HEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM has the following salts in its composition
1) Calcipotriol 2) Betamethasone Dipropionate
Uses Of HEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM
Side Effects Of HEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM
- It may sting, cause an irritant dermatitis (dry itchy rash) on facial skin. Use cautiously in psoriasis affecting this area.
- When used on other sites, wash hands carefully to reduce the chance of inadvertent application to the face.
- Peeling around the edge of the plaques on treated psoriasis may develop.
- Surrounding skin may be irritated (become dry, red and itchy).
- Roughly 1% is absorbed through the skin. An overdose (> 100g/week) may have an effect on calcium metabolism. Please monitor calcium levels in blood and urine, if you are using large doses.
Contraindications Of HEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM
Contraindications Of Salt: Calcipotriol
- Use on face
- Evidence of vitamin D toxicity
- Alopecia areata is also known as spot baldness. It is an autoimmune disease which results in hair loss from some or all areas of the body. Usually, the loss is from the scalp as body fails to recognize its own body cells and subsequently destructs its own tissues. Usually, it results in bald spots on the scalp, especially in the initial stage. In very few cases, hair loss can spread to the entire scalp or the entire skin.
- There are two types of alopecia areata:
- Scarring alopecia: There is inflammation, fibrosis, and loss of hair follicles.
- Non-scarring alopecia: The hair shafts are gone but the hair follicles are preserved. This makes this category of alopecia reversible.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
Symptoms Treated With HEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Symptoms Of Alopecia
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
Causes of diseases where HEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM is used
What Are The Causes Of Alopecia
- Genetic causes
- Autoimmune reaction (body’s own immune system killing healthy cells)
- Asthma, thyroid, hay fever (people having these diseases are more prone).
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
Best Foods With HEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Best Foods For Alopecia
- Nonanimal sources of protein, e.g., beans, nuts whole grains, and seeds.
- Calcium rich foods, e.g. tofu, soy products, soymilk, nuts, nut milk, and certain leafy greens.
- Healthy fats like canola oil, walnuts, olive oil, flax seed and hemp seed.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, found in trout, sardines, herring, mackerel, tuna, and salmon.
- Fresh vegetables and fruits as they are high in antioxidants.
- Vitamin B rich foods, like romaine lettuce, nuts, carrots, chard, and tomatoes.
What Are The Best Foods For Psoriasis
Following foods should be included in the diet as they are known to reduce inflammation:
- Coldwater fish
- Flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, and walnuts. These are plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Colorful fresh fruits and vegetables like carrots, squash and sweet potatoes, kale and broccoli, spinach, strawberries and figs, blueberries, mangoes.
- Fish oil, milk thistle, vitamin D, aloe vera, evening primrose oil and Oregon grape have been reported to ease mild symptoms of psoriasis.
Worst Foods With HEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Worst Foods For Alopecia
- Animal fat, especially meat
- Acidic food, other substances that might trigger off inflammation
- Dairy products including milk
- Sweets & other sugary foods
- Refined foods, like bakery items
- Oily, Fried and greasy food
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
Do's With Usage of HEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Alopecia
- Wear glasses while going outdoors, in case you have lost eye lashes. Eyes are protected from airborne particles.
- Protect scalp skin from sun damage with a hat, sunscreen or wigs.
- The patient may experience low esteem or depression after losing hair. Hence, emotional support by family and treating doctor plays the import role.
- Many patients get their hair back within a short span, without any treatment. However, this mainly depends upon your immune system settling back to normal.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
Dont's With Usage Of HEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Alopecia
- Stress is a major trigger for Alopecia areata. Hence, avoid stress.
- Drinking alcohol and eating too sugary foods can also trigger the disease, hence avoid these things.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfHEXIMAR B OINTMENT 15GM
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.