MAXPRIDE 200MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of MAXPRIDE 200MG TABLET
Amisulpride is an atypical antipsychotic medication, used to treat:
- Schizophrenia (Both acute and chronic)
- Disturbed thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
Side Effects Of MAXPRIDE 200MG TABLET
Inform your doctor immediately if you develop any of the following symptoms:
- Trembling, sweating, fast breathing
- Muscle stiffness
- Slow movement, uncontrolled movements (spasms)
- Producing more than usual saliva
- Feeling restless, anxious or agitated
- Uncontrolled movements of arms and legs, face or tongue
- Difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
- Feeling drowsy or sleepy
- Dry mouth
- Putting on weight
- Unusual production of breast milk in women
- Breast pain
- Lack of menstrual periods
- Difficulty in getting/ maintaining an erection, or in ejaculation
- Slowing of the heart beat
- Breast enlargement (in men)
- High temperature
Contraindications Of MAXPRIDE 200MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Amisulpride
Amisulpride should be used with caution in patients with:
- Diabetes or at the risk of developing diabetes
- Kidney problems
- Heart disease, family history of heart disease
- Parkinson's disease
- History of epilepsy
- Decreased level of potassium in blood
- An episode of a stroke or at risk of having a stroke
- Blood clots or at risk of developing blood clots
- patients with breast cancer or prolactin dependent tumours
- A tumour on their adrenal gland (called phaeochromocytoma)
Following people should also use Amisulpride only after consulting doctor:
- Women who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding mothers
- Children before the onset of puberty
- Elderly people
Schizophrenia is a severe and chronic mental disorder, which affects the way a person thinks, behaves or feels. Schizophrenia in children is very rare and its symptoms usually start between 16-30 years of age.
People with schizophrenia often seem as if they have lost touch with reality.
Symptoms Treated With MAXPRIDE 200MG TABLET
Symptoms of Schizophrenia can be categorized into following three categories:
1. Positive symptoms: Psychotic behaviours, not seen in healthy people normally. People having positive symptoms sometimes lose touch with some aspects of reality. Positive symptoms may be:
- Movement disorders
- The dysfunctional or unusual way of thinking, thinking disorder.
2. Negative symptoms: Negative symptoms disrupt normal behaviours and emotions. Some of the symptoms are:
- Flat affect: Expression of emotions through voice, tone or face reduces.
- The feeling of pleasure reduces in everyday life.
- Lesser speaking
- Difficulty in starting or sustaining activities.
3. Cognitive symptoms: These are subtle for some and severe for others. Patients may experience changes in memory or other thinking aspects. Cognitive symptoms include:
- Executive functioning: Poor ability to understand, process and make use of information for decision making.
- Trouble in focusing or paying attention.
- Problems with working memory: the ability to make use of information immediately after learning it.
Causes of diseases where MAXPRIDE 200MG TABLET is used
Exact causes of schizophrenia are unknown; however, a combination of physical, environmental, certain factors like genetic and psychological factors seems to play an important role in the development of schizophrenia.
Some factors that can lead to schizophrenia are as follows:
- Brain development
- Changes in levels of neurotransmitters
- Complications during birth.
- Drug abuse
Worst Foods With MAXPRIDE 200MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Schizophrenia
- Carbonated drinks full of sugary syrup are dangerous for people with schizophrenia.
- Gluten rich foods like pasta, bread, barley
- Dried fruits (these have high sugar content and reduce a key hormone of the brain called BNDF)
- Processed foods as they can cause nutritional deficiencies
- Stimulants like caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine.
Do's With Usage of MAXPRIDE 200MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Schizophrenia
If you have a family member with schizophrenia, remember that:
- A delusion doesn’t go away by reasoning and hence no discussion is needed.
- Separate the person from the disorder. Love the person, irrespective of your hate for the disorder.
- You may need to renegotiate your emotional relationship and to revise your expectations.
- Strange behaviour is the symptom of the disorder. Hence, don't take it personally.
- You are not alone. Sharing your feelings and thoughts with others in a support group is helpful and relieves stress.
Dont's With Usage Of MAXPRIDE 200MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Schizophrenia
In order to lower the risk of schizophrenia, one should:
- Avoid social isolation. Be socially active.
- Avoid street drugs and reduce alcohol.
- Don’t’ continue under stress for long. Take professional counselor's help on how to reduce stress.
- Learn to manage your relationships in a healthy manner.
- Keep yourself busy as the idle mind is more prone to mental disorders.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfMAXPRIDE 200MG TABLET
- Try to engage the patient in conversation, whenever he/she talks about his/her fear
- Schizophrenia can relapse any time, hence watch out for symptoms.
- Do not leave the treatment once the patient starts feeling better. Complete the treatment till doctor advises.
- Pl. don’t challenge the patient’s beliefs or delusions, as very ‘real’ for the person who is experiencing it.