LIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML has the following salts in its composition
1) Metadoxine 2) Folic Acid
Uses Of LIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML
It is used for treating acute and chronic alcohol intoxication. It is used to accelerate the process of clearing alcohol from the blood.
It improves the symptoms of alcohol intoxication like aggressiveness, mental tension, anxiety and equilibrium disorders. It reduces alcohol craving also.
As per Clinical studies results, Metadoxine has been observed to also reduce fat accumulation in alcohol-related Fatty liver issue and the parameters of liver cell necrosis.
When administered intravenously, it treats the above-mentioned symptoms through immediate release formulation.
Folic acid is used for preventing & treating folate deficiency, and its complications, like Anaemia, inability of the bowel to absorb nutrients properly. Folic acid is also used for folate deficiency conditions including liver disease, Ulcerative colitis, alcoholism, and kidney dialysis.
Pregnant women are advised to take folic acid to prevent miscarriage and neural tube defects.
Side Effects Of LIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML
Side Effects Of Salt: Metadoxine
While using the drug, possible side effects are:
- Nausea, Hair loss, Rash, Itching and Diarrhoea
Side Effects Of Salt: Folic Acid
Some of the side effects (though rare) of Folic Acid are:
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Sleeping disturbances
- Allergic rejection
Please consult your doctor if you get any of the above side effects, especially if they do not go away within 3-4 days of starting the use.
Contraindications Of LIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML
Contraindications Of Salt: Metadoxine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Using antacids, usually called heartburn medicines should be avoided.
Contraindications Of Salt: Folic Acid
- Antibiotics. Iron decreases the effectiveness of certain types of antibiotics. Hence, there should be a gap of 1-2 hours between iron and antibiotics dose.
- Bisphosphonates, Levodopa, Levothyroxine, Methyldopa and Mycophenolate Mofetil, Iron might decreases the absorption of these medicines. Hence, if you are taking any medicines containing any of these salts, you should keep a gap of 1-2 hours between any iron supplement and these medicines.
Alcohol withdrawal is generally known as Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (AWS). It is characterized by some typical symptoms when a heavy and regular drinker suddenly reduces or stops the alcohol consumption.
- In Anaemia, lesser oxygen is carried around the body by red blood cells. Anemia can be of different types.
Symptoms Treated With LIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML
After six hours of alcohol withdrawal, the symptoms may start to appear. The drinker can be associated with at least two signs of the following:
- Tremors, Anxiety
- Nausea, Vomiting
- A headache, Increased Heart Rate, High Blood Pressure
- Irritability, confusion, insomnia
The acute Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome is termed as Delirium Tremens (DT). Some of its symptoms are as follows:
- Extreme confusion, extreme agitation
- Fever, Seizures
- Tactile hallucinations, where a person can experience a sense of burning, itching, or numbness that isn’t actually happening.
- Auditory hallucinations, where a person can hear peculiar sounds that don’t exist in reality.
- Visual hallucinations or viewing images that don’t exist.
What Are The Symptoms Of Anaemia
- Common symptoms of anemia are tiredness, dizziness, and breathlessness.
Causes of diseases where LIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML is used
Excessive drinking can irritate and excite the nervous system. If a person drinks on a regular basis, then his/her body starts depending on the alcohol day by day. Gradually, the central nervous system becomes alcohol dependent and then it can’t adapt itself to the lack of alcohol environment easily. If a person suddenly reduces or stops drinking the amount of alcohol he/she used to consume regularly, then the Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome can happen.
What Are The Causes Of Anaemia
- Deficiency of nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin B 12, sickle cell anemia (a genetic blood disorder) or kidney disease can be amongst few causes of anemia.
- The type of food you eat also affects the absorption of iron and folic acid.
Best Foods With LIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML
Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables contain a high amount of fiber that is helpful for the patients withdrawing from alcohol.
Whole Grains: Carbohydrates provide energy and fiber, which is vital for the recovery from the Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome.
Foods containing Vitamin-B: Long time consumption of alcohol can decrease the Vitamin-B level. So, it is important to take Vitamin-B rich foods such as Broccoli, Asparagus, Salmon, and Romaine Lettuce.
Proteins low in fat: Proteins low in fat can be ideal foods for their positive effect on energy and mood.
Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper added foods can increase appetite and decrease alcohol cravings.
What Are The Best Foods For Anaemia
- Maintain the healthy diet, especially foods containing iron, Vitamin B12 (Eggs, Cheese, Milk, Meats like beef, lamb, pork, Fish, Fortified breakfast cereals).
- Eat lots of leafy vegetables like spinach.
- Fruits like Pomegranates.
- Beetroot and sesame seeds are considered the wonder food for treating anemia.
Worst Foods With LIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML
- Sugar: Sugar is responsible for enhancing the depression.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners can elevate the risk of depression and bad for the mental well-being.
- Alcohol: Alcohol works as a depressant that means the central nervous system’s working order can get depressed for alcohol.
- Hydrogenated oil: Hydrogenated oil is linked with depression. Foods with this oil are margarine, packaged snacks, baked foods, etc.
- Fast Food: It can affect one’s mental well-being. Such foods are burgers, pizzas, etc.
- Trans Fats: Trans fats can increase the risk of depression. Such foods are pies, cookies, doughnuts, cakes, chips, etc.
- High-Sodium Foods: They are directly connected to depression.
- Coffee: Coffee can increase the existing anxiety.
What Are The Worst Foods For Anaemia
- Junk food.
- Coffee, tea, red wine as these inhibit the absorption of iron.
- White bread.
Do's With Usage of LIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Alcohol withdrawal
- Sometimes, the heavy drinkers can suffer from malnutrition. So, regular consumption of healthy diet is important.
- Regular sufficient sleep is important in order to overcome the side effects of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome.
- If any of the symptoms stated above start to arise, take him/her for a medical check-up as soon as possible.
- Your mental support and motivation will help him/her to overcome this situation.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anaemia
- Use iron utensils for cooking as food cooked in iron vessel automatically gathers iron from the vessel and makes food iron rich.
- To improve absorption of iron in your body, take it with foods rich in vitamin C (like oranges, lemon)
- Find out the exact reason of anemia as your food choice will depend upon the real cause of anemia. E.g., patients with anemia caused by celiac disease should avoid eating gluten rich foods (like wheat, oats. Etc.), which others should continue with gluten.
Dont's With Usage Of LIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Alcohol withdrawal
- Don’t be afraid or anxious too much.
- Do not stop alcohol suddenly, if you have been a heavy drinker. Reduce the intake slowly. The more preferred thing is to get rid of alcoholism under doctor’s supervision.
- Don’t leave them alone for a longer time.
- Don’t neglect the symptoms.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anaemia
- Avoid taking iron with calcium rich foods, coffee, tea as these hinder the absorption of iron in the body. Take these items at different times.
- Do yoga regularly as it increases the RBC count and also purifies the blood.
- Exercise regularly, as it causes hunger, which in turn improves your food intake.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfLIVOMYN SYRUP 100ML
The Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome should not be taken too lightly. Proper medication and a balanced diet are important to overcome this situation.