KOMBIGLYZE XR 5MG/500MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of KOMBIGLYZE XR 5MG/500MG TABLET
Saxagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
Type 2 diabetes so that the adverse effects of diabetes like renal damage nerve problems blindness etc are controlled.
Side Effects Of KOMBIGLYZE XR 5MG/500MG TABLET
Saxagliptin is usually safe and no serious side effects are caused. But some patients may experience:
- Low blood sugar levels (Symptoms of low blood sugar are sweating, fast heartbeat, blurred vision, tingling hands and feet, shaking/hunger).
Contraindications Of KOMBIGLYZE XR 5MG/500MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Saxagliptin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug saxagliptin or any other allergies
- Stones in gall bladder
- Kidney problems
- Heart failure
- High levels of triglycerides in blood
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Symptoms Treated With KOMBIGLYZE XR 5MG/500MG TABLET
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
Causes of diseases where KOMBIGLYZE XR 5MG/500MG TABLET is used
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
Worst Foods With KOMBIGLYZE XR 5MG/500MG TABLET
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
Do's With Usage of KOMBIGLYZE XR 5MG/500MG TABLET
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
Dont's With Usage Of KOMBIGLYZE XR 5MG/500MG TABLET
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol