HABICCOR S OINTMENT 15GM has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of HABICCOR S OINTMENT 15GM
Ulobetasol, also known as halobetasol, is used to treat Psoriasis (a skin disease marked by red, itchy, scaly patches). It is helpful in treating various types of conditions such as Eczema, Dermatitis, allergies, and rashes.
It works by reducing the inflammation, redness and, Itching of the skin.
Side Effects Of HABICCOR S OINTMENT 15GM
Side Effects Of Salt: Ulobetasol
On first time application to skin burning, stinging, itching, dryness or redness may occur. These will reduce as the body starts adjusting to the use of medication.
Please consult your doctor if any of these symptoms gets worsen.
Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Consult your doctor if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur:
- Stretch marks,
- Skin thinning/discoloration,
- Hair bumps
Contraindications Of HABICCOR S OINTMENT 15GM
Contraindications Of Salt: Ulobetasol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Certain skin conditions
- Poor blood circulation
- Immune system problems
An allergy is an autoimmune response called a hypersensitivity reaction. This means that the body's immune system is acting in a way that is detrimental or has consequences that that affects the body- The body's immune system "overreacts" to a particular trigger, and thus your immune system is called "hypersensitive."
The severity of this overreaction of the immune system differs from person to person. Some people may have a mild reaction (sometimes only referred to as a sensitivity and not an allergy), while others may have severe anaphylactic reactions that can be life-threatening.
Eczema, food allergies, allergic rhinitis, medication allergies and anaphylactic reactions can all be grouped under the term "allergy." No specific causes of allergies have been found although genetics play the biggest role in predisposing to allergies.
People who suffer from allergies have different triggers that cause an allergic reaction. The first time someone is exposed to a trigger, the body's immune system forms antibodies against the particular allergen. This is called sensitization.
When the immune system encounters the allergic trigger for the second time, the antibodies will react to the trigger and cause an allergic response. Sometimes the allergic response can worsen with every exposure, for example, seen in patients with bee-sting allergies. The first bee sting might not be severe, but the third or fourth reaction could be life-threatening. Most of the time, the allergic response stays the same in severity.
Often people who suffer from allergies had what we call an atopic triad in childhood- this triad of allergies include atopic dermatitis (eczema), food allergies and asthma.
Dermatitis means inflammation of the skin. However, it encompasses a range of ailments caused by different factors. This condition is typically characterized by dry, swollen, itchy, and red skin, and the good news is that this isn’t contagious.
The severity of dermatitis ranges from mild to severe; it may last a long time or may come as a sudden flare-up; some forms are more common in adults whereas others are more common in children. Some cases of dermatitis flare up according to seasons, exposure, or even stress.
Eczema also called atopic dermatitis, is a set of skin conditions that cause the skin inflammation and irritation.
It commonly appears on face, wrists, hands, knees or feet. It may also affect other areas.
Eczema is not contagious; hence there is no risk of it getting spread from one person to another.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
Symptoms Treated With HABICCOR S OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Symptoms Of Allergy
The symptoms of allergies are because of a release of a substance called histamines from the immune system.
The symptoms of allergies depend on the type of allergy:
Acute anaphylaxis may be potentially life-threatening. This may present with a red skin rash, swelling of the airways, shortness of breath, low blood pressure, cardiovascular collapse and will lead to death if not treated.
A red itchy skin rash (wheal and flare reaction) is common in food allergies, chemical allergies (e.g. latex allergy), medication allergies and allergic reactions to insect bites.
Food allergies may present with a skin rash, itchy or swollen airways or gastrointestinal upsets.
Allergic rhinitis presents with a runny nose, teary eyes, sneezing and nasal congestion. Allergic rhinitis is one of the medical conditions that have the worst impact on quality of life.
Eczema usually presents in childhood with a dry, itchy rash, usually affecting the skin over joint surfaces.
What Are The Symptoms Of Dermatitis
In dermatitis, the skin becomes dry, itchy, red and sometimes swollen. However, there are different types of dermatitis affecting different parts of the body and exhibit varying symptoms.
Types of dermatitis and their symptoms:
- Atopic dermatitis or eczema: Generally, children get atopic dermatitis in the first year. Skin becomes dry and has scaly patches. This may be seen on forehead, cheeks and scalp. Infants are often seen rubbing against the bedding to relieve themselves of the itching sensation. Sometimes excessive scratching can lead to skin infection.
- Contact dermatitis: We get this type of dermatitis when something touches our skin and we get a rash. It can either be an allergen which causes the rash (poison ivy, nickel, jewellery, makeup) or an irritant (diaper rash, acid, and soaps). The skin shows an allergic or irritant reaction when it comes in contact with some substances. The skin may develop burns, blisters or may just be itchy.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This is commonly called cradle cap. Here the skin appears scaly and is greasy and reddish or yellowish in colour. This condition is seen in infants and appears on the scalp, face and genitals.
- Statis dermatitis: This is caused due to poor blood circulation in legs. This causes swelling and may further lead to skin irritation, especially around the ankles.
- Dyshidrotic eczema: This involves a group of skin problems in which the skin cannot protect itself which results in itchy, dry skin.
- Nummular dermatitis: This generally appears after the skin has had an injury like an insect bite, a burn or an abrasion. The skin develops coin or oval-shaped sores which last for weeks or months.
- Neurodermatitis: This condition begins with an itch on the skin of different parts of the body including genitals. Stress is believed to be the cause for this.
What Are The Symptoms Of Eczema
Eczema, irrespective of the part of body affected, has following symptoms:
- Dark, thick and patchy skin
- Cracked and rough skin
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
Causes of diseases where HABICCOR S OINTMENT 15GM is used
What Are The Causes Of Allergy
Genetics is the biggest link to allergies.
There has recently been much discussion about the increasing prevalence of allergies seen in the developed world. This increase is thought to be attributed to a decreased exposure to allergens and toxins in childhood, because of "over-hygienic" parenting. This is referred to in the media is the "hygiene hypothesis."
Children who are exposed to more bacteria and allergens in childhood have shown to have lower incidences of allergies.
Triggers for allergies are numerous. The common triggers are:
- House dust mites and dust
- Pollen and grass
- Animal dander
- Nuts- especially peanuts
- Milk and soy
- Shellfish and iodine-containing foods
- Medications such as penicillin, sulphonamide
- Chemicals such as latex
- Insect toxins such as bee-stings
What Are The Causes Of Dermatitis
Causes of dermatitis vary depending on the type of dermatitis.
- Contact dermatitis: Happens when a person comes in contact with an irritant or an allergen.
- Atopic dermatitis: This condition is caused by a combination of factors like environmental factors, dry skin, bacteria or genetic factors.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This is due to the presence of yeast in oil glands of the skin and gets worse in spring and winter season. This may be genetic in some people.
- Statis dermatitis: Poor blood circulation in the skin, especially in the lower legs and feet causes this condition.
Some factors which are known to trigger episodes of dermatitis are:
- Environmental changes.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Irritating substances.
What Are The Causes Of Eczema
Exact causes of eczema are still unknown, but it is often triggered by an overactive response by body’s immune system to an irritant. People who have the family history of certain allergies or asthma are more at risk of developing eczema.
Certain foods like nuts or dairy products can also trigger eczema. Environmental factors or pollens also trigger eczema in some patients.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
Worst Foods With HABICCOR S OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Worst Foods For Allergy
- If you are allergic to any food substance, avoidance of that particular food is prudent.
- Spicy foods induce a histaminic response. It may worsen your allergy in some cases. Use with discretion.
- Raw fruits and vegetables may sometimes aggravate allergies because of pesticides and pollen. Cooking your vegetables can lower the allergic response related to this.
What Are The Worst Foods For Dermatitis
Sometimes dermatitis is caused due to food allergies and common food substances which are known to cause allergies are:
- Gluten, nuts.
- Soy products, cow's milk.
- Fish, chocolate.
- Corn, acidic foods like tomatoes, oranges, and lime.
- Nightshade vegetables like all varieties of peppers.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eczema
Following foods may not cause allergies, but can trigger inflammation. Hence, if you have eczema, you should limit your intake of:
- Soy, Soy sauce, pickles, spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods containing preservatives or having artificial ingredients. Foods in this category are fast foods, junk foods, trans fats, margarine etc.
- Oranges, tomato, grapes and grape products like wine, grape juice etc. Grapes are rich in MSG, which worsens eczema.
- Kiwi fruit, a strongly acidifying food.
- Avocado, good food to have in the diet when you don’t have eczema. But those who have eczema should avoid it as it worsens the disease.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
Do's With Usage of HABICCOR S OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Allergy
- Screen yourself for your particular allergen triggers through skin prick or blood tests.
- Trigger avoidance is the biggest component of allergy treatment.
- If you suffer from severe allergic reactions, always carry your adrenaline pen with you.
- It would be wise to keep your chronic medications on you, in the case of an acute allergic episode.
- Wear a medical alert bracelet if you have any life-threatening allergies.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Dermatitis
Different people are allergic to different substances. Identify what triggers dermatitis and try to avoid contact with them. Other ways to control the condition are:
- Use a mild and fragrance-free soap for bathing.
- Have a bath with warm water, not too hot. Hot water tends to dry the skin.
- Limit your bath time.
- Adding bath oil may help in moisturizing the skin while bathing.
- Adding oatmeal to the bath helps soothe the skin.
- Apply moisturizer to the skin while still in the bathroom. This makes absorption of the moisturiser faster and seals it in.
- Wear clothes made from natural fibres like cotton.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes.
- Use moisturizer regularly.
- Opt for mild fragrance free detergents to wash clothes
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eczema
- Moisture your skin frequently.
- Keep sweat to the minimum to avoid flare ups.
- Identify your eczema triggers and avoid them.
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid hot water baths and it can lead to flare ups. Take room temperature baths.
- If you need to do a work, which requires affected parts to get wet, try some protection (e.g. gloves on hands if you have eczema on hands)
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
Dont's With Usage Of HABICCOR S OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Allergy
- Don't leave allergies untreated as they have a significant impact on quality of life.
- Don't smoke. Smoking increases inflammation in the body and can worsen allergic reactions; this is especially true if you suffer from airway allergies such as allergic rhinitis or asthma.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Dermatitis
- Avoid scrubbing the body with loofahs.
- Avoid extremely hot or extremely cold weather.
- Avoid very humid or very dry air.
- Avoid wearing clothes made of scratchy skin which can irritate the skin.
- Avoid stress as in some people stress can trigger dermatitis.
- Avoid scratching the skin as it can further flare up. Keep nails short and try wearing gloves at night to keep yourself from scratching in sleep.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eczema
- Don’t scratch the itchy skin.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid tight clothes.
- Avoid synthetic clothes.
- Avoid stress as it can increase the irritation.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfHABICCOR S OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Tips For Allergy
Probiotics are useful in food sensitivities to restore intestinal flora balance. An elimination diet may lower inflammation in the body and help reduce allergies.
What Are The Tips For Dermatitis
If you are diagnosed with dermatitis, keep track of things that you come in contact with and things that you eat. If you repeatedly get a flare up after touching or eating a particular thing, you have to eliminate it from your lifestyle. Identifying such triggers and avoiding them will help in preventing flare-ups and managing the disease efficiently.
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.