LOTENSYL 10MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of LOTENSYL 10MG TABLET
Lercanidipine is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
Side Effects Of LOTENSYL 10MG TABLET
Lercanidipine is usually safe and most people using it do not experience any side effects. Very few people may experience:
- Dizziness, drowsiness
- Rash, tiredness
- Oedema ( swelling of hands/legs/ankles)
- Diarrhoea, indigestion
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of LOTENSYL 10MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: LERCANIDIPINE
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Heart failure, unstable angina pectoris
- Liver disease, kidney disease
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
Symptoms Treated With LOTENSYL 10MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
Causes of diseases where LOTENSYL 10MG TABLET is used
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
Worst Foods With LOTENSYL 10MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
Do's With Usage of LOTENSYL 10MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
Dont's With Usage Of LOTENSYL 10MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.