LAREGAB AT TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Amitriptyline 2) Gabapentin
Uses Of LAREGAB AT TABLET
Amitriptyline is used for treating:
Sometimes (though less commonly) it is also used for:
It is used in cases only where other medications do not work.
Gabapentin is used for:
- Managing nerve Pain due to herpes zoster infection or shingles.
- Prevent and control seizures
Side Effects Of LAREGAB AT TABLET
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Weight gain
- Heart beat disturbance
Side Effects Of Salt: Gabapentin
Some of the possible side-effects include:
- Loss of coordination
- Blurred vision
Contraindications Of LAREGAB AT TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Amitriptyline
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Congestive heart failure, any heart problem, heart blockage, heart attack etc.
- Serious liver problem
Contraindications Of Salt: Gabapentin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Alcohol addiction
- Kidney disease
- Mood problems like depression
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is a psychiatric condition, and is classified in the DSM-V (Diagnostic and Statistic Manual of Mental disorders, Fifth Edition) by standardised defining criteria.
Generalised anxiety disorder is one of the commonest mental health concerns worldwide, and it is estimated that a significant number of cases are left undiagnosed.
Patients with GAD present with excessive worry and anxiety in usual day-to-day life activities. This worry interferes with their normal functioning and is often regarded as irrational or out of proportion. The worry affects areas such as health, personal relationships, finances, and career.
Diagnosis of GAD may be difficult to make as it is commonly occurs in conjunction with other mental disorders such as depression. Online and easily accessible tools such as the Generalised Anxiety Disorder-7 questionnaire may assist in the diagnosis.
The average age of diagnosis is around thirty years of age.
- It refers to the state of low mood or dislikes towards an activity that can affect an individual’s behaviour, thoughts, feelings and overall health. There is a feeling of severe dejection despondency. The degree of depression and the type of depression varies from a person to person. It is very important to seek professional help to get rid of depression.
Seizures are a rapid rush of electrical activity in the brain. The nerve cell action is disturbed during seizures. It affects an individual’s appearances or actions for a short period of time.
Shingle is an infection leading to a painful red skin rash that reflects on the skin in the form of a red strip, band, or a small patch. This appears in the form of blisters mainly on the torso, face, back and neck.
Symptoms Treated With LAREGAB AT TABLET
According to the DSM-V criteria, a patient with GAD must present with at least three of the symptoms listed below. The symptoms must be present for a minimum of six months, on most days, rather than at irregular intervals.
- Feeling impatient or on edge
- Getting worn-out quickly
- Struggling to focus or concentrate. The mind seems like it goes "blank."
- Getting annoyed quite quickly
- Muscle tension
- Some disruption of normal sleeping patterns- either having problems falling asleep, waking up at night, or having restless sleep.
The anxiety or worry must interfere with important areas of functioning such as social or employment spheres. It is important to exclude that the symptoms are not caused by other medical conditions e.g. thyroid function disturbances or by a particular substance or medication.
Patient with GAD may also have other physical manifestations of anxiety, along with those already mentioned. These include:
- Trembling, feeling jittery or being startled easily
- Gastrointestinal upsets such as nausea, diarrhoea or irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.
- Recurrent tension headaches
What Are The Symptoms Of Depression
- The common symptoms are: feeling helpless or hopeless, lost interest in activities that used to be important, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, sleep abnormalities, anger or irritability, lack of energy, feeling of being guilty or worthless, problem in concentrating, reckless behaviour(rash driving, alcoholism, gambling, dangerous sports), or unexplained aches. The stronger, higher and for longer periods of time the symptoms persist, higher is the level of depression.
What Are The Symptoms Of Seizures
A seizure can occur for an episode of few seconds to 15 minutes.
- Short-term loss of consciousness
- Spasms, Muscle stiffness
- Repetitive movements, bouncy movements
- A sick stomach
- Modified Vision
- An out of body feeling
If in Progress:
- Salivating or frothing of mouth
- Difference of taste in the mouth
- Clamping teeth together
- Rapid eye Movements
- Rumbling / making noises
- No control over bladder or bowel function
The most common symptoms observed in shingles are:
- Red rashes, itching.
- Painful, fluid/pus-filled blisters that break easily.
- Mild Flu.
- Tingling, Joint pain, difficulty urinating.
- Weakness and pain in the muscles.
Causes of diseases where LAREGAB AT TABLET is used
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is not linked to a specific aetiology, but different risk and associated factors have been identified, with a primary focus on genetics and environmental causes.
Life stressor may trigger anxiety in genetically predisposed individuals. Life stressors include social issues such as isolation, lack of family support and poor self-esteem. Financial stressors such as inadequate income or debt may also contribute.
Women are more often affected than men. GAD is seen less often in married couples or those in long-term relationships, than those without a life-partner.
Personality types may also play a role in developing GAD. Avoidant, dependent and obsessive-compulsive personalities are most commonly associated with anxiety.
What Are The Causes Of Depression
- Depression is a brain disorder that can be caused by one or combination of factors like grief, changes in hormone levels, stress, substance abuse, genetic characteristics or stress.
- Continued grief in personal or professional life also leads to low moods and dejection.
What Are The Causes Of Seizures
Various health issues may lead to a seizure.
- Decreasing glucose levels in blood
- Failure in kidney or liver
- Exceptionally elevated blood pressure
- Shock in head
- An electric shock
- Sudden drug/alcohol abandonment
- A brain defect present from birth
- An injury/injection caused in brain
- Toxic bites/stings
Shingles are usually caused by the varicella zoster virus, which also causes chickenpox. So, the skin condition resembles that of the latter.
- As a person ages, the chances of getting Shingles increases.
- Certain diseases such as HIV/AIDS or cancer can trigger Shingles in the body.
- Stress-related encounters are also accountable for Shingles.
- The dormant virus in the nervous system can also be triggered by certain drugs.
Worst Foods With LAREGAB AT TABLET
- Caffeine- coffee, black tea, chocolate.
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners. Sugar has shown to increase depression and anxiety. Sugar-spikes wreak havoc on your insulin-glucose pathway and induce a "stress-response" in the body that worsens anxiety.
- Foods high in unsaturated fatty acids, that increase neural inflammation.
What Are The Worst Foods For Depression
Food that can contribute to depression are;
- Refined Sugar causes a hike in the glucose levels that disturbs the mood, drains energy and causes sleep disturbances
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Processed foods
- Hydrogenated oils
- Food with high sodium content can affect the neurological system and thus enhance depression
- Alcohol is a Central Nervous System Depressant
- Caffeine causes sleeplessness, agitation, nervousness, depression and anxiety.
What Are The Worst Foods For Seizures
People who have risks of seizures need to avoid certain foods that may trigger the condition out of the blue. Some of these are:
Refined Carbohydrates: Foods with refined carbohydrates tend to increase the glycaemia in the body that leads to high glucose levels. These foods comprise of chips, white pasta, bagels, cakes, white bread, soft drinks, pizza, etc.
Fruits and vegetables with high glycaemia: There are also a number of fruits and vegetables that have high glycemic content in them leading to irregular glucose levels. Such food items that need to be avoided are dates, mashed potatoes, bananas, raisins, mangos, etc.
Other foods that have chances of triggering seizures in people are Monosodium Glutamate and Gingko Nuts which when consumed in large quantity can be toxic to the nerves.
- Chocolate: It has amino acid ‘Arginine’ which promotes the growth of the virus.
- Processed foods: These don’t provide any nutrition to the body.
- Alcohol and other acidic beverages: Alcohol disturbs the normal metabolism in the body and promotes the growth of microbes.
- Caffeinated drinks: Such drinks change the normal functioning of the body and increase acidity that reduces healing process of Shingles. These include energy drinks, coffee, carbonated drinks, etc.
Do's With Usage of LAREGAB AT TABLET
Exercise. Cardiovascular exercise is a good way to assist with stress relief, as well as managing symptoms of anxiety
Start practicing specific and directed relaxation techniques to help anxiety
Psychotherapy has been proven to be as beneficial as medication and is of additive benefit to patients who are on treatment.
Lower your caffeine intake. Caffeine is a stimulant that releases sympathomimetics (the same chemical neurotransmitters that are released during anxiety or fear
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Depression
If you are suffering from depression following can help you:
- A proper routine can bring back a proper structure to your life that gets eliminated due to depression.
- Set goals, start from smaller goals to realise your worth.
- Regular exercise.
- Eat healthy, balanced diet.
- Have a proper sleep cycle.
- Fulfil your responsibilities.
- Correct the negative thoughts with proper logic.
- Consult a doctor.
- Try doing something new.
- Delve into fun-filled activities.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Seizures
- The main objective should be to protect the person from injuries caused from falling.
- Make sure the person is in a safe area. Remove any sharp or dangerous objects lying around.
- Provide a pillow to the person’s head.
- Untie the tighter clothes, especially those around the neck.
- Position the person on their sides. This is to prevent the vomit from entering the lungs.
- Follow the instructions on medical ID bracelet.
- Be sure someone stays with the person until the help arrives.
For proper management of shingles, one must follow:
- It is prudent to keep the rash clean and dry for stopping the infection from growing.
- Clean the skin occasionally.
- Use coconut oil over the rashes to nourish the skin and prevent itching.
- Disinfected articles are to be used in patient care.
- Application of calamine lotion is helpful in reducing the painful irritation.
- Wear loose-fitting apparels for avoiding contact with the rash, leading to irritation.
Dont's With Usage Of LAREGAB AT TABLET
- Do not smoke. Nicotine is a stimulant that stimulates your cardiovascular system and mimics a stress response. However, anticipated difficulty with quitting smoking may worsen anxiety. It is important to consult a doctor or counsellor to assist you, as well as to ensure that you have a good support structure around you, before attempting to stop.
- Avoid alcohol. It is a sedative but may cause a reflex/ compensatory stimulatory response by your body. Dehydration, impaired cognitive functioning, and memory impairment seen in alcohol use may also contribute to anxiety. Alcohol also lowers serotonin levels, which are important in maintaining mood and anxiety.
- Do not isolate yourself. Pursue meaningful inter-personal relationships and spend time with loved ones, as this has shown to lower anxiety
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Depression
- Don’t confine yourself to four walls of your house.
- Don’t stop talking to people.
- Don’t self-medicate.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Seizures
- Never try to hold down the person.
- Do not place anything between the teeth.
- Don’t move the person unless they are in risky positions or environment.
- Never try to stop the person from spasms as the person cannot control it.
- Starting CPR before the seizure stops completely.
- Do not try to insert anything through the mouth before the person becomes fully alert.
- Avoid contact with individuals affected by shingles or chickenpox.
- Don’t share used articles or non-disinfected articles.
- Do not apply rub-on antibiotic ointments and creams as they will slow down the healing process.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfLAREGAB AT TABLET
- Supplements such as omega-3, as well as magnesium and calcium may be beneficial.
- Aromatherapy, massage therapy, and reflexology may also assist with anxiety and stress reduction in general.
What Are The Tips For Depression
To fight against depression following can help:
- Relaxation techniques (Yoga, meditation).
- Stay connected with people.
- Stay in sunlight for some time every day.
- Get professional help.
What Are The Tips For Seizures
Leading a healthy lifestyle can reduce the risk of seizure.
One can get shingles from own chickenpox virus. Even after infection, the causative virus might remain in the nervous system for years. Thus, take care to not to expose to the triggering factors.