of the blue. Some of these are:
Refined Carbohydrates: Foods with refined carbohydrates tend to increase the glycaemia in the body that leads to high glucose levels. These foods comprise of chips, white pasta, bagels, cakes, white bread, soft drinks, pizza, etc.
Fruits and vegetables with high glycaemia: There are also a number of fruits and vegetables that have high glycemic content in them leading to irregular glucose levels. Such food items that need to be avoided are dates, mashed potatoes, bananas, raisins, mangos, etc.
Other foods that have chances of triggering seizures in people are Monosodium Glutamate and Gingko Nuts which when consumed in large quantity can be toxic to the nerves.
- Chocolate: It has amino acid ‘Arginine’ which promotes the growth of the virus.
- Processed foods: These don’t provide any nutrition to the body.
- Alcohol and other acidic beverages: Alcohol disturbs the normal metabolism in the body and promotes the growth of microbes.
- Caffeinated drinks: Such drinks change the normal functioning of the body and increase acidity that reduces healing process of Shingles. These include energy drinks, coffee, carbonated drinks, etc.
Do's With Usage of GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Seizures
- The main objective should be to protect the person from injuries caused from falling.
- Make sure the person is in a safe area. Remove any sharp or dangerous objects lying around.
- Provide a pillow to the person’s head.
- Untie the tighter clothes, especially those around the neck.
- Position the person on their sides. This is to prevent the vomit from entering the lungs.
- Follow the instructions on medical ID bracelet.
- Be sure someone stays with the person until the help arrives.
For proper management of shingles, one must follow:
- It is prudent to keep the rash clean and dry for stopping the infection from growing.
- Clean the skin occasionally.
- Use coconut oil over the rashes to nourish the skin and prevent itching.
- Disinfected articles are to be used in patient care.
- Application of calamine lotion is helpful in reducing the painful irritation.
- Wear loose-fitting apparels for avoiding contact with the rash, leading to irritation.
Dont's With Usage Of GABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Seizures
- Never try to hold down the person.
- Do not place anything between the teeth.
- Don’t move the person unless they are in risky positions or environment.
- Never try to stop the person from spasms as the person cannot control it.
- Starting CPR before the seizure stops completely.
- Do not try to insert anything through the mouth before the person becomes fully alert.
- Avoid contact with individuals affected by shingles or chickenpox.
- Don’t share used articles or non-disinfected articles.
- Do not apply rub-on antibiotic ointments and creams as they will slow down the healing process.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfGABAPIN SR 600MG TABLET
What Are The Tips For Seizures
Leading a healthy lifestyle can reduce the risk of seizure.
One can get shingles from own chickenpox virus. Even after infection, the causative virus might remain in the nervous system for years. Thus, take care to not to expose to the triggering factors.