HAUTVIT FORTE TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) GRAPE SEED EXTRACT
Uses Of HAUTVIT FORTE TABLET
Grape seed extract is prepared from grapefruit and is widely used in traditional medicine. It:
- Improves cardiovascular health, immunity, blood circulation.
- Reduces High Cholesterol, swelling caused by injury, eye problems due to diabetes.
- Prevents risk of Cancer.
Side Effects Of HAUTVIT FORTE TABLET
Grape seed extract is usually safe, but an overdose may cause:
- Nausea, dizziness
- A headache, itchy scalp
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of HAUTVIT FORTE TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug grape seed extract or any other allergies.
- Bleeding disorders
- High blood pressure
Dyslipidaemia or high cholesterol indicate the imbalance of fats (or lipids) in one’s blood system.
High cholesterol or dyslipidaemia, means that there is an imbalance of fats (or lipids), circulating in one’s blood stream. The body uses cholesterol (the fatty substance) to metabolize food and also make hormones.
The following three different measurements are used to determine one’s overall lipid health:
1. Low-Density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol, LDL): The higher LDL, the more is the risk of cardiovascular disease. LDL obstructs the proper blood flow into the heart and other organs by building up plaque in arteries.
2. High-Density Lipoprotein (Good cholesterol, HDL): HDL brings back the cholesterol to the liver from other parts of the body, thus removing the harmful cholesterols from your body. The higher the HDL, the better it is for the heart.
3. Triglycerides – Also referred to as fat in the blood. This type of fat is usually found in eatable animal fats and vegetable oils. High levels of Triglycerides signify the increased risk of cardiovascular disease as it also contributes to building up of a plaque in one’s arteries
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
Symptoms Treated With HAUTVIT FORTE TABLET
Usually, high cholesterol doesn’t have much of symptoms initially, except chest pain. However, it can lead to sudden heart attack or stroke, if it goes unnoticed.
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
Causes of diseases where HAUTVIT FORTE TABLET is used
- Eating fatty foods
- No physical exercise
- Age (after 20, it starts to rise).
- Family history
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
Best Foods With HAUTVIT FORTE TABLET
Different foods help lowering cholesterol in different ways. Some foods have soluble fibre that binds cholesterol in the digestive system and pushes them out of the body before they even enter the circulation.
Others give polyunsaturated fats, helpful in directly lowering LDL. Some have stanols and plant sterols that inhibit the body from absorbing cholesterol.
- Oats. Oats give you soluble fibre, which helps in improving the cholesterol. One bowl of oatmeal, with added banana and a few strawberries, is the best breakfast.
- Barley, other whole grains: They deliver soluble fibre, thus lowering risk of a heart disease.
- Beans. Beans (kidney beans, garbanzos, lentils and black eyed peas) are also rich in soluble fibre.
- Nuts: Two ounces of almonds, walnuts, peanuts etc. not only reduce LDL but also provide other nutrients which protect the heart in many ways.
- Vegetable oils. Use liquid vegetable oils such as sunflower, canola, and safflower instead of butter or pure ghee in cooking.
- Citrus fruits, apples, grapes and strawberries are rich in pectin, a type of soluble fibre which lowers LDL.
- Fish: To lower LDL, eat fish 2-3 times a week as it delivers omega 3 fats.
- Foods high in antioxidants, especially berries.
- Vitamin C is a potent anti-inflammatory and immune booster. Foods rich in vitamin C include Grapefruits, oranges, red bell peppers, strawberries, papaya.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to some auto-immune diseases. Foods rich in vitamin D include egg yolks, beef liver, cheese, mushrooms, fish such as tuna and salmon.
- Probiotic rich foods lower intestinal inflammation and stimulate good bacteria in the gut, strengthening the immune system. Foods include yogurt, kefir, kombucha.
- Garlic cloves. Garlic has long been used for its antibacterial and antiviral properties as well as immune boosting abilities.
- Ginger boosts immunity and is anti-inflammatory.
- Coconut oil contains lauric acid that has a strong antiviral and antibacterial component.
- Zinc helps fight infections. Zinc is especially rich in shellfish foods.
Worst Foods With HAUTVIT FORTE TABLET
Here are the things you should avoid:
- Saturated fats: Red meat, whole-fat dairy products, eggs, vegetable oils, such as palm oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. Saturated fat can increase your levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and at the same time lowers triglycerides and nudges up levels of "good" HDL cholesterol. Hence, saturated fats should be taken in moderate quantities.
- Trans fats: Pies, cakes, cookies, donuts, French fries, chips, Margarine, samosa, muffins, pan cakes, fried chicken and other fried items.
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
Do's With Usage of HAUTVIT FORTE TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage High Cholesterol
- Exercise regularly (3o minutes daily for 5 days a week) and keep your weight under control.
- Though fat people are more at risk of getting high cholesterol, it can also happen to thin people. Hence, get the regular check up done after the age of 40 years.
- Eat low salt, low-fat diet.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
Dont's With Usage Of HAUTVIT FORTE TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage High Cholesterol
- Alcohol, smoking is a complete no-no for patients with high cholesterol.
- Do not have a sedentary life style.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfHAUTVIT FORTE TABLET
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include: