LIORESAL 25MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of LIORESAL 25MG TABLET
Baclofen, an anti-spastic agent, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
Side Effects Of LIORESAL 25MG TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Baclofen
The most common side effects of Baclofen are:
- Head ache
Some rare but severe side effects such as the following may also be observed:
- Chest pain
- Bloody (or) dark urine
- Mental depression/mood changes
- Skin rash/itching
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of LIORESAL 25MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Baclofen
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Baclofen or any other allergies.
- Renal disease
- If on drugs like narcotic medications
- History of strokes/blood clots
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is regarded as a potentially disabling disease, associated with the brain as well as the spinal cord that is part of the Central Nervous System. In Multiple Sclerosis, an individual’s immune system attacks his/her own protective sheath (myelin) through which the nerve fibers are covered, that result in a communication disturbance between the brain and the rest of the body. The particular disease causes nerve deterioration, and as a result, they can be permanently damaged. The particular disease develops weakness, numbness, tingling, and blurred vision. Many people face various problems with Multiple Sclerosis, such as muscle stiffness, urinary problems, and thinking problems. The appropriate treatment can relieve Multiple Sclerosis and its associated symptoms as well as delay this disease progression.
Almost everyone experiences pain in the muscle at some point in time. Muscle pain, also known as myalgia is very common and since we have muscle tissue throughout the body, you can experience a muscle pain practically anywhere. The term “myalgia” or muscle pain is derived from the ancient Greek words “myos” which stands for “muscle” and “algos” meaning pain. The most common areas where you can experience muscle pain are the neck, back, legs and trapezius.
Symptoms Treated With LIORESAL 25MG TABLET
Multiple Sclerosis is a disease that has a range of unpredictable symptoms. Some Multiple Sclerosis patients experience numbness and fatigue. Severe Multiple Sclerosis can cause vision loss, paralysis, and diminished brain function. Some of the common Multiple Sclerosis symptoms are described as follows:
Vision Problems: It is one of the most common signs of Multiple Sclerosis. The optic nerve can be affected by the inflammation and as a result, central vision can be disrupted. It causes double vision, blurred vision, or loss of vision. An individual may not notice the visual problem at once, as the clear vision can deteriorate at a slower rate.
Tingling and Numbness: The nerves, associated with the brain and spinal cord, are affected by Multiple Sclerosis. Brain and spinal cord work as body’s message center. So, for Multiple Sclerosis, they can send conflicting signals all over the body. Sometimes, they send no signal and it results in numbness. Numbness and tingling sensation are considered as the most common symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis. Generally, numbness can be associated with various parts of the body, such as arms, face, fingers, and legs.
Pain and Spasms: Multiple Sclerosis is also associated with chronic pain as well as involuntary muscle spasms. One individual can experience muscle stiffness along with painful and uncontrollable jerking movements associated with the extremities. The most commonly affected area is the legs, sometimes back pain can also happen.
Fatigue and Weakness: People can be affected by an unexplained weakness and fatigue in the initial stages of Multiple Sclerosis. When nerves are deteriorated in the spinal column, chronic fatigue occurs. Fatigue generally occurs suddenly and can last for several weeks before the improvement. At first, the legs are affected by the weakness.
Balance Problems and Dizziness: Dizziness and problems associated with balance and coordination can reduce an individual’s (with Multiple Sclerosis) mobility. People can also experience dizziness and lightheaded or vertigo (as their surroundings are spinning).
Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction: Multiple Sclerosis can also develop a dysfunction of the bladder. It can result in strong urges to urinate, frequent urination or inability of holding urine. Rarely, Multiple Sclerosis sufferers can experience diarrhea, constipation, or loss of bowel control.
Sexual Dysfunction: Sexual arousal can develop among the Multiple Sclerosis sufferers as the Central Nervous System is affected by Multiple Sclerosis.
Cognitive Problems: Most of the Multiple Sclerosis sufferers experience some kind of problems associated with their cognitive function. These can include:
- Shortened attention span, memory problems
- Difficulty in staying organized, language problems
- Depression along with other emotional problems can also occur among the Multiple Sclerosis sufferers.
- In a nutshell, Multiple Sclerosis can be associated with the following signs and symptoms:
- Weakness or numbness in one or more limbs.
- Partial or complete vision loss, pain during the eye movement.
- Pain or tingling in the body parts.
- Electric-shock sensations during the neck movements.
- Slurred speech
- Fatigue and dizziness.
- Lack of coordination and tremor.
- Problems with bladder and bowel functions.
- Hearing loss
- Breathing problems
- Trouble swallowing
- Uncontrollable shaking
What Are The Symptoms Of Muscle Pain
- Inflammation that causes swelling and pain.
- Tenderness when the muscle is touched or moved.
- Muscles hurt even while you rest.
- Pain may be very mild or so severe that you can’t use the muscle.
Causes of diseases where LIORESAL 25MG TABLET is used
The various causes of Multiple Sclerosis are as follows:
- Immunologic: Multiple Sclerosis is regarded as an immune-mediated disease. The malfunctions associated with the immune system are responsible for Multiple Sclerosis. The immune system attacks the Central Nervous System (CNS). As per the research, it is almost confirmed that the immune system directly attacks the myelin sheath, but it is not known what promotes the immune system to do this attack.
- Genetic: Several genes may be responsible for developing Multiple Sclerosis. If one individual’s close relative (such as parent or sibling) is associated with this disease, then the risk of developing Multiple Sclerosis is higher in that individual.
- Environmental: Environment can play a vital role in developing Multiple Sclerosis. It is seen that the people, who are living farthest from the equator, are associated with higher risk of Multiple Sclerosis than the other geographic area. Vitamin-D is essential for the immune system’s functions. People, who are living near the equator, get more sunlight and thus their bodies can produce more Vitamin-D. Since, Multiple Sclerosis is regarded as an immune-mediated disease, sunlight exposure, and Vitamin-D may be associated with it.
- Infections: According to researchers, viruses and bacteria may develop Multiple Sclerosis in an individual’s body. Viruses can cause inflammation and as a result, myelin breakdown (called demyelination) can happen. So, a virus can possibly trigger Multiple Sclerosis.
What Are The Causes Of Muscle Pain
Some causes of muscle pain include:
- Tension, stress, physical activity
- Overuse of muscle while doing some physical activity
- Injuring the muscle while exercising or some physical activity
- Infections such as flu, bacterial infections, and polio
- Medications and drugs such as ACE inhibitors, statins, and cocaine
- Fibromyalgia, autoimmune disorders such as polymyositis, dermatomyositis, lupus, etc.
- Hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
- Lyme disease, hormonal changes
- Hypokalemia (low potassium levels)
Best Foods With LIORESAL 25MG TABLET
Multiple Sclerosis suffers can take the following foods as per the Doctor’s recommendation:
Foods rich in Vitamin-D: People, who are deficient in Vitamin-D, are associated with the higher risk of developing Multiple Sclerosis. Vitamin-D can be obtained from a sufficient amount of sunlight exposure. The Vitamin-D rich foods are fatty fish like mackerel, tuna, and salmon, egg yolks, orange juice, cereals, soy milk etc. Vitamin-D can help to slow down or prevent the disease progression.
Lean Meats: Extremely low-fat diet can prevent the disease progression in some cases. So, the moderate amount of organic chicken, lean cuts of meats, or turkey can be consumed.
Whole Grains: Multiple Sclerosis patients can experience lesser fatigue symptoms by consuming whole grains like oats, quinoa, brown rice, etc. The refined flours, as well as processed cakes, should be avoided. Whole grains are rich in fiber and so they help in maintaining stable blood sugars, healthy bowel habits etc that are helpful for the Multiple Sclerosis patients.
Fresh Fruits: Constipation is a common problem of the Multiple Sclerosis sufferers. In order to combat this problem, the bright-colored fruits such as mango, tangerines, pineapple etc can be consumed. They help to increase in fiber in order to enhance motility as well as ease and prevent constipation. Whole foods such as fruit are helpful in order to stabilize blood sugar as well as reduce fatigue.
Vegetables: Green Leafy vegetables, such as spinach, broccoli, kale, cabbage, are rich in fiber. They are very helpful in constipation as well as maintain blood sugar. Vegetables help in maintaining a healthy weight as well as prevent other diseases (such as heart disease and diabetes.) So, Multiple Sclerosis patients can consume a low fat and high fiber diet such as green leafy vegetables.
Fatty Fish: Fish rich in Omega-3’s (such as salmon, tuna, sardines, mackerel, and trout) can prevent inflammation in Multiple Sclerosis sufferers.
Plant-based oils: Plant based oils such as olive, flaxseed, or hemp oil should be chosen rather than saturated fats like shortening or butter. Plant-based oils are rich in healthy unsaturated fats that are very helpful in lowering cholesterol as well as reducing inflammation.
Turmeric, Avocado, and Ginger: Multiple Sclerosis is associated with inflammation. So, foods that help to prevent inflammation can ease the Multiple Sclerosis associated symptoms as well as may prevent its progression. The examples of such foods are turmeric and avocado that can fight inflammation. Ginger extract is associated with strong anti-neuroinflammatory properties.
What Are The Best Foods For Muscle Pain
- Including magnesium in your diet can help to relax the muscles. Include foods such as green leafy vegetables, wild meats, seeds, and nuts, which are rich in magnesium.
- Potassium can help in the relaxation of muscles, so including foods such as melons, avocados, tomatoes and coconut water in your diet can help in the case of muscle pain.
- Foods such as spinach, kale, collard greens, yogurt, and kefir are rich in calcium which helps to promote muscle relaxation.
- Coconut water and watermelon juice can help to replenish the electrolytes in the body and reduce muscle pain.
Worst Foods With LIORESAL 25MG TABLET
Multiple Sclerosis suffers should not take the following foods as per the Doctor’s recommendation:
- Saturated Fats: Multiple Sclerosis sufferers should avoid the foods that are high in saturated fats as well as trans fats. These foods are tropical oils, such as palm kernel, coconut, and palm oil as well as cakes, cookies, pies (especially with frosting), crackers, margarine, doughnuts, microwave popcorn etc.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is regarded as a depressant of the Central Nervous System. Alcohol intake can worsen the neurologic symptoms (lack of coordination and imbalance) among the Multiple Sclerosis patients. Alcohol can develop an additive effect when they are combined with some of the Multiple Sclerosis prescribed medications.
- Sugar: Multiple Sclerosis patients should avoid foods that are rich in simple sugars (such as junk foods) as they can develop fatigue in the Multiple Sclerosis patients. These patients can also experience the loss of mobility due to weight gain.
- Refined Grains: Multiple Sclerosis patients should avoid refined grains such as white rice, white bread, potatoes and other foods associated with refined grains. These foods can enhance the blood sugar level, diabetes, and risk of obesity.
- Salt: High salt intake is related to exacerbation associated with Multiple Sclerosis symptoms. So, the amount of salt should be limited while seasoning the foods. In order to maintain the taste, some alternative spices, such as black pepper can be used in seasoning. All types of canned products that are rich in sodium should be avoided.
- Caffeine: Multiple Sclerosis patients are frequently associated with urinary bladder issues. In order to manage the bladder related issues, as well as prevent irritation, caffeine should be avoided. Such types of foods are protein bars, decaf coffee, non-cola sodas, candy bars, hot chocolate, and fancy water.
- Full Fat Dairy: Foods rich in saturated and animal fat should be avoided. Instead of that low-fat dairy products should be chosen in order to maintain a low-fat diet.Such kinds of foods are full-fat milk, cheese, ice cream, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Muscle Pain
- Avoid soda and sugary beverages as they boost mineral loss and makes muscle pains worse.
- Sugar and sugary foods eliminate important minerals and calcium from the body causing the muscle pain to worsen. So, avoid refined sugar and sugary foods such as candy, cakes, pastries, colas, fruit juice, etc.
- Avoid alcohol as it causes dehydration and worsens muscle pain.
- Avoid packaged foods such as noodles, ready to eat foods, etc. as they are deficient in vitamins and minerals that are necessary for muscle hydration and proper functioning of the muscles.
- Avoid consuming caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, energy drinks, etc. as they lead to dehydration and worsen muscle pain.
Do's With Usage of LIORESAL 25MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Multiple sclerosis
- Don’t take a pain-killer every time you have pain. Try light exercises, yoga etc. first.
- About half of the patients of MS get depression too. Please consult a psychiatrist on regular basis.
- For better control of bladder and deal with the problem of urinary incontinence, do Kegel exercises.
- Try speech therapy to handle speech problems that might occur with muscle stiffness.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Muscle Pain
- Rest the muscle where you are experiencing pain.
- Apply ice or a bag of frozen peas to the affected area. This can help to reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Stretch the muscles gently.
- Always stretch before and after workouts.
- Relieve the tension by doing yoga or meditation.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids and stay hydrated when you are active.
- Exercise regularly to improve the muscle tone.
Dont's With Usage Of LIORESAL 25MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Multiple sclerosis
- Extreme weathers like heat or cold can aggravate MS, hence avoid extreme temperatures.
- Don’t try to speak fast if you have a speech problem.
- If you find chewing hard, try eating hard products.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Muscle Pain
- Avoid any high-impact activities till the muscle pain reduces.
- Avoid lifting any weights till the pain goes away.
- Avoid sitting idle for long periods as it can lead to muscle stiffness.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfLIORESAL 25MG TABLET
Yoga can be very helpful in Multiple Sclerosis.
- Remaining in one position for a long time or sitting at your desk working for prolonged periods can make your muscles get stiff and tense. And, when the muscles get tensed, they can get quite painful. So, it is a good idea to stand up, stretch and move around once in a while to reduce muscle stiffness and pain.
- Filling your bathtub with hot water and mixing a cup of Epsom salt and soaking in this for at least 20 minutes can provide relief from muscle pain.
- Essential oils are an excellent natural remedy for relief from muscle pain. You can mix peppermint oil, coconut oil, and cypress oil and massage them on your sore muscles for relief.
- A hot water soak provides quick relaxation and relief from pain as it helps to increase the blood flow and hasten the process of healing. However, you must not do this within as soon as the pain first begins.
- A good massage can help to improve the blood circulation in the affected areas and can help to quicken the healing process. Massaging the affected muscles with essential oils such as peppermint mixed with marjoram, and lemongrass can help to relieve the pain and muscle spasm.
- Turmeric has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Mixing a teaspoon of turmeric powder in warm milk and drinking this twice in a day can help to promote internal healing and also provide relief from muscle pain.
- Grate some fresh turmeric and mix it with some salt and lemon juice. Apply this to the affected muscles for around 30 minutes twice a day. This can help in providing relief from muscle pain.
- Eating a cupful of tart cherries can help to prevent any inflammation and muscle pain, especially post a workout. You can also drink a cupful of tart cherry juice without any added sugar for relief from pain.
- Ginger is an anti-inflammatory agent and helps to improve blood flow and circulation and helps to relieve muscle pain. Drinking 2-3 cups of ginger tea daily for relief from muscle pain. Alternatively, put 3-4 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger into a cloth bag and seal it tightly and put this into hot water for 1-2 minutes. When it cools slightly, place this on the sore muscles many times during the day for relief from pain.
- Apple cider vinegar can help to reduce muscle inflammation and pain, as it has anti-inflammatory properties. You can add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with some honey to a glass of warm water and drink it once in a day for a week for relief from muscle pain. Or, you can add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to warm bath water and soak for around 15 minutes for relief from pain in the muscle.
- Blackstrap molasses is rich in magnesium and is used as a natural remedy for muscle aches and pains. Consume a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in your mug of coffee every morning for relief from painful muscles.
- Coconut oil is a great remedy for muscle pains. Use around 2-3 tablespoons in cooking for benefits.