MINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of MINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET
Desmopressin is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Haemophilia>Haemophilia A
- Diabetes insipidus
- Bed wetting, night time urination
- High urea levels in blood
Side Effects Of MINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET
The common side effects of Desmopressin are:
- Facial flushing
- Stomach upset
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Mental / mood changes
- Sudden weight gain
- Low sodium levels in blood
- Seizures, fainting
- Muscle weakness
- Nausea, vomiting
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of MINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Desmopressin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug desmopressin or any other allergies.
- Heart disease, high blood pressure
- Mineral imbalance, kidney disease
- Low sodium levels in blood
Bedwetting, or night time enuresis, alludes to the unintended passage of urine amid rest. Enuresis is the therapeutic term for wetting, regardless of whether in the attire amid the day or in bed during the night. Another name is urinary incontinence.
Haemophilia is a medical condition in which there is an aberration in a person’s ability to coagulate blood. In layman’s terms, people who suffer from haemophilia are often referred to as having a "bleeding tendency." Haemophilia is the commonest disorder of coagulation and is an inherited condition. There are two types of Haemophilia: Haemophilia A and Haemophilia B.
Coagulation of blood is controlled by different clotting factors found in the blood, as well as blood platelets. Haemophilia A is due to a deficiency in factor VIII of the clotting factors. Haemophilia B is due to a deficiency in factor IX.
Bleeding or injury leads to the trigger of a complex clotting cascade. Platelets in the blood initially arrive at the site of injury, as an acute response to achieve haemostasis. Clotting factors are involved in the subsequent response to trauma, as platelet binding causes activation of the coagulation pathway. The coagulation cascade has two pathways, extrinsic and intrinsic, which both lead to the end goal of fibrin formation. Fibrin forms a mesh-like structure that assists blood clot formation, as other factors involved in blood clotting can adhere to this framework.
Calcium, Vitamin K and phospholipids also contribute to the clotting pathway.
The symptoms due to haemophilia may differ, depending on the severity. Some may only experience mild episodes, while others may experience life-threatening haemorrhages.
Mild haemophilia is classified when there is more than five percent of clotting factors present and active, moderate haemophilia is when there is between one and five percent of factors present, and severe haemophilia occurs when there is less than one percent of the clotting factor present.
Haemophilia is treated with factor replacement or FFPs (Fresh Frozen Plasma).
Symptoms Treated With MINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Bedwetting
- If the child is wetting the bed even after the age of 7, then he/she might be prone to this disorder.
- If the child is not able to voluntarily control his/her bowel movements, then he/she is likely to suffer from this condition.
- Symptoms such as painful urine, irregular thirst, pink or red urine, hard stools, or wheezing may result in this condition.
What Are The Symptoms Of Haemophilia
Haemophilia is usually suspected when a person has a prolonged bleeding time after a minimal event such as drawing blood, teeth extraction or a superficial abrasion that doesn’t heal. Trauma may also precipitate an abnormal bleeding response, e.g. bleed into a joint after a minor fall.
Internal or external haemorrhages range from mild to moderate bleeding episodes, depending on the severity of haemophilia that a person has. Haemophilia usually presents in childhood, and if severe, may present within the first two years of life.
Common symptoms include:
- Prolonged bleeding after tooth extraction, or bleeding from gums in teething infants
- Haemarthrosis (bleeding into joints) after minor traumas. Recurrent episodes of haemarthrosis may lead to progressive destruction and deformities of joints, and eventually, secondary osteoarthritis may occur.
- Haematomas in muscles may occur and can predispose to compartment syndrome (potential muscle and nerve cell death due to increased pressures in the soft tissue "compartments")
- Haematuria (blood in the urine)
- Prolonged bleeding after surgery
- Severe bleeding episodes can lead to intracranial haemorrhage (bleeding in the brain). This may present with headaches, nausea, projectile vomiting, neurological fallouts or altered level of consciousness.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding may lead to blood in stools
Causes of diseases where MINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Bedwetting
While an actual cause of bedwetting is still not known, a few assumed causes are mentioned below:
- Small Bladder
- Hormone Imbalance
- Sleep Apnoea
- Urinary Tract Infection
- The basic problem in the urinary tract or sensory system.
What Are The Causes Of Haemophilia
Haemophilia is a genetic, sex-linked disorder that carried by the X-chromosomes. X-chromosome linkage implies that mainly males are affected, as they have only one X-chromosome and one Y-chromosome.
Females can be the genetic “carriers" of haemophilia, as they have two X chromosomes, and an additive healthy X-chromosome may minimise the effects of the X-gene carrying haemophilia. It is estimated that about one-third of carrier females may have mild bleeding tendencies although most female carriers are asymptomatic. A female may have haemophilia if her mother is a carrier, and her father has haemophilia- thus receiving two abnormal X-genes.
A mother with a carrier gene has 25% chance of affecting her son, and 25% chance of her daughter inheriting the gene.
Haemophilia A occurs in about five to ten percent of cases. Different genetic mutations give rise to haemophilia A. Haemophilia B is more common, and occurs in eighty percent of cases.
Best Foods With MINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Bedwetting
- Have a go at acquainting high fibre nourishments to diet and also a lot of water:
- Whole grains: The fibres regulate the glucose levels and deals with the production of urine and its entry through the bladder and treating bed wetting.
- Celery and lettuce: Helps in bladder relaxation and limits the urine passage for the duration of the night.
- Pears, apples, plums, and peaches: Flush out the unsafe toxins from the body.
- Almonds: This controls the inclination of more urine production by the body and actually cures the bed wetting inconvenience.
- Honey: It's natural sweetness adjusts the insulin spikes in the circulatory system and controls the high urine development.
- Bananas: Bananas help to secure the stomach and tie the stomach in a way that controls the desire of urine till the morning.
What Are The Best Foods For Haemophilia
- Vitamin K containing foods such as leafy green vegetables spinach, kale, lettuce, broccoli, Swiss chard, cauliflower. Oils such as olive oil.
- Calcium rich foods such as dairy products (milk, cheese, yoghurt, kefir), spinach, broccoli.
- Magnesium rich foods almonds, spinach, chard, pumpkin seeds,
- Iron rich foods (in combination with vitamin c which increases iron absorption) such as green leafy vegetables, raisins, red meat, poultry, beans and seafood.
Worst Foods With MINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Bedwetting
Take a stab at withholding these foods and beverages after 4 pm, as they have been connected with bedwetting.
- Caffeine: Makes bedwetting worse and should be avoided few hours before bedtime.
- Chocolate: Contains a chemical related to caffeine.
- Salt: Salt attracts water and worsens the condition.
- White Bread and pasta: These foods may cause constipation.
- Junk Food and eggs.
- All beverages, which are high in sugar as they can have a diuretic effect.
What Are The Worst Foods For Haemophilia
Foods that have a natural anticoagulant effect should be avoided. These include:
- Turmeric, Cinnamon, Cayenne pepper
- Vitamin E containing foods: Avocados, sunflower seeds, peanuts, Brazilian nuts
- Fatty fish high in EPA, which has a mild anticoagulant effect should be used in moderation.
Do's With Usage of MINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bedwetting
- For patients, remain quiet, prepared and do whatever it takes not to stress.
- For parents or guardians, make sure that the patient consumes a lot of natural product, vegetables, oat and liquids.
- Make sure that the person goes to the washroom before going to bed.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Haemophilia
Dont's With Usage Of MINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bedwetting
- Parents should avoid scolding their child as they do not have a control over themselves in this disorder.
- There is no need to be embarrassed about disclosing this condition.
- Do not neglect the condition thinking that it will pass away. It needs proper treatment, so consult a specialist immediately.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Haemophilia
- Be cautious before using any herbal medicine or supplement, as they often influence coagulation of blood (thinning or thickening blood)
- Anti-inflammatory medications should be avoided due to their platelet inhibiting ability. This includes NSAIDs such as Aspirin and Ibuprofen.
- Contact sports should be avoided due to the increased risk of bleeding into tissues.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfMINIRIN MELT 120MCG TABLET
What Are The Tips For Bedwetting
The initial step you have to take in tending to the issue is conversing with your kid about any apprehensions and tensions confronted.
Give your youngster a chance to feel more responsible for the circumstance, by helping you to change the bed blankets, flushing them and setting them in a clothing pack. Bear in mind to commend your kid for all the assistance.
Supplements that decreases blood clotting and should be avoided include:
- Gingko Biloba
- Vitamin E-containing supplements