HERFACE has the following salts in its composition
1) Warfarin 2) Cyproterone
Uses Of HERFACE
Warfarin reduces blood clotting time and prevents blood clot. So it’s most common use is blood thinner.
It is popularly used to treat Blood clots in conditions like Deep vein thrombosis (formation of blood clot in deep vein) and pulmonary embolism (blockage of artery in lungs). Moreover, it prevents stroke and heart attack in people who have atrial fibrillation (irregular heart rhythm), valvular heart disease, recent heart attack or artificial heart valves replacement surgery and orthopedic surgeries.
Cyproterone is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Cancer>Prostate Cancer
- Excessive hair growth in men
- Hyperandrogenism (Excess functioning of androgens)
- Hyper sexuality
- Hormone replacement therapy for transgender women
Side Effects Of HERFACE
Side Effects Of Salt: Warfarin
The most common side effect is bleeding. If used with other anticoagulants, it may cause high blood pressure and abnormal kidney function.
Some of the rare side effects observed have been:
- Warfarin necrosis (skin tissue death due to warfarin)
- Osteoporosis (reduction in bone density/ softening of bone)
- Purple toe syndrome (deposition of cholesterol in toe)
Overdoes of warfarin may cause severe conditions like hemorrhagein brain and spinal cord.
The common side effects of Cyproterone are:
- Hair loss
- Inability to move legs and arms
- Skin discoloration
- Weight gain
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Impotence or increased or decreased interest in sex
- Swelling of breasts or breast soreness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of HERFACE
Contraindications Of Salt: Warfarin
Warfarin ishighly contraindicated in patients of hemophilia and anemia or similar medical history.
Moreover, should not be given to person with bleeding problems like stomach/ intestinal bleeding (stomach and intestinal ulcers), recent major surgery and liver diseases. Not advised to use during pregnancy, as it may cause abortion, stillbirth, neonatal death, preterm birth and birth defects.
Contraindications Of Salt: Cyproterone
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Cyproterone or any other allergies
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
Blood clots are masses resembling a jelly-like substance produced after an injury to the body to stop the continuous bleeding. Protein and platelets in the blood are responsible for the formation of blood clots in the injured part of the body. Usually, the body is able to dissolve the clots after the injury heals itself.
Sometimes, clots can develop inside veins and arteries even without any injury to the body and these are not able to dissolve either. Such clots can lead to pulmonary embolism or stroke. Such fatal medical conditions occur because the blood blocks the arteries from carrying oxygen to the heart and other parts of the body. Any such issue due to blood clots may require immediate medical attention.
- Acne, known as Acne Vulgaris, is one of the commonest dermatological complaints.
- Acne is especially prevalent during puberty and young adulthood, although some people may still suffer from it into their middle years. Acne is known in the general population as "pimples."
- Acne occurs when skin pores are blocked by excess sebum (natural oil produced by the skin) and by dead skin cells. As the sebum builds up, it causes inflammation of the surrounding skin. The lump that forms under the skin because of this blockage is called a comedo. A group of lumps is called comedones.
- If not treated properly acne can lead to permanent scarring. Acne also has important psychological implications such as low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression, especially in youths.
- Prostate cancer (happens only in males) begins, when cells in the prostate gland start growing uncontrollably.
- The majority of the prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, which develop from the gland cells. Gland cells are the cells, which make the prostate fluid that is added to the semen.
- Other types of prostate cancer are:
- Neuroendocrine tumours (other than small cell carcinomas)
- Small cell carcinomas
- Transitional cell carcinomas
Symptoms Treated With HERFACE
What Are The Symptoms Of Blood clots
Blood clot formation in the arm or leg
A common place of blood clot formation is a person's limb. Symptoms that occur during blood clot in an arm or leg include a bluish or pale discoloration, a warm sensation at the region, tenderness, pain, and swelling. Medical experts say that the symptoms also depend upon the blood clot size. So, many patients may not even witness any symptoms or just minute swelling in the area without much pain. However, if the clot is large, then it is possible that the entire leg gets swollen with severe pain.
Blood clot formation in the heart:
While an uncommon region for a blood clot, its formation in the heart can lead to heaviness or pain in the chest. This accompanies with shortness of breath and light-headedness as well.
Blood clot formation in the abdomen:
Formation of a blood clot in the abdomen includes symptoms like swelling and excessive abdominal pain.
Blood clot formation in the brain
Blood clots in the brain lead to an acute and painful headache, including symptoms such as finding it hard to see or speak.
Blood clot formation in the Lungs
Clot formation in the lung commonly initiates within a vein deeply located in the leg or arm. Usually, starts out in a deep vein in your arm or leg, then stops and reaches the lung. This is what is called as pulmonary embolism, which is regarded as a fatal condition.
Besides these, there may also be symptoms like sweating, coughing, pain in the chest, heaviness in breathing, dizziness.
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne
- Acne starts out as comedones. People with acne present with blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules (commonly known as “pimples”) or nodules (lumps that form under the skin). Often people with acne suffer from an oily skin complexion.
- Acne is classified as either inflammatory or non-inflammatory acne.
- Comedones are non-inflammatory acne. They can either be closed (whiteheads) or open (blackheads). The color of a blackhead is not debris or an indication of bad skin hygiene, but melanin (the skin’s surface pigment).
- Inflammatory acne occurs when bacteria invade the skin, causing papules or pustules (pimples). Nodules and cysts are also inflammatory lesions. Nodules are deeper skin lesions, while cysts are fluid-filled lumps.
- Acne usually presents in common areas of increased oil production such as the forehead, nose, chin, chest and upper back.
- Acne can be classified as mild, moderate or severe, depending on the amount and type of lesions.
- Pain in urination
- Pain in bones
- Frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night
- Weak urinary stream
- Less bladder control
Causes of diseases where HERFACE is used
What Are The Causes Of Blood clots
Formation of the blood clots is due to the thickening of plasma proteins and platelets to form a semi-solid mass. Usually, a blood clot occurs due to an injury, but this can also happen inside the body without any injury. After forming, the blood clot can travel around to other areas of the body, which can be harmful. Causes of a blood clot include:
Other causes of a blood clot include:
- Research says that some types of cancer increase the amount of substance in the body leading to more chances of clotting. When veins are damaged during such a medical case, the blood vessels release pro-clotting materials that may cause blood to blot.
- Toxic chemicals in cigarette smoke may cause nerves to damage, leading to DVT. This further increases the risks of blood clot formation.
- Surgeries make a patient immobile temporarily. This increases the chances of injuries to the blood vessels, ultimately the formation of blood clots.
- A number of cases point to blood clot formation due to family history. People who inherit disorders such as Factor V Leiden, certain kidney diseases, dysfibrinogenemia can witness blood clot formation easily.
- Antiphospholipid syndrome, Obesity, Peripheral artery disease
- Pregnancy, Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), Factor V Leiden
- Family history of blood clots, Heart arrhythmias, Hiatal hernia, Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), Factor V Leiden
- Heart failure, Various medications like hormone therapy drugs, oral contraceptives and certain breast cancer drugs
- Prolonged bed rest or sitting
- Pulmonary embolism (blood clot formation in the lung)
What Are The Causes Of Acne
- Causes of acne are multifactorial. There are many myths surrounding causes and home remedies.
- Genetics play the largest role (estimated in 80%) of acne cases.
- Hormones, especially increased testosterone during puberty, play the second biggest role. Androgens increase the production of sebum by the skin’s oil glands as well as an increased production of cells found in the skin’s epidermis (top layer).
- Hormonal changes during normal menstrual cycles, as well as pregnancy also play a role in women.
- The bacteria, Propionibacterium Acnes, which is usually found on the skin, is another important role player. The areas of inflamed skin surrounding comedones make it easier for bacteria to accumulate and grow.
- Although there are many myths surrounding diet in acne, there are few scientific conclusions around its actual role. Carbohydrates and milk products have shown some suggested links, but none are definitive.
- Facial hygiene is important, but plays a small role, especially in severe acne.
- Though exact causes of prostate cancer are not known, following conditions may increase the risk of getting Prostate cancer:
- Age: People of more than 50 years of age are more at risk.
- Family history
- High calcium diet
Worst Foods With HERFACE
What Are The Worst Foods For Blood clots
It is advisable to avoid the following foods to prevent the formation of blood clots:
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin K-rich foods increase the chances of blood clots. Vitamin K-rich foods such as bananas, peaches, asparagus, lettuce, broccoli, spinach, and kale should not be consumed to avoid blood clot formation.
- Calcium-rich foods
- Calcium is one of the nutrients that help in blood coagulation during an injury. And it does the same when there is blood clot formation inside as well. So, it is prudent to avoid dairy products containing calcium such as yogurt, cheese, and milk. Other calcium-rich foods that need to be avoided are soy products, cereals, orange juice (calcium-fortified), canned sardines and salmon.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)-rich foods:
- Niacin, or Vitamin B-3, is an essential vitamin that helps in providing energy to various reactions in the body. Unfortunately, this also helps in increasing chances of blood clotting. Niacin occurs in the body in the form of NAD (Nicotinamide dinucleotide) or NADP (Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate). Foods with niacin include cereals, fortified bread, etc.
- Fat-rich foods:
- Foods containing fats are unhealthy for the body because of cholesterol. This may lead to higher risks of blood clot formation. Unhealthy fatty foods such as butter, egg yolks, full-fat cheese, and fatty meats should be avoided.
What Are The Worst Foods For Acne
- Avoid foods with a high-glycaemia component (simple sugars/carbohydrates)
- White rice, Rice cakes, Potatoes, Puffed cereals, White Bread, Pasta, Sugar in any form- Honey, and fructose (bananas, mangoes, apricots, pineapples)
- Some studies have linked dairy to acne, although the response is based on the individual
- If you have excluded both carbohydrates and dairy from your diet, and you still struggle with acne, it is advised to consult your doctor for treatment
- If you are already on treatment for acne, eliminating these foods may be complementary.
Many foods may contribute to the development or spread of prostate cancer. Some such foods are:
- Red meat
- Grilled or barbecued meat
- Processed foods
- Packaged foods
Do's With Usage of HERFACE
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Blood clots
| Few tips to follow to prevent or treat the blood clots are: |
- Wear clothes that are loosely fitted.
- Make sure that the person raises the legs 6 inches above the heart periodically. For this, the bottom portion of the patient's bed can be raised up using pillows or some other object.
- Get compression stockings if a medical practitioner prescribes one.
- Exercise regularly as instructed by a doctor.
- While on a long trip, make sure to change positions very often.
- Try moving around or stay active as much as possible.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acne
- Consult your doctor sooner rather than later. Early treatment is important, especially for moderate to severe acne, to prevent scarring
- Sunlight has some anti-inflammatory effects. Moderate sunlight exposure may help curb the inflammation, but be sure to use a non-comedogenic sunscreen
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Prostate cancer
- Manage your weight as men who are overweight have the higher risk of getting prostate cancer.
- Regular exercise reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
- Quit smoking.
Dont's With Usage Of HERFACE
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Blood clots
Certain things to avoid preventing or cure the blood clots are:
- Avoid consuming too much salt. As this can lead to high blood pressure, which is fatal during blood clot.
- Avoid standing or sitting for more than an hour at a time.
- Avoid sitting with crossed legs and also avoid concoctions
- Avoid placing pillows under the knees to blood clot formation.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acne
- Skin moisture balance is essential. Do not over dry your skin with cleaning products. Over drying will cause the skin to produce more sebum, creating a vicious circle.
- Do not use facial scrubs too often, as the exfoliation may worsen the skin’s irritation
- Although it can be very tempting, do not "squeeze" the acne as it causes a spread of bacteria, that can lead to more acne, and may result in scarring.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Prostate cancer
- Don’t spend too much time on your mobile, laptop or other gadgets as exposure to rays coming out from these can increase the risk of prostate cancer.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfHERFACE
- Make sure that the person with blood clot moves around and does not stay idle for too long.
- Maintain healthy sleeping postures that ensure a healthy supply of blood through the body.
What Are The Tips For Acne
- Zinc and Omega 3 supplementation can be added to maintain normal skin function. Increase water intake (2 liters per day) to help your body detoxify.
- Natural oils, such as tea tree oil, applied topically oil has shown some benefit in mild acne. It is always best to consult your physician first before using any complementary products, as it may interfere with other medications that you are on.