METROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Diloxanide 2) Ornidazole 3) Simethicone
Uses Of METROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET
Ornidazole is used for managing Protozoan infections.
It is an anti-foaming agent used to treat abdominal swelling, Pain and discomfort of digestive tract caused by the presence of excessive gas in the stomach.
It works by increasing the rate of expulsion of gases from the stomach and thus helps in relieving the Pain.
Side Effects Of METROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Ornidazole
Some of the common side-effects include:
When Simethicone is taken in appropriate dose as directed by the doctor, there are usually no side effects.
Consult your doctor if any of the following allergic side effects occurs:
- Difficulty in breathing
Contraindications Of METROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Ornidazole
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Multiple sclerosis or epilepsy multiple sclerosis
Contraindications Of Salt: Simethicone
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding.
Protozoan Infections are characterised as parasitic diseases that are caused due to the microorganisms from the Protozoan family. These are classified into three categories, namely: Chromalveolata, Excavata, and Amoebozoa. Some organisms from these categories include Giardia Lamblia, Plasmodium, Entamoeba Histolytica, etc.
- Gastric problem occurs in the stomach or oesophagus. The gastric troubles are disturbance of gastric mucosa (mucous membrane layer of the stomach), acids contact stomach nerve endings.
- This problem can be acute or chronic. The acute gastric trouble gets away quickly but the chronic disorder can further lead to ulcers. Antacids, H2 antagonists or proton pump inhibitors can be used to treat the issue.
Symptoms Treated With METROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET
A number of symptoms that occur due to Protozoan infections have been listed below. Some of these occur only due to a specific Protozoan organism.
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of weight
- Increased heart rate
- Rectum bleeding
- Gastrointestinal signs
- The common symptoms of gastric trouble are excessive gas, digestion problems, heartburn, bloating, or distention (ballooning effect).
Causes of diseases where METROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET is used
A number of causes are behind infections due to Protozoan organisms. Some are mentioned below:
- Transmission of an infectious disease
- Contaminated food, water
- Contagious – spread from people to people
- Transmitted by pathogenic organism
- The problem might occur due to excessive physical or mental stress, certain foods, inflammation of gastric mucosa or the antibiotics.
Best Foods With METROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET
Protozoan infections are caused by parasites, which is why it is appropriate to consume anti-parasitic foods. A few such foods are listed below:
- Horseradish: This food contains a strong antibacterial component known as allyl isothiocyanate that helps in reducing protozoan infections in the body.
- Cayenne: Cayenne, which is similar to Capsicum, helps to keep away the parasites from the body.
- Thyme: Consume thyme tea for fighting any fungal infections related to Protozoan infections.
- Raw Garlic: Raw garlic has been considered very effective against protozoans like Giardia Lamblia, so one can consume freshly chopped garlic in vegetable juice.
- Other foods that are good for such infections are pumpkin seeds for improving the immune system, coconuts for their lauric acid that converts to monolaurin (able to kill protozoa).
- Protozoan infected patients need to follow a balanced food diet containing whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy products, low cholesterol foods, sugar-free foods, etc.
Following foods help reduce the gastric problem:
- Garlic reduces the gastric problem. Chewing fresh garlic after every meal is very beneficial.
- Caraway seeds (jeera) are good for stomach gas, cramps and indigestion. It can be added for tea preparation as well.
- Yogurt. It can be eaten alone or the butter made of it.
- Cloves can decrease the gastric pain.
- Fennel seeds (sauna) provide instant relief from the gastric trouble and bloating.
- Lukewarm water.
- Apple cider vinegar decreases the problems in digestion.
- Cardamom: It speeds up digestion and relaxes the gastric trouble.
- Baking soda: Add a teaspoon to a cup of water to get instant relief from acidity or heartburn.
- Yastimadhu is an antacid.
- Senna leaves can be used occasionally.
- Cinnamon: Add powdered cinnamon to milk and honey.
- Ginger: Ginger tea in the beginning of the day.
- Amla: These are rich fibre sources and improve the bowel movements and keep the gastrointestinal system clean.
- Turmeric: It decreases the gastric inflammation.
- Coconut water.
Worst Foods With METROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET
Parasitic or protozoan infections are majorly due to the consumption of foods that are not fresh. Moreover, a number of foods that have an excess of a certain ingredient only triggers the parasites to attack the body further. Some of these foods are:
- Contaminated food: Probably the most obvious of all the foods that may be affected by Protozoan parasites is contaminated food. Parasites are lurking on such food items looking for hosts.
- High sugar and carbohydrate food: Sugary and carb-rich food items are equally dangerous for people as these also have high chances of parasites in them. Moreover, such foods weaken the immune system, leading to frequent attacks from parasites.
- Uncovered food: Many stalls all over the world serve open food items that are risky to consume. Patients are warned not to consume such open food items.
- Foods that can cause gastric trouble:
- Aerated beverages
- Spicy and fried foods
- Junk foods, smoking, alcohol.
Do's With Usage of METROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Protozoan infections
- Take proper medications.
- Clean the hands properly.
- Consume hygienic food. Drink clean water.
- Cook food within the recommended heat.
- Follow proper nutrition.
- Stay away from mosquito bites.
- Maintain a strong immune system.
- Wash fruits and vegetables properly before eating.
- Consume fresh food items.
- Maintain personal hygienic condition.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Gastric problem
- Eat your foods silently. Don’t talk too much while eating
Dont's With Usage Of METROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Protozoan infections
- Avoid drinking water from lake, ponds and streams
- Do not consume contaminated water
- Stop water getting stagnant in your environment
- Avoid close contact with infected people
- Smoky, dusty environments should be avoided.
- Don’t buy food from unhygienic shops.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Gastric problem
- Don’t eat fast. Don’t rush through your food.
- Don’t lie down after having a meal.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfMETROGYL COMPOUND PLUS TABLET
Maintaining perfect diet will strengthen the immune system and such infections can be avoided. Ensuring a clean environment and taking preventive measures also make the infection stay away from infecting us.
Some useful tips for the gastric trouble:
- Walk for some time after eating food.
- Sit upright while having your meals.