LUMINAL 15 MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of LUMINAL 15 MG TABLET
Phenobarbitone is used for the treatment of:
- Insomnia, migraine, anxiety
- Seizures, epilepsy
Side Effects Of LUMINAL 15 MG TABLET
Some of the common side-effects of Phenobarbitone are:
- Dependency on the drug (addiction)
Contraindications Of LUMINAL 15 MG TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Porphyria (Disorders resulting from the build-up of certain chemicals related to red blood cell proteins)
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Any kidney or liver disease
- Diabetes, any thyroid disorder
- A history of substance or alcohol abuse
Epilepsy is a chronic nervous system disorder in which activity of the nerve cell in the brain becomes unprovoked and disrupted causing seizures and unconsciousness. The seizures may be mild or severe, but it can affect the whole brain and that can lead to spasms and hardly controllable muscle twitches. It’s quite a common disease hence; it can be treated with proper medications.
Insomnia is a common disorder of sleep in which a person fails to fall asleep and also, to stay asleep even after trying. Due to lack of sleep a person might feel exhausted and irritated all the time. Insomnia can be classified into two types:
- Primary insomnia: A sleep disorder that has nothing to do with other health conditions.
- Secondary insomnia: A sleep disorder that occurs due to some other health problems like depression, cancer, asthma, heartburn and arthritis.
Symptoms Treated With LUMINAL 15 MG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Epilepsy
| There are a number of symptoms of this disease as it affects nervous system which controls the whole body. Sometimes symptoms can be mild but sometimes it can be severe. The most common are: - |
- Temporary paralysis post seizure
- Jerking and uncontrollable movements of the legs and arms
- Change in behaviour.
- Staring blankly.
- Performing repetitive movements.
- Confusion for a short time.
- Loss of consciousness and vision.
What Are The Symptoms Of Insomnia
There are various symptoms of insomnia, such as:
- Disturbed sleep.
- Not able to fall asleep even in the most comfortable environment.
- Exhaustion even after getting a sleep.
- Losing focus and staying absent minded.
- Waking up in mid-sleep.
- Short sleep span.
- Feeling anxious about one's sleep.
- Making errors while performing daily tasks.
- Persistent feeling of irritation and depression.
Causes of diseases where LUMINAL 15 MG TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Epilepsy
| The disease epilepsy has no identifiable or exact cause, some of the common factors were found in the patients and it concludes some of the possible causes. Here are the ones: - |
- Brain tumours and strokes can cause epilepsy.
- Head injury in a car accident or other incident.
- Genetic is considered as one of the causes.
- Lack of oxygen to the brain.
- Serious illness or very high fever.
- Prenatal Injuries is a possible cause as the brain of a baby is too sensitive that a minor jerk can cause this sometimes.
What Are The Causes Of Insomnia
The most common causes of insomnia are:
- Psychiatric conditions: Depression, anxiety, stress.
- Lifestyle issues, working till late, sedentary lifestyle, taking naps in afternoon.
- Food Habits: Drinking too much of coffee, alcohol, nicotine, heavy food.
- Certain chemical interactions in mind.
- Certain medical conditions like pains, asthma, arthritis, Parkinson's disease.
- Watching television or using a cell phone before sleeping.
Best Foods With LUMINAL 15 MG TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Epilepsy
| Diet plays an important role in curing or prevention from diseases thus, it should be taken care of. Here are some best tips for the efficient diet. |
- Seeds and walnuts: Walnuts are the good source of good fat which can help whereas seeds like pumpkin seed can provide an efficient quantity of manganese in the body that makes it a perfect food for the management of the disease named epilepsy.
- Food with Vitamin E and B-6: The people suffering from this disease have generally a deficiency of the vitamins. Vitamin-E increases antioxidants abilities whereas the Vitamin B-6 is known as a treatment for pyridoxine-dependent seizures (a type of epilepsy).
- Meat and Seafood: They are rich sources of protein and other nutrients that support or strengthen the immune system. This type of diet treatment is known as a ketogenic diet. A ketogenic diet can help reduce or eliminate seizures completely.
- Coconut butter and oil: It is also a part of the ketogenic diet. It is high in MCT fats which are considered a good cure for this disease. This butter is not only rich in fat but also rich in fibre and potassium. Go for this other than saturated fat from dairy products.
- Fruits and vegetables: They provide a rich amount of antioxidants and that defends the body from diseases. Eat colourful berries as much as possible. This includes berries, cherries, spinach, tomatoes, kale, and broccoli. Adding these in the diet can really be helpful.
What Are The Best Foods For Insomnia
Tryptophan, calcium, magnesium and vitamin B6 are four key vitamins and mineral that help in inducing good sleep. Some of the foods best for fighting insomnia are:
- Poultry items like turkey, chicken
- Dairy products like milk, yoghurt, cheese
- Seafood like salmon, shrimp, halibut, sardines, tuna, cod)
- Legumes like kidney beans, black beans, lima beans, split peas, chickpeas
- Nuts and seeds like flax, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, almonds
- Vegetables like spinach, turnip greens, broccoli, asparagus, seaweed, onions
- Fruits like apple, banana, peach, avocado
- Grains like wheat, corn, rice, barley, oats
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Soya beans
- Folate-rich foods: Insomnia is caused by folate deficiency and kiwi has rich folate content. Therefore, kiwi is good for Insomnia.
- Calcium-, Magnesium- and Potassium-rich foods: Almonds and bananas consist of magnesium and potassium which help in muscle relaxation resulting in sound sleep. Almond also has calcium that helps the brain to form sleep-inducing melatonin by altering the amino acid tryptophan.
- Tryptophan-rich foods: Walnut is a rich source of tryptophan, which helps in creating sleep-inducing hormones melatonin and serotonin.
- Lettuce: Lettuce helps in sleeping as it consists of lactucarium that functions as a sedative.
- Tuna: Tuna is rich in vitamin B6 that helps in creating melatonin and serotonin.
Worst Foods With LUMINAL 15 MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Epilepsy
| Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Thus, avoid them completely. Some of them are: - |
- Sugar: It imbalances the blood sugar in the body causing more seizures. It acts as a trigger of symptoms. Thus, try to limit or avoid completely.
- Refined Carbohydrates: Experts say that fluctuations in glucose level in the body can trigger seizures. To balance, avoid foods which raise your glucose level. These foods include soft drinks, white bread, cakes, bagels, white rice, white pasta and chips.
- Alcohol and Caffeine: The diseases get worse with the intake of alcohol and caffeine as these not only affect the nervous system but also affect the sleep.
- Eliminate artificial Sweeteners: There are a number of artificial sweeteners that cause excessive nerve cell firing and increase the risk of seizure attacks.
- MSG: The food additives such as MSG are considered as excitotoxins that promote nerve cells to burst out. Hence, they are highly suggested to avoid.
What Are The Worst Foods For Insomnia
- Alcohol, caffeine
- Spicy foods, especially in dinner
- Foods in high fat, especially just before sleeping
- High protein foods in dinner (proteins or high-fat foods are difficult to digest, hence disturb the sleep.
- Steak: Steak being hard to digest makes the body work more leading to fewer chances of a sound sleep. So, avoiding steak and other hard-to-digest meat options during the night is prudent.
Do's With Usage of LUMINAL 15 MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Epilepsy
Doctor’s suggestions are always helpful. Indeed, different doctors give different opinions, but here are some most common tips that a close one can follow.
- Remove the individual’s specs and tie if possible and also the objects that are sharp.
- Place something soft under the patient’s head.
- Make him speak more.
- Check medicines or any medical identification.
- Make person lie down at the corner.
- After a seizure, turn the victim to his side.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Insomnia
- Wake up early.
- Exercise, as it makes your body tired enough to induce sleep.
- Eat your dinner at least two hours before sleeping.
- Consider Ayurvedic treatment.
- Do yoga for at least 30 mins a day.
- Sleep at the same time every day, as different schedule on weekend, can also lead to insomnia.
- If one is on certain medication then he /she must consult with a doctor and see if the medication is causing Insomnia.
- Completely, cut down the consumption of alcohol, nicotine and caffeine.
- Make your room conditions comfortable like switch off the lights before you go to the bed, Set the comfortable room temperature, turn off the Television, radio or any music system and also, switch off the cell phones. Try to keep your room as clean as possible.
- Try to relax your mind and body before sleeping by taking a hot water bath, listening to soft music, meditation or light yoga.
Dont's With Usage Of LUMINAL 15 MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Epilepsy
| Here are some don’ts which experts believe that can help the patient a lot. Thus, pay an attention to it. |
- Do not panic or be afraid.
- Do not insert any object in the patient’s mouth.
- Don’t offer any food or liquid even water as it can cause choking.
- Do not try to hold the person with physical pressure.
- Do not crowd around the victim.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Insomnia
- Avoid short naps.
- Avoid drinking too much of alcohol, caffeine.
- Avoid checking emails, messages if you suddenly wake up in the night.
- Avoid over use of electronic devices, especially just before going to bed.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfLUMINAL 15 MG TABLET
What Are The Tips For Epilepsy
Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Learn stress management and relaxation techniques like meditation.
- Sleep more and in a proper manner.
- Take all the medicines on time and stay always in touch with your doctor.
What Are The Tips For Insomnia
- Drink warm milk before sleeping.
- Drink almond milk before sleeping.
- Avoid heavy meals in dinner.