GUMTONE POWDER 40GM has the following salts in its composition
1) Babool 2) Bakul 3) Alum 4) Clove oil 5) Amla 6) Vajradanti 7) Khair 8) Camphor 9) Kaiphal 10) Nirgundi 11) Kankola
Uses Of GUMTONE POWDER 40GM
Uses Of Salt: Babool
Babool tree is a popular tree, which has various health benefits. It:
- Strengthens teeth, treats teeth disorders, gum bleeding, mouth ulcers when used as datun
- Treats diarrhea, leucorrhoea, wounds, piles, hemorrhoids
- Treats jaundice, stomach and throat problems, eczema
- Controls hair fall, treats skin conditions like eczema, dryness, and itching
- Treats conjunctivitis, watering of eyes, pain and swelling in the eyes
- Treats sexual disorders like premature ejaculation, spermatorrhoea, loss of viscidity of the semen and frequent night discharges
- Treats loss of appetite
Uses Of Salt: Bakul
Bakul is a medicinal plant. Every part of the plant is used in curing some illness or the other be it fruit, bark, leaves, or flowers. Main benefits of each part of the plant are:
- Bark: Used as an astringent, tonic, and to reduce fever.
- The fruit pulp: Used in treating chronic dysentery.
- Leaves: Used as an antidote to snake-bite.
- Seeds: Used for treating constipation.
- Dried flowers powder: Used as a brain tonic.
- The aerial parts: Used as the diuretic drug to increase urine output.
Other benefits of various parts of Bakul tree are:
- It treats chronic diarrhoea, weakness resulting from diarrhoea
- It is helpful for cleaning teeth and strengthening gums
- It helps in treating tingling sensation in teeth, toothache, bad breath, pyorrhea, tooth decay, gum bleeding, Inflammation in the mouth.
- Fruits are also used sometimes for abortion.
- It treats female infertility.
- It treats a headache, sinusitis.
Uses Of Salt: Alum
Alum is used commonly in Indian households. It is used both topically as well as orally to treat:
- Gum and teeth diseases
- A sore throat, tonsillitis, skin infections, leprosy, eczema, lice, athlete’s foot
- Canker sores, eye abscess, cracked heels
- Wrinkles (Improves skin tone), blackheads
- Piles, urinary problems, diarrhoea
- Muscle cramps, inflammations
- Nosebleed, pus in ears
It is also used as an after-shave, deodorant and water purifier. It also helps in reducing body hair, when applied to the body and prolonged use leads to retardation of growth.
Clove oil is a widely used oil in traditional medicine because of its multi-disciplinary activity such as:
- Treatment of infections such as scabies, bruises, prickly heat, fungal infections, wounds, cuts, athlete’s foot.
- Relieving toothache, dental pain, mouth ulcers, sore gums, bad breath.
- Reducing aging, wrinkles, acne, and sagging skin.
- Boosting immune system, blood circulation
- Lowering of insomnia, depression, memory loss, anxiety.
- Treatment of respiratory problems such as sinusitis, tuberculosis, bronchitis, sore throat, indigestion, cholera,
- Prevention of cancer, premature ejaculation
- Diabetes control
- Reducing nausea, headache, and earaches.
Uses Of Salt: Amla
Amalaki (Amla), also called Indian gooseberry, is full of vitamin C. It is considered a wonder fruit having unlimited benefits, some of which are listed below:
- Prevents heart attack and hypertension
- Cures a migraine or frequent headaches
- Maintains eye health
- Stimulates hair growth, maintains shine in hair
- Makes nervous system strong
- Strengthens immune system
- Extremely useful in curing constipation
- Helps in building body strength, cures vertigo
- Improves memory and concentration
- Tightens the vagina
- Gives relief in stomach ulcers, cough, and Likoria
- Makes teeth stronger
- Keeps skin young, acts as antioxidant
There are many other benefits of Amla. It can be taken in any form: Murabba, powder, fresh juice, or fried form. Different forms of preparations of amla are recommended for different ailments/ desired health benefits.
Vajradanti is a useful Ayurvedic herb rich in potassium. It is used mostly in dental care products as it helps in making teeth strong. It is also used for:
- Healing of wounds, cleansing and tooth caries and inflammation of gums.
- Preventing greying of hair
- Treating migraine, fever, whooping cough
- Wound healing
- Reducing pain from arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Treating bronchial asthma
Uses Of Salt: Khair
Khair is used in the of following conditions:
To treat a cough, cold, piles, mouth ulcers, boils, skin eruptions, bleeding gums, gum problems, spongy gums, colic, diarrhea, sore throat, hoarsens of voice.
To Improve breast milk.
To Reduce obesity, toothache, and dysentery, fungal infections, swelling of the liver, skin disorders, inflammation, and constipation.
To treat symptoms of leprosy.
To manage leukemia, gingivitis.
Camphor is extracted from tree Cinnamomum camphora and has a special place in traditional medicines. It:
- Relieves skin irritation and itching
- Treats eczema
- Soothes skin rashes, burns
- Cures acne, nail fungus, fungal and bacterial infections.
- Heals cracked heels
- Strengthens hair roots
- Kills lice and bugs
- Boosts hair texture and hair growth
- Relieves gastric trouble, pain, cough, cold, asthma.
- Promotes blood circulation
- Treats spasmodic problems, cardiac failure, osteoarthritis, diarrhoea, congestion, inflammation, sepsis.
Nirgundi is a herb similar to basil with a numerous health benefits. It is widely used in ayurvedic medicines. It:
- Treats mental disorders, throat ache, ear problems, liver disorders, filariasis, goiter, fever, and wounds.
- Relieves tumors, general weakness, bloating, and inflammation.
- Cures chronic rhinitis, headache.
- Helps in tetanus, slipped discs, easy delivery.
- Enhances immunity, digestion power.
- Promotes good health, sexual vigor, and long life.
- Reduces flaky and dry skin.
Apart from above, there are many other uses of nirgundi oil, which are not listed here.
Side Effects Of GUMTONE POWDER 40GM
Side Effects Of Salt: Babool
Side Effects Of Salt: Bakul
Bakul is usually safe and no side effects have been noted. However, prolonged use may cause intoxication effects in some people and an overdose can lead to miscarriage if you are pregnant.
Side Effects Of Salt: Alum
Some people using alum may experience the following:
- Increased risk of cancer, Alzheimer’s disease
- Thinning of skin, irritation, dry skin, redness, flaking
- Burning sensation on the skin
Alum should be used in limited quantity and an overdose can lead to many side-effects.
Side Effects Of Salt: Clove oil
Clove oil is usually safe.
Side Effects Of Salt: Amla
Not everybody can take desired quantity of amla every day as the body takes a time to adjust to the intake of Amla. One should start will small quantities and increase the dose gradually. People usually feel the following side effects for a few days till their body adjusts to this product:
- Stomach ache, feeling of heaviness in chest
- Stomach upset (if taken with milk or within half an hour of taking milk)
Side Effects Of Salt: Vajradanti
Side Effects Of Salt: Khair
No side effects of Khair have been noted.
Side Effects Of Salt: Camphor
Camphor is possibly safe but an overdose may cause:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Nirgundi
Contraindications Of GUMTONE POWDER 40GM
Contraindications Of Salt: Babool
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Contraindications Of Salt: Bakul
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Contraindications Of Salt: Alum
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Sensitive skin, teeth or stomach
Contraindications Of Salt: Clove oil
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Bleeding disorders
- Any recent surgery
Contraindications Of Salt: Amla
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Frequent diarrhoea
- Frequent stomach ache
- Sensitive teeth
Contraindications Of Salt: Vajradanti
Contraindications Of Salt: Khair
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards khair or any other allergies.
- Any recent surgery
- Low blood pressure.
Contraindications Of Salt: Camphor
Please avoid direct oral intake.
Contraindications Of Salt: Nirgundi
Nirgundi should be used with caution in children and pregnant women.
Redness or inflammation in the area under the eyelid and the eye’s white area is called conjunctivitis. It may be caused by physical agents such as ultraviolet rays or infrared rays, allergic reactions, or an infection.
Conjunctiva, which is a delicate and thin membrane covering the eyeball, and lining the eye lid, gets inflamed resulting in conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis is a prevalent eye issue due to the continuous exposure of conjunctiva to the environmental agents, and microorganism, which may cause allergic reactions or infections. Conjunctivitis can either be chronic, or acute. It depends on the duration, type of agent or organism involved, and symptom of the disease. Either one or both the eyes can get affected if it is caused by an infection. Even it easily gets transmitted if other people come in contact with an infected person. Conjunctivitis is highly contagious. Other names famous for conjunctivitis are a red eye or pink eye.
Dental cavities also referred to as dental caries, are areas of breakdown in tooth structures. Dental cavities are the commonest dental pathology in the world. Caries is more prevalent in developed countries, due to diets high in unrefined and processed foods, as well as the surplus of sugar in diets. An estimated two billion people suffer from dental caries.
The formation of caries is due to a combination of factors, namely bacteria, sugars, an acidic environment and time. Bacteria in the mouth start to break down teeth under the right conditions. An acidic environment provides ideal conditions for bacteria to thrive in. Tooth enamel becomes acidic when exposed to sugar or plaque that stays on the teeth for too long. In this acid environment, the bacteria then start to multiply and break down the teeth, forming carries.
The bacteria most often associated with dental caries are Staphylococcus mutants and lactobacilli. Bacteria form collections on teeth called biofilms (also referred to as plaque). The only way of removing biofilms is through mechanical friction such as brushing and flossing.
Caries can range in size and colour, although most often present as blackened areas.
- Diarrhoea is an increased frequency of bowel movements (stools) and also increased looseness of the motion. Diarrhoea can be due to higher fluid secretion into the intestine, minimal fluid absorption by the intestines or swift passage of stool from the intestine.
- Acute Diarrhoea stays for 4 to 5 days but the chronic Diarrhoea can last up to 4 weeks. Recurrent and severe Diarrhoea can be a sign of an intestinal disease.
Eczema also called atopic dermatitis, is a set of skin conditions that cause the skin inflammation and irritation.
It commonly appears on face, wrists, hands, knees or feet. It may also affect other areas.
Eczema is not contagious; hence there is no risk of it getting spread from one person to another.
Constipation is a condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened faeces.
Female infertility means the issue of infertility in the female partner. A woman is said to have infertility issue if she is of reproductive age and is not able to conceive despite one year of unprotected sexual intercourse.
Infertility can due to known or unknown reasons. There are many factors responsible for infertility. Infertility is a treatable condition in the majority of the cases.
Sinusitis is a condition where swelling or inflammation occurs in the tissue that is covering the sinuses. Sinuses are actually air-filled spaces that surround the nasal cavity. However, during an inflammation, they get blocked and fluid accumulates that lead to the growth of microbes and causes infection.
Canker sores are small sores that are seen in the mouth. Also called as aphthous ulcers, these form a small, oval to round shaped, shallow lesion with a red border.
These sores are painful and make it hard to eat and speak at times. Canker sores are often found:
- Inside of the cheeks.
- At the base of gums.
- On mouth palate.
- Inside of the lips.
- On the tongue.
- Near throat and uvula.
Periodontitis and gingivitis are the two different forms of gum disease, on the same spectrum. Gum disease is a very common disorder of our gingiva (“gums”).
Gingivitis is inflammation of gums, without any destruction of oral structures. Gingivitis occurs due to plaque build-up on the teeth. Plaque is also referred to as bacterial biofilms. The human mouth is filled with numerous amounts of different bacteria. Gum infections occur when there are excess bacteria in the mouth. These bacteria form layers called “films” that cover teeth and gums. The films elicit an inflammatory response by the body’s immune system, to try and restore normal bacterial balance. If gingivitis is not properly treated, it will progress to periodontitis.
Periodontitis is inflammation of the structures surrounding the teeth. Periodontitis is progressive if not treated, and can lead to degeneration of structures such as connective tissues (ligaments) and bone around the teeth.
In periodontitis, gums pull away from teeth, and the resulting space is then filled with bacteria. The immune system overreacts to heal the infection, and this causes damaged to the gums and tissues. Periodontitis may cause destruction and loss of bone that keeps teeth in place. There are different forms of periodontitis e.g. chronic, aggressive and necrotizing.
Studies show that oral health has a direct effect on systemic health, and may specifically affect the gastrointestinal system. Periodontitis increases the body's inflammation and can lead to atherosclerosis, as well as increased risk factors for myocardial infarctions or stroke.
Because of gum disease’s direct link to poor oral hygiene, it is more prevalent in lower socio-economic groups. Gum disease is the second commonest dental complaint worldwide and is seen more often in Asia, Mediterranean regions, and Africa.
Gum disease is diagnosed on clinical examination. In severe cases, X-rays may be done to assess how extensive the bone and tissue loss is.
An involuntary contraction of a muscle which occurs unexpectedly and doesn’t relax is known as a muscle cramp. When we make use of the voluntary muscles (muscles that can be controlled) in our arms and legs, they contract and relax alternately as the limbs are moved.
The muscles in the neck, head and trunk contract and relax and help to maintain posture. When a muscle (or few fibres of the muscle) contracts involuntarily, it is said to be in “spasm” and if the spasm is sustained and forceful, then it becomes a cramp. Muscle cramps cause the palpable or visible hardening of the muscle that is involved.
Any muscle(s) that can be controlled voluntarily (skeletal muscle) can be affected by cramps. Cramps can affect the entire muscle or part of a muscle or many muscles in a group. Muscle cramps can last for a few seconds or sometimes much longer and it can recur several times until it subsides.
The most common muscle groups that get cramps are:
- Gastrocnemius (back of calf or lower leg)
- Quadriceps (front of thigh)
- Hamstrings (back of thigh)
- Cramps in the abdomen, alongside the rib cage, arms, hands and feet are very common.
Muscle cramps are extremely common and everyone experiences cramps in their lifetime. Muscle cramps are quite common in adults and increase in frequency with age. The cramping of feet and legs (nocturnal leg cramps) and calf cramps (also known as Charley horse) are quite common.
- Skin care is mutliple activities carried on to ensure healthy looking skin devoid of any diseases and deformities.
Our teeth have a lot of work to do like chewing, grinding, biting, talking and also face the aging process. Hence, they need the care to keep them away from dental diseases. Brushing the teeth twice a day and flossing the mouth are age-old mantras to keep them healthy and safe. Other than this, attending routine dental check-ups and watching what you eat and drink are vital factors in deciding the health of your teeth.
The diseases of teeth are:
Also called tooth decay, this happens due to adult bacteria which survive on refined white sugar. When we eat candy or other sugary food, some morsels stick to the teeth, gums and in between teeth. Bacteria feed on this sticky food and thrive, releasing a toxin which causes tooth decay. The solution is to brush teeth regularly and floss the mouth. Avoid eating sticky sugary food.
This is a gum disease and occurs in the mild alkaline to the mild acidic environment in the mouth. The cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene and lack of the certain type of enzymes which can digest food substances. Gingivitis is a reversible condition with proper dental treatment.
If gingivitis is left untreated, it progresses into periodontal disease. In this disease, the plaque bacteria form crystals, which attach to the teeth, and these crystals destroy the ligaments, which attach teeth to the bone. As a result, pockets are formed, in which more food particles can be trapped and lodged. This causes the disease to progress, and eventually, it may lead to the removal of the tooth. The damage to the tooth and gum caused by periodontal disease is permanent and irreversible.
Also called bad breath or halitosis, mouth odor is due to remnants of food particles in the mouth. Enteric bacteria feed on these food particles and release an odor. Again, good brushing and flossing habits and the kind of food we eat play a key factor in preventing bad breath.
The two lymph nodes located on each side of the back of the throat are called tonsils. They function as a defense mechanism in preventing infections to the body. They prevent bacteria and virus from entering the body through the mouth. Tonsillitis occurs when the tonsils become infected. Though tonsillitis can occur at any age, it commonly occurs in children, especially from preschool age through their mid-teens.
Tonsillitis is of two types:
- Recurrent tonsillitis: Multiple episodes of acute tonsillitis every year.
- Chronic tonsillitis: Episodes last longer than acute tonsillitis
People with chronic tonsillitis may slowly start to experience obstructive sleep apnea. In this condition, the airway swells and prevents them from sleeping well. The infection can worsen and spread to other parts of the body.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
A fungus is a group of organisms that make spores. Fungi live mostly everywhere and usually don’t cause infections or skin growths. But, you may occasionally get fungal growths on your skin, like ringworm, jock itch, or vaginal yeast infection, athlete's foot.
When germs or bacteria eat the tooth away by making acid in the mouth, tooth decay occurs. It may form a hole in a tooth, which is called cavity. If the tooth decay is not treated timely, then it can lead to infection, tooth loss, and pain, which is unbearable. In extreme cases, an even abscess is formed in the tooth.
There are three layers of tooth:
- The first layer is the hardest layer called enamel.
- Middle or the second layer is known as dentin.
- The tooth’s centre is known as pulp. It is the deepest layer. Blood vessels and nerves are present here.
- The damage worsens, as the deeper layers get affected.
Having healthy eyes with good vision and without having any symptoms or pain is extremely important to your overall health and wellbeing. Many eye problems are benign such as dry eyes, redness or mild irritation in the eyes, near-sightedness etc.; however, other conditions such as macular degeneration and glaucoma are more serious and can lead to loss of vision and even blindness.
Some of the common eye diseases and problems are:
- Dry eyes
- Eye allergies, redness or irritation in the eyes
- Tiredness of eyes, pain around the eyes
- Refractive errors (near-sightedness or myopia, farsightedness or hyperopia, astigmatism (blurry vision), presbyopia (inability to focus on close objects))
- Retinal diseases (retinal tear or retinal detachment), cataract
- Optical neuritis (optic nerve inflammation)
- Glaucoma, macular degeneration
- Eye problems due to diabetes (diabetic macular edema and diabetic retinopathy)
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
Acute bronchitis often referred to as chest cold, is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
Bronchial tubes are the airways which carry oxygen from the trachea (windpipe) to the lungs and carbon dioxide back from the lungs to the windpipe. When the bronchial tubes get infected by virus or bacteria, the swell and produce mucus. This mucous causes a cough in the infected person.
Bronchitis can be acute or chronic.
In acute bronchitis, the patient is sick for week and symptoms last for 1-2 weeks. It comes quickly and is usually self-limiting.
In chronic bronchitis, the patient has recurrent episodes of a cough and can last for a long time. A cough is accompanied with mucus for almost up to three months in a year, and it may take around two years to recover fully.
A whooping cough is also called as or a 100-day cough or or Pertussis. A whooping cough is an infectious disease of the respiratory system which is caused by the bacterium Bordetella pertussis. It is an airborne disease which is highly contagious in nature. It spreads easily from a cough and sneeze of an infected person. At the initial stage the symptoms are same as that of a common cough during cold but it last longer to about several weeks along with coughing fits. The coughing fits are often accompanied by the whoop sound while people breathe.
The common cold is simply referred to as cold as well. The common cold is a contagious disease caused by viruses. It occurs in the upper part of the respiratory tract which affects mainly the nose. The body parts that may get affected by common cold are voice box, sinus, and throat. Symptoms and signs of the common cold may start to appear within two days after the exposure to the virus.The common cold is accompanied by a headache, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, coughing and sometimes fever as well. Generally, it might take a week to 10 days in the recovery. Some of the symptoms can stay even for three weeks. When the symptoms of common cold worsen, it can turn into Pneumonia.
The force of around 200 viruses is involved for causing the common cold. A virus known as rhinovirus is the most prevalent cause of common cold. Common cold vaccines are not yet available. The antidote of the common cold is also not yet made but relieve to the patients can be provided by treating the symptoms.
In humans, the common cold is one of the most reoccurring infectious diseases. Averagely, an adult may suffer from cold from a couple of times to four times in a year. Cold occurs mainly in winters.
Leprosy causes skin sores that are severe and disfiguring, nerve damage in arms, legs, and any skin area around the body. The infection results in lesions in the body, which are flat, red and irregular in shape. Destruction in nerves leads to sensory loss. Gangrene may also follow.
It is an infectious disease. You can catch leprosy if you come into repeated and close contact with mouth and nose droplets from a patient with untreated leprosy. Children are more susceptible to infection than adults.
Leprosy is curable, though deformities caused due to leprosy often can’t be reversed.
Leukemia is a group of cancers that result in high level of abnormal white blood cells. It usually starts in bone marrow or blood. These white blood cells, called leukaemia cells or blasts, are not fully developed and their DNA gets damaged. Healthy blood cells die after some time and the new one grow. But, in leukaemia, old cells do not die when they need to and keep growing. They occupy more space and eventually leave no space for good cells.
- Obesity is defined as the build-up of excessive or abnormal fat that may spoil health. BMI (body mass index) calculated by dividing the body’s mass by the square of body height, gives a rough idea of the tissue mass in an individual and helps in categorizing the individual as being underweight, normal weight or overweight.
- Obese people are prone to cardiovascular diseases, musculoskeletal abnormalities, and various kinds of cancer. Consuming healthy foods and regular physical activities can help prevent or reduce obesity.
- Acne, known as Acne Vulgaris, is one of the commonest dermatological complaints.
- Acne is especially prevalent during puberty and young adulthood, although some people may still suffer from it into their middle years. Acne is known in the general population as "pimples."
- Acne occurs when skin pores are blocked by excess sebum (natural oil produced by the skin) and by dead skin cells. As the sebum builds up, it causes inflammation of the surrounding skin. The lump that forms under the skin because of this blockage is called a comedo. A group of lumps is called comedones.
- If not treated properly acne can lead to permanent scarring. Acne also has important psychological implications such as low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression, especially in youths.
The pumping action of the heart delivers blood rich in oxygen and nutrients to the cells of the body. And, when the cells get proper blood flow, they are nourished and enable the body to function normally.
Also known as congestive heart failure, when the heart muscle does not pump the blood properly, heart failure occurs. This condition is when the heart is unable to handle the load. Conditions like high blood pressure, a disease of the coronary artery (narrowing of the arteries), etc. makes the heart very weak to pump blood effectively. Heart failure is very a serious and progressive condition and usually does not have a cure. However, even if you have suffered from heart failure, with proper medications and a few lifestyle changes, the conditions can be managed.
Heart failure may be due to a problem in the right ventricle (right side), left ventricle (left side) or may involve both the sides. Commonly, heart failure occurs due to a problem in the left ventricle, which is the main pumping side of the heart.
The different types of heart failure are:
- Left side heart failure: The fluid can collect in the lungs resulting in shortness of breath.
- Right side heart failure: Fluid may collect in the legs, feet, and abdomen and cause swelling.
- Diastolic heart failure: This is when the left chamber cannot fill or relax completely. This indicates a problem with filling.
- Systolic heart failure: The left ventricle of the heart cannot contract quickly and this indicates a problem with pumping.
- Headaches are one of the commonest presenting complaints in health care facilities. It is estimated that about 90% percent of the population will experience a headache at some point in their lives.
- The causes of headaches are numerous, and most often not a cause for concern. However, certain warning signs may indicate possible sinister causes.
- Headaches are classified as either primary or secondary.
- Primary headaches include Tension headaches, Migraines, Cluster Headaches.
- Secondary headaches include headaches due any other reasons (see causes below)
- Investigations done for headaches depend on the suspected cause of a headache. On physical examination, there may be tender neck and shoulder muscles in a tension headache or neck stiffness (meningism in meningitis. There may be features of neurological fall-out, such of loss of power or sensation in one hand, that may suggest bleeding in the brain or a mass or tumour pressing on nerve fibres.
- Special investigations done include radiological investigations and laboratory tests, depending on the suspected causative factor of a headache.
- Blood test for infective markers as well as a lumbar puncture will be done in suspected meningitis. CT scans or MRIs (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) are done in suspected intracranial masses(tumours), aneurysms (abnormal outpouchings formed in blood vessel linings) or bleeding.
Rhinitis is defined as an infectious disease in which the irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane occur inside the nose. This inflammation is caused by a bacterial or viral infection or by the attack of allergens or irritants.
Rhinitis is of three different types namely:
- Infectious rhinitis: Occurring due to bacterial or viral infection
- Non-allergic rhinitis: Drug-induced or due to environmental factors
- Allergic rhinitis: Caused by irritants or allergens
Allergic rhinitis is the most common among these 3 types. It is triggered by airborne allergens.
Tetanus is quite a serious infection caused by the bacteria called Clostridium tetani. It mainly affects the nervous system causing painful muscle spasms.
The bacteria produce toxins that attack the nervous system, impairing muscles; especially the jaw and neck muscle, causing severe contractions. Hence this disease is also called lockjaw. It is mostly a fatal disease, with treatment not being very effective.
However, the good news is that tetanus can be prevented by vaccines. Almost all cases of tetanus which are reported are found in people who haven’t been immunized against it. Tetanus is different from other infections in the sense that it does not spread from person to person or by contact. It is not contagious.
Symptoms Treated With GUMTONE POWDER 40GM
Symptoms or signs of conjunctivitis differ on the basis of the factor responsible for it: Certain symptoms may be:
- Eyes become red or pink.
- White or green sticky discharge may ooze out from the eyes.
- Vision may get blurred.
- Inflammation is caused in the eyes.
- Eyes may feel a burning sensation.
- Eyes may become more sensitive to light.
- Itchiness may be felt in the eyes.
- Tear flow from the eyes increases and one may a have watery eyes all the time.
- Feeling of grittiness may be felt all the time in the eyes.
- Eyelashes may feel sticky after one wakes up.
- Enlargement of the lymph nodes in the ears.
- Pain or burning sensation may be felt.
- A sore throat and fever may be caused in the case of viral conjunctivitis.
- Sensitivity of teeth when chewing or drinking
- Painful tooth
- Inflammation of gingiva (gums) or secondary periodontitis
- Visible tooth break down and carries on the teeth
What Are The Symptoms Of Diarrhoea
- Loose, watery stools.
- Cramps in abdomen leading to abdominal pains.
- Frequent bowel movements.
- Urgent need to pass bowls
- Blood in stool (sometimes)
What Are The Symptoms Of Eczema
Eczema, irrespective of the part of body affected, has following symptoms:
- Dark, thick and patchy skin
- Cracked and rough skin
What Are The Symptoms Of Constipation
- Passing 3 or fewer stools in a week.
- Hard, lumpy stools.
- Difficulty in bowel movements.
- Feeling of blockage in the rectum.
The main symptom of infertility is the inability to get pregnant even after 1year of regular unprotected intercourse.
The symptoms depend upon the changes in menstrual cycle or ovulation cycles. Hormonal changes also produce some symptoms which indicate infertility.
Other symptoms are enlisted as below:
- Irregular menstrual cycle.
- Heavy or light periods.
- The absence of periods.
- Excess pain during periods.
- Sudden hair loss
- Weight gain
- Abnormal growth of hair
- Increase in glucose levels.
What Are The Symptoms Of Sinusitis
The commonly identified symptoms of sinusitis are:
- Facial pain.
- A runny nose.
- Loss of olfaction (sense of smell).
- Severe congestion.
What Are The Symptoms Of Canker Sores
- The only symptom of the disease is the formation of sores. A tingling or burning sensation might be there prior to the appearance of sores. These may be minor or major in severity.
- Minor canker sores are small and usually oval in shape. These measures less than about 10mm across and 2-3mm depth. They contain a white-yellow center with a red border. These may take up to 2 weeks to cure.
- Major canker sores are much painful. These are usually irregular in shape and lack proper margin. They measure up to 1 cm in depth. These may take about 3-6 weeks to cure.
- Swollen lymph nodes, fatigue and continuous fever.
What Are The Symptoms Of Gum Diseases
- Sensitivity when eating hot or cold foods
- Bleeding gums when brushing or flossing
- Halitosis (bad breath)
- Tartar build-up on teeth
- Gums that pull away from teeth, making teeth more visible
- Gingiva may be red, swollen or inflamed
- Teeth that are loose in their sockets
Symptoms of muscle cramps include:
- Local pain
- Twitching of muscle
- Cramped muscle becomes hard
- Disturbs function of affected limb
What Are The Symptoms Of Skin care
Everybody wants to look beautiful and skin is the most important part of not only beauty but also a healthy body. Your skin shows how healthy your body is. However, skin is also the most easily affected part of the body if proper care is not taken. Some of the symptoms of poor skin are:
- Acne, chapped lips, moles, warts
- Early wrinkles
- Uneven texture, patches, dryness on the skin, blotchiness.
- Dark spots or hyperpigmentation
- Flaky/ scaly skin, rashes
What Are The Symptoms Of Teeth health
The general symptoms of all dental diseases are:
- Tooth pain.
- Sensitivity: There is a sharp tingling sensation when consuming hot or cold drinks or beverages.
- Bleeding gums.
- Red and swollen gums.
- Cavities in teeth.
- Pain while chewing.
- Bad breath.
- Mouth sores.
- Loose teeth.
What Are The Symptoms Of Tonsillitis
- A very sore throat, swollen tonsils
- Fever, bad breath, difficulty or pain in swallowing
- Neck and jaw tenderness caused by swollen lymph nodes
- A scratchy-sounding voice
- Chills, stomach aches, headaches, earaches
- Tonsils that appear swollen and red, and/ or have white or yellow spots
Very young children may also feel irritable, experience excessive drooling or poor appetite.
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
- Darkening of skin, redness
- Rashes or small bump
What Are The Symptoms Of Tooth Decay
Symptoms of a tooth decay increase with time. Tooth decay can lead to:
- A toothache: A sharp and unbearable pain is felt when the condition worsens. Generally, the patient suffering from the tooth decay is unable to sleep. Sometimes, tooth ache may result in a headache as well. It can be continuous or a sharp occasional pain.
- Teeth become sensitive: Tooth with infection feels the pain or tenderness while drinking or eating something sweet, cold, or hot.
- Pain due to pressure change: Sometimes toothache is experienced while under water scuba-diving or flight take off; it indicates the presence of a cavity in the tooth. Pressure change irritates the nerves of an infected tooth, which causes severe or dull pain or uneasiness.
- Appearing of the black, brown, or grey spots on one’s teeth is the sign of unhealthy teeth.
- Bad breath: When tooth starts to decay one experiences unpleasant or foul smell, which is caused due to the accumulation of bacteria in the mouth.
- Bleeding tooth: Sometimes, blood is visible on the toothbrush; it can be a sign of cavity in the tooth, but not necessarily. Blood can be visible due to harsh bristles of the brush or roughly brushing the teeth. Definitely, get oneself examined in the case one finds recurring bleeding of gums.
- Swelling in gums: Tooth decay can cause the damage to nerves, which may result in swelling of the gums. Swelling may not always be painful.
- An unpleasant mouth taste is experienced.
What Are The Symptoms Of Eye Health
Some of the common symptoms of eye problems include:
- Dry eyes, blurry vision
- Discharge from the eye, light flashes
- Irritation of the eye, redness
- Sensitivity to light
- Pain in eyes, a headache
- Vision loss, tearing
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
Acute bronchitis is contagious and spreads from person to person. Symptoms include:
- High-grade fever, a runny nose.
- Initial dry cough, which later changes to wet cough with mucous.
- Sneezing, watery eyes.
- Congestion in the nose.
- Head ache, a sore throat.
- Wheezing, tiredness.
- Body pain.
- Complications include high-grade fever, breathlessness, chest pain and pneumonia.
You can notice that the mucous changes in colour from white to green and then to yellow. It just means that your immune system is trying to fight off the infection.
At the initial stage, the symptoms of a whooping cough are same as that of a common cough. These symptoms last from 1 to 2 weeks. The symptoms of a whooping cough occur in 3 different stages.
Stage 1. Catarrhal stage: This stage lasts for 1-2 weeks. These includes:
- A runny nose, tiredness
- Low-grade fever, a mild or occasional cough
- Apnea in babies
- During this stage, doctors are not able to diagnose a whooping cough as it is like a common cold only.
Stage 2. Paroxysmal stage: This stage lasts from 1-6 weeks or can last up to 10 weeks also. At a later stage, where after 1 to 2 weeks as the disease progress the more severe symptoms appears indicating a whooping cough. These includes:
- Rapid cough followed by a sound, whoop
- Numerous fits of cough, vomiting
- Turning blue due to chronic and persistent cough
- The Infected person remains contagious till 2 weeks after the cough begins.
Stage 3. Convalescent stage: This stage may last for several months. During this stage, the cough starts reducing gradually. Now the infected person is no more contagious and becomes susceptible to other respiratory infections such as common cold. Spasms of coughing may return.
What Are The Symptoms Of Common cold
After the exposure to the virus, the symptoms may occur in few days. Certain symptoms and signs of the common cold are as followed:
- Stuffy or a runny nose.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Regular coughing.
- Congestion is experienced in the chest.
- A mild headache and slight body pain may occur.
- Continuous sneezing is experienced in some of the cases.
- A little temperature rise of the body can occur.
- Feeling of general sickness may be felt.
- The nose may discharge green or yellow, thicker mucus.
- Breaths become shorter.
- Pain in the sinus.
- Pain in the ear can be experienced.
- Eyes and eyelids may become heavy.
- Extreme fussiness may occur.
- Unusual drowsiness is experienced.
- Loss of appetite can also be of the symptoms of common cold.
- Certain complicated symptoms that may occur along the common cold:
There are fewer chances of such complications but sometimes cold gets worse and reaches to one’s ears, sinuses, or chest.
- Ear infection: The main signs of ear infection are yellow or green nasal discharge and aching ears. It commonly occurs in small children.
- Sinusitis: When a common cold stays for a longer period then the chances of sinusitis increases. Symptoms of sinusitis may include infected and inflamed sinuses.
- Asthma: Wheezing or difficulty in breathing may be provoked by a common cold.
- Chest infection: Infections like bronchitis and pneumonia can be caused by prolonged common cold.
- Strep throat: Common cold is accompanied by strep throat infection. In this condition, throat becomes sore along with coughing.
What Are The Symptoms Of Leprosy
- Leprosy mainly affects the nerves and the skin outside the spinal cord, and the brain (known as peripheral nerves). It can also strike the thin lining of tissue inside the nose and the eye.
- The key symptom of leprosy is lumps or bumps, disfigured skin sores that continue to appear after even several weeks or months.
- The incubation period (the time between contacting with the bacteria and the appearance of symptoms) is usually about 3 to 5 years. It takes years for the symptoms to appear, after getting infected with leprosy causing bacteria. In some people, symptoms take more than 20 years to develop.
- It is difficult for doctors to determine where and when a person got infected with bacteria of leprosy, due to the long incubation period.
What Are The Symptoms Of Leukemia
Symptoms may include bruising and bleeding problems, increased frequency of infections, fever, feeling tired, bleeding gums, vomiting, loss of appetite and bleeding in the middle of mensural cycle amongst many others.
What Are The Symptoms Of Obesity
- Abnormal weight
- Pot belly
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne
- Acne starts out as comedones. People with acne present with blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules (commonly known as “pimples”) or nodules (lumps that form under the skin). Often people with acne suffer from an oily skin complexion.
- Acne is classified as either inflammatory or non-inflammatory acne.
- Comedones are non-inflammatory acne. They can either be closed (whiteheads) or open (blackheads). The color of a blackhead is not debris or an indication of bad skin hygiene, but melanin (the skin’s surface pigment).
- Inflammatory acne occurs when bacteria invade the skin, causing papules or pustules (pimples). Nodules and cysts are also inflammatory lesions. Nodules are deeper skin lesions, while cysts are fluid-filled lumps.
- Acne usually presents in common areas of increased oil production such as the forehead, nose, chin, chest and upper back.
- Acne can be classified as mild, moderate or severe, depending on the amount and type of lesions.
The condition of heart failure can be chronic i.e. ongoing or acute i.e. starts suddenly and the symptoms of heart failure include:
- Weakness and fatigue
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea) when you lie down or exert yourself
- Edema or swelling of feet, legs, and ankles
- Inability to exercise
- Irregular or rapid heartbeat
- Coughing or wheezing with pink or white phlegm tinged with blood
- Ascites or swelling of abdomen
- Weight gain due to retention of fluid
- Urgency to urinate at night
- Nausea and lack of appetite
Reduced alertness or difficulty in concentration
If heart failure is due to heart attack, then you may experience severe pain in the chest
Acute shortness of breath and coughing foamy, pink phlegm
What Are The Symptoms Of Headache
- Symptoms usually differ depending on the cause of a headache.:
- Tension headaches can present with tender neck and shoulder muscles, jaw clenching at night or a feeling of a tight compression around the head (a band-like headache).
- Migraines are usually severe headaches, with associated nausea or vomiting. Sensitivity to light or sound may be present. A headache is usually pulsating and on one side of the face/head. Migraines can present with or without aura. Auras are symptoms that typically precede the onset of migraine headaches. These symptoms include blurred vision, seeing flashes or stars.
- Cluster headaches mostly affect males. These headaches are usually severe, on one side of the head around the orbital area. It may include redness, tearing and drooping of the eye.
- Possible sinister headaches may present with following:
- Headaches due to raised intracranial pressure (possible tumour or brain mass) can have an early morning headache that improves during the day, projectile vomiting, neurological symptoms such as weakness or loss of sensation, as well as new onset seizures.
- A thunderclap headache- sudden, severe onset of a headache, often described as "the worst headache of my life"- may indicate subarachnoid haemorrhage (bleeding under one of the meninges/linings of the brain).
- Meningitis or encephalitis can present with neck stiffness, fever, sensitivity to light, decreased the level of consciousness or seizures.
What Are The Symptoms Of Rhinitis
Common symptoms of rhinitis are:
- Sneezing, running nose
- Stuffy nose, nasal itching
- Watery eyes
- A cough, wheeze
- Swollen eyelids, headaches
What Are The Symptoms Of Tetanus
The incubation period (the period from the time of exposure to illness) ranges from 3 to 21 days, and symptoms may be experienced anytime between a few days to a couple of weeks once the bacteria enter the body. Common symptoms include:
- A headache, fever, sweating.
- Painful stiffness in body muscles, especially jaw and neck muscles.
- Cramps in the jaw.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Sudden tightening of involuntary muscles, especially stomach muscles.
- Blood pressure problems and increased heart rate.
- Very painful spasms which might last for several minutes; usually triggered by common things like light, touch, loud noise, etc.
- Face muscle spasms which cause strange facial expressions like a continuous stare, smile or grin.
Complications of this infection are:
- Bone fractures: Sometimes the spasms are so severe that they may cause the bones or the spine to break.
- Involuntary tightening of vocal chords.
- Pulmonary embolism: In some cases, a blood clot travels from a different part of the body and ends up blocking the main artery of the lung or any of its branches.
- Death: Muscle spasms sometimes cause difficulty in breathing, causing respiratory failure which may be fatal. When the person cannot breathe, lack of oxygen may also lead to a cardiac arrest. Pneumonia is also a complication of this disease leading to death.
Causes of diseases where GUMTONE POWDER 40GM is used
There can be various reasons that may cause conjunctivitis. These factors can be as follows:
- Bacterial conjunctivitis: In bacterial conjunctivitis, if one gets affected, then the infection may spread to another eye. It may be caused by certain bacteria, which are such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenza, and Staphylococcus aureus.
- Viral infection: It may be experienced in either one or both the eyes. It is an extremely contagious infection, which can be caused by airborne viruses. These viruses may get spread through coughing or sneezing.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Certain Sexually transmitted diseases, which include chlamydia and gonorrhoea may result in Conjunctivitis knows as chlamydial and gonococcal conjunctivitis respectively. This may be transferred from one partner to another while copulating.
- Neonatal conjunctivitis: A newly born baby might get affected by conjunctivitis while passing through infected mother’s birth canal. A type of chlamydial infection known as trachoma is the cause of eye’s surface scarring. The leading reason of preventable blindness is the trachoma.
- Irritants: Conjunctivitis may be caused by Irritants, which may be like loose eyelashes, fumes, smoke, shampoo, and swimming pool’ chlorinated water.
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This can be caused by certain irritants like pet dander, dust mites, or pollen.
- Contact Dermato Conjunctivitis: This type of conjunctivitis may be caused by makeup products, certain chemicals, or contact lenses.
- Giant papillary conjunctivitis: It may be caused by eye stitches from an eye surgery, and things that come in contact with eyes during the surgery.
- Poor oral hygiene
- Sugar and other food debris that stay on teeth. Sugar provides energy to bacteria to multiply, as well as creating an acidic pH in the mouth, promoting tooth breakdown
- Conditions that reduce saliva may also predispose to cavity formation. Saliva contains white blood cells and IgA proteins that are a part of the body’s immune system, and help to protect against bacteria in the mouth. Saliva also contains enzymes to help keep the mouth clean and assists in maintaining the healthy pH balance in the mouth:
Conditions that reduce saliva includes medical conditions such as Sjögren’s syndrome and Diabetes Mellitus
Medications such as muscle relaxants, opioid analgesia, and antihistamines also cause reduced saliva production
What Are The Causes Of Diarrhoea
- The main cause is the virus that infects gut. However various other causes are an allergy to a food, alcohol, diabetes, diabetes to the intestines, medications, Laxatives, radiation therapy, running, surgery, cancers, troublesome nutrition absorption.
What Are The Causes Of Eczema
Exact causes of eczema are still unknown, but it is often triggered by an overactive response by body’s immune system to an irritant. People who have the family history of certain allergies or asthma are more at risk of developing eczema.
Certain foods like nuts or dairy products can also trigger eczema. Environmental factors or pollens also trigger eczema in some patients.
Constipation can be caused by any of the following reasons:
- Changes in your usual diet or activities.
- Antacid medicines containing calcium, iron or aluminium.
- Colon cancer.
- Eating a lot of dairy products.
- Eating disorders. Eating too much of junk food, white bread.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis.
- Not being active.
Female infertility can be due to a number of reasons. A single factor cannot be blamed for infertility in a female. The causes are enlisted as below:
- Genetic factors: Chromosomal abnormalities can lead to female infertility.
- Ovarian factors: To get pregnant ovaries must produce and release the egg for fertilization. An absence of ovulation leads to female infertility. There can be a number of causes which can lead to ovulation such as:
Polycystic ovarian syndrome, anovulation
Ovarian cancer, chemotherapy
Premature menopause, Turner syndrome
- Uterine factors: Disorder in the uterus can also to female infertility. The causes are enlisted as below:
- Tubal factors: Damage or blockage in fallopian tubes can cause infertility in females. This can be due to:
Pelvic inflammatory disease
Tubal occlusion or dysfunction
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors also contribute to female infertility such as:
Age: Age can affect women’s fertility. With the increase in age the fertility of female decreases. A woman above 35 years of age is less fertile as compared to her age in 20’s.
Sexually transmitted disease: STD’s are also responsible for making women infertile.
Body weight: Being overweight or underweight also affects the fertility of women. Too much body fat increases the production of estrogen which hinders the normal menstrual cycle. Likewise less body fat decreases the production of estrogen leading to irregularities in menstrual cycles. The irregular menstrual cycle does not allow ovulation to occur properly and causes infertility.
Smoking: Tobacco smoking affects the normal functioning of ovaries thus affecting the ovulation and leading to infertility.
Unhealthy Eating habits: Poor eating habits contribute to the weight and affects ovulation process.
Stress, anxiety, unhappiness in the relationship also contributes to the problem of infertility.
- Presence of disease: Diseases such diabetes, thyroid, arthritis, cancer can affect the fertility of female.
What Are The Causes Of Sinusitis
Causes for sinusitis are generally cited to be:
- Common cold.
- Allergic rhinitis.
- Deformed septum in the nasal cavity.
- Formation of nasal polyps.
Though the proper cause for canker sores remains unclear, the following are listed as the triggering factors for canker sores:
- Injury to mouth.
- Food allergies.
- Mouthwashes and kinds of toothpaste that contain Sodium Lauryl Sulphate.
- Deficiency of vitamin B, iron, folic acid, and zinc.
- Infection due to bacteria.
- Emotional stress.
- Hormonal changes during menstruation in women.
- Also, canker sores are related to conditions like:
- Celiac Disease.
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Crohn’s disease.
- Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome.
- Behcet’s disease.
- Poor oral hygiene is the biggest contributor to developing gingivitis.
- Hormones may play a role in women, especially in pregnancy and during puberty
- Heart disease or lung disease may present with periodontitis in childhood
- Conditions with lowered immunity such as diabetes may predispose to gum disease developing
- Poor nutrition can lead to gum disease
- Connective tissue disorders such as SLE or Ehler’s Danlos Syndrome may contribute to gum disease (especially periodontitis)
- Genetic conditions such as Down’s syndrome
Muscle cramps are caused due to various reasons such as:
- Exercising, overuse of the muscles, injury.
- Due to cold temperature, especially cold water.
- Medical conditions like kidney disease, thyroid disease, multiple sclerosis, peripheral arterial disease (problems with blood flow).
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time, standing for a long time on a hard surface, placing legs in awkward positions when sleeping.
- Reduced levels of minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, etc.
- Medicines like diuretics, statins, birth control pills, statins, etc.
- Nerve compression (lumbar stenosis).
- Insufficient blood supply.
What Are The Causes Of Skin care
Skin problems are mostly symptoms of the problem within the body. Some of the causes of poor skin health are:
- Drinking less water (leading to dehydrated body)
- Poor diet, eating too much of junk food
- Too much of sun exposure, smoking, drinking alcohol
- Stress, less physical rest
- Pollution, not washing your face frequently
- Using too much of make-up, using poor quality of makeup products, not removing makeup before sleeping
- Any skin disease, any problem like imbalance of hormones
Dental diseases are caused by microorganisms that live in the mouth and release toxins causing damage to dental tissue. The mouth offers resources for the bacteria to survive and multiply. There are three types of bacteria thriving in the oral cavity - pathogenic, beneficial, and neutral. When the mouth is dominated by beneficial bacteria, then there is good dental health. When pathogenic bacteria dominate the oral cavity, it leads to dental diseases. Neutral bacteria follow whichever bacteria are dominant.
Causes of tooth and gum diseases are:
- Sugary foods: When bacteria in the mouth combine with remnants of sugary or starchy food particles, they form a colourless, sticky substance called plaque. When you don’t remove plaque from mouth by proper brushing and flossing, it hardens into tartar or calculus. Removal of tartar will require a dental procedure by a dentist.
- Acidic foods: Acidic drinks and foods attack the tooth enamel, thereby damaging it. Soft drinks contain enormous amounts of sugar, which facilitate plaque formation. The acidic content of soft drinks erodes teeth enamel and causes damage to teeth.
- Dry mouth: Saliva in the mouth is helpful in inhibiting plaque formation. People with dry mouth are more prone to dental problems. Dry mouth condition is caused by certain medications. Diseases like diabetes also cause dry mouth issues.
- Grinding of teeth: People who grind teeth in their sleep or under stress are invariably damaging their teeth. The grinding process strips away the enamel (outer layer of teeth), thereby causing tooth decay.
- Genetics: Some people inherit tooth crevices and enamel problems from parents. This can also lead to teeth problems.
- Poor dental hygiene: Improper brushing and flossing is the number one cause of teeth problems.
What Are The Causes Of Tonsillitis
Tonsillitis can be caused by either a bacterial or viral infection of the tonsils. Virus infections are more common causes of tonsillitis. The viruses that can cause tonsillitis are influenza virus, adenovirus, parainfluenza virus, enterovirus, Epstein-Barr virus, measles virus, cytomegalovirus, and herpes simplex virus.
Bacterial tonsillitis is most often caused by Streptococcus pyogenes.
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
- Weakened immune system
- Certain medications like antibiotics
- Keeping skin wet for long
- Swimming in infected water
- Using contaminated items like towel, clothes
What Are The Causes Of Tooth Decay
- Food and bacteria are the major cause of the tooth decay. There is a layer of sticky, clear substance known as plaque. There are bacteria present in the plaque, which feed on the food that one eats, especially foods containing sugar.
- While feeding the bacteria form acid. This acid may attack the teeth around for 20 minutes or may be more after one has consumed the food. With the time, enamel of the teeth destroys, which causes tooth decay.
- The few things, which make one more prone to tooth decay are:
- Not flossing and brushing one’s teeth daily or preferably twice a day.
- Not visiting a dental expert for cleaning and check-ups.
- Not enough saliva formation: Saliva helps to wash away harmful sugar and foods. Hence saliva helps to protect one’s teeth from decay.
- Diabetic patients are prone to tooth decay: High level of glucose in saliva helps the plaque and the bacteria to grow, which leads to tooth decay.
- Deficiency of fluoride may cause tooth decay.
- Chewing or smoking tobacco can lead to tooth decay.
- Eating too slowly. Some children take a lot of time while eating their meals, which can also cause cavities and tooth decay.
What Are The Causes Of Eye Health
- Age (glaucoma, cataract, macular degeneration)
- Diseases like diabetes, infections due to viruses, allergens, bacteria, chemicals, dirty contact lenses and loose eyelashes (causing pink eye or conjunctivitis)
- Blockage of eye glands (causing sty)
- Allergies, dryness
- Wearing wrong prescription glasses or contact lenses
- Staring at the computer, phone, e-readers, etc. for long periods of time
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
Acute bronchitis occurs more frequently in children and elderly people. However, all age groups are at risk of getting this disease.
- The main cause of this infection is a respiratory virus. Around 10% of cases are caused by a bacterial infection. Other factors which might increase the risk of an infection are:
- It is more common in the winter months.
- Repeated exposure to other persons with bronchitis or the common cold.
- People with a previous condition of upper respiratory tract infection may also get acute bronchitis.
- Exposure to dust, pollutants, chemical fumes, etc.
- Inhaling cigarette smoke.
- Failure to take vaccinations against diseases like whooping cough, pneumonia, and flu.
- Weakened immunity system makes it easy for viruses to cause infections.
A Whooping cough is a respiratory infectious disease caused by bacterium Bordetella pertussis. It is a serious contagious disease in which Infection occurs in the trachea and bronchi. The infectious bacterium gets attached to the cilia and multiplies.
This bacterium then releases harmful toxins which cause inflammation of the airways. The narrowing of the airways make difficult to breathe and the cough becomes more intense. This intense cough produces a sound called as “whoop”.
It can spread from the patient to another person through:
- Direct contact with the fluid from the mouth or nose of the infected person.
- Droplets from the mucus of infected person spread in the air, which can be inhaled by the other person.
What Are The Causes Of Common cold
- The common cold is the infection causes in the upper-respiratory tract. It is caused by the attack of the viruses. It is a myth that not wearing enough cloth in winters or cold weather causes the cold. Some of the ways one can catch infections are as follows:
- Exposure to the virus by touching any contaminated object like cell phone remote controls, laptops, etc. or any virus containing surface like door knobs, taps, etc.
- Close contact with an infected person.
- Using the personal belongings of a person suffering from the common cold like the towel, clothes, etc.
- A mild infection may be caused in adults by three types of viruses responsible foe cold. However, in old people, children, and individuals with a weak immune system it can cause serious lower respiratory tract problem. Also, patients with heart and lung diseases, asthmatic patients, and premature babies are at a higher risk of getting the complications like pneumonia and bronchitis.
What Are The Causes Of Leprosy
- Leprosy, also known as Hansen's disease, is caused by a slow-growing bacterium called Mycobacterium leprae (M. lepra)
What Are The Causes Of Leukemia
The exact cause of leukaemia is not known. Environmental and inherited factors both seem to play a vital role in the development of leukaemia. Different types of leukaemia are caused by different reasons. Smoking, certain chemicals like benzene, ionizing radiation, prior chemotherapy, family history of leukaemia and down syndrome are some of the risk factors.
Other factors, which increase the risk of leukaemia, are pollution, smoking, pesticides in foods, water, untreated fungal infections, mercury toxicity, nuclear radiations, cell phone tower radiations, overhead power lines and intestinal toxicity amongst many other factors.
What Are The Causes Of Obesity
- The major reason that leads to over-weight or obesity is the imbalance between the calories consumed and the calories burnt. The intake of high energy foods and the sedentary lifestyles has led to the global widespread of obesity.
What Are The Causes Of Acne
- Causes of acne are multifactorial. There are many myths surrounding causes and home remedies.
- Genetics play the largest role (estimated in 80%) of acne cases.
- Hormones, especially increased testosterone during puberty, play the second biggest role. Androgens increase the production of sebum by the skin’s oil glands as well as an increased production of cells found in the skin’s epidermis (top layer).
- Hormonal changes during normal menstrual cycles, as well as pregnancy also play a role in women.
- The bacteria, Propionibacterium Acnes, which is usually found on the skin, is another important role player. The areas of inflamed skin surrounding comedones make it easier for bacteria to accumulate and grow.
- Although there are many myths surrounding diet in acne, there are few scientific conclusions around its actual role. Carbohydrates and milk products have shown some suggested links, but none are definitive.
- Facial hygiene is important, but plays a small role, especially in severe acne.
There are many conditions that can weaken or damage your heart and result in heart failure and some of the causes are:
- Heart attack and coronary heart disease
- Damaged heart valves due to heart infection, heart defect or coronary heart disease
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Cardiomyopathy or damage of the heart muscle due to diseases and infections, smoking, abuse of alcohol and drugs, chemotherapy drugs and genetic factors.
- Myocarditis (inflammation of heart muscle).
- Congenital heart defects (born with heart defects).
- Heart arrhythmias or abnormal rhythms of the heart.
- Other diseases like HIV, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, hemochromatosis (iron build-up) and amyloidosis (protein build-up).
- Severe infections, viruses attacking the heart muscle, blood clots occurring in the lungs, allergic reactions, illness affecting entire body or certain medications.
What Are The Causes Of Headache
Headaches can have a myriad of causes.
The commonest headaches are:
- Tension headaches- often multifactorial, with stress, poor posture, muscle weakness, sleep deprivation and jaw clenching as related causes.
- Migraines- Usually a genetic component, with certain individualised, specific triggers such as chocolate, caffeine, exercise, menstruation, and alcohol. Migraines are more common in females due to the hormonal changes associated with normal menstrual cycles.
- Headaches from fatigue or dehydration
- Caffeine withdrawal headaches
- Cluster headaches
- Other rarer headaches include:
- Post-coital headache
- Sinus headaches
- Brain tumours or other space occupying lesions
- Bleeding on the brain
Side effects of certain medications can also cause headaches. These include antidepressants, treatments for erectile dysfunction or withdrawal headaches from chronic analgesic-overuse that contains opioids or caffeine.
What Are The Causes Of Rhinitis
Rhinitis is caused by viral or bacterial infection or by airborne allergens. Causes of rhinitis are mentioned below according to their types:
- Infectious rhinitis: This type of rhinitis is commonly caused by viral or bacterial infection. Common cold also causes infectious rhinitis.
- Non-allergic rhinitis: This type of rhinitis is not caused by infection or allergy but it can be due to certain medications, hormonal changes, occupation or environmental changes.
- Allergic rhinitis: This type of rhinitis is caused by exposure to airborne allergens such as pollens, mold, dust, animal dander etc.
What Are The Causes Of Tetanus
Clostridium tetani spores are present in the soil, manure, animal faeces and dust. They might be present everywhere due to environmental factors. These spores enter the human body through cuts or wounds. When we have a puncture or an open wound injury caused by an infected object like a blade, splinter, nail or an insect bite, the spores enter the human body and multiply rapidly. Once inside the body, spores grow into bacteria and release a powerful neurotoxin called tetanospasmin, which attacks the nerves that control muscles. As a result, one experiences muscle stiffness and spasms.
Common ways by which the bacterial spores enter human body:
- When wounds are contaminated with infected saliva, dirt or faeces.
- When injuries are caused by sharp objects like a nail, needle, blade, tattoo, piercings, etc., which cause the puncturing wounds.
- Gunshot wounds.
- Insect or animal bites.
- New born baby may get tetanus from an infection of the umbilical cord as a result of unhygienic practices during child birth.
- Tetanus can also be caused by some uncommon ways like:
- In compound fractures, where the broken bone is exposed.
- Infections in teeth.
- Surgical procedures.
- Injections given into the muscles (intramuscular).
- Infected foot ulcers.
- Superficial wounds, where only the uppermost layer is scraped off.
- Chronic sores.
- People who do not get vaccinated against tetanus and those are not up to date with booster shots are at high risk of getting the disease.
Worst Foods With GUMTONE POWDER 40GM
What Are The Worst Foods For Conjunctivitis
Some of the bad foods for curing conjunctivitis patients are as follows:
- Starch containing foods: Conjunctivitis patient must avoid a huge intake of sugar and starch rich foods, as it may worsen the inflammation caused by conjunctivitis. Some of the sugar and starch comprised foods are jams, cookies, cakes, pastries, pies, puddings, doughnut, pancakes, potatoes, refined cereals, white bread, canned fruits, and syrups.
- Spicy foods: consumption of spicy foods may delay the process of healing the infection caused by conjunctivitis. Also, spicy foods may promote the inflammation in the eyes during conjunctivitis. Some of the spicy foods that must be avoided by conjunctivitis patients are spicy curry, pickles, and Schezwan sauce.
- Sugars and artificial sweeteners
- Unrefined carbohydrates like bread and pastries
- Any sticky foods that adhere to teeth e.g. dried fruits or jelly sweets
What Are The Worst Foods For Diarrhoea
Don’t consume the following if suffering from Diarrhoea:
- Fatty foods as they make Diarrhoea worse
- Dairy products except for yogurt, as Diarrhoea leads to lactose intolerance
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks act as dehydrating agents
- Artificial sweeteners have a laxative effect on the digestive system.
- Foods leading to the excess of intestinal gas as beans, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Tainted foods prone to mishandling like fish or meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eczema
Following foods may not cause allergies, but can trigger inflammation. Hence, if you have eczema, you should limit your intake of:
- Soy, Soy sauce, pickles, spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods containing preservatives or having artificial ingredients. Foods in this category are fast foods, junk foods, trans fats, margarine etc.
- Oranges, tomato, grapes and grape products like wine, grape juice etc. Grapes are rich in MSG, which worsens eczema.
- Kiwi fruit, a strongly acidifying food.
- Avocado, good food to have in the diet when you don’t have eczema. But those who have eczema should avoid it as it worsens the disease.
What Are The Worst Foods For Constipation
Avoid cheese and dairy items
- Fried foods
- Red meat
- Frozen food
- Unripe banana
- Processed food
- Don’t take foods having trans-fats such as cakes, creams, biscuits, sandwiches, fried foods as these triggers an inflammatory response in the body leading endometriosis, affecting ovulation, abnormal hormone production, implantation and ultimately infertility.
- Avoid excess intake of coffee and alcohol as these can lead to miscarriages.
- Raw eggs should be avoided due to the presence of contaminations.
- Avoid low-fat dairy foods such yogurt as this can hinder with the menstrual cycle.
What Are The Worst Foods For Sinusitis
The food items to be avoided in the condition of sinusitis are:
- Salt or salty foods: Avoid excess salt intake as it increases water retention in inflamed tissues.
- Fried food items: These foods have higher amounts of saturated fats and cholesterol, leading to poor oxygen supply and blockage in the sinus
- Meat: It promotes inflammation and contains high levels of saturated fat.
- Dairy products: These foods increase mucous production leading to worsened condition. These include milk, cheddar cheese, pizza cheese, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Canker Sores
Here are few of the foods to avoid in case of canker sores:
- Spicy food: These can trigger the outbreak of canker sores or can aggravate existing sores. Some of the most common spicy foods include pickles, green chili curry, hot peppers, and garlic among others.
- Coffee: Coffee can irritate the sensitive membrane present in the mouth and can evoke canker sores.
- Tomatoes: These are excessively acidic when compared to other vegetables and are better to be avoided.
- Pineapple: Pineapple is said to possess a compound that dissolves the skin membrane in the mouth.
- Citrus fruits: These are highly acidic and are best to be avoided to manage canker sores.
- Fried foods: Chips, fries, and pretzels are deep fried in oil and packed with preservatives which can be the triggering factor for the development of canker sores due to allergies.
What Are The Worst Foods For Gum Diseases
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners. Sugar is acidic, and also creates an environment for bacteria to thrive in.
- Unrefined carbohydrates like white bread and pastries.
- Foods that have a low pH (acidic foods). A low pH creates a favourable environment for bacteria. Coffee, alcohol and pickled foods are high in acid.
- Cold foods such as iced drinks or ice cubes, may worsen the pain and sensitivity related to gum disease. Receding and inflamed gums lead to exposed nerve endings, which can elicit a pain response to cold substances.
What Are The Worst Foods For Muscle Cramps
- Avoid drinking alcohol, as it causes dehydration and the muscle cramps to worsen.
- Avoid tea, coffee and soda as the caffeine contained in these constrict the blood vessels, reduce circulation in the muscles and worsen muscle cramps. Drink water, herbal tea or decaf instead.
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin care
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Fast food, junk food.
- Cow’s milk (Sometimes cow’s milk is taken from pregnant cows. It has increased levels of hormones, which in turn can cause acne).
What Are The Worst Foods For Teeth health
- Sugary sweets and candies: Sugary food is what bacteria thrive on. Even if you wish to have sweets, opt for those which leave no particles sticking to the teeth and clear out of the mouth quickly.
- Starchy carbohydrates: Foods like chips, crackers, bread, and pasta contain starch which is available as sugar to the bacteria.
- Carbonated soft drinks and sodas: Firstly, carbonated drinks again contain a lot of sugar. Secondly, they contain phosphorous and carbon dioxide which are known to wear away the enamel of the teeth. This causes them to get brown or stained.
- Fruit juices: Though fruit juices are healthy, they contain sugar and acids which are a bad combination for teeth. If you regularly consume juices, don’t keep them for too long in the mouth. Use a straw for minimal contact with teeth.
What Are The Worst Foods For Tonsillitis
- Avoid citrus fruits like oranges as they aggravate the irritation of the throat.
- Avoid solid foods if they cause pain while eating. You can shift to solid foods as you feel better.
- Avoid dishes like sambar as it contains tamarind, a sour ingredient that can cause throat irritation.
- Avoid spicy foods till your throat irritation improves.
- Avoid fatty foods, fried foods, sugar and refined starch as they are difficult to digest, thus suppressing the immunity.
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
- Poor eating habits lead to the poor immune system, which in turn leads to the risk of catching the fungal infection. You should avoid:
- Eating stale food, bacteria laden water.
- Too much use of anti-biotics, as weakens the immune system.
- High amounts of processed foods (especially sugar).
- Foods with high glycemic acid (white bread, most white rice, high sugar breakfast cereals).
- Dairy products except for probiotic yoghurt.
- Nuts and seeds like Cashews and pistachios which have the high content of carbohydrates.
- Smoked meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Tooth Decay
One of the main causes of tooth decay is food. It is essential to watch what one eats to prevent tooth decay. Certain foods that must avoid for healthy teeth are:
Sugar containing foods: Literally, sugar is teeth’s enemy. Foods containing sugar promotes the growth of bacteria on the teeth, which results in acid formation. The acid can lead to tooth decay. One should try to brush his/her after consuming sugary food. Some of the sugar-containing foods that one must avoid are packed juices, jams, pastries, candies, milk chocolates, cookies, cakes, puddings, and syrups.
Do not chew ice: Ice is not a sugar substance; it is just solidified water then also it hurts teeth. The reason behind this that any hard substance may harm teeth and enamel can get damaged. Therefore, one must avoid chewing ice.
Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits are highly acidic in nature, which can cause the tooth enamel to erode, making the tooth more vulnerable to decay. The few citrus fruits to avoid are the lemon, grape fruit, tangerine, pomelo, and key lime.
Coffee and tea: Caffeinated tea and coffee tend to dry one’s mouth, which leads to increase in the number of bacteria, as saliva is decreased to wash them out. Drinking plenty of water can minimize the effect of tea and coffee. Tea and coffee also lead to the staining of the teeth.
Alcoholic beverages: Alcohol can also lead to the dryness of the mouth that means less saliva is formed. Because of which bacteria do not wash away. Hence, alcohol consumption promotes the decaying of the teeth. Some of the alcoholic beverages are beer, wine, whiskey, and rum.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eye Health
- Sugar and sugary foods are linked to poor eyesight, especially if you suffer from diabetes, it can lead to eye problems due to insulin response affecting metabolism.
- Avoid saturated and trans fats as these cause inflammations in the body and result in poor eyesight. Avoid cakes, cookies, crackers and other baked products, fried foods like chips, French fries, etc.
- Avoid sweetened beverages as they contain added sugars like fructose corn syrup that cause poor eye health.
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
- Reduce the intake of milk as it tends to increase mucous production.
- Avoid fried food, sugary food and food made from refined flour. Do not eat candies, pastries, fries, ice cream, etc. They contain a lot of sugar and synthetic vitamins, which add little or no value to the body’s nutritional requirement.
- Avoid alcohol as well as caffeinated beverages. They dehydrate the body and make the mucous hard. This makes it difficult to remove from the body.
What Are The Worst Foods For Whooping cough
- Processed and refined foods should be avoided as these contain excess salt which can increase the cough.
- Avoid pickles, condiments, coffee, tea, sugar and meats as these will increase the mucus content.
- Avoid all products made from white flour and sugar causes fermentation which can increase the whooping cough.
- Avoid ice-cream, candies and soft drink as these can worsen the condition
What Are The Worst Foods For Common cold
Some of the foods to cut down to curb common cold and its symptoms are as follows:
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages: Immunity of one’s body gets weakened by alcohol, also body experiences dehydration. Such conditions make one even more vulnerable to common cold. So, one should not consume alcohol, especially in a hefty amount to prevent the common cold. Some of the beverages to avoid are beer, wine, tequila, vodka, and whiskey.
- Dairy Products: The Dairy product should be cut down during the common cold, as consuming dairy items may worsen the mucus formation. Excessive mucus causes the common cold to irritate even more. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid completely are milkshakes, cold coffee, milk ice creams, butter, cheese, yoghurt, cream, pudding, and other milk desserts.
- Packed Juices: When one is suffering from the common cold he/she must stay away from packed fruit juices as they consist of high amount of added sugar. Sugar decreases the efficiency of WBC to fight against infections. The Vitamin C benefits from the packed juice are cancelled by excessive sugar present in them.
What Are The Worst Foods For Leprosy
- Avoid spicy foods as they may increase the irritation of the skin.
- Avoid junk foods or any food, which might reduce immunity of the body
What Are The Worst Foods For Leukemia
- Since the stomach gets upset easily after chemotherapy, avoid foods like coffee, spicy foods, tobacco, alcohol etc.
- Sugar, sweets.
- Saturated fats, fried foods as they are difficult to digest.
- Food additives, artificial flavours, refined foods.
- Some patients may experience more stomach upset with dairy products, soy or wheat. Check if your symptoms worsen after taking these items and if the answer is yes, delete them from your food list till you are off the treatment.
What Are The Worst Foods For Obesity
To manage overweight and obesity, following foods must be avoided:
- Sweetened beverages
- Refined grains
- Large amounts of fruit juice
- Red meat and the processed meat
- Highly processed foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Acne
- Avoid foods with a high-glycaemia component (simple sugars/carbohydrates)
- White rice, Rice cakes, Potatoes, Puffed cereals, White Bread, Pasta, Sugar in any form- Honey, and fructose (bananas, mangoes, apricots, pineapples)
- Some studies have linked dairy to acne, although the response is based on the individual
- If you have excluded both carbohydrates and dairy from your diet, and you still struggle with acne, it is advised to consult your doctor for treatment
- If you are already on treatment for acne, eliminating these foods may be complementary.
What Are The Worst Foods For Heart failure
- Avoid trans fats in the food you eat. Avoid eating baked foods like margarine, cakes, pastries, fried fast foods, frozen pizzas, cookies, etc.
- Avoid meats that are high in fat like prime cuts, hamburgers, etc.
- Reduce the amount of cheese you eat, especially the ones that contain salt.
- Avoid processed foods like hot dogs, bacon, canned foods, ramen, soups, macaroni, and cheese, etc.
- Avoid condiments like pickles, mustard, sauces with salt, etc.
- Avoid salt or salty foods or reduce the amount of salt used in your cooking (limit amount of salt and sodium to around 1500-2000 mg per day).
- Avoid sugary foods and foods that do not have any nutrition such as sodas, fast food, candy, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Headache
- Migraines: Caffeine(can either be a trigger or treatment), dairy, alcohol, chocolates
- Tension headaches: Caffeine overuse
What Are The Worst Foods For Rhinitis
- Gluten: Foods such as wheat, oats, and barley contains gluten which should be avoided. Gluten increases the mucus production leading to nasal blockage.
- Fried and processed foods: Fried and processed foods are rich in omega 6 fatty acids which increase inflammation. Whole grains, vegetable oils, nuts should be avoided to minimise the risk.
- Cold drinks and cold food: This type of food increases the spasm leading to a cough. These worsen the symptoms of rhinitis, hence should be avoided.
- Nuts, seeds and herbs: These contain ragweed, a type of pollen which triggers the rhinitis.
- Food preservatives: Preservatives are also responsible for exacerbating the allergic rhinitis. Artificial colours and flavours present in foods trigger the symptoms of rhinitis.
- Sugar: Eliminate sugar. It increases mucus production and worsens the symptoms.
- Dairy products: Dairy products contain lactose which tends to increase inflammation and mucus formation. Such products should be avoided to manage rhinitis.
- Alcohol: Alcohol consumption should be limited as it causes dehydration and increases congestion by stimulating the production of mucus.
What Are The Worst Foods For Tetanus
- Eating a healthy diet is very important for recovery and to give required to the muscles. Avoid:
- Foods with empty calories like sugar laden foods: sweets, ice creams, and pastries
- Junk foods: Junk food fills up the plate, but hardly provides any nutrition to the body.
Do's With Usage of GUMTONE POWDER 40GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Conjunctivitis
Tips to follow while suffering from conjunctivitis are as follows:
- Cover One’s nose and mouth while coughing or sneezing: An infected person must keep his/her mouth and nose cover during coughing and sneezing. Doing so may prevent the fluid discharge from nose and mouth of an infected person to come in contact with a healthy person. This then transfers the infection from infected person to the healthy one.
- Keep the eyes clean: There is a fluid discharge during conjunctivitis. This discharge is contagious and can transmit the infection from one person to another. Hence it is essential to clean the discharge time to time with a clean wet cloth, cotton, or a tissue paper. After using these things make sure to dispose them off safely. If not disposed of, they might spread infection when comes in contact with healthy people.
- Keep washing hands repeatedly: One should wash his/her hands frequently if suffering from Conjunctivitis. Doing this helps to wash away the germs which reduce the risk of transfer from touching the infected person. If not washing, then keep a hand sanitizer with oneself to keep sanitizing the hands repeatedly. One must sanitize his/her hands before touching objects of daily use like door knobs, laptop, remote control, mobile phones etc.
- Wear Sunglasses: A must tip to follow when suffering from conjunctivitis is keeping the sunglasses on. Because during conjunctivitis one’s eyes become extremely sensitive to certain factors like sun light, wind, dust, fumes, smoke, etc. Also, keep cleaning the sunglasses time to time to keep it germ-free.
- Maintain hygiene and a healthy distance from others: Hygiene maintenance is important, so that the infection does not spread to one’s family members, and loved ones. Keep oneself away from public places like school, college, work place, etc.
- Lie on the affected side: Doing this may prevent discharge coming in contact with an unaffected eye and reduces the chances of infecting the healthy eye.
- Wash one’s belongings separately: Items used by the infected person like clothes, handkerchief, towel etc. must be cleaned separately using the clothes disinfectant in hot water to kill infection causing microbes.
- Warm or cold compress must be used: One must apply warm compress on infection-based conjunctivitis and cold compress when the conjunctivitis is caused by an irritant or an allergic reaction.
- Keep oneself refrained from smoke, dust, and other irritants as eyes are sensitive during conjunctivitis.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Dental Cavities
- Brush twice a day with a fluoride enriched toothpaste. Fluoride helps to strengthen teeth and prevent caries.
- Floss once a day to keep bacteria from accumulating between the teeth.
- Visit your dentist six months for a check-up and professional cleaning of teeth.
- Along with your dental checkup, ask for fluoride treatment to be applied to your teeth.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Diarrhoea
To prevent diarrhoea, follow:
- Keep the food preparation area neat and tidy.
- Thaw frozen food in the refrigerator.
- Consume clean water.
- Wash the fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- Cook meat thoroughly.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eczema
- Moisture your skin frequently.
- Keep sweat to the minimum to avoid flare ups.
- Identify your eczema triggers and avoid them.
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid hot water baths and it can lead to flare ups. Take room temperature baths.
- If you need to do a work, which requires affected parts to get wet, try some protection (e.g. gloves on hands if you have eczema on hands)
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Constipation
- Constipation is usually caused by wrong food habits, which disturb the digestion system of the body. Apart from that, try the following:
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, as it helps in digesting the food faster.
- If you are taking any iron supplement, pl. ask your doctor to change it. Most of the iron supplements cause constipation.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Female infertility
To prevent infertility, women should:
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Having a well-balanced diet, proper body weight will help to conceive more easily.
- Avoid stress. Infertility is a stressful condition and taking more stress can hinder the treatment.
- Take necessary supplements on time.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Sinusitis
- Drink enough fluids.
- Use warm compresses to relieve sinus pressure and open the blockage.
- Use a humidifier to reduce the stuffiness in the nose.
- Use nasal douches or nett pots to rinse sinuses.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Canker Sores
The following are helpful in combating canker sores:
- Use a soft toothbrush and brush your teeth after meals to get rid of food particles that can trigger the formation of canker sores.
- Practice meditation to control stress in life.
- Understand the triggering factors of the episodes of canker sores are very often.
- If any signs of improvement are not seen in a couple of weeks’ time, one should consult a doctor immediately.
- Smudge a little amount of milk of magnesia on the sore part for at least 3-4 times a day.
- Rinse your mouth with over the counter mouthwash for 3-4 times in a day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Gum Diseases
- Practice good oral hygiene. Brushing twice a day with a fluoride- supplemented toothpaste
- Daily flossing is essential to remove excess plaque between the teeth, where brushing doesn't reach
- Regular 6monthly dental check-ups and professional cleaning to remove tartar
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Muscle Cramps
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated to prevent cramps.
- When you have cramps, stretching the muscle that is involved can help to stop the cramps.
- If you have cramps in your legs, walking around or jiggling your leg can help to relieve the cramps.
- Massaging the muscles that are cramped can help to relax the cramp.
- Applying a hot pad or having a hot soak can help to relieve the cramp.
- If the cramps are due to dehydration, then replacing the fluids, especially electrolytes can help to relieve the cramps.
- Riding a bike can help to stretch and condition your muscles.
- Ensure that you stretch your muscles before and after a workout and before you go to bed at night to prevent cramps.
- If you are doing some activity that triggers the cramp stop doing the particular activity.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin care
- Drink lots of water.
- Whether you have acne or not, keep your face clean. Cleanse at least twice a day.
- Use natural cleansers to clean your face.
- Exercise and relax.
- Use only good quality skin care products.
- Find out the exact cause of your skin problem as skin problems can be caused due to hormonal changes, taking contraceptive pills, stress, smoking, over exposure to sun etc. Identify the root cause and make your treatment plan accordingly.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Teeth health
- Brush your teeth at least two times a day to wash off any food substances remaining in the mouth.
- Flossing your teeth regularly is as important as brushing. Flossing removes food particles trapped in between teeth and also removes bad odor.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months. Bristles become weak after a time and are ineffective in cleaning the teeth. You have to change your toothbrush after a bout of illness to prevent re-infection.
- Wash the bristles thoroughly after each brushing ritual.
- Chew on sugarless gum. Chewing produces saliva which helps in washing off the bacteria.
- Give a massage to your gums at least two times a week.
- Clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner.
- Drink lots of water to keep the mouth moist.
- See the dentist biannually for a general check-up of the teeth.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Tonsillitis
- Use throat lozenges.
- Drink plenty of fluids, take full rest.
- Use a humidifier or oil heater to moisten the air in your room.
- If your doctor has prescribed you antibiotics, please complete the course. Do not leave taking antibiotics in the middle if you start feeling better.
- Wash your hands often, especially when you come into contact with someone having a cough, a sore throat, or is sneezing.
- Drink lots of warm water throughout the day.
- Try to treat tonsillitis naturally rather than depending upon antibiotics.
- Inhale steam 3-4 times a day.
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Fungal infection
- Keep your skin dry as wet skin often can cause fungal infection. People who sweat more are more likely to get the fungal infection. So, wipe your body dry frequently if you perspire heavily.
- Wash all towels/ clothes in warm soapy water
- Keep you bath tub dry and disinfected. Clean it especially after every bath.
- Take vitamins and probiotics to improve your immune system.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Tooth Decay
It is important to maintain a good oral health, but today’s lifestyle makes it difficult to achieve healthy teeth and gums. Here are some important tips that one must follow to prevent tooth decay:
- One must brush his/her teeth twice a day: It is important to brush one’s teeth two times daily, preferably after having meals. Also, it is necessary to adopt a correct way of brushing, which one can learn by viewing online videos.
- Aim to clean the whole mouth and not just teeth: Cleaning teeth is just a part of overall oral health. Bacteria cause damage to the entire mouth including inner cheeks, tongue, throat, and gums. Hence, it becomes important to clean and brush the entire mouth thoroughly. One can also use mouthwash for aiming a mouth free of germs.
- Flossing: Many people just ignore this important step of oral hygiene, but it is mandatory to floss if one wants to achieve healthy and cavity free teeth. Flossing is a process in which a thread is used to clean the areas between the teeth. A moderate number of bacteria and food remaining are accumulated between the teeth, which do not come out just by brush. This trapped food and bacteria cause the damage to the teeth for long period of time. Hence, to avoid this decay one must definitely use floss.
- Recognize and pay attention to the symptoms of oral health problems: One of the main reasons of extreme dental issues is ignorance of the signs and symptoms that one faces over a long period of time. People only realize their teeth problems when they suffer from unbearable pain, and then they rush to a doctor. When the patient suffers from extreme pain, generally treatments like tooth extraction and root canal are mandatory. These treatments can surely be avoided if the symptoms are taken care of, in the early stages.
- Go for professional cleaning: Time to time cleaning of teeth can surely avoid the tooth decay.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eye Health
- When you are outdoors, protect your eye by wearing sunglasses, which will help to protect your eyes from the ultraviolet rays of the sun. Too much of exposure to UV rays causes macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Use safety eyewear if you play sports that can cause eye injury or if you work with hazardous materials in your workplace.
- Ensure that your glasses or contact lenses are up to date, especially if you work on your computer for long periods of time.
- Move your computer screen so that the top of the screen is in level with your eyes and you look slightly down at the computer screen.
- If your eyes are very dry, then blink more often.
- While working, rest your eyes after every 20 minutes, for around 20 seconds look 20 feet away and after every 2 hours, get up and take a break for 15 minutes.
- Get your eyes checked regularly and if your vision is blurry, then maybe your prescription requires correction.
- Maintain your blood sugar.
- Do eye exercises for at least 20 minutes a day. This will not only relax your eyes but also prevent early onset of various eye problems like cataract.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- If you are suffering from acute bronchitis, do use a tissue to cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing. This will help in preventing your co-workers or friends from contracting this infection.
- If you are working in factories, do use a mask to avoid inhaling dust and smoke.
- Do wash your hands frequently, especially in the flu season, to get rid of any virus or germs that you might have picked up.
- Use humidifiers if you think there is an increase in humidity in the room.
- Inhale steam three to four times a day so that the mucous gets liquefied. It will clear congestion.
- Do take vaccination for flu every year.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do take rest.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Whooping cough
To prevent a whooping cough:
- Get your child vaccinated.
- Allow only vaccinated people to come in contact with infants.
- If you are pregnant do receive a vaccination against a whooping cough in your third trimester.
- Ensure that your child gets complete sets of vaccines at all these ages: 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 15 to 18 months, and 4 to 6 years.
- Do schedule a booster shot (Tdap) when immunity from the pertussis (a whooping cough) vaccine tends to wane
- at 11-12 years of age.
- All adults should also get Tdap (whooping cough booster) vaccine once.
If you or your child is diagnosed with a whooping cough then:
- Do take antibiotics on time as prescribed by the doctor
- Maintain proper hygiene by removing the irritants which triggers cough.
- Try to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
- Take small meals over a period of time to avoid vomiting.
- Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing with cloth or tissue.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Common cold
The tips that one should follow while suffering from common cold are as follows:
- Keep one’s hands clean: Keep the hands clean by sanitizing them or washing them, as it helps to avoid the transferring of cold causing viruses. Especially, clean one’s hands after visiting public places like movie hall, shopping complex, gym, airport, and railway station. As these places contain a lot of germs.
- Usage of disposables is recommended and encouraged if anyone from the family is suffering from common cold. By doing this one can prevent infection from spreading. After the usage disposables should be put into trash cans. One must particularly use disposable crockery like cups, plates, spoons and glasses, paper tissues.
- Maintain the hygiene of one’s dwelling place: One should keep the house area germ free by cleaning it thoroughly with disinfectants. One must take care of cleaning the most touched things in the house like remote control, laptop, cell phone, etc. It helps to avoid viral infection, which includes common cold.
- In the case of children suffering from common cold, clean his/her toys and utility items properly.
- Keep the towels and clothes separate for the person suffering from common cold.
- Maintaining a healthy and good lifestyle is important. One must exercise, take healthy meals, and sleep properly to boost up the immune system. Body’s immunity helps to fight the common cold and other infection.
- Keep the stress in control: Stress is one of the major factors that weaken one’s immunity; hence one should try to relax. Good immunity means increases in the efficiency to fight with germs that cause the common cold.
- Make swimming a habit: People are prone to common cold should try swimming and make it a habit. Doing so can improvise the flow of blood in the nasal tract.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Leprosy
- Seek the treatment at the earliest. Leprosy is contagious only if not treated.
- Keep the clothes, utensils of patient separately and wash them with hot water and disinfectants every day.
- If you see any changes or side-effects after starting the medication, please talk to your doctor immediately.
- Be careful not to get injured as numbness in affected areas may not make you feel any pain if injured.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Leukemia
- Managing the tiredness and replenishing energy, which one loses in the process of treatment, one needs to manage one’s life in the best possible way:
- Do brief exercises at 5 days a week, as it helps in replenishing the lost energy.
- Aim for at least 10 fruits and vegetables a day to get sufficient vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
- As a side effect of chemotherapy, the appetite of patient reduces. Even if you do not feel like eating, take small portions of meals frequently. But one has to force-feed oneself to some extent.
- Depression is the most common thing to happen to a person undergoing chemotherapy. Get the help of professional caregivers and try to involve yourself in various activities.
- Fatigue is caused by anaemia and it should be managed with iron rich foods, iron rich foods and blood transfusion.
- Some patients may experience mental fog (memory loss, confusion, lack of concentration). It could be short term or long term.
- Most of the patients experience hair loss, digestive disorders, oral and dental complications but these are short term and go away as the treatment ends. So, maintain a positive outlook that everything will be alright soon.
- Consider a hair shave before chemotherapy to save the patient from the trauma of hair loss, which is one of the common side effects of chemotherapy.
- Eat steamed food.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Obesity
To prevent or reduce obesity, do the following:
- Regular exercise
- Consume vegetable-based oils rather than animal-based oils.
- Take adequate sleep
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acne
- Consult your doctor sooner rather than later. Early treatment is important, especially for moderate to severe acne, to prevent scarring
- Sunlight has some anti-inflammatory effects. Moderate sunlight exposure may help curb the inflammation, but be sure to use a non-comedogenic sunscreen
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Heart failure
Making certain lifestyle changes can help to prevent heart failure such as:
- Controlling problems like diabetes and hypertension.
- Eating healthy.
- Being physically active.
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Use healthy methods of cooking like baking, boiling, steaming, grilling, etc. instead of frying.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Headache
- If you are prone to develop tension headaches, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is necessary.
- Exercise and healthy diet help with stress reduction and elimination of toxins from your body.
- Be sure to eat right and drink plenty of fluids
- If you suffer from migraines, keep a migraine diary and try to determine what the specific triggers are.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Rhinitis
- Stay away from the cause if it is known.
- Keep your mouth and nose covered while going out.’
- Keep yourself and your living area clean to reduce the attacks of allergens.
- Regularly clean your nasal passage with a saltwater solution. This will help you keep your nose free of irritants and minimise the symptoms.
- Inhale steam to clear the excess mucus and irritants.
- Drink plenty of water to remove the toxins from the body.
- Keep your pets neat and clean to avoid exposure to animal dander.
- Limit outdoor activities during dusk and dawn.
- Take your medications regularly as prescribed to manage the symptoms.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Tetanus
- If you have got a puncture wound or a deep cut, any bite wounds or dirty wounds, you are at a high risk for tetanus infection, particularly if you are not vaccinated. Seek medical help for a booster shot and antibiotics.
- Initially, keep unclean wounds open so that bacteria are not trapped within a bandage.
- If you’ve got a minor wound, first stop bleeding by applying pressure.
- Clean the wound with soap and clean running water.
- Apply an antibiotic cream to prevent bacterial growth.
- Now apply a bandage to protect from further infection.
- Change the dressing regularly to prevent infection.
- Keep the area dry.
- Since jaw muscles stiffen and pain in this condition, apply a cold pack three times a day. It will give some relief.
- Doing jaw exercises will relax the jaw muscles to a certain extent.
Dont's With Usage Of GUMTONE POWDER 40GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Conjunctivitis
One must take care to avoid following things while suffering from conjunctivitis:
- Do not rub or touch the affected eye: Rubbing and touching the infected eye may worsen the condition and symptoms of conjunctivitis. It may cause inflammation and irritation to increase.
- Do not cover the infected eye with an eye pad, as warmth worsen the problem. Use dark glasses instead.
- Do not let others use one’s personal belongings: Anything that is used by the patient of conjunctivitis should not come in contact with other. As it may consist of germs. One must stop sharing items like a towel, eye drops, eye makeup products, sunglasses, etc. if suffering from conjunctivitis. Even if one comes in contact with the belongings of an infected person, then he/she must sanitize their hands with antiseptic soap and warm water.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Dental Cavities
- Don’t eat your food too slow. If food stays in the mouth for long periods, that also leads to cavities.
- Smoking has a direct effect on tooth enamel, as well as creating systemic inflammation.
- Do not leave suspected tooth cavities untreated. Destruction of teeth due to caries are progressive. Early intervention will be cost saving and will involve minimally invasive procedures.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Diarrhoea
To prevent diarrhoea, follow:
- Don’t consume stale food.
- Avoid uncooked foods when out.
- Don’t eat uncooked eggs.
- Avoid unpasteurized dairy products.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eczema
- Don’t scratch the itchy skin.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid tight clothes.
- Avoid synthetic clothes.
- Avoid stress as it can increase the irritation.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Constipation
- Don’t over use laxatives as these can cause hard to treat constipation.
- Don’t have a lifestyle of less physical activity.
- Never ignore the urge to go to the toilet.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Female infertility
- Intake of alcohol and caffeine should be avoided as these can hinder the process of ovulation.
- Women trying to conceive should avoid the use of pain-killers as these can affect the release of the egg by changing hormonal balance.
- Smoking should not be done as it can cause changes in DNA fragmentation and changes the hormonal levels also leading to miscarriages and labor pain.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Sinusitis
- Avoid taking flights or travelling to high altitudes as it can increase the symptoms of sinusitis.
- Don’t consume alcohol.
- Avoid irritants like dust and pollen.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Canker Sores
These are few of the factors to avoid in the management of canker sores:
- Avoid chewing gums and abrasive food like potato chips because such foods can stick in the mouth.
- Don’t touch the sores while brushing the teeth.
- Don’t chew tobacco or smoke as it can increase the chances of getting sores.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Gum Diseases
- Do not smoke. Second, to poor oral hygiene, smoking is the biggest contributor to gum disease.
- Do not leave any suspected gum disease unattended, periodontitis can have bad consequences, especially if the disease starts to spread into the mandible or maxilla.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Muscle Cramps
- Avoid increasing the amount of exercise suddenly, increase it gradually every week.
- If you have a cramp, don’t ignore the cramp and keep exercising. Stop until the cramp subsides.
- Avoid putting ice on the cramped muscle, as it will keep the muscle still in cramp. Post a workout or after any major injury, putting ice helps to decrease the muscle hangover, but to relax the muscle, increase blood flow and loosen the muscle fibres, applying heat is better.
- When the muscle is cramped, it may be difficult t find a comfortable position to rest. Place the cramped muscle or joint in a position where it stays at normal length or even slightly stretched. Resting it in a shortened position can cause it to cramp again.
- Avoid strength training the cramped muscle as it will worsen the cramp.
- If you have a lot of cramping, then it may be due to some other medical condition. If you suffer from muscle cramps regularly, then see a doctor.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin care
- Use make-up sparingly.
- Avoid using fragrances, pomades, or gels on your hair. If they get on your face, they can block your skin's pores and irritate your skin.
- Avoid touching your skin part which has acne, rashes. It can spread the bacteria, and also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
- Do not sleep with make-up on.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Teeth health
- Do not brush too hard, you will tear the gums or damage the tooth.
- Do not forget to rinse your mouth after eating sugary food.
- Do not sleep with your mouth open.
- Do not smoke as it is known to cause oral cancer.
- Do not keep sipping on beverages like tea or coffee throughout the day. This gives a chance to the bacteria to thrive and attack the enamel of the teeth.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Tonsillitis
- Since tonsillitis is highly contagious, stay away from people with active infections.
- Do not gargle immediately after having food.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid drinking cold water and aerated drinks.
- Surgery should be avoided if possible, as most of the children get tonsillitis less often once they cross the age of 8.
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Fungal infection
Since fungal infections are contagious, you should take special care of the following:
- Avoid scratching the infected area
- Do not share infected person’s clothes, towel or comb.
- Sometimes, water in swimming pools also may also cause fungal infection. Check if you experience continuous itching or rashes after swimming.
- Avoid works which require long term exposure to water like washing clothes, cleaning utensils etc., if you have the fungal infection in your hands.
- Avoid taking too much of anti-biotics, immune suppressants and steroids, as they cause increased risk of getting fungal infections.
- If you have the fungal infection in your feet, do not wear close shoes. Use flip flops instead.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Tooth Decay
- Follow the tips that are mentioned below to achieve healthy teeth:
- Do not brush one’s teeth in a hurry: Take time for cleaning the teeth well. Otherwise, bacteria and food particles remain in the mouth causing acid formation. Acid further deteriorates the condition of the teeth.
- Do not smoke: Smoke can cause the ill effect on the gums that promote the tooth to decay further, which often leads to bad breath. Smoking also results in the discolouration of the teeth.
- Do not use same the tooth brush for a long period of time: Using the same toothbrush for more than three months can decrease its affectivity. Hence, one must replace the brush timely. Also, consider replacing the brush after one has suffered from common cold or the flu to prevent infection. Keep the brush covered, so that germs do not accumulate over it.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eye Health
- Avoid the glare from lights and windows and if required, make use of an anti-glare screen. Dim your computer and TV screens a bit.
- Avoid looking at the computer or phone screen for too long as they can cause problems such as blurred vision, eye strain, dry eyes, headaches, back, neck and shoulder pain and trouble with focusing at a distance.
- Avoid or quit smoking as this causes damage to the optic nerve, causes cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid working in the poor or dim light. Use a soft white light that doesn’t produce glare and also does not reflect into your eyes directly.
- Avoid dusty areas as the dust can harm your eyes.
- Don’t wear your glasses and contact lenses all the time. Remove them every now and then and give your eyes some rest.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid being around people who smoke. Passive smoking also causes bronchitis.
- Avoid going out in damp weather.
- If you have acute bronchitis, be considerate of others by not going out in public places, parks and malls.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Whooping cough
- Don’t take cough medicines as these will not help much.
- Don’t come in contact with other people if you’re getting the treatment for a whooping cough until you complete the 3-week course of antibiotics as the disease is contagious and risk of spreading to others is also there.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Common cold
One must avoid a few things when attached by the common cold. Some such things are as follows:
- Do not touch one’s face, particularly the eye, mouth, and nose area, when exposed to the people suffering from common cold.
- Do not smoke: Smoking a cigar or a cigarette may disturb the air passage and increase the chances of the common cold, and certain other infections. Passive smokers are also at a risk of catching a common cold. Hence, smoking should be completely avoided.
- Avoid going to the work place: Since common cold is a contagious disease, one should avoid visiting public places. Also, some rest is advised during common cold accompanied by fever.
- Do not travel by air: When suffering from common cold, one should not take flights. Increase in pressure while flying can make the ear drum rupture if one is congested. Also, dry air of the plane may irritate the inflamed nasal track and enhances the chance of bleeding nose.
- Do not drive when feeling drowsy: Lack of sleep caused due to blocked nose and inability to breathe properly can make one feel drowsy all the time. Also, certain medicines prescribed in common cold have sedatives in them, which may cause drowsiness. Driving in such state may be proved hazardous, hence avoid driving in such illness.
- Avoid sexual activities: Although indulging in sexual activities is said to be an immunity booster, but it may cause the transmission of common cold causes viruses. Especially, kissing a healthy partner by the infected partner may result in the transferring of the germs. Hence, one should restrict from sexual activities.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Leprosy
- Seek the treatment at the earliest. Leprosy is contagious only if not treated.
- Keep the clothes, utensils of patient separately and wash them with hot water and disinfectants every day.
- If you see any changes or side-effects after starting the medication, please talk to your doctor immediately.
- Be careful not to get injured as numbness in affected areas may not make you feel any pain if injured.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Leukemia
- Don’t smoke, drink alcohol too much as they directly linked to cancer.
- Don’t go for repeated X-rays, unless absolutely necessary.
- Since the body has low immunity during treatment, don’t eat raw fruits or vegetables as they may contain bacteria. Certain fruits like banana and oranges are safe as you take off thick peel before eating.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Obesity
- Decrease the energy intake from total sugars and fats.
- Never skip breakfast as skipping breakfast makes you consume more calories during the day.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acne
- Skin moisture balance is essential. Do not over dry your skin with cleaning products. Over drying will cause the skin to produce more sebum, creating a vicious circle.
- Do not use facial scrubs too often, as the exfoliation may worsen the skin’s irritation
- Although it can be very tempting, do not "squeeze" the acne as it causes a spread of bacteria, that can lead to more acne, and may result in scarring.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Heart failure
- Don't take stress
- Avoid smoking and if you do, quit completely.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Headache
- Leave headaches untreated or uninvestigated.
- If any possible danger or red flags symptoms are present, seek medical advice
- Overuse of over the counter drugs painkillers. These may cause rebound headaches if used too often
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Rhinitis
- Don’t over medicate to get fast relief as it may cause serious side effects.
- Don’t dry your clothes outside as it may attract pollens.
- Don’t touch your pet as this will increase the risk for allergy.
- Don’t ignore the symptoms and rush to the doctor if symptoms get worse.
- Avoid tobacco and smoking.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it causes nasal blockage.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Tetanus
- Do not leave any wounds unattended. If you have an open wound and it breaks the skin, then there is a possibility of contracting tetanus infection. If you have had a tetanus vaccine, the doctor might give you a booster. But if you aren’t really sure of having being vaccinated, then you will need the first primary vaccine for tetanus.
- Do not forget to immunize children against tetanus. Follow up the immunization schedules and take booster shots as prescribed.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfGUMTONE POWDER 40GM
- One can put a cold compress on his/her eyes if suffering from allergic conjunctivitis.
- One should try staying indoors to avoid spreading the infection to others.
- Rubbing eyes is strictly not allowed in conjunctivitis.
- Certain natural treatments for conjunctivitis are as followed:
- Holy Basil: Holy basil has healing properties. It strengthens one’s immune system, which helps to fight the infection. It also has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, which shields the eyes against free radicals, and environmental factors. Holy basil can also fight with fungal eye infections, bacteria and virus infections.
- One can add basil leaves to the boiling water for about 10 minutes. This water containing basil leaves can be used to wash eyes, also one can dip wash cloth or cotton pads in basil water, which may help to clean the eyes.
- Green Tea: Green tea is full of antioxidants and bioflavonoids. Hence, green tea helps to relieve inflammation, and irritation caused due to conjunctivitis by fighting against viral and bacterial infection.
- One tea bag of a green tea can be soaked in a boiling water and let the tea cool down to the room temperature. Now, use the green tea to wash the infected eye or it can also be used as a compress to provide warmth by dipping a cotton pad in green tea.
- A gel made of Aloe Vera leaves: Elements present in a gel made of Aloe vera like emodin have antiviral and anti-bacterial properties. Hence, Aloe vera helps to fight the conjunctivitis infection. Also, Aloe vera helps to decrease the inflammation caused by conjunctivitis infection, and increase the healing rate. One can use Aloe vera gel around the eyelid and eyes, as soon as the symptoms of pink eye or conjunctivitis are noticed.
- Once the signs of conjunctivitis are noticed, put aloe gel near the eyelids and eyes. Some of the eye drops also consist of Aloe Vera gel, to reduce inflammation and some other eye issues.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is well known for its healing abilities. It also diminishes the inflammation; hence it works effectively in conjunctivitis and reduces the symptoms efficiently.
- 2 tbsp of powdered turmeric can be boiled in a cup of water. Then, a clean wash cloth or cotton pad can be dipped in the turmeric water and can be applied on the infected eye. It helps to relieve the symptoms to a great extent.
- Oil made from Indian lilac (Neem Oil): Indian lilac has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory characteristics that help to aid the conjunctivitis symptoms. Gently dab the Indian lilac oil near the eyelid and eyes to relieve the conjunctivitis symptoms.
Please consult a doctor before opting for any of these natural treatments for conjunctivitis.
Consider buying fluoride enriched mouth wash if you are prone to develop dental cavities.
What Are The Tips For Diarrhoea
Following precautions can be taken to prevent Diarrhoea:
- Wash your hands before eating and after using the bathroom.
- Wash your hands after touching your pet or their waste.
- Use soap for about 20 seconds while washing hands, in the case of absence of soap use sanitizer.
- Keep children away from putting contaminated objects into their mouths.
- Store half a litre of water in the copper jug overnight and drink it empty stomach in morning. This helps in getting rid of every type of constipation. Continue it for a week or a month, depending on the severity of your problem.
- Take one spoon of Isabel in hot milk every day till you get rid of constipation.
Infertility is a treatable disorder. In some cases, medications alone can treat infertility. While in some cases it requires special treatment methods to treat infertility such as IUI, IVF.
Along with medications, it is advisable to make some changes in living standards to treat infertility. This will speed up the infertility treatment process. Below are some tips to treat infertility disorder by changing some living standards.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Have a nutritional diet.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol intake.
- Try some natural home remedies to boost your fertility.
- Take supplements which promote fertility.
- Get adequate and sound sleep.
- Balance body hormones by doing exercise and yoga.
- Perform meditation regularly.
What Are The Tips For Sinusitis
- Regularly flush nasal passages.
- Use clean water to wash hands, face and nose.
- Visit allergist in the case of common cold for several weeks.
- Rinsing the mouth with salt water can help in combating bad bacteria in the mouth and balance pH levels.
- Several over-the-counter medications help in treating the excess acidic environment in the mouth.
- Use a straw to drink ice tea or water because if we drink directly it can touch the canker sore and can result in a stinging pain.
- Use ice on the sore until it gets completely numb.
- For people who are less than 20 should avoid aspirin because there is a risk of Reye syndrome.
Prevention is better than cure. Daily maintenance of good oral health will reduce the chances of gum disease by 80%.
- If you have a tendency to get muscle cramps while exercising, drink at least 2 cups of water before every workout and around 250ml during the exercise sessions. If you sweat a lot drink a sports drink that contains potassium and sodium to replenish the lost electrolytes.
- If you get cramps while sleeping, try to avoid sleeping with your toes pointed and avoid tucking in the sheet very tightly, as this bends the toes downwards and causes cramps.
- Taking a warm shower or soaking in a bath with added Epsom salts can help to relax the muscles and relieve muscle cramps.
- Wintergreen oil contains methyl salicylate that helps to stimulate blood flow and relieve pain. Mixing wintergreen oil and vegetable oil in the ratio 1:4 and massaging it into the muscle cramp several times in a day can help to relieve the cramp.
- Taking vitamin E helps to improve blood flow and prevents leg cramps at night.
- Chamomile herb contains flavonoids and anti-inflammatory properties. Massage chamomile oil into the affected muscles to relax sore muscles and this also provide relief from muscular spasms.
- Drinking cherry juice can help to relieve inflammation and muscle pain, as cherries have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin that is a natural muscle relaxant and can help to reduce muscle spasms. You can add it to your food, use it in the capsule form or apply a cream containing it, on the affected muscle.
- Apple cider vinegar is high in potassium and helps to relieve muscle cramps. Mixing one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and drinking this once a day can help to prevent muscle cramps. If you suffer from night-time cramps, mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with honey and a tablespoon of calcium lactate with half a glass of warm water and drink this half an hour before going to bed for relief.
- Having a teaspoon of yellow mustard with a glass of warm milk can help to treat muscle cramps, as yellow mustard contains acetic acid that can help to relieve soreness and pain.
- Clove oil can help to reduce inflammation and swelling in muscles as it has anti-inflammatory properties. You can warm some clove oil and massage it for 5 minutes on the affected muscle for relief.
What Are The Tips For Skin care
- Exfoliate your face with scrub made for face.
- De-germ your cell phone.
- The best advice for teeth health is good oral hygiene and regular appointments with the dentist.
- Keeping a watch of what goes into the mouth as food will go a long way in protecting those pearly white assets.
- Along with brushing and flossing, using a mouthwash is very important. Mouthwash containing Listerine and chlorine dioxide will help in maintaining the good bacteria in the mouth. It will also promote good breath and make teeth strong.
- Choosing toothpaste with fluoride will make the enamel strong, and hence, avoid tooth decay. But take care to use the pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste for kids. Using too much of it can cause white spots on the teeth.
- Gargle with warm salt water or alum mixed in warm water several times a day (empty stomach or minimum two hours after your last food intake)
- Maintain a good oral hygiene level.
- Watch what you eat.
- Be regular on professional teeth cleaning.
- Use mouthwash every time after eating a meal. Keep the mouth wash handy even when travelling.
- Learn the proper way of brushing teeth either by a dentist or watching online videos.
What Are The Tips For Eye Health
- Stimulate the eye muscles every morning. When you wake up splash some cold or cool water on your face. The fill water in your mouth and close your eyes and splash cold water on your eyes. This exercise helps to stimulate your eyes.
- Massaging your eyes, especially if you work long hours in front of the computer can help to improve eye circulation and reduces eye fatigue.
- Do some eye exercises to reduce eye strain and improve eye health.
- Sleep well, as this allows the eyes to get rest and relief from strain and bright lights. Meditating around 10 minutes before going to bed can ensure a good night’s sleep.
Some natural remedies for good eye health are:
- Saffron is a spice that prevents eye problems such as cataracts.
- Milk thistle contains silymarin that helps to repair the eye and prevents eye problems.
- Bilberry is a rich source of the bioflavonoid which helps to regenerate rhodopsin, the pigment used by the rods in the eyes. Consuming bilberry can help to improve night vision.
- Gingko Biloba helps to increase the circulation to the rear portion of the eye and is a great remedy for eye problems like glaucoma and macular degeneration.
- Flowers of eyebright plant have been used for several centuries to treat eye irritation.
- Mix the juices of celery, carrot, chicory, and parsley and consume this as it helps to nourish the optic nerve and is very beneficial for eye health.
- Eating raw fennel seeds or making tea with fennel or using it as an eyewash can helps to reduce vision problems such as cataract.
- Cayenne pepper increases the blood flow to the eyes and is beneficial for eye health.
- Endive juice is a great remedy for myopia and it can also be consumed by mixing it with celery, carrot and parsley juice.
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include:
The most important advice is to quit smoking. Secondly, proper hygiene and sanitation are very important to prevent infections. Add to this, an active lifestyle with a balanced diet plays a great role in staying fit and healthy.
Some changes in daily routine can help you to manage this disease.
- Take plenty of rest if you are infected as rest is essential for the recovery.
- Maintain proper healthy hygiene in your living area.
- Try yoga such as Pranayama, Shavasana, Nadi Shodhana Pranayama, Kapalbahati Pranayama, Bhramari Pranayama to prevent the disease.
- Try some natural home remedies to manage the whooping cough such as intake of ginger, lemon, honey, almonds can soothe the mucus.
- Take steam as much as possible.
- Use of a mist vaporizer can also be effective in making air more humid. It also helps to soothe the air and keep the irritants away.
- Take some steam: Blocked nose can be opened up by taking steam. There are a lot of steamers available in market these days, which makes easy to breathe in the steam. If a steamer is not available, then one can take steam from boiling water’s pot. Always remember to breathe through the nose while taking steam. Also, be careful as the steam can burn the nose badly. One can add a few prescribed medicines to the boiling water for better results.
- Blow the mucus out: During a typical cold, excessive mucus is formed. Hence, it is important to blow it out instead of sniffing it back to the nasal passage. But be careful as blowing the nose too hard can make the germs enter to the ear passage that may lead to ear infections and ear ache. The right way of blowing nose is to press one finger on one of the nostrils and gently blow the other one.
- Use Salt-Water or Saline Spray to rinse: These may help to ease the congestion by breaking it up.
What Are The Tips For Acne
- Zinc and Omega 3 supplementation can be added to maintain normal skin function. Increase water intake (2 liters per day) to help your body detoxify.
- Natural oils, such as tea tree oil, applied topically oil has shown some benefit in mild acne. It is always best to consult your physician first before using any complementary products, as it may interfere with other medications that you are on.
Some home remedies for heart failure are:
- Garlic is very beneficial for problems like high cholesterol, blood pressure, coronary heart disease, etc. It also helps to prevent the hardening of arteries (atherosclerosis) and improves blood circulation. You can eat 1-2 fresh cloves of garlic every day or you can take garlic supplements instead.
- Hawthorn is an excellent herb for the cardiovascular system and can be beneficial in the case of heart failure. The herb helps to improve the contractions of the cardiac muscles resulting in stronger pumping and also increases the flow of blood to the heart. Hawthorn also helps to enhance the cardiac output and performance and reduces the load on the heart.
- Research has found that extract from the Chinese hibiscus flow has anti-atherosclerosis effects and the flower has antioxidants that help to prevent bad cholesterol, the main cause of heart failure. You can drink herbal tea made by boiling petals of hibiscus in water with a teaspoon of raw honey once in a week for beneficial effects.
- Turmeric is found to be very beneficial for heart health and can prevent atherosclerosis. The curcumin present in turmeric helps to keep the heart healthy by preventing the oxidation of cholesterol, formation of clots and plaque build-up. Using turmeric in your cooking regularly is a good idea. Or, you can boil a teaspoon of turmeric in a cup of milk or water and drink it 1-2 times in a day for a few months for excellent benefits. You can also have turmeric in the form of a supplement too.
- Cayenne pepper is excellent for the treatment of circulatory and heart problems. The compound capsaicin present in cayenne helps to lower cholesterol levels and prevent the irregular rhythms of the heart. You can add ½ - 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to a glass of hot water and drink it 2-3 times in a week or you can take cayenne supplements.
What Are The Tips For Rhinitis
Rhinitis can be managed by making some changes in your eating habits and lifestyle. Some home remedies are also beneficial in managing rhinitis and its symptoms. These are:
Ginger: This is a natural antihistamine, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiviral in nature. This helps in boosting the immune system and fighting signs of rhinitis. It can be chewed directly or can be taken with honey or boiled in the tea.
Saline water: Saline water helps to clear the nasal passage. Saline water can be prepared by mixing salt and baking soda in warm water.
Steam: Inhaling steam also reduces the symptoms of rhinitis. The essential oil should be mixed with boiling water and then inhaled to cure the symptoms.
Garlic: Garlic has the anti-inflammatory action which helps in reducing the inflammation during rhinitis. Eating 2-3 raw garlic cloves can protect from risk of rhinitis.
Apple cider vinegar: This is a natural remedy to boost the immune system and to reduce the worsening symptoms of rhinitis. It has antibacterial properties. It can be consumed with warm water or along with honey or lemon.
Turmeric: One of the oldest home remedies which have been used for centuries is the use of turmeric. It helps in reducing the inflammation and the risk of rhinitis through its anti-inflammatory action. It is powerful antioxidant also. It can be consumed with milk or honey.
What Are The Tips For Tetanus
- Tetanus is an acute and a serious infection. Luckily, it can be prevented by vaccination. If you haven’t been immunized against tetanus, consider going to a health care centre and talk to the support staff about getting immunized.
- A person afflicted with tetanus infection needs great support from friends and family since the condition is very painful and hampers everyday activities. Following yoga and meditation routine will help in relaxing the body muscles as well as calm the mind.