HOSIT D3 TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Alpha Lipoic Acid 2) Folic Acid 3) Vitamin B12 4) Vitamin B6 5) Vitamin D3
Uses Of HOSIT D3 TABLET
Alpha Lipoic Acid is used for Immunity building, as well as by people with type 2 diabetes. It increases body's ability to use its own insulin to lower the levels of blood sugar.
Folic acid is used for preventing & treating folate deficiency, and its complications, like Anaemia, inability of the bowel to absorb nutrients properly. Folic acid is also used for folate deficiency conditions including liver disease, Ulcerative colitis, alcoholism, and kidney dialysis.
Pregnant women are advised to take folic acid to prevent miscarriage and neural tube defects.
Mecobalamin is used to treat Vitamin B12 deficiency.
Pyridoxamine Dihydrochloride (Vitamin B6) is important to:
- Maintain and build immune system of body
- Have positive effects on metabolism
- Hormonal control, kidney health, Anaemia, Arthritis,
- Maintain positive emotional health
- Manage pre-mensural syndrome
- Maintain skin health
It is also used to treat Vitamin B6 deficiency in following conditions:
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Cardiac disease
- Kidney disease
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Emotional and mental disorders
- Skin disorders
- Bone strength
- Prevention of bone disorders like rickets, osteomalacia
- Prevention of Osteoporosis
- Vitamin D is also used with other medications to treat low levels of calcium or phosphate caused by certain disorders (such as hypoparathyroidism, familial hypophosphatemia and pseudo-hypoparathyroidism).
- It may also be used in kidney disease to keep calcium levels normal and have normal bone growth.
- Vitamin D drops are given to breast-fed babies as breast milk has low levels of vitamin D usually.
Vitamin D (D2, D3, D4) is a vitamin that is fat soluble. It helps the body in absorbing phosphorus or calcium.
It is important to have adequate levels of vitamin D, phosphorus and calcium for building strong bones and also maintaining them.
Body gets vitamin D from sunlight. Any hindrance between skin and sunlight, like protective clothing, sunscreen, staying indoors or having limited exposure to sunlight, dark skin etc. may prevent absorption of vitamin D by body.
As the age advances, body’s ability of absorb sunlight reduces.
Vegetarian people are more prone to vitamin D deficiency as it is found more in animal based foods.
Side Effects Of HOSIT D3 TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Folic Acid
Some of the side effects (though rare) of Folic Acid are:
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Sleeping disturbances
- Allergic rejection
Please consult your doctor if you get any of the above side effects, especially if they do not go away within 3-4 days of starting the use.
Mecobalamin is usually safe. Some people may experience:
- Getting nervous or anxious
- Uncontrollable or Involuntary movements.
Side Effects Of Salt: Vitamin B6
Generally no severe side effects are observed when Pyridoxamine Dihydrochloride is taken in appropriate amount.
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Side Effects Of Salt: Vitamin D3
Many people do not experience any side-effects of Vitamin D3, unless taken in high doses. Some of the side effects may be:
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Dry mouth
Contraindications Of HOSIT D3 TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Folic Acid
- Antibiotics. Iron decreases the effectiveness of certain types of antibiotics. Hence, there should be a gap of 1-2 hours between iron and antibiotics dose.
- Bisphosphonates, Levodopa, Levothyroxine, Methyldopa and Mycophenolate Mofetil, Iron might decreases the absorption of these medicines. Hence, if you are taking any medicines containing any of these salts, you should keep a gap of 1-2 hours between any iron supplement and these medicines.
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin B12
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- The breast-feeding mothers.
- If suffering from an infection
- Low iron or folate level
- Polycythemia (a bone disease)
- Optic atrophy (genetic condition that harms the nerve connecting the eye to brain)
- Blood in urine.
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin B6
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding.
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin D3
People with following conditions should Use vitamin D cautiously:
- Kidney disease: Vitamin D may increase calcium levels in body and increase the risk of hardening of the arteries in people having serious kidney disease. This must be balanced with the need to prevent renal osteodystrophy (a bone disease that occurs when the kidneys fail to maintain proper levels of calcium & phosphorus in blood). People with kidney disease should carefully monitor calcium levels.
- High levels of calcium in the blood
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- Sarcoidosis (enlargement of lymph nodes)
- Over-active parathyroid gland (hyperparathyroidism):
- Vitamin D might increase calcium levels in people with above conditions. This might result in complications such as kidney stones.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
- In Anaemia, lesser oxygen is carried around the body by red blood cells. Anemia can be of different types.
Symptoms Treated With HOSIT D3 TABLET
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
What Are The Symptoms Of Anaemia
- Common symptoms of anemia are tiredness, dizziness, and breathlessness.
Causes of diseases where HOSIT D3 TABLET is used
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
What Are The Causes Of Anaemia
- Deficiency of nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin B 12, sickle cell anemia (a genetic blood disorder) or kidney disease can be amongst few causes of anemia.
- The type of food you eat also affects the absorption of iron and folic acid.
Worst Foods With HOSIT D3 TABLET
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
What Are The Worst Foods For Anaemia
- Junk food.
- Coffee, tea, red wine as these inhibit the absorption of iron.
- White bread.
What Are The Worst Foods For Bone health
- High-Sodium Foods: The more salt you eat, the more calcium you lose as salt causes excessive calcium excretion through the kidneys.
- Sugary snacks, high sugar items
- Soda, cola drinks as they lead to higher risk of hip bone fracture
- Alchohol: Heavy and chronic consumption of alcohol may result in decreased bone formation, higher chances of bone fracture, low bone mass, and delay in fracture healing.
- Inflammatory foods
Do's With Usage of HOSIT D3 TABLET
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anaemia
- Use iron utensils for cooking as food cooked in iron vessel automatically gathers iron from the vessel and makes food iron rich.
- To improve absorption of iron in your body, take it with foods rich in vitamin C (like oranges, lemon)
- Find out the exact reason of anemia as your food choice will depend upon the real cause of anemia. E.g., patients with anemia caused by celiac disease should avoid eating gluten rich foods (like wheat, oats. Etc.), which others should continue with gluten.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bone health
- Get enough sun light without sunscreen, especially in morning or afternoon. If you are worried about sun burns or tanning, enrich your food with natural anti-oxidants like blueberries, raspberries, goji berries and pomegranates.
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
Dont's With Usage Of HOSIT D3 TABLET
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anaemia
- Avoid taking iron with calcium rich foods, coffee, tea as these hinder the absorption of iron in the body. Take these items at different times.
- Do yoga regularly as it increases the RBC count and also purifies the blood.
- Exercise regularly, as it causes hunger, which in turn improves your food intake.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bone health
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfHOSIT D3 TABLET
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include:
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.