HERPEX CREAM 5% 5GM has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of HERPEX CREAM 5% 5GM
Infections caused by herpes virus like genital herpes, cold sores, shingles, and Chicken Pox. Acyclovir slows the growth & spread of herpes virus in the body. It will not cure herpes. But it can reduce symptoms of the infection.
Side Effects Of HERPEX CREAM 5% 5GM
Side Effects Of Salt: Acyclovir
Common acyclovir side effects may be as follows:
- Breathing difficulty
- Nausea, vomiting
- Swelling of lips, face, tongue or throat
- Mouth pain while using an acyclovir buccal tablet
Contraindications Of HERPEX CREAM 5% 5GM
Contraindications Of Salt: Acyclovir
Do not take this medication if you:
- Are allergic to acyclovir or valacyclovir.
- Allergic to milk proteins
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have kidney disease. Acyclovir can cause harm to your kidney and the effect can increase if you are taking other medications like chemotherapy, injected antibiotics, probenecid, antivirals, medicine for bowel disorders, injectable osteoporosis medication, medicine to prevent organ transplant rejection, and some pain or arthritis medicines
- Have weak immune system
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are taking any OTC supplements
Herpes is caused by the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). There are two types of HSV: HSV-1 and HSV-2. HSV-1 is the most common cause of oral herpes, and HSV-2 is the most common cause of genital herpes. However, both viruses can cause oral and genital infections with practically identical symptoms.
The herpes virus normally enters the body through mucous membranes (especially mouth and genitals) and skin. It travels along the nerve endings to the base of spine, where it stays by feeding off nutrients produced by body cells.
Symptoms Treated With HERPEX CREAM 5% 5GM
Common symptoms of herpes are a pain, itching, small pores, blisters, ulcers, sores, fever, and swollen glands.
Causes of diseases where HERPEX CREAM 5% 5GM is used
The common causes of herpes transmission are kissing, skin-to-skin direct contact during anal, vaginal, or oral sex with someone who already has an active herpes infection.
Worst Foods With HERPEX CREAM 5% 5GM
What Are The Worst Foods For Herpes simplex
- Certain food actually can accelerate the growth of herpes virus. Foods rich in substances like arginine, caffeine drinks, sugar, sweets, processed foods etc. actually give birth to/ accelerate the growth of herpes virus. Some of these foods can impair the immune system of a person and thus make them more vulnerable to the herpes virus. Hence, the following foods should be avoided if you have herpes virus infection or prevent it:
- Arginine rich foods like nuts, gelatine, coconut, brown rice, wheat germ, seeds, lentils, oats, peanut butter, dried beans.
- Caffeine Drinks And Foods like coffee, soda, cake, frozen yoghurt, cappuccino, tea, ice cream, cookies.
- Corn Syrup / Sugar / Sweets
- Processed Foods like whole wheat bread, pizza, bakery products, pasta.
Do's With Usage of HERPEX CREAM 5% 5GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Herpes simplex
- Complete the course of medication, even if symptoms subside before completion.
- Wash your hands frequently so that infection doesn’t pass on to others.
- Maintain strong immune system by taking care of your diet.
Dont's With Usage Of HERPEX CREAM 5% 5GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Herpes simplex
- Herpes infections are contagious. You can infect other people, even during your treatment. Avoid touching people or allowing infected areas come into contact with other people.
- Don’t touch an infected area and then your eyes.
- Do not share the towel, clothes, combs etc. with others.
- If you or your partner has genital herpes, refrain from sex till it is cured. However, latex condoms are safe to use to avoid spreading the infection.