LODOZ 2.5MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Bisoprolol 2) Hydrochlorothiazide
Uses Of LODOZ 2.5MG TABLET
Bisoprolol, a beta blocker, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- High blood pressure
- Heart diseases
- Heart failure
- Chest Pain due to an insufficiency of blood flow.
Hydrochlorothiazide is used for treating:
- First line of treatment of high blood pressure
- Swelling caused by Fluid build-up due to conditions like Heart failure, kidney disease, liver disease.
Other uses include:
- Renal tubular acidosis
- Diabetes insipidus
- Decreasing the risk of Kidney Stones in people with high calcium levels in urine.
Side Effects Of LODOZ 2.5MG TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Bisoprolol
An overdose of Bisoprolol can cause:
- Swelling of legs
- Body pains
- Chest pain, chills/fever
Sometimes severe (though rare) side effects such as the following may also be observed:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Any of the following side-effects may occur, as your body adjusts to the Hydrochlorothiazide:
- Upset stomach
Contraindications Of LODOZ 2.5MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Bisoprolol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Bisprololor any other allergies.
- Bradycardia (or) auricular-ventricular block
- Sick sinus symptoms
- Acute pulmonary oedema
- Systolic ventricular dysfunction
- Pregnancy, breast feeding
Before using Hydrochlorothiazide, tell your doctor if you have medical history of:
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
Symptoms Treated With LODOZ 2.5MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
Causes of diseases where LODOZ 2.5MG TABLET is used
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
Worst Foods With LODOZ 2.5MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
Do's With Usage of LODOZ 2.5MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
Dont's With Usage Of LODOZ 2.5MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.