MALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION has the following salts in its composition
1) Pyrimethamine (12.5mg) 2) Sulfamethoxazole
Uses Of MALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION
It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections such as:
It is commonly used in combinations with Trimethoprim.
Side Effects Of MALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION
Some of the common side-effects are:
- Nausea, anorexia
- Vomiting, loss of appetites
- Skin rashes, urticaria
Please consult your doctor if any of the above-listed symptoms get worse.
Contraindications Of MALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Inadequate levels of folic
- Hepatic failure
- Renal disorder
- Haematological disorders
Acute bronchitis often referred to as chest cold, is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
Bronchial tubes are the airways which carry oxygen from the trachea (windpipe) to the lungs and carbon dioxide back from the lungs to the windpipe. When the bronchial tubes get infected by virus or bacteria, the swell and produce mucus. This mucous causes a cough in the infected person.
Bronchitis can be acute or chronic.
In acute bronchitis, the patient is sick for week and symptoms last for 1-2 weeks. It comes quickly and is usually self-limiting.
In chronic bronchitis, the patient has recurrent episodes of a cough and can last for a long time. A cough is accompanied with mucus for almost up to three months in a year, and it may take around two years to recover fully.
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Symptoms Treated With MALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION
Acute bronchitis is contagious and spreads from person to person. Symptoms include:
- High-grade fever, a runny nose.
- Initial dry cough, which later changes to wet cough with mucous.
- Sneezing, watery eyes.
- Congestion in the nose.
- Head ache, a sore throat.
- Wheezing, tiredness.
- Body pain.
- Complications include high-grade fever, breathlessness, chest pain and pneumonia.
You can notice that the mucous changes in colour from white to green and then to yellow. It just means that your immune system is trying to fight off the infection.
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
Causes of diseases where MALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION is used
Acute bronchitis occurs more frequently in children and elderly people. However, all age groups are at risk of getting this disease.
- The main cause of this infection is a respiratory virus. Around 10% of cases are caused by a bacterial infection. Other factors which might increase the risk of an infection are:
- It is more common in the winter months.
- Repeated exposure to other persons with bronchitis or the common cold.
- People with a previous condition of upper respiratory tract infection may also get acute bronchitis.
- Exposure to dust, pollutants, chemical fumes, etc.
- Inhaling cigarette smoke.
- Failure to take vaccinations against diseases like whooping cough, pneumonia, and flu.
- Weakened immunity system makes it easy for viruses to cause infections.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
Best Foods With MALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION
For a speedy recovery from acute bronchitis, proper nourishment is as important as medicines and inhalers. In order to fight a cough and clear the bronchial tubes, you need to pep up your immune system.
- Green leafy vegetables like fenugreek leaves, spinach, and kale are rich in immunity boosters like antioxidants, flavonoids, and carotenoids. These help the body to fight off infections.
- Garlic is known to be antibacterial as well as antiviral. Eating raw garlic will help in preventing infections.
- Vitamin C is known to be a great immunity booster. Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, sweet lime, papaya, kiwi, strawberry, etc. and vegetables like Brussels sprouts, bell peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. should be added to the diet.
- Incorporate healthy fatty acids found in walnuts, cold water fish, coconut, etc.
- Spicy food like chilli peppers is believed to stop a runny nose and thin the mucus and clear congestion.
- Ginger is anti-inflammatory and helps in reducing pain.
- Cranberry juice, blueberry juice
- Barley water is considered wonder home remedy for UTIs.
- Parsley water helps relieve a UTI and speeds up the healing process as it acts as a diuretic.
- Chew celery seeds as they also act as the diuretic.
- Cucumber (high water content).
- Take foods high in vitamin C because vitamin C makes urine more acidic, thus inhibiting the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract.
- Barley seeds (also called Jau in Hindi) boiled in water is a wonderful home treatment for UTI. However, please consult your doctor before shifting to only home remedies.
Worst Foods With MALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION
- Reduce the intake of milk as it tends to increase mucous production.
- Avoid fried food, sugary food and food made from refined flour. Do not eat candies, pastries, fries, ice cream, etc. They contain a lot of sugar and synthetic vitamins, which add little or no value to the body’s nutritional requirement.
- Avoid alcohol as well as caffeinated beverages. They dehydrate the body and make the mucous hard. This makes it difficult to remove from the body.
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
Do's With Usage of MALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- If you are suffering from acute bronchitis, do use a tissue to cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing. This will help in preventing your co-workers or friends from contracting this infection.
- If you are working in factories, do use a mask to avoid inhaling dust and smoke.
- Do wash your hands frequently, especially in the flu season, to get rid of any virus or germs that you might have picked up.
- Use humidifiers if you think there is an increase in humidity in the room.
- Inhale steam three to four times a day so that the mucous gets liquefied. It will clear congestion.
- Do take vaccination for flu every year.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do take rest.
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
Dont's With Usage Of MALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid being around people who smoke. Passive smoking also causes bronchitis.
- Avoid going out in damp weather.
- If you have acute bronchitis, be considerate of others by not going out in public places, parks and malls.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfMALIN 12.5MG250MG SUSPENSION
The most important advice is to quit smoking. Secondly, proper hygiene and sanitation are very important to prevent infections. Add to this, an active lifestyle with a balanced diet plays a great role in staying fit and healthy.