KERUTIN C TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Rutoside 2) Vitamin C 3) Menadione 4) Calcium DIBASIC PHOSPHATE 5) Vitamin D3 6) Adrenochrome Monosemicarbazone
Uses Of KERUTIN C TABLET
Rutoside (also called Rutin) is mostly found in fruits like apple, berries. More than 100 fruits are rich in rutoside. It has antioxidant properties and has been found useful in the treatment of following conditions:
The above list is only indicative, not exhaustive.
Vitamin C is used by body to form collagen. Usual benefits of Vitamin C are:
- Skin health
- Ligaments, tendons formation
- Blood vessels health
- Bone health
- Teeth health
- Cartilage health
- Healing of wounds
- Fighting ill-effects of toxicity
Used in short-term management of haemorrhage ; Long-term management of hereditary angioEdema
- Bone strength
- Prevention of bone disorders like rickets, osteomalacia
- Prevention of Osteoporosis
- Vitamin D is also used with other medications to treat low levels of calcium or phosphate caused by certain disorders (such as hypoparathyroidism, familial hypophosphatemia and pseudo-hypoparathyroidism).
- It may also be used in kidney disease to keep calcium levels normal and have normal bone growth.
- Vitamin D drops are given to breast-fed babies as breast milk has low levels of vitamin D usually.
Vitamin D (D2, D3, D4) is a vitamin that is fat soluble. It helps the body in absorbing phosphorus or calcium.
It is important to have adequate levels of vitamin D, phosphorus and calcium for building strong bones and also maintaining them.
Body gets vitamin D from sunlight. Any hindrance between skin and sunlight, like protective clothing, sunscreen, staying indoors or having limited exposure to sunlight, dark skin etc. may prevent absorption of vitamin D by body.
As the age advances, body’s ability of absorb sunlight reduces.
Vegetarian people are more prone to vitamin D deficiency as it is found more in animal based foods.
Side Effects Of KERUTIN C TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Rutoside
Rutoside is mostly safe. In very few cases may cause some side effects such as:
- Flushing, rashes
- Stomach upset, headache
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Vitamin C
Vitamin C is usually safe.
Side Effects Of Salt: Menadione
Side effects include Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, disturbances in colour vision, giddiness, hypotension (after rapid IV inj), thromboembolic events.
Side Effects Of Salt: Vitamin D3
Many people do not experience any side-effects of Vitamin D3, unless taken in high doses. Some of the side effects may be:
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Dry mouth
Contraindications Of KERUTIN C TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Rutoside
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug rutoside or any other allergies.
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin C
Contraindications Of Salt: Menadione
Severe renal failure, active intravascular clotting, thromboembolic disease, colour vision disorders, subarachnoid bleeding
Contraindications Of Salt: Vitamin D3
People with following conditions should Use vitamin D cautiously:
- Kidney disease: Vitamin D may increase calcium levels in body and increase the risk of hardening of the arteries in people having serious kidney disease. This must be balanced with the need to prevent renal osteodystrophy (a bone disease that occurs when the kidneys fail to maintain proper levels of calcium & phosphorus in blood). People with kidney disease should carefully monitor calcium levels.
- High levels of calcium in the blood
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- Sarcoidosis (enlargement of lymph nodes)
- Over-active parathyroid gland (hyperparathyroidism):
- Vitamin D might increase calcium levels in people with above conditions. This might result in complications such as kidney stones.
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is also known as degenerative joint disease, degenerative arthritis is a chronic condition that can harm any join. However, the most likely affected parts are knees, hips, lower back, and neck, small joints of the fingers, thumb and the big toes’ base.
Varicose is also known as varicosities, and it is a very common condition that occurs in almost 25 percent of adults all over the world. Backflow of blood occurs generally due to damaged valves. Whenever the veins get dilated or enlarged, they fill up with blood and look swollen. They generally are seen in legs and feet of people. Varicose veins are more common among women than men. It is a chronic issue which means it can last for the lifetime and cause a lot of pain whenever they occur.
- Skin care is mutliple activities carried on to ensure healthy looking skin devoid of any diseases and deformities.
Our teeth have a lot of work to do like chewing, grinding, biting, talking and also face the aging process. Hence, they need the care to keep them away from dental diseases. Brushing the teeth twice a day and flossing the mouth are age-old mantras to keep them healthy and safe. Other than this, attending routine dental check-ups and watching what you eat and drink are vital factors in deciding the health of your teeth.
The diseases of teeth are:
Also called tooth decay, this happens due to adult bacteria which survive on refined white sugar. When we eat candy or other sugary food, some morsels stick to the teeth, gums and in between teeth. Bacteria feed on this sticky food and thrive, releasing a toxin which causes tooth decay. The solution is to brush teeth regularly and floss the mouth. Avoid eating sticky sugary food.
This is a gum disease and occurs in the mild alkaline to the mild acidic environment in the mouth. The cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene and lack of the certain type of enzymes which can digest food substances. Gingivitis is a reversible condition with proper dental treatment.
If gingivitis is left untreated, it progresses into periodontal disease. In this disease, the plaque bacteria form crystals, which attach to the teeth, and these crystals destroy the ligaments, which attach teeth to the bone. As a result, pockets are formed, in which more food particles can be trapped and lodged. This causes the disease to progress, and eventually, it may lead to the removal of the tooth. The damage to the tooth and gum caused by periodontal disease is permanent and irreversible.
Also called bad breath or halitosis, mouth odor is due to remnants of food particles in the mouth. Enteric bacteria feed on these food particles and release an odor. Again, good brushing and flossing habits and the kind of food we eat play a key factor in preventing bad breath.
Symptoms Treated With KERUTIN C TABLET
- Joint pain and stiffness are the major symptoms. Pain, decreased the range of movement, medication’s side-effects can further deteriorate the well-being. The decreased mobility due to OA in the knee or hip-joint can be a cause of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
The most common symptoms of varicosities are aching or pain in the area that signifies a blood circulatory issue beneath. For a few people, it is some sort of discomfort they cannot explain. For others, it is simply a cosmetic issue. Usually, the veins are seen bulging out from underneath the skin of the affected area. This happens near the legs or feet.
Sometimes portions of skin surrounding one or more veins get inflamed. Other times it could be swelling occurring in legs after sitting in a particular position for a long time. It could also get started by standing for long period of time. Even the place around the veins starts to itch at times. There will be red discoloration around the swollen/ affected veins area.
These are the most common symptoms to identify the disease is varicose veins. Other symptoms include muscle cramps or a throbbing feeling in the affected area. In most cases, there is no need for imaging or laboratory tests to confirm the disease.
What Are The Symptoms Of Teeth health
The general symptoms of all dental diseases are:
- Tooth pain.
- Sensitivity: There is a sharp tingling sensation when consuming hot or cold drinks or beverages.
- Bleeding gums.
- Red and swollen gums.
- Cavities in teeth.
- Pain while chewing.
- Bad breath.
- Mouth sores.
- Loose teeth.
Causes of diseases where KERUTIN C TABLET is used
- Aging and obesity are the most common causes, though there are many more reasons that can cause OA.
There are several causes of varicose veins. Below are the most common reasons why people suffer from swollen veins:
- The most common causes for varicose veins are the valves in the body that allow for blood backflow. Increasing venous pressure causes the superficial veins to swell or twist. As there is not much muscular support for the top veins it causes them to become varicose.
- Reasons that could cause varicosities are standing for too long or excessive abdominal pressure. Other reasons include chronic constipation, pregnancy, obesity and also tumours. However, tumours are the most uncommon causes of varicose veins.
- Heredity is another factor why varicose veins could occur. This means that if you have a close blood relative who has this health issue then you may have this issue. So genetics also plays a role in the cause of varicose veins. The causes could also be any pressure inducing activities or conditions like pregnancy, constipation or obesity. This is because of excess pressure on the legs area.
Dental diseases are caused by microorganisms that live in the mouth and release toxins causing damage to dental tissue. The mouth offers resources for the bacteria to survive and multiply. There are three types of bacteria thriving in the oral cavity - pathogenic, beneficial, and neutral. When the mouth is dominated by beneficial bacteria, then there is good dental health. When pathogenic bacteria dominate the oral cavity, it leads to dental diseases. Neutral bacteria follow whichever bacteria are dominant.
Causes of tooth and gum diseases are:
- Sugary foods: When bacteria in the mouth combine with remnants of sugary or starchy food particles, they form a colourless, sticky substance called plaque. When you don’t remove plaque from mouth by proper brushing and flossing, it hardens into tartar or calculus. Removal of tartar will require a dental procedure by a dentist.
- Acidic foods: Acidic drinks and foods attack the tooth enamel, thereby damaging it. Soft drinks contain enormous amounts of sugar, which facilitate plaque formation. The acidic content of soft drinks erodes teeth enamel and causes damage to teeth.
- Dry mouth: Saliva in the mouth is helpful in inhibiting plaque formation. People with dry mouth are more prone to dental problems. Dry mouth condition is caused by certain medications. Diseases like diabetes also cause dry mouth issues.
- Grinding of teeth: People who grind teeth in their sleep or under stress are invariably damaging their teeth. The grinding process strips away the enamel (outer layer of teeth), thereby causing tooth decay.
- Genetics: Some people inherit tooth crevices and enamel problems from parents. This can also lead to teeth problems.
- Poor dental hygiene: Improper brushing and flossing is the number one cause of teeth problems.
Worst Foods With KERUTIN C TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Osteoarthritis
Foods that make Osteoarthritis worse are:
- Refined carbohydrates
- Meat and Eggs
- Trans fats
What Are The Worst Foods For Varicose veins
The patients who suffer from varicose veins must avoid certain foods as mentioned here:
- Foods containing salt: Salty foods make the blood pressure rise higher and this makes the problem start once again. Some foods that contain high quantity of salt are pickles, pizza, and canned foods. One should consider putting less salt in one’s food.
- Alcohol beverages: While studies are on to find out the link between alcohol and varicose veins, it is probably one of the worst foods to consume as it aggravates the problem. So avoid and try to stop consuming alcohol.
- Foods containing Salt BPA: Bisphenol A is also known as BPA. This works as a chemical like an oestrogen that has been linked to greater risk of swollen veins. Several canned foods are stored in plastic cans containing BPA. So check the label for Bisphenol A and avoid eating too much of such foods.
What Are The Worst Foods For Bone health
- High-Sodium Foods: The more salt you eat, the more calcium you lose as salt causes excessive calcium excretion through the kidneys.
- Sugary snacks, high sugar items
- Soda, cola drinks as they lead to higher risk of hip bone fracture
- Alchohol: Heavy and chronic consumption of alcohol may result in decreased bone formation, higher chances of bone fracture, low bone mass, and delay in fracture healing.
- Inflammatory foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin care
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Fast food, junk food.
- Cow’s milk (Sometimes cow’s milk is taken from pregnant cows. It has increased levels of hormones, which in turn can cause acne).
What Are The Worst Foods For Teeth health
- Sugary sweets and candies: Sugary food is what bacteria thrive on. Even if you wish to have sweets, opt for those which leave no particles sticking to the teeth and clear out of the mouth quickly.
- Starchy carbohydrates: Foods like chips, crackers, bread, and pasta contain starch which is available as sugar to the bacteria.
- Carbonated soft drinks and sodas: Firstly, carbonated drinks again contain a lot of sugar. Secondly, they contain phosphorous and carbon dioxide which are known to wear away the enamel of the teeth. This causes them to get brown or stained.
- Fruit juices: Though fruit juices are healthy, they contain sugar and acids which are a bad combination for teeth. If you regularly consume juices, don’t keep them for too long in the mouth. Use a straw for minimal contact with teeth.
Do's With Usage of KERUTIN C TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Osteoarthritis
To prevent or reduce Osteoarthritis, take care of the following:
- Manage a healthy weight
- Regular Exercise
- Avoid Joint Injuries
- Wear shoes with proper fitting, shock absorbing shoes
- Cool down after physical activities.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Varicose veins
Remember what to do so that varicose veins do not increase. The points mentioned below will help reduce varicose veins:
- Do use or wear elastic socks or compressor support stockings. This helps to reduce or give relief to the issue.
- Do wear low heeled shoes or flat shoes are even better as it helps the blood to move freely through your calf muscles. The lower legs are more relaxed in low heeled shoes.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bone health
- Get enough sun light without sunscreen, especially in morning or afternoon. If you are worried about sun burns or tanning, enrich your food with natural anti-oxidants like blueberries, raspberries, goji berries and pomegranates.
- People 50+: Skin’s ability capacity to absorb Vitamin D reduces with age. Hence, there is more need of taking Vitamin D supplements.
- Manage your weight as obese people are more prone to getting vitamin D deficiency.
- Eat foods naturally rich in vitamin D.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin care
- Drink lots of water.
- Whether you have acne or not, keep your face clean. Cleanse at least twice a day.
- Use natural cleansers to clean your face.
- Exercise and relax.
- Use only good quality skin care products.
- Find out the exact cause of your skin problem as skin problems can be caused due to hormonal changes, taking contraceptive pills, stress, smoking, over exposure to sun etc. Identify the root cause and make your treatment plan accordingly.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Teeth health
- Brush your teeth at least two times a day to wash off any food substances remaining in the mouth.
- Flossing your teeth regularly is as important as brushing. Flossing removes food particles trapped in between teeth and also removes bad odor.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months. Bristles become weak after a time and are ineffective in cleaning the teeth. You have to change your toothbrush after a bout of illness to prevent re-infection.
- Wash the bristles thoroughly after each brushing ritual.
- Chew on sugarless gum. Chewing produces saliva which helps in washing off the bacteria.
- Give a massage to your gums at least two times a week.
- Clean your tongue with a tongue cleaner.
- Drink lots of water to keep the mouth moist.
- See the dentist biannually for a general check-up of the teeth.
Dont's With Usage Of KERUTIN C TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Osteoarthritis
- Don’t bend knees past 90 degrees while doing half knee bends
- Avoid running on concrete.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Varicose veins
People suffering from varicose veins must remember the following things to avoid:
- Do not stand for a long period of time as this induces pressure upon the veins thereby causing them to bulge and making the problem worse.
- Do not strain at the time of passing stools if you are suffering from constipation. This is one of the major causes of varicose veins.
- Do not even hold breath for long periods of time as this once again will exert pressure on the bloodstream causing it to go backwards which in turn causes the veins to swell up.
- Avoid certain kinds of sports activities that because of the impact it has on the legs. This includes the sports such as karate, judo, taekwondo, running, squash, tennis, football, skiing, and water skiing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bone health
- Don’t stay indoors for long periods.
- Do not go out in sun with screen applied as it blocks the absorption of vitamin D through skin.
- Do not have any shield between you and sun rays (like glass window) as it blocks the absorption of Vitamin D by skin. Let sun ray fall directly on your skin.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin care
- Use make-up sparingly.
- Avoid using fragrances, pomades, or gels on your hair. If they get on your face, they can block your skin's pores and irritate your skin.
- Avoid touching your skin part which has acne, rashes. It can spread the bacteria, and also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
- Do not sleep with make-up on.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Teeth health
- Do not brush too hard, you will tear the gums or damage the tooth.
- Do not forget to rinse your mouth after eating sugary food.
- Do not sleep with your mouth open.
- Do not smoke as it is known to cause oral cancer.
- Do not keep sipping on beverages like tea or coffee throughout the day. This gives a chance to the bacteria to thrive and attack the enamel of the teeth.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfKERUTIN C TABLET
- Consume balanced diet
- Sleep Well
- Use hot and cold compresses for the affected joint to decrease pain, stiffness and swelling.
These are other tips to help prevent/ take care of varicose veins:
- Smoking has also been linked to the varicose veins. Try and reduce or avoid completely for a pair of legs free from varicose veins.
- Supervised physical activity is one of the simplest, natural and affordable treatments within the comfort of your home. It would distribute the blood that collects at a spot to the entire body.
- Making dietary changes go a great way to help varicose veins. This is because some foods aggravate the condition and some relieve the condition. There is a detailed list above for the same.
- There are several herbal remedies that are available for the treatment of varicose veins. These include grape seed extract that would go a great way to help relieve the problem. It eases chronic venous symptoms like cramping in the legs, restless legs and swelling in the legs too.
- Avoid substance use like smoking, alcohol.
- If you have a family history of osteoporosis, you need to take extra care of yourself at younger age.
- Make exercise a habit.
What Are The Tips For Skin care
- Exfoliate your face with scrub made for face.
- De-germ your cell phone.
- The best advice for teeth health is good oral hygiene and regular appointments with the dentist.
- Keeping a watch of what goes into the mouth as food will go a long way in protecting those pearly white assets.
- Along with brushing and flossing, using a mouthwash is very important. Mouthwash containing Listerine and chlorine dioxide will help in maintaining the good bacteria in the mouth. It will also promote good breath and make teeth strong.
- Choosing toothpaste with fluoride will make the enamel strong, and hence, avoid tooth decay. But take care to use the pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste for kids. Using too much of it can cause white spots on the teeth.