LAMIFIN BODY LOTION 60ML has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of LAMIFIN BODY LOTION 60ML
It is used in the treatment of certain types of fungal infectionssuch as toenail ringworm, fungal nail infections and pityriasis versicolor (skin eruption).
It is taken orally or applied in the form of cream or ointment to the skin. It works by stopping the growth of fungus.
Side Effects Of LAMIFIN BODY LOTION 60ML
Some of the common side-effects may be:
- Nausea, diarrhoea,
- Rash, and elevated liver enzymes
- Skin irritation
- Itching, hives
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Diarrhoea, constipation,
- Abdominal pain, indigestion
- Depression, anxiety
- Liver inflammation
- Decreased WBC
Contraindications Of LAMIFIN BODY LOTION 60ML
Contraindications Of Salt: Terbinafine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- History of any allergic reaction
- Chronic liver disease
A fungus is a group of organisms that make spores. Fungi live mostly everywhere and usually don’t cause infections or skin growths. But, you may occasionally get fungal growths on your skin, like ringworm, jock itch, or vaginal yeast infection, athlete's foot.
- It is a fungal nail infection occurring due to the attack of a fungus on the fingernail, toenail, or a skin under the nail, called the nail bed. The attack of fungus can be through small skin cuts in the skin around the nail or sometimes through the opening between the nail and nail bed. For a healthy person, the fungal nail is not the that serious problem. But it may not look nice, may hurt, or may damage nail or nail bed. For a person with diabetes or a weak immune system, it may lead to a more serious problem.
Symptoms Treated With LAMIFIN BODY LOTION 60ML
- Darkening of skin, redness
- Rashes or small bump
- Brittle, discoloured nails or thickening of nails.
Causes of diseases where LAMIFIN BODY LOTION 60ML is used
- Weakened immune system
- Certain medications like antibiotics
- Keeping skin wet for long
- Swimming in infected water
- Using contaminated items like towel, clothes
- Yeast, moulds, and different types of fungus are the causes of fungal nail infection. Mostly the ground of fungus is one that causes athlete’s foot.
Worst Foods With LAMIFIN BODY LOTION 60ML
- Poor eating habits lead to the poor immune system, which in turn leads to the risk of catching the fungal infection. You should avoid:
- Eating stale food, bacteria laden water.
- Too much use of anti-biotics, as weakens the immune system.
- High amounts of processed foods (especially sugar).
- Foods with high glycemic acid (white bread, most white rice, high sugar breakfast cereals).
- Dairy products except for probiotic yoghurt.
- Nuts and seeds like Cashews and pistachios which have the high content of carbohydrates.
- Smoked meat.
Do's With Usage of LAMIFIN BODY LOTION 60ML
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Fungal infection
- Keep your skin dry as wet skin often can cause fungal infection. People who sweat more are more likely to get the fungal infection. So, wipe your body dry frequently if you perspire heavily.
- Wash all towels/ clothes in warm soapy water
- Keep you bath tub dry and disinfected. Clean it especially after every bath.
- Take vitamins and probiotics to improve your immune system.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Toenail infection
To avoid or cure the Toenail Infection, the following can be done:
- Tea Tree/Orange Oil Rub: Tea Tree is a natural disinfectant, possessing fungicidal and antibacterial properties. Whereas, Orange oil is very effective in getting rid of the fungus.
- Baking soda and vinegar soak: Baking soda is a fungi static which means it prevents the spreading and growing. However, vinegar soaks help in killing the fungus.
- Coconut Oil: It naturally inserts itself in the lipid (fat) layer of the fungus membrane and disturbs it, this leads to the disintegration and destruction of the fungus
- Alternate your shoes.
- Disinfect regularly: Spay your shoes with antibacterial spray especially if you wore them without socks and wash all socks in hot and bleach water.
Dont's With Usage Of LAMIFIN BODY LOTION 60ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Fungal infection
Since fungal infections are contagious, you should take special care of the following:
- Avoid scratching the infected area
- Do not share infected person’s clothes, towel or comb.
- Sometimes, water in swimming pools also may also cause fungal infection. Check if you experience continuous itching or rashes after swimming.
- Avoid works which require long term exposure to water like washing clothes, cleaning utensils etc., if you have the fungal infection in your hands.
- Avoid taking too much of anti-biotics, immune suppressants and steroids, as they cause increased risk of getting fungal infections.
- If you have the fungal infection in your feet, do not wear close shoes. Use flip flops instead.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Toenail infection
Things that must be avoided if you have a toenail infection:
- Do not use non-sanitized nail scissor or clipper.
- Do not wear tight shoes.
- Do not wear unbreathable shoes i.e rubber or plastic shoes.
- Avoid going barefoot in public areas: Areas like Locker rooms, public pools, and showers are full of fungus.