KLINIQUE FORTE SHAMPOO 100ML has the following salts in its composition
1) Ketoconazole 2) Zinc pyrithione
Uses Of KLINIQUE FORTE SHAMPOO 100ML
Ketoconazole is used to treat Fungal infections of mucous membrane and skin. It stops the growth of fungus. It is also used for the treatment of Fungal infection on nails.
Mainly used as tropical dosage in Dandruff and seborrhoeic Dermatitis (Fungal infection of scalp), Itching, flaking, scaling and hair loss resulting from any of above conditions. Normally used in combination with minoxidil to prevent hair loss.
Other uses include Eczema, Ringworm, Psoriasis, tinea infection, atopic Dermatitis athlete foot and Vitiligo (pigmentation loss of skin in patches).
It blocks the proton pump in fungal membrane, which is responsible for electrolyte transport in to the fungal cells.
Side Effects Of KLINIQUE FORTE SHAMPOO 100ML
Vomiting and nausea are common side effects.
Serious but rare side effects (of the oral dose) are suicidal thoughts, depression, head ache and mood changes. Over dosage and long term use results in a reduction in testosterone and sperm levels.
Some of the common side-effects of Zinc pyrithione are
- Severe rash, hives
- Difficulty in breathing, tightness in chest
- Swelling of facial organs and other allergic conditions.
Contraindications Of KLINIQUE FORTE SHAMPOO 100ML
Contraindications Of Salt: Ketoconazole
People with a medical history of irregular heart rhythm, dizziness, stomach acid related issue, lower testosterone levels and liver problems should inform the doctor.
Contraindicated during pregnancy and hypersensitivity to the drug.
A fungus is a group of organisms that make spores. Fungi live mostly everywhere and usually don’t cause infections or skin growths. But, you may occasionally get fungal growths on your skin, like ringworm, jock itch, or vaginal yeast infection, athlete's foot.
Eczema also called atopic dermatitis, is a set of skin conditions that cause the skin inflammation and irritation.
It commonly appears on face, wrists, hands, knees or feet. It may also affect other areas.
Eczema is not contagious; hence there is no risk of it getting spread from one person to another.
- Hair loss, also called alopecia or baldness, means a loss of hair from part of the body or head. The severity of hair loss may vary from a small area to the entire body. Typically scarring or inflammation is not present. Hair loss may cause psychological distress in some people.
- Common types of hair loss are male-pattern hair loss, alopecia areata, female-pattern hair loss, and a thinning of hair known as telogen effluvium.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
Symptoms Treated With KLINIQUE FORTE SHAMPOO 100ML
- Darkening of skin, redness
- Rashes or small bump
What Are The Symptoms Of Eczema
Eczema, irrespective of the part of body affected, has following symptoms:
- Dark, thick and patchy skin
- Cracked and rough skin
- Gradual thinning of hair.
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
Causes of diseases where KLINIQUE FORTE SHAMPOO 100ML is used
- Weakened immune system
- Certain medications like antibiotics
- Keeping skin wet for long
- Swimming in infected water
- Using contaminated items like towel, clothes
What Are The Causes Of Eczema
Exact causes of eczema are still unknown, but it is often triggered by an overactive response by body’s immune system to an irritant. People who have the family history of certain allergies or asthma are more at risk of developing eczema.
Certain foods like nuts or dairy products can also trigger eczema. Environmental factors or pollens also trigger eczema in some patients.
- Male-pattern hair loss may be caused by a combination of genetic factors and male hormones.
- The cause of alopecia areata is autoimmune diseases.
- The causes for female pattern hair loss are not clear.
- The cause of is telogen effluvium (common following pregnancy) is mostly a psychologically or physically stressful event.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
Worst Foods With KLINIQUE FORTE SHAMPOO 100ML
- Poor eating habits lead to the poor immune system, which in turn leads to the risk of catching the fungal infection. You should avoid:
- Eating stale food, bacteria laden water.
- Too much use of anti-biotics, as weakens the immune system.
- High amounts of processed foods (especially sugar).
- Foods with high glycemic acid (white bread, most white rice, high sugar breakfast cereals).
- Dairy products except for probiotic yoghurt.
- Nuts and seeds like Cashews and pistachios which have the high content of carbohydrates.
- Smoked meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eczema
Following foods may not cause allergies, but can trigger inflammation. Hence, if you have eczema, you should limit your intake of:
- Soy, Soy sauce, pickles, spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods containing preservatives or having artificial ingredients. Foods in this category are fast foods, junk foods, trans fats, margarine etc.
- Oranges, tomato, grapes and grape products like wine, grape juice etc. Grapes are rich in MSG, which worsens eczema.
- Kiwi fruit, a strongly acidifying food.
- Avocado, good food to have in the diet when you don’t have eczema. But those who have eczema should avoid it as it worsens the disease.
- Processed foods
- Full-fat dairy products
- Red meats
- Coffee, tea, chocolate and cola drinks.
- Such foods decrease the nutrients in the body and raise adrenal levels. This results in a chain of reaction of producing more androgen, causing hair loss.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
Do's With Usage of KLINIQUE FORTE SHAMPOO 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Fungal infection
- Keep your skin dry as wet skin often can cause fungal infection. People who sweat more are more likely to get the fungal infection. So, wipe your body dry frequently if you perspire heavily.
- Wash all towels/ clothes in warm soapy water
- Keep you bath tub dry and disinfected. Clean it especially after every bath.
- Take vitamins and probiotics to improve your immune system.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eczema
- Moisture your skin frequently.
- Keep sweat to the minimum to avoid flare ups.
- Identify your eczema triggers and avoid them.
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid hot water baths and it can lead to flare ups. Take room temperature baths.
- If you need to do a work, which requires affected parts to get wet, try some protection (e.g. gloves on hands if you have eczema on hands)
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hair fall, Alopecia
- Take hot oil treatment- olive, coconut, and canola.
- Keep your scalp clean.
- Let the hair dry naturally. Avoid using a hair dryer.
- Eat iron rich food. Add protein, minerals in your diet.
- Find out the causes of hair loss, which may include hormonal or nutritional deficiencies, such as low iron, or low protein
- Thyroid problems or the reason could be genetic. Change your diet as per the cause identified.
- Switch your shampoos.
- Getting 7 hours of sleep, one glass of water every hour and eating protein rich foods can reduce hair loss by up to 80%. Hair is made up of minerals which only water can provide.
- Attend to dandruff as soon as you get it. Prolonged dandruff also leads to hair loss.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
Dont's With Usage Of KLINIQUE FORTE SHAMPOO 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Fungal infection
Since fungal infections are contagious, you should take special care of the following:
- Avoid scratching the infected area
- Do not share infected person’s clothes, towel or comb.
- Sometimes, water in swimming pools also may also cause fungal infection. Check if you experience continuous itching or rashes after swimming.
- Avoid works which require long term exposure to water like washing clothes, cleaning utensils etc., if you have the fungal infection in your hands.
- Avoid taking too much of anti-biotics, immune suppressants and steroids, as they cause increased risk of getting fungal infections.
- If you have the fungal infection in your feet, do not wear close shoes. Use flip flops instead.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eczema
- Don’t scratch the itchy skin.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid tight clothes.
- Avoid synthetic clothes.
- Avoid stress as it can increase the irritation.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hair fall, Alopecia
- Do not tie your hair till they dry naturally as tying wet hair weakens the roots of the hair.
- Avoid use of styling tools, chemical filled sprays and colours.
- Avoid stress as it is one of the key reasons for hair loss.
- Do not let dandruff continue for long.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfKLINIQUE FORTE SHAMPOO 100ML
- Certain medicines may also cause rapid hair fall. Consult your doctor if you face any such symptom.
- If you are staying in a high pollution area, wash your hair frequently. Instead of using shampoo for hair wash every time, try using powder of gooseberry, soapnut and Acacia continent (Shikakai). Powder of these three ingredients is easily available in grocery shops. Soak 1-1.5 tablespoon of the powder in half glass of water overnight. Sieve it next day morning and wash your hair. A mixture of dried gooseberry, soap nut and Acacia continent (Shikakai) is the best chemical free hair washing agent.
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.