MIGON PLUS TABLET 10`S has the following salts in its composition
1) Propranolol 2) Flunarizine
Uses Of MIGON PLUS TABLET 10`S
Propranolol is a beta blocker used to treat:
- High blood pressure
- Irregular heartbeats
- Shaking (tremors)
- To improve the chance of survival after a heart attack.
- Prevent migraine headaches
- Chest pain (angina).
Propranolol has also been used to control overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) or symptoms of anxiety.
It is a calcium antagonist found effective in following conditions:
Side Effects Of MIGON PLUS TABLET 10`S
Some patients may feel one or more of the following common side-effects, as they adjust to the medication:
- Dizziness, light-headedness, or tiredness
- Stomach pain, nausea/vomiting,
- Changes in vision, trouble in sleeping
- Feeling of coldness in hands and feet caused by reduced blood flow. This effect may worsen if you smoke.
Please inform your doctor immediately, if you experience any of the following rare but serious side-effects:
- Blue toes/ fingers
- Mood changes like depression
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in ankles or feet, swelling in joints
- Extremely slow heartbeat
- Numbness of arms or legs, tingling
- Decrease in sexual ability
- Increased urination or thirst
- Sudden weight gain
Some of the common side-effects are:
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
- Extrapyramidal reactions
Consult your doctor if any of the above side effects gets worsen.
Contraindications Of MIGON PLUS TABLET 10`S
Contraindications Of Salt: Propranolol
Propranolol is contraindicated in:
- Cardiogenic shock
- Bronchial asthma
- Sinus bradycardia and greater than first-degree block
- Patients who are hypersensitive to Propranolol hydrochl
Contraindications Of Salt: Flunarizine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- GI or urinary tract obstruction
- Heart stroke
- Heart failure
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure in common language, is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated.
- Migraine is a result of some abnormal activities in the brain that cause a severe headache. This is accompanied by over-sensitivity to light, sound or particular kind of smells.
Epilepsy is a chronic nervous system disorder in which activity of the nerve cell in the brain becomes unprovoked and disrupted causing seizures and unconsciousness. The seizures may be mild or severe, but it can affect the whole brain and that can lead to spasms and hardly controllable muscle twitches. It’s quite a common disease hence; it can be treated with proper medications.
Feeling of the spinning world, rocking or rotating is experienced even if one is completely still, is called Vertigo. Many times children spin around can experience the feeling of vertigo for a few moments. But comparatively symptoms of vertigo occurred due to some injury or spontaneously may last for a few hours to many days.
Vertigo may be long term as well as temporary. Vertigo that is persistent can be because of particular mental health problems. Such mental problem causes dizziness and vertigo, which affect the ability of a person to properly function in day to day life, ultimately resulting in depression.
There are mainly two types of vertigo classified on the account of how it happens. Two types of vertigo are:
- Peripheral vertigo: Peripheral vertigo occurs due to the problem in one’s inner ear.
- Central vertigo: Central vertigo signifies the problem in one’s central nervous system.
Symptoms Treated With MIGON PLUS TABLET 10`S
What Are The Symptoms Of Hypertension
High blood pressure in itself usually does not cause symptoms, but long term high blood pressure is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, vision loss, stroke, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease.
What Are The Symptoms Of Migraine
- Though not all the migraine pains are similar, few common symptoms are: moderate to severe throbbing pain in either side of the head, which increases during any physical activity, sweating, temperature change of the body, abdominal pain, nausea, pain in the eyes etc.. There may be sensitivity to noise, smell and light.
What Are The Symptoms Of Epilepsy
| There are a number of symptoms of this disease as it affects nervous system which controls the whole body. Sometimes symptoms can be mild but sometimes it can be severe. The most common are: - |
- Temporary paralysis post seizure
- Jerking and uncontrollable movements of the legs and arms
- Change in behaviour.
- Staring blankly.
- Performing repetitive movements.
- Confusion for a short time.
- Loss of consciousness and vision.
What Are The Symptoms Of Vertigo
Vertigo is generally triggered by the position change of one’s head. The complaints of the people suffering from vertigo are as follows:
- Tilting, spinning or swaying of the head.
- Loss of balance.
- Some symptoms that come along with vertigo are:
- A decrease in concentration.
- Weak coordination.
- Pain in muscles.
- Feeling of depression.
- Lack of stamina and feeling exhausted.
- Experiencing motion sickness.
- An increase in heart palpitation.
- Blurred or double vision.
- Sensitivity to noise and bright light.
- Reduction in consciousness.
- Feeling of nausea.
- Jerking or abnormal movement of eyes.
- An Extreme headache.
- Ringing sound in the ears or loss in hearing ability is experienced.
These symptoms may last for a few minutes to days.
Causes of diseases where MIGON PLUS TABLET 10`S is used
- Wrong life style, lack of physical activity
- Eating disorders
- Old age, over weight
- Too much of salt in diet, alcohol
What Are The Causes Of Migraine
Though real cause of migraine is still not known, possible causes could be:
- Central nervous disorder
- Genetic predispositions
- Abnormalities in brain chemical or nerve pathways
- Abnormalities in blood vessel system of brain, or vascular system.
- Things which can trigger the attack of migraine are skipping meals, salty foods, junk foods, hormonal changes, sensory triggers like exposure to light, noise or certain kinds of smells.
What Are The Causes Of Epilepsy
| The disease epilepsy has no identifiable or exact cause, some of the common factors were found in the patients and it concludes some of the possible causes. Here are the ones: - |
- Brain tumours and strokes can cause epilepsy.
- Head injury in a car accident or other incident.
- Genetic is considered as one of the causes.
- Lack of oxygen to the brain.
- Serious illness or very high fever.
- Prenatal Injuries is a possible cause as the brain of a baby is too sensitive that a minor jerk can cause this sometimes.
What Are The Causes Of Vertigo
Vertigo may be caused by complications in the central nervous system or brain known as central vertigo and the problem in the inner ear known as peripheral vertigo. Vertigo is basically a symptom of certain conditions. Few conditions and reasons that cause vertigo are:
The most prevalent form of vertigo is Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). BPPV is marked by the motion sensation, which lasts for 15 seconds to a couple of minutes. It happens due to the abrupt movement of the head, in a particular direction, like rolling in bed. This is not a very serious kind of vertigo and treated with an ease.
Inflammation in the inner part of an ear may cause vertigo, which is called Vestibular neuritis or Labyrinthitis. In this defined by the rapid outbreak of vertigo and it can cause hearing loss. Bacterial or viral ear infection can be the common cause of labyrinthitis. In this symptoms may last for days till the inflammation is decreased. Viruses that cause vestibular neuritis or labyrinthitis may include Epstein- bar virus (EBV), hepatitis, polio, mumps, rubella, measles, influenza, and herpes virus.
- Meniere's disease: It is a common cause of vertigo. Meniere’s disease may be caused due to certain factors like allergies, hereditary factors, head injury, or viral infection in the ear. It may cause symptoms like hearing loss, tinnitus, and vertigo.
- Acoustic neuroma: A tumour in the inner ear is called acoustic neuroma, and it is not a very common cause of vertigo. The symptoms of acoustic neuroma include hearing loss, ringing ear, and vertigo.
- Decrease in blood flow at the brain’s base can cause vertigo.Blockage or clots in the blood vessels at the brain’s back may cause a stroke, this is called cerebral vascular accidents. Sometimes, bleeding in the brain’s backside may also cause stroke, which is called cerebral haemorrhage. Both of these conditions may lead to vertigo symptoms.
- Multiple sclerosis is also one of the causes of vertigo.
- Neck injury or head trauma can lead to vertigo. In this symptoms may depart on its own. Certain neck issues like injury in the blood can lead to cervical vertigo.
- Migraine or extreme headaches can be the cause of vertigo.
- Complications induced by diabetes may cause the arteries to harden, which is called arteriosclerosis. This may cause the decrease in the blood flow to the brain, which induces vertigo symptoms.
- One of the causes of vertigo can be the hormonal imbalance during pregnancy. Dizziness is due to the high pressure on the blood vessels because of the expanding uterus.
- Stress, panic attack, or anxiety may cause vertigo symptoms to occur.
- A common cause of vertigo is a medical condition called Mal de Debarquement that means “sickness of disembarkation.” In this medical condition, a person may feel dizziness after travelling by boat or ship. People who go for a cruise feel it afterward in most cases. However, this may also be experienced after getting out of a train, car, or plane.
Worst Foods With MIGON PLUS TABLET 10`S
What Are The Worst Foods For Hypertension
- Limit your sodium intake to 1500 milligrams (less than one tablespoon) per day. Avoid foods like:
- Canned juices, processed foods
- Fatty food, oily food
- The more an item stays in food, the more sodium it accumulates. Canned foods need to stay longer and need preservatives. Salt is a good preservative, used in most of the canned foods. However, the longer a vegetable stays in salt, the more sodium it accumulates. Hence, it is always suggested to eat freshly cooked food, then frozen or pre-cooked food.
- Coffee: People who have low blood pressure are recommended coffee as it increases blood pressure. Those with high BP should immediately stop drinking coffee as it contains caffeine, the main culprit of hypertension.
- Alcohol: Having 3 drinks at a time can increase your blood pressure for a short while. Regularly drinking alcohol can result in long term hypertension.
What Are The Worst Foods For Migraine
Foods that trigger a migraine and other headaches and must be avoided are:
- Pickled, fermented or marinated foods contain Monosodium Glutamine (MSG), that stimulates a migraine
- Asian foods, especially the Chinese foods, contain MSG in the flavouring, so must be avoided
- Caffeine (chocolates, tea, coffee, sodas, energy drinks)
- Aged Cheese: Tyramine, a monoamine found in blue cheese, Parmesan, Cheddar induce a migraine. Smoked fish and sausages also contain the same
- Preservative Sodium Nitrate found in various fast foods must not be consumed
- Onions contain tyramine that induces a migraine
- Artificial sugar containing drinks must not be consumed
- Alcohol, the red wine specifically. Though beer and white wine can also lead to a migraine.
What Are The Worst Foods For Epilepsy
| Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Thus, avoid them completely. Some of them are: - |
- Sugar: It imbalances the blood sugar in the body causing more seizures. It acts as a trigger of symptoms. Thus, try to limit or avoid completely.
- Refined Carbohydrates: Experts say that fluctuations in glucose level in the body can trigger seizures. To balance, avoid foods which raise your glucose level. These foods include soft drinks, white bread, cakes, bagels, white rice, white pasta and chips.
- Alcohol and Caffeine: The diseases get worse with the intake of alcohol and caffeine as these not only affect the nervous system but also affect the sleep.
- Eliminate artificial Sweeteners: There are a number of artificial sweeteners that cause excessive nerve cell firing and increase the risk of seizure attacks.
- MSG: The food additives such as MSG are considered as excitotoxins that promote nerve cells to burst out. Hence, they are highly suggested to avoid.
What Are The Worst Foods For Vertigo
Vertigo symptoms can be worsened by the consumption of some foods, which are as follows:
- Salty foods: Diet high in sodium may disturb the balance of fluid in one’s body, which increases the risk of flaring up vertigo. A quarter of a tea spoon of the salt gives 600 mg sodium, which is about one-third of one’s daily diet recommendation. Few foods high in sodium are frozen foods, processed foods, potato chips, pickles, canned soups and vegetables, packed butter popcorns, pretzels, and crackers. One can substitute salt with natural herbs for flavouring.
- Sugary Foods: Sugar may also disturb the fluid balance of one’s body, increasing the risk of vertigo hence should be avoided. Beverages and foods high in sugar are high- fructose corn syrup, sugar cane, candies, jellies, jams, sorbet, maple and other syrup, cake frostings, pastries, cream cookies, puddings, soft drinks, packed juice, and canned fruits.
- Aged Meats and Cheese: High amount of tyramine, which is an amino acid, is present in aged cheese and meats. Consuming such foods can be a common migraine trigger. So, one must avoid such foods in case he/she is prone to a migraine, as a migraine can cause vertigo symptoms. Few types of aged meats are salami, smoked sausage, liverwurst and pepperoni, and aged cheese are Roquefort, blue, cheddar, brie, mozzarella, provolone, and Swiss cheese.
- Nuts and Seeds: Most of the seeds and nuts have a high content of tyramine, which triggers the symptoms of vertigo, therefore should be avoided. Some the nuts and seeds that must avoid in the case of vertigo are pecans, peanuts, walnuts, peanut butter, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Caffeinated beverages: Intake of a high amount of caffeinated beverages may result in the compression of the blood vessels, which may lead to vertigo. Blood circulation is decreased by the intake of caffeine, which may result in dizziness. One must avoid the following caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee, and high caffeine soda drinks.
Do's With Usage of MIGON PLUS TABLET 10`S
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Hypertension
- 30 minutes of yoga every day can help you reduce high blood pressure. Pranayama is the best yoga for controlling high BP.
- Do conscious breathing for 3o minutes every day.
- End your exercise with 5 minutes of Shavasana.
- Do the brisk walk for 30 minutes a day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Migraine
To relax from the migraine pain or other headaches, do the following:
- Lavender oil can be inhaled or applied directly to reduce the pain
- Peppermint oil stimulates a proper flow of oxygen into the bloodstream as this is the major cause of a migraine
- Basil oil relaxes the muscles and helps reduce a headache caused due to tension or tight muscles.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Epilepsy
Doctor’s suggestions are always helpful. Indeed, different doctors give different opinions, but here are some most common tips that a close one can follow.
- Remove the individual’s specs and tie if possible and also the objects that are sharp.
- Place something soft under the patient’s head.
- Make him speak more.
- Check medicines or any medical identification.
- Make person lie down at the corner.
- After a seizure, turn the victim to his side.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Vertigo
Tips to keep in mind while suffering from vertigo are:
- Just remember to grab the nearest support available as soon as one feels the vertigo symptoms.
- Rest in a comfortable and stable position, and try to keep oneself still.
- If one’s need to move, then just do it carefully and slowly.
- Keep one’s eyes closed or keep them hooked on an object in front.
- Consider having a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours a day.
- Keep well hydrated.
- Recognize your triggers: Triggers are not same for everyone so try to learn about them and then try to avoid them.
- Perform yoga exercise under an expert guidance: It helps to reduce the pressure on nerves of the neck and ears, which helps to ease vertigo symptoms.
Dont's With Usage Of MIGON PLUS TABLET 10`S
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Hypertension
- Do not stay awake till long. Have adequate sleep.
- Reduce stress, avoid stressful situations.
- Reduce weight, if you are obese.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Migraine
- Don’t spend too much time in front of the computer, mobile or any other electronic gadget.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Epilepsy
| Here are some don’ts which experts believe that can help the patient a lot. Thus, pay an attention to it. |
- Do not panic or be afraid.
- Do not insert any object in the patient’s mouth.
- Don’t offer any food or liquid even water as it can cause choking.
- Do not try to hold the person with physical pressure.
- Do not crowd around the victim.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Vertigo
Few Points to keep in mind, which one should avoid doing to prevent vertigo are:
- Do not be anxious don’t panic. As anxiety can worsen the condition.
- Do not move rapidly or very quickly.
- Do not raise your head with a jerk all of a sudden.
- Do not exert when symptoms of vertigo occur.
- Do not hesitate to ask for assistance in case there is a need to walk.
- Do not smoke: Nicotine is not good for one’s health and can trigger vertigo symptoms. Nicotine decreases the supply of blood in the inner ear as it constricts one’s blood vessels. It may also increase the blood pressure for a short span of time, which can trigger the vertigo symptoms.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfMIGON PLUS TABLET 10`S
What Are The Tips For Migraine
Lifestyle Changes to prevent the migraine pains:
- Have a proper sleep cycle with fixed sleeping and waking up time
- Regular Exercise
- Consume regular meals, as the dip in the sugar level, can be a cause of a migraine
- Drink adequate amount of water as dehydration can also be a cause of a migraine
- Stress is a major cause of a migraine, de-stress yourself through meditation, yoga, calm music or walk
- Additional therapies along with prescription like acupuncture, massage, and talk therapy can help reduce the ailment.
What Are The Tips For Epilepsy
Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the patient: -
- Learn stress management and relaxation techniques like meditation.
- Sleep more and in a proper manner.
- Take all the medicines on time and stay always in touch with your doctor.
What Are The Tips For Vertigo
- Maintain right posture when suffering from vertigo and dizziness.
- Do not exert yourself.
- Stay away from anxiety and stress.