LACOSET INJECTION 20ML has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of LACOSET INJECTION 20ML
lacosamide is used in the treatment of Seizures in Epilepsy as it reduces the spread of seizure activity in the brain and neuropathic Pain.
Side Effects Of LACOSET INJECTION 20ML
Side Effects Of Salt: Lacosamide
Lacosamide may sometimes cause side effects such as:
- Blurred vision, drowsiness
- Nausea, dizziness
- Tiredness, loss of balance
- Shaking, difficulty in walking
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of LACOSET INJECTION 20ML
Contraindications Of Salt: Lacosamide
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug lacosamide or any other allergies.
- Liver problems
- Kidney diseases
- Heart problems
- Mental / mood changes
Epilepsy is a chronic nervous system disorder in which activity of the nerve cell in the brain becomes unprovoked and disrupted causing seizures and unconsciousness. The seizures may be mild or severe, but it can affect the whole brain and that can lead to spasms and hardly controllable muscle twitches. It’s quite a common disease hence; it can be treated with proper medications.
Symptoms Treated With LACOSET INJECTION 20ML
What Are The Symptoms Of Epilepsy
| There are a number of symptoms of this disease as it affects nervous system which controls the whole body. Sometimes symptoms can be mild but sometimes it can be severe. The most common are: - |
- Temporary paralysis post seizure
- Jerking and uncontrollable movements of the legs and arms
- Change in behaviour.
- Staring blankly.
- Performing repetitive movements.
- Confusion for a short time.
- Loss of consciousness and vision.
Causes of diseases where LACOSET INJECTION 20ML is used
What Are The Causes Of Epilepsy
| The disease epilepsy has no identifiable or exact cause, some of the common factors were found in the patients and it concludes some of the possible causes. Here are the ones: - |
- Brain tumours and strokes can cause epilepsy.
- Head injury in a car accident or other incident.
- Genetic is considered as one of the causes.
- Lack of oxygen to the brain.
- Serious illness or very high fever.
- Prenatal Injuries is a possible cause as the brain of a baby is too sensitive that a minor jerk can cause this sometimes.
Worst Foods With LACOSET INJECTION 20ML
What Are The Worst Foods For Epilepsy
| Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Thus, avoid them completely. Some of them are: - |
- Sugar: It imbalances the blood sugar in the body causing more seizures. It acts as a trigger of symptoms. Thus, try to limit or avoid completely.
- Refined Carbohydrates: Experts say that fluctuations in glucose level in the body can trigger seizures. To balance, avoid foods which raise your glucose level. These foods include soft drinks, white bread, cakes, bagels, white rice, white pasta and chips.
- Alcohol and Caffeine: The diseases get worse with the intake of alcohol and caffeine as these not only affect the nervous system but also affect the sleep.
- Eliminate artificial Sweeteners: There are a number of artificial sweeteners that cause excessive nerve cell firing and increase the risk of seizure attacks.
- MSG: The food additives such as MSG are considered as excitotoxins that promote nerve cells to burst out. Hence, they are highly suggested to avoid.
Do's With Usage of LACOSET INJECTION 20ML
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Epilepsy
Doctor’s suggestions are always helpful. Indeed, different doctors give different opinions, but here are some most common tips that a close one can follow.
- Remove the individual’s specs and tie if possible and also the objects that are sharp.
- Place something soft under the patient’s head.
- Make him speak more.
- Check medicines or any medical identification.
- Make person lie down at the corner.
- After a seizure, turn the victim to his side.
Dont's With Usage Of LACOSET INJECTION 20ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Epilepsy
| Here are some don’ts which experts believe that can help the patient a lot. Thus, pay an attention to it. |
- Do not panic or be afraid.
- Do not insert any object in the patient’s mouth.
- Don’t offer any food or liquid even water as it can cause choking.
- Do not try to hold the person with physical pressure.
- Do not crowd around the victim.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfLACOSET INJECTION 20ML
What Are The Tips For Epilepsy
Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Learn stress management and relaxation techniques like meditation.
- Sleep more and in a proper manner.
- Take all the medicines on time and stay always in touch with your doctor.