MARZON DUO TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of MARZON DUO TABLET
Sultamicillin is a combination antibiotic containing ampicillin and sulbactam. It is used for treating certain bacterial infections like:
- Urinary tract infection
- Respiratory infections
- Skin infections
- Pneumonia, bronchitis
- Soft tissue infections
- Abdominal infections
- And any other infection caused by susceptible microorganisms.
Side Effects Of MARZON DUO TABLET
Sultamicillin is usually well tolerated. Some of the common side-effects (mild to moderate) include:
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain, diarrhoea
Contraindications Of MARZON DUO TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Sultamicillin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Already on penicillin therapy.
- Any upcoming surgery
Pneumonia is an infection of lungs and can happen in one or both lungs. It can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or fungi, though the most common is bacterial pneumonia (especially in adults). Children under the age of 5 are more prone to viral pneumonia.
Pneumonia causes inflammation in alveoli, the air sacs in the lungs. The alveoli (or air sacs) fill with pus or fluid, thus making it difficult to breathe.
Pneumonia in itself is not contagious, but the germs that cause pneumonia can be transferred from one person to another through the air or environment.
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Symptoms Treated With MARZON DUO TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Pneumonia
Common symptoms of pneumonia are:
- A cough, cold, fever
- Chills, breathing problems, shortness of breath
- Increased mucous, discolored mucus
- Loss of appetite
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
Causes of diseases where MARZON DUO TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Pneumonia
There are more than 30 causes of pneumonia. The most common ones are:
- Airborne irritants
These germs overpower the immune system after entering the lungs and invade nearby delicate lung tissues. Children going to school, patients admitted to hospital are more at risk of getting pneumonia as the presence of germs is more at such places because of more probability of sick patients being there.
Some types of pneumonia, like Legionnaires' disease, are contagious only in certain environments. It is caused by a bacterium called Legionella pneumophila, and it may only occur to those people who are exposed to a contaminated air conditioning system. It can also happen due to inhaling droplets from fountains, whirlpools, or spas.
Everybody is equally exposed to germs, but the probability of developing pneumonia depends on one’s health, age, and lifestyle.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
Best Foods With MARZON DUO TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Pneumonia
Breathing difficulty and cough makes your metabolism accelerate and burn more energy. On the other hand, any disease will reduce your appetite, leading to less intake of food and ultimately causing malnutrition. Hence, it is important to have a healthy diet. Take small quantity, but increase the number of servings.
Some of the important nutrients required to fight against the disease and maintain health after the recovery from pneumonia are as below:
- Proteins: in order to recover fast and rebuild your tissues, it is important to have enough proteins in your food. Hence go for cheese, soy, cereals, beans, poultry, red meat, fish or pork.
- Potassium: potassium helps in rebuilding damaged lung tissues. Spinach, baked potatoes, dried apricots, avocado, acorn squash, pomegranate, sweet potato, and coconut water are rich sources of potassium.
- Vitamin C: It helps in accelerating the healing process. Fresh carrot juice, guavas, oranges, papayas, bell peppers, strawberries, kiwifruit, broccoli, snow peas, tomatoes, and kale are all good sources of vitamin C.
- Antimicrobial foods: Antimicrobial foods are natural antibiotics that help in fighting various types of infections. While ginger tops the list in this category, cabbage, honey, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, grape seeds extract and fermented foods are other goods sources of natural antibiotics.
- Ginger is anti-inflammatory and helps in reducing pain.
- Cranberry juice, blueberry juice
- Barley water is considered wonder home remedy for UTIs.
- Parsley water helps relieve a UTI and speeds up the healing process as it acts as a diuretic.
- Chew celery seeds as they also act as the diuretic.
- Cucumber (high water content).
- Take foods high in vitamin C because vitamin C makes urine more acidic, thus inhibiting the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract.
- Barley seeds (also called Jau in Hindi) boiled in water is a wonderful home treatment for UTI. However, please consult your doctor before shifting to only home remedies.
Worst Foods With MARZON DUO TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Pneumonia
- Avoid strong tea, coffee, and other stimulating beverages.
- Alcoholic beverages
- White flour and products made from wheat-flour are difficult to digest, hence should be avoided.
- White sugar, fried foods, pizzas etc. should also be avoided as they increase bloating in the stomach and make breathing more difficult.
- Dairy products, especially curd increase the production of mucus. Hence they should be avoided temporarily, till you recover fully from pneumonia.
- Avoid excessive salt as salt can make the body retain water. Excess water in the body can lead to breathing problems.
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
Do's With Usage of MARZON DUO TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Pneumonia
- Get your child vaccinated against pneumonia, chickenpox, and flu. Flu can lead to pneumonia.
- People above 65 years of age should be given at least 2 shots of pneumonia vaccine as they are more susceptible to catching the disease.
- Wash your hands with soap frequently to avoid infections.
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
Dont's With Usage Of MARZON DUO TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Pneumonia
- Avoid smoking as smokers are more likely to get infections.
- Avoid going close to people who have a cold, pneumonia or other respiratory tract infections.
- Don’t exert yourself too much as it can lead to slow recovery.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfMARZON DUO TABLET
What Are The Tips For Pneumonia
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, and more if possible.