KABIVEN CENTRAL INFUSION has the following salts in its composition
1) L-Lysine (2.7gm) 2) L-Threonine (1.7gm) 3) L-Isoleucine (1.7gm) 4) L-Methionine (1.7gm) 5) L-Histidine Hydrochloride
Uses Of KABIVEN CENTRAL INFUSION
L-isoleucine is a branched chain essential amino acid, used as a supplement. It:
- Improves protein synthesis, healing and growth of muscles, muscle strength, brain function, liver function, concentration
- Acts as a precursor for glutamine and alanine.
- Prevents fatigue, muscle wasting
- Treats anorexia (eating disorder), tardive dyskinesia (movement disorder)
- Reduces muscle breakdown, mania.
L-methionine is an essential amino acid needed for body functions and is used as a supplement. It:
- Treats acetaminophen poisoning, cobalamin deficiency, allergies, asthma, schizophrenia.
- Reduce risk of colon cancer, neural tube birth defects, depression, and alcoholism.
- Improves symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, liver function.
Side Effects Of KABIVEN CENTRAL INFUSION
L-isoleucine is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose may cause side effects such as:
- Excess urination, depression, liver disease
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
L–methionine is usually safe but in overdoses may cause side effects such as:
- Increase blood levels of homocysteine.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of KABIVEN CENTRAL INFUSION
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Methylene tetra hydro folate reductase deficiency
- Liver diseases
When muscles are unable to generate force over an extended period of activity or for some pathological issues, it is called muscle fatigue.
The body muscles need oxygen to produce energy. But, when the muscles use up all the stored energy and oxygen, they start generating energy through a process that makes a waste product called lactic acid. As an amount of this acid increases in your muscle, you feel fatigue and experience pain.
Muscle fatigue is associated with some potential causes such as ion imbalance in muscles, impaired blood flow, nervous fatigue, and an accumulation of lactic acid in muscles. It is a common problem in most of the people especially who are associated with sports.
Almost everyone experiences pain in the muscle at some point in time. Muscle pain, also known as myalgia is very common and since we have muscle tissue throughout the body, you can experience a muscle pain practically anywhere. The term “myalgia” or muscle pain is derived from the ancient Greek words “myos” which stands for “muscle” and “algos” meaning pain. The most common areas where you can experience muscle pain are the neck, back, legs and trapezius.
- Musculoskeletal pain is the acute or chronic pain that is related to the bones, ligaments, tendons and nerves. It can be concentrated to one part or can affect multiple areas.
- The problem is treated by reducing the overlying cause.
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
- It refers to the state of low mood or dislikes towards an activity that can affect an individual’s behaviour, thoughts, feelings and overall health. There is a feeling of severe dejection despondency. The degree of depression and the type of depression varies from a person to person. It is very important to seek professional help to get rid of depression.
- Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive movement disorder. It affects the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. Its symptoms are continuous and increase over time.
- The cause of the disease is still not known yet, so it is not curable till date. However, there are treatment options such as medication and surgery.
Symptoms Treated With KABIVEN CENTRAL INFUSION
Muscle fatigue is associated with a number of signs and symptoms. You should understand the factors so that you can be careful while performing exercising activities:
- Muscle weakness: A common symptom of muscle fatigue is the weakness in muscles. This symptom can give you feeling like your legs are made of spaghetti, and they are not able to handle your weight.
- Leg twitching: Your leg muscles can experience a twitching feeling due to the muscle weakness; this condition is known as myoclonic jerks. It is also a common symptom for a person who is diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The brain sends the impulse signals and instructs the twitching muscle to relax and contract as early as possible.
- Reduced activity: A person can experience a lack of energy or he/she is unable to do regular physical activities. This particular type of muscle weakness can be a result of insufficient blood flow to the muscles. Patients, who are suffering from various cardiovascular issues such as high blood pressure, may experience this type of a symptom.
- Weak grips: During the weight lifting, an athlete may feel that he/she is not able to get an enough grip of a dumbbell or a barbell. Sometimes, it can be experienced with uncontrolled trembling. These are the apparent symptoms of muscle fatigue. These conditions are known as exercise-induced muscle fatigue. A weak grip along with trembling feeling indicates that a person ends up his/her activity limit. By these symptoms, the muscles protect themselves from further injury.
What Are The Symptoms Of Muscle Pain
- Inflammation that causes swelling and pain.
- Tenderness when the muscle is touched or moved.
- Muscles hurt even while you rest.
- Pain may be very mild or so severe that you can’t use the muscle.
- Symptoms vary according to the cause, however, the general ones are decreased the range of motion, pain, burning sensation in the muscles, sleeplessness.
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
What Are The Symptoms Of Depression
- The common symptoms are: feeling helpless or hopeless, lost interest in activities that used to be important, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, sleep abnormalities, anger or irritability, lack of energy, feeling of being guilty or worthless, problem in concentrating, reckless behaviour(rash driving, alcoholism, gambling, dangerous sports), or unexplained aches. The stronger, higher and for longer periods of time the symptoms persist, higher is the level of depression.
Group of symptoms experienced, differ from person to person. Primary motor signs of Parkinson’s disease include the following:
1. Tremoring of the hands, arms, legs, jaw and face
2. Slowness of movement
3. Rigidity or stiffness of the limbs and trunk
Postural instability or impaired balance and coordination.
Causes of diseases where KABIVEN CENTRAL INFUSION is used
While exercising, the muscles can feel weak, tired, and painful. This happens due to the muscle fatigue. Muscle fatigue is associated with a number of physical, nutritional, biochemical, and environmental factors. These factors are as follows:
Anaerobic Respiration: Muscles require energy in order to move and contract our body parts, and the body cells have to produce oxygen to create an essential energy. When the sufficient amount of oxygen has been supplied, then the associated cell respiration procedure is called aerobic respiration. But, when the oxygen is not enough, the cells bound to respire in an anaerobic process, and as a result, lactic acid is generated. Lactic acid is basically a waste element that causes fatigue and muscle pain.
Mineral Deficiencies: Certain electrolytes and minerals are essential for proper muscle functioning. When these important minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and calcium get reduced, then a person may experience sudden muscle cramps and fatigue.
Aging: With ageing, our muscles start to lose their strength and become weaker. Exercise can improve the muscle strength and power. But, you should be very careful with your exercise routine.
Infections: Infections associated with illness are one of the general causes of temporary muscle weakness and fatigue.
Pregnancy: During or after pregnancy, the level of steroids gets increased in the blood, and as a result, anaemia can be developed (lacking in iron). It can cause a muscle fatigue.
What Are The Causes Of Muscle Pain
Some causes of muscle pain include:
- Tension, stress, physical activity
- Overuse of muscle while doing some physical activity
- Injuring the muscle while exercising or some physical activity
- Infections such as flu, bacterial infections, and polio
- Medications and drugs such as ACE inhibitors, statins, and cocaine
- Fibromyalgia, autoimmune disorders such as polymyositis, dermatomyositis, lupus, etc.
- Hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
- Lyme disease, hormonal changes
- Hypokalemia (low potassium levels)
- Trauma to an organ because of accidents, falls, and jerks.
- Overuse of the particular organ.
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
What Are The Causes Of Depression
- Depression is a brain disorder that can be caused by one or combination of factors like grief, changes in hormone levels, stress, substance abuse, genetic characteristics or stress.
- Continued grief in personal or professional life also leads to low moods and dejection.
- Parkinson’s disease is caused by degeneration or progressive impairment of nerve cells (neurons) in the brain. However, what triggers the onset of Parkinson’s disease is still not known.
Worst Foods With KABIVEN CENTRAL INFUSION
What Are The Worst Foods For Muscle Fatigue
You should not eat the following foods if you are experiencing muscle fatigue:
Egg: Egg yolk contains arachidonic acid, and according to some studies, it is one of the main fatty acids that are associated with inflammation.
Processed foods: Processed foods (such as bacon, granola bars, flavoured nuts, fruit snacks, margarine, microwave popcorn, ketchup, etc.) are related to high-glycemic starches and processed sugars, and they are mostly responsible for muscle pain.
White flour: White flour can enhance the muscle pain.
Salt: Too much salt intake can develop muscle cramps.
Citrus fruits: Citric acid can increase your muscle pain, so try to consume less citrus fruits such as lemon, tangerine, pomelo, bitter orange, etc.
You should quit the following foods as they encourage muscle fatigue:
Sugar: As per the research, sugar can increase the pain associated with muscle fatigue.
Less caffeine and alcohol: Caffeine and alcohol can increase the symptoms related to muscle fatigue.
What Are The Worst Foods For Muscle Pain
- Avoid soda and sugary beverages as they boost mineral loss and makes muscle pains worse.
- Sugar and sugary foods eliminate important minerals and calcium from the body causing the muscle pain to worsen. So, avoid refined sugar and sugary foods such as candy, cakes, pastries, colas, fruit juice, etc.
- Avoid alcohol as it causes dehydration and worsens muscle pain.
- Avoid packaged foods such as noodles, ready to eat foods, etc. as they are deficient in vitamins and minerals that are necessary for muscle hydration and proper functioning of the muscles.
- Avoid consuming caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, energy drinks, etc. as they lead to dehydration and worsen muscle pain.
Avoid the following for Musculoskeletal pains:
- Red meat
- Dairy products
- Nightshade vegetables
- Processed foods and soft-drinks.
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Depression
Food that can contribute to depression are;
- Refined Sugar causes a hike in the glucose levels that disturbs the mood, drains energy and causes sleep disturbances
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Processed foods
- Hydrogenated oils
- Food with high sodium content can affect the neurological system and thus enhance depression
- Alcohol is a Central Nervous System Depressant
- Caffeine causes sleeplessness, agitation, nervousness, depression and anxiety.
- Limit your intake of salt and sugar.
- Avoid high fat or cholesterol foods like cheese, meats.
- Excessive protein rich foods like soy, cheese
Do's With Usage of KABIVEN CENTRAL INFUSION
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Muscle Fatigue
You should do the following things if you are experiencing muscle fatigue:
- Try different relaxation techniques: Various relaxation techniques help in fighting the fatigue and weakness associated symptoms as well as give relief from the stress involved with chronic fatigue syndrome. Some of the relaxation techniques are meditation, deep breathing exercises, muscle relaxation procedure, biofeedback, and yoga.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Muscle Pain
- Rest the muscle where you are experiencing pain.
- Apply ice or a bag of frozen peas to the affected area. This can help to reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Stretch the muscles gently.
- Always stretch before and after workouts.
- Relieve the tension by doing yoga or meditation.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids and stay hydrated when you are active.
- Exercise regularly to improve the muscle tone.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Musculoskeletal pain
To treat the Musculoskeletal pains do the following:
- Ice packs can be used to relieve the pain
- Topical Analgesics (Creams or ointments) can be applied to the site of pain directly.
- Physical or Occupational therapy can help
- Exercise primarily focused on stretching and strengthening
- Acupuncture or acupressure
- Meditation and other relaxation ways.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Depression
If you are suffering from depression following can help you:
- A proper routine can bring back a proper structure to your life that gets eliminated due to depression.
- Set goals, start from smaller goals to realise your worth.
- Regular exercise.
- Eat healthy, balanced diet.
- Have a proper sleep cycle.
- Fulfil your responsibilities.
- Correct the negative thoughts with proper logic.
- Consult a doctor.
- Try doing something new.
- Delve into fun-filled activities.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Parkinsons disease
The following can help to manage the Parkinson’s Disease:
- Make small changes in your house to make it more navigable for the patient, like removing rugs, keeping the gap between furniture items etc. Remove clutter.
- Conserve energy. Do daily tasks energy efficiently.
- Simply your tasks. Do not exert yourself.
- Learn to manage stress.
Dont's With Usage Of KABIVEN CENTRAL INFUSION
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Muscle Fatigue
You should not do the following things if you are experiencing muscle fatigue:
- Don’t do the wrong exercise: Don’t exercise without consulting a fitness expert as different people need different exercises for their body.
- Don’t sleep during the day: Try to avoid sleeping during the day as it can increase the muscle fatigue problem.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Muscle Pain
- Avoid any high-impact activities till the muscle pain reduces.
- Avoid lifting any weights till the pain goes away.
- Avoid sitting idle for long periods as it can lead to muscle stiffness.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Musculoskeletal pain
- To avoid musculoskeletal pain, don’t delay the treatment of any injury.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Depression
- Don’t confine yourself to four walls of your house.
- Don’t stop talking to people.
- Don’t self-medicate.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Parkinsons disease
Following must be avoided if suffering from the Parkinson’s disease:
- Do not drive. As symptoms of Parkinson’s disease can seriously interfere with driving.
- Do not try holding heavy things.
- Exercise. It can help to keep your muscles strong, improve mobility and flexibility.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfKABIVEN CENTRAL INFUSION
Some valuable quick tips regarding muscle fatigue are as follows:
- Apply an ice pack for treating the muscle fatigue.
- Increase fluid intake.
- Try natural remedies such as Epsom salt, essential oil like Eucalyptus.
- Take amino acid rich foods.
- Take a hot and cold shower.
- Go for swimming.
- Try to have an uninterrupted sleep.
- Remaining in one position for a long time or sitting at your desk working for prolonged periods can make your muscles get stiff and tense. And, when the muscles get tensed, they can get quite painful. So, it is a good idea to stand up, stretch and move around once in a while to reduce muscle stiffness and pain.
- Filling your bathtub with hot water and mixing a cup of Epsom salt and soaking in this for at least 20 minutes can provide relief from muscle pain.
- Essential oils are an excellent natural remedy for relief from muscle pain. You can mix peppermint oil, coconut oil, and cypress oil and massage them on your sore muscles for relief.
- A hot water soak provides quick relaxation and relief from pain as it helps to increase the blood flow and hasten the process of healing. However, you must not do this within as soon as the pain first begins.
- A good massage can help to improve the blood circulation in the affected areas and can help to quicken the healing process. Massaging the affected muscles with essential oils such as peppermint mixed with marjoram, and lemongrass can help to relieve the pain and muscle spasm.
- Turmeric has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Mixing a teaspoon of turmeric powder in warm milk and drinking this twice in a day can help to promote internal healing and also provide relief from muscle pain.
- Grate some fresh turmeric and mix it with some salt and lemon juice. Apply this to the affected muscles for around 30 minutes twice a day. This can help in providing relief from muscle pain.
- Eating a cupful of tart cherries can help to prevent any inflammation and muscle pain, especially post a workout. You can also drink a cupful of tart cherry juice without any added sugar for relief from pain.
- Ginger is an anti-inflammatory agent and helps to improve blood flow and circulation and helps to relieve muscle pain. Drinking 2-3 cups of ginger tea daily for relief from muscle pain. Alternatively, put 3-4 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger into a cloth bag and seal it tightly and put this into hot water for 1-2 minutes. When it cools slightly, place this on the sore muscles many times during the day for relief from pain.
- Apple cider vinegar can help to reduce muscle inflammation and pain, as it has anti-inflammatory properties. You can add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with some honey to a glass of warm water and drink it once in a day for a week for relief from muscle pain. Or, you can add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to warm bath water and soak for around 15 minutes for relief from pain in the muscle.
- Blackstrap molasses is rich in magnesium and is used as a natural remedy for muscle aches and pains. Consume a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in your mug of coffee every morning for relief from painful muscles.
- Coconut oil is a great remedy for muscle pains. Use around 2-3 tablespoons in cooking for benefits.
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.
What Are The Tips For Depression
To fight against depression following can help:
- Relaxation techniques (Yoga, meditation).
- Stay connected with people.
- Stay in sunlight for some time every day.
- Get professional help.