LIV APT TABLET 15`S has the following salts in its composition
1) Metadoxine 2) Silymarin 3) L-Ornithine L-Aspartate 4) Taurine CHOLINE 5) Inositol
Uses Of LIV APT TABLET 15`S
It is used for treating acute and chronic alcohol intoxication. It is used to accelerate the process of clearing alcohol from the blood.
It improves the symptoms of alcohol intoxication like aggressiveness, mental tension, anxiety and equilibrium disorders. It reduces alcohol craving also.
As per Clinical studies results, Metadoxine has been observed to also reduce fat accumulation in alcohol-related Fatty liver issue and the parameters of liver cell necrosis.
When administered intravenously, it treats the above-mentioned symptoms through immediate release formulation.
Silymarin is used for the treatment of following:
L-Ornithine L-Aspartate is an amino acid, used for:
Inositol is a vitamin like substance, found in many animals and plants. It can also be made in labs.
It is used in the treatment of following diseases:
Side Effects Of LIV APT TABLET 15`S
Side Effects Of Salt: Metadoxine
While using the drug, possible side effects are:
- Nausea, Hair loss, Rash, Itching and Diarrhoea
Side Effects Of Salt: Silymarin
Please consult your doctor if the following happens:
- Abdominal Bloating
- Flatulence (accumulation of gas in alimentary canal)
- Upset Stomach
L-Ornithine L-Aspartate is usually safe.
Side Effects Of Salt: Inositol
Generally no side effects are reported if taken in appropriate amount as directed by physician.
Consult your doctor if any of the following side effects gets worsen:
- Allergic reactions such as rash, itching
Contraindications Of LIV APT TABLET 15`S
Contraindications Of Salt: Metadoxine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Using antacids, usually called heartburn medicines should be avoided.
Contraindications Of Salt: Silymarin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Contraindications Of Salt: Inositol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
Alcohol withdrawal is generally known as Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (AWS). It is characterized by some typical symptoms when a heavy and regular drinker suddenly reduces or stops the alcohol consumption.
Acidity is a set of symptoms caused due to excess production of acid by gastric glands of the stomach. The stomach usually secretes hydrochloric acid that is required for breakdown and digestion of food eaten by us. Excess production of hydrochloric acid causes acidity.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Dyslipidaemia or high cholesterol indicate the imbalance of fats (or lipids) in one’s blood system.
High cholesterol or dyslipidaemia, means that there is an imbalance of fats (or lipids), circulating in one’s blood stream. The body uses cholesterol (the fatty substance) to metabolize food and also make hormones.
The following three different measurements are used to determine one’s overall lipid health:
1. Low-Density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol, LDL): The higher LDL, the more is the risk of cardiovascular disease. LDL obstructs the proper blood flow into the heart and other organs by building up plaque in arteries.
2. High-Density Lipoprotein (Good cholesterol, HDL): HDL brings back the cholesterol to the liver from other parts of the body, thus removing the harmful cholesterols from your body. The higher the HDL, the better it is for the heart.
3. Triglycerides – Also referred to as fat in the blood. This type of fat is usually found in eatable animal fats and vegetable oils. High levels of Triglycerides signify the increased risk of cardiovascular disease as it also contributes to building up of a plaque in one’s arteries
When the healthy liver cells are exposed to the continuous damage over an extended duration of time, it causes healthy tissues to get replaced by unhealthy, scarred tissues. This condition is commonly known as liver cirrhosis.
The liver becomes hard, and lumpy due to the scar tissues. After this condition, the liver starts failing. Because of the scar tissues, it gets difficult for the blood to pass through the large vein, which connects to the liver. This causes blood to back up in the large vein or the portal vein, which may lead to the blood to get in the spleen. Hence, damaging the function of the spleen as well.
Liver transplant is the only solution in the condition of liver cirrhosis. But, it can be controlled by controlling the factors causing liver cirrhosis.
Symptoms Treated With LIV APT TABLET 15`S
After six hours of alcohol withdrawal, the symptoms may start to appear. The drinker can be associated with at least two signs of the following:
- Tremors, Anxiety
- Nausea, Vomiting
- A headache, Increased Heart Rate, High Blood Pressure
- Irritability, confusion, insomnia
The acute Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome is termed as Delirium Tremens (DT). Some of its symptoms are as follows:
- Extreme confusion, extreme agitation
- Fever, Seizures
- Tactile hallucinations, where a person can experience a sense of burning, itching, or numbness that isn’t actually happening.
- Auditory hallucinations, where a person can hear peculiar sounds that don’t exist in reality.
- Visual hallucinations or viewing images that don’t exist.
What Are The Symptoms Of Acidity
Common symptoms of acidity are:
- Ulcers in stomach
- Gastric inflammation
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
Usually, high cholesterol doesn’t have much of symptoms initially, except chest pain. However, it can lead to sudden heart attack or stroke, if it goes unnoticed.
Symptoms are not visible in liver cirrhosis unless the extensive liver damage. But, when symptoms occur, they can be as follows:
- Feeling of exhaustion or fatigue can be experienced.
- A person suffering from liver cirrhosis may frequently bleed from the nose.
- One may easily get bruised.
- Itchiness is felt in the skin.
- Eyes and skin become yellow in colour (jaundice).
- Fluid is accumulated in one’s abdomen. This condition is known as ascites.
- Loss of appetite: One does not feel like eating when suffering the liver cirrhosis.
- One’s body becomes weak.
- Feeling of nausea and vomiting may be witnessed.
- One’s legs may get swelled.
- Weight loss: One may lose a considerable amount of weight when suffering from liver cirrhosis.
- One can go through certain conditions like slurred speech, drowsiness, and confusion, which also known as hepatic encephalopathy.
- Formation of blood vessels underneath one’s skin, which looks like as a spider.
- One’s palms become red.
- Testicular atrophy may occur in men
- Men may experience breast enlargement.
Causes of diseases where LIV APT TABLET 15`S is used
Excessive drinking can irritate and excite the nervous system. If a person drinks on a regular basis, then his/her body starts depending on the alcohol day by day. Gradually, the central nervous system becomes alcohol dependent and then it can’t adapt itself to the lack of alcohol environment easily. If a person suddenly reduces or stops drinking the amount of alcohol he/she used to consume regularly, then the Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome can happen.
What Are The Causes Of Acidity
Acidity can be caused by any of the following reasons:
- Eating spicy foods, junk foods, irregular eating
- Sedentary life style
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
- Eating fatty foods
- No physical exercise
- Age (after 20, it starts to rise).
- Family history
Certain common factors that may cause liver cirrhosis can be as followed:
- Alcohol abuse for a long term
- Infections caused due to Hepatitis B and C
- Diseases caused due to fatty liver.
- Toxic metals.
- Diseases caused due to genetics.
Out of the above-mentioned causes hepatitis B and considered the major cause of liver cirrhosis. These causes are mentioned below in detail.
- Too much of alcohol intake: Liver breaks down toxins in addition to alcohol. And, when the quantity is too large, the liver has to over work resulting in the gradual damage of the liver cells.Long-term, heavy, and regular drinkers are at a higher risk of developing liver cirrhosis if compared to non-alcohol consumers. One who is drinking regularly for over past 10 years is more likely to develop liver cirrhosis.
- Generally, there are three stages of liver diseases. These liver disease stages are caused by alcohol consumption. These are as follows:
- Fatty liver: In this stage fat is developed on the liver.
- Alcoholic hepatitis: About 35% of the regular alcohol consumers establish alcoholic hepatitis. In this condition, liver cells tend to swell.
- Liver cirrhosis: Around 10% of regular and heavy drinkers gradually develop liver cirrhosis.
- Hepatitis: Hepatitis c is a blood borne disease in which liver can get damaged slowly leading to liver cirrhosis. Hepatitis C is the major factor of liver cirrhosis in North America, Western Europe, and various other areas of the world. Liver Cirrhosis may be caused by hepatitis D and B as well.
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis starts with the deposition of a high amount of fat in the liver, in the early stage. This deposited fat may cause scarring and inflammation of tissues, which results in liver cirrhosis eventually. People with high blood pressure, high blood-lipid, high blood sugar level, obesity are more prone to NASH
- Autoimmune hepatitis: An immune system of a person may attack the organs like liver that are in healthy conditions.This may lead to eventual development of liver cirrhosis.
- Certain genetic conditions.
- Hemochromatosis – Iron may get accumulated in the liver and other body parts.
- Wilson's disease - copper may get accumulated in the liver and other body parts.
- Blockage in the bile-ducts: Certain diseases and conditions like cancer of the pancreas, cancer of bile duct may block the bile-duct, which increases the risk of liver cirrhosis.
- Budd-Chiari syndrome: The blood vessels, which carry the blood from liver also known as hepatic veins develop a blood clot or thrombosis. This may lead to the enlargement of the liver and develops the collateral vessels.
A few other conditions and diseases, which may cause liver cirrhosis are as follows:
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis: In this disease, bile duct tends to harden and scarred.
- Galactosemia: It is an inability of a body to process the sugar present in the milk.
- Schistosomiasis: A parasite prevalently found in certain developing countries.
- Biliary atresia - Badly developed bile ducts in the babies.
- Glycogen storage disease: issues in vital energy release and storage for proper cell functioning.
Worst Foods With LIV APT TABLET 15`S
- Sugar: Sugar is responsible for enhancing the depression.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners can elevate the risk of depression and bad for the mental well-being.
- Alcohol: Alcohol works as a depressant that means the central nervous system’s working order can get depressed for alcohol.
- Hydrogenated oil: Hydrogenated oil is linked with depression. Foods with this oil are margarine, packaged snacks, baked foods, etc.
- Fast Food: It can affect one’s mental well-being. Such foods are burgers, pizzas, etc.
- Trans Fats: Trans fats can increase the risk of depression. Such foods are pies, cookies, doughnuts, cakes, chips, etc.
- High-Sodium Foods: They are directly connected to depression.
- Coffee: Coffee can increase the existing anxiety.
What Are The Worst Foods For Acidity
- Spicy foods
- French fries and other fried foods
- Fatty red meat
- Citrus fruit
- Fatty red meat
- Butter, oil,
- Chocolate, caffeine
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
Here are the things you should avoid:
- Saturated fats: Red meat, whole-fat dairy products, eggs, vegetable oils, such as palm oil, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. Saturated fat can increase your levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol and at the same time lowers triglycerides and nudges up levels of "good" HDL cholesterol. Hence, saturated fats should be taken in moderate quantities.
- Trans fats: Pies, cakes, cookies, donuts, French fries, chips, Margarine, samosa, muffins, pan cakes, fried chicken and other fried items.
Foods that must be certainly avoided to prevent liver cirrhosis are as follows:
- High sodium food: Salt is high in sodium so, should be avoided. Salt has water retaining property that may cause issues for the liver cirrhosis patients. One must not consume more than 2000 mg salt per day. One can cut on sodium by avoiding high salt containing foods, self-cooking, carefully reading labels on food items, cutting on fast-foods, and decreasing the red meat consumption. Few foods that are high in sodium content are pizza, pickles, and preserved foods.
- Alcoholic beverages: Alcohol may be one of the main causes of liver cirrhosis, hence consuming alcohol regularly, and heavily should be avoided. Some of the alcoholic beverages may be whiskey, beer, rum, and other cocktails.
- Fat containing foods: High-fat foods may worsen the symptoms of liver cirrhosis by contributing to the diseases linked with fatty liver. Fatty liver is one of the common causes of liver cirrhosis. Some of the fatty foods to avoid are high-fat dairy products (ice-cream, sour cream, cheese, butter, and full-fat milk.), tropical oil (cocoa butter, palm oil, and coconut oil), poultry skin, and dark chicken meat, and lard.
Do's With Usage of LIV APT TABLET 15`S
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Alcohol withdrawal
- Sometimes, the heavy drinkers can suffer from malnutrition. So, regular consumption of healthy diet is important.
- Regular sufficient sleep is important in order to overcome the side effects of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome.
- If any of the symptoms stated above start to arise, take him/her for a medical check-up as soon as possible.
- Your mental support and motivation will help him/her to overcome this situation.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acidity
- Eat small and frequent meals.
- Shed excess weight.
- Identify your trigger foods and avoid them.
- Avoid stress as this is one the major causes of acidity.
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage High Cholesterol
- Exercise regularly (3o minutes daily for 5 days a week) and keep your weight under control.
- Though fat people are more at risk of getting high cholesterol, it can also happen to thin people. Hence, get the regular check up done after the age of 40 years.
- Eat low salt, low-fat diet.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Liver cirrhosis
Prevention tips for liver cirrhosis to be followed are as follows:
- One must educate himself/herself about liver cancer and liver cirrhosis as both of these are fatal interlinked diseases. These diseases have a high rate of mortality, especially when diagnosed at the last stage.
- Consider taking three shots of hepatitis B vaccine. Hepatitis B vaccine provides above 90% shield against hepatitis B virus. This virus is the cause for 30% of all the liver cirrhosis cases and 53% of the primary liver cancer cases. Hepatitis B and c are avoidable diseases.
- One should keep his/her triglycerides, cholesterol, blood sugar level, and weight in control. As these factors may promote non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases that can turn into liver cirrhosis in 10-15% of the cases. One can get examination like ultrasound to get fatty liver diagnosed.
Dont's With Usage Of LIV APT TABLET 15`S
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Alcohol withdrawal
- Don’t be afraid or anxious too much.
- Do not stop alcohol suddenly, if you have been a heavy drinker. Reduce the intake slowly. The more preferred thing is to get rid of alcoholism under doctor’s supervision.
- Don’t leave them alone for a longer time.
- Don’t neglect the symptoms.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acidity
Don’t take late night snacks.
Don’t ignore the symptoms.
Don't smoke or consume alcohol.
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage High Cholesterol
- Alcohol, smoking is a complete no-no for patients with high cholesterol.
- Do not have a sedentary life style.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Liver cirrhosis
Things that should be avoided when suffering from liver cirrhosis are as follows:
- Do not use used needles to inject drugs as needles could be contaminated. Used needles may cause diseases like hepatitis B and C, and HIV. Such diseases can be the factors that may induce liver cirrhosis.
- Do not over consume any ‘not recommended’ drugs. Even the intake of paracetamol in excessive quantity may lead to death, or acute liver failure or liver cirrhosis.
- Do not be ignorant to a long term jaundice in a newly born, as it may cause severe damage or scarring to the liver tissues.
- Do not smoke: one suffering from chronic liver cirrhosis must not smoke as it may provoke the symptoms and damage to the liver.
- Don’t consume iron supplements unless suggested by the doctor.Excessive iron may cause severe harm to the liver tissues, leading to liver cirrhosis.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfLIV APT TABLET 15`S
The Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome should not be taken too lightly. Proper medication and a balanced diet are important to overcome this situation.
- A healthy weight should be maintained: Increase in weight may be a factor of fatty liver that may cause extreme cases of liver cirrhosis.
- Avoid infections: Liver Cirrhosis destroys the immune system of one’s body and makes it hard to deal with infections. Hence, one must take proper hygiene care to avoid infections.